HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote:It's another wolf!!
Oreo tucks his tail up between his legs, as he continues to hide behind the human she-vet.
I am seriously reconsidering the surgeries you have planned for me!!
It's not safe in this town, it's full of wolves!
◊Calm down kit , I'm not gonna hurt you or your human companion here◊ The wolf chuckled ◊Beside , to be frank , that fox in there is more dangerous than I am .◊
Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes, I am. I'm Samantha Walton, a vet. You look like the wolf that sent the fox into our care. Do you need medical assistance too?" asks Samantha, recognizing the wolf from the descriptions in the news, noting the bandages, and trusting her less for it.
◊Thank you for the kind offer , but I have to politely decline , anyway since you're taking care of "the fox" , would you mind of I ask a few question about that kit ?◊
MrNeonShot wrote:Waaay too early to sleep for me. When do you usually hit the hay? Hutch asks the vixen.
"Whenever I feel like it , so no particular time , some days I sleep early , some others I don't sleep at all , you know"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Nadia is very indecisive, isn't she? Hutch thought to himself.
So, uh... What are you in for? Hutch asked, trying to get an answer other than "Because I want to be".
It was weird, because she was very passionate when she was talking to the vet, but now she seemed very passive.
Maybe she was just tired of talking?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote:Nadia is very indecisive, isn't she? Hutch thought to himself.
So, uh... What are you in for? Hutch asked, trying to get an answer other than "Because I want to be".
It was weird, because she was very passionate when she was talking to the vet, but now she seemed very passive.
Maybe she was just tired of talking?
"What do you mean "in for" exactly ? Like how I ended up here ?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, well... Are you okay? You look pretty hurt. Hutch asked the last part as sweetly as he could.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote:Yeah, well... Are you okay? You look pretty hurt. Hutch asked the last part as sweetly as he could.
"well yeah , I'm ok now I guess , got into a fight yesterday , lost the fight in the forest , and then Doc, the wold who were here just now , found me . When I woke up , I was here."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks." Flynn finds the drinks and a tray and carries them out to the waiting pets. Putting on a French accent, he assumes the role of the waiter.
"'Oo 'as ordeerred ze lemonade?" he asks, grinning.

~~~~
"She won't hurt you. I'll make sure of that. And the other wolf was friendly, remember?" reassures Samantha quietly.
"And yet "that fox" is now in hospital while you're just fine." Samantha points out. "You can ask whatever you like but I can't guarantee an answer. It is his private medical information after all." In her pocket, she finds a scalpel blade still in its packet, a couple of gloves, a bottle of anti-skunk smell spray, two more plastic bags and a pen. Nothing that would be terribly effective against a raging wolf. If worst came to worst she could spray the wolf in the eyes with the squirty bottle, she supposed.

~~~~
"Sure. I'll check with him and give you a call sometime tomorrow." Paul walks Christopher and Alice out to the carpark and waves them off before locking the door, switching off the lights and heading back out to the cage room.
"Well. Dinner time, I suppose. I'll give you some beef with marrowbone and liver tonight, Nadia. We need to get plenty of iron and other vitamins and minerals into you so you can get make more blood cells more quickly. No food for you though, sorry, Hutch. You need to have an empty stomach for your anaesthetic tomorrow. Besides, we normally fast pets for a day or so after they have bloating or GDV anyway to let the stomach settle down again." Paul empties another can into a bowl, zapping it briefly in the microwave to take the chill off it, and then fills a cup with water and passes both along with a spoon to the vixen.
"Let me know if that's too cold, Nadia." Paul proceeds to clean up for the night, placing the bowls from the drying rack back in the cupboards, emptying the bins and wiping down the benches.
"Do either of you need the bathroom at all?" he enquires.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Faust couldn't help but let out a little chuckle as he over heard Flynn.

"He got the accent right, but he should put more feelings into it."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "She won't hurt you. I'll make sure of that. And the other wolf was friendly, remember?" reassures Samantha quietly.
"And yet "that fox" is now in hospital while you're just fine." Samantha points out. "You can ask whatever you like but I can't guarantee an answer. It is his private medical information after all." In her pocket, she finds a scalpel blade still in its packet, a couple of gloves, a bottle of anti-skunk smell spray, two more plastic bags and a pen. Nothing that would be terribly effective against a raging wolf. If worst came to worst she could spray the wolf in the eyes with the squirty bottle, she supposed.
◊I understand that you're distrusting me due to the confrontation between me and that kit yesterday , and it's a good enough reason to be searching for some self-defense tools , like what you've been doing so far◊ the wolf giggled teasingly ◊But like I said , I'm not here looking for trouble , I was want to know if the kit's Ok, both physically , and mentally◊
Hlaoroo wrote: "Sure. I'll check with him and give you a call sometime tomorrow." Paul walks Christopher and Alice out to the carpark and waves them off before locking the door, switching off the lights and heading back out to the cage room.
"Well. Dinner time, I suppose. I'll give you some beef with marrowbone and liver tonight, Nadia. We need to get plenty of iron and other vitamins and minerals into you so you can get make more blood cells more quickly. No food for you though, sorry, Hutch. You need to have an empty stomach for your anaesthetic tomorrow. Besides, we normally fast pets for a day or so after they have bloating or GDV anyway to let the stomach settle down again." Paul empties another can into a bowl, zapping it briefly in the microwave to take the chill off it, and then fills a cup with water and passes both along with a spoon to the vixen.
"Let me know if that's too cold, Nadia." Paul proceeds to clean up for the night, placing the bowls from the drying rack back in the cupboards, emptying the bins and wiping down the benches.
"Do either of you need the bathroom at all?" he enquires.
"Thanks Mr.Walton , this is just fine , I do need to use the bathroom though"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch put on puppy dog eyes.
Oooh, it's okay. Hutch said in a "woah is me" tone, and with a dramatic sweep of his arm. I'll just sit alone in a cold dark kennel with no food. Hutch sighed and lied on the floor in the most pathetic way he could, in attempts to press on the vets conscious.
Also, my pipes feel pretty clean. Same as my empty, small stomach.
--
Christopher waved goodbye, along with Alice attempting to open a package of peanuts. Roo was, of course, trying to get the package away from the woman.
--
Hutch stopped his whining for a second and voiced his thoughts.
Oreo and the other vet have been gone for awhile. He said in a thoughtful tone.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn gives a small smirk, his large ears having picked up Faust's advice from the kitchen as he passed out the lemonades.
"And 'Oo 'ad ze wateerrr?" he asks, putting some emphasis on the words and attempting to roll his "r"s a little more.

~~~~
Samantha sheepishly pulls her hand out of her pocket, making sure the spray bottle is in easy reach, feeling a little caught-out by the wolf, and realising that she had meant the other/i] kit, not Oreo. "I see you have keen eyes too. Nadia is doing fine. We're keeping her for observation but she'll be fine. Do you wish me to give her a message?"

~~~~
Paul doesn't fall for it having seen the same routine many times before. Instead he turns it around on Hutch. He smiles sweetly at the dog. "Good. That's exactly as it should be and exactly what I want you to do. And you'll hardly be alone with Nadia and Oreo both here overnight."
Paul helps Nadia sit up again, making sure her blood pressure is stable, and then wheels her in her chair out to the bathroom, helping her sit on the toilet and then waiting outside as he'd done earlier, before helping Nadia wash her paws and returning her to her cage, passing her her food again, once she's done. Washing his hands, he returns to the cages in time to hear Hutch's last statement.
"They have, haven't they. I'd guess either Oreo's glands were fuller than we thought or he's having stage fright. I'm sure they'll be fine."

~~~~
"That's true... So... have you lived in Richmond Acres for long, Kandi?" asks Joan, suddenly realising that she knows almost nothing about the other woman.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Samantha sheepishly pulls her hand out of her pocket, making sure the spray bottle is in easy reach, feeling a little caught-out by the wolf, and realising that she had meant the other/i] kit, not Oreo. "I see you have keen eyes too. Nadia is doing fine. We're keeping her for observation but she'll be fine. Do you wish me to give her a message?"

◊No thank you , that would probably cause that kit to go all work up about going after me again , pretty bad for her health , I'm sure you would agree , especially since I have a reason to believe that her mental side be......weakened a bit , after what happened yesterday , are you sure she's fine , no sign of mental problems at all ?◊
Hlaoroo wrote: Paul doesn't fall for it having seen the same routine many times before. Instead he turns it around on Hutch. He smiles sweetly at the dog. "Good. That's exactly as it should be and exactly what I want you to do. And you'll hardly be alone with Nadia and Oreo both here overnight."
Paul helps Nadia sit up again, making sure her blood pressure is stable, and then wheels her in her chair out to the bathroom, helping her sit on the toilet and then waiting outside as he'd done earlier, before helping Nadia wash her paws and returning her to her cage, passing her her food again, once she's done. Washing his hands, he returns to the cages in time to hear Hutch's last statement.
"They have, haven't they. I'd guess either Oreo's glands were fuller than we thought or he's having stage fright. I'm sure they'll be fine."

"unless Oreo decided to-*cough* never mind"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Run? With that leash around his neck? No, that can't be it. He might just be having fun spraying stuff. Hutch placed his chin atop his arm.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think it's some sort of tunnel," Potato said, looking down at the near pitch black tunnel. "Not that it's easy to tell. I can hear water somewhere."
"Well," Kilo said, "we can't wander around in the dark. Give me a moment." By rubbing two twigs together, Kilo soon had the small pile of leaves alight and he looked at the larger mouse in the yellow light with a forced smile on his face. "See if you can find a few sticks will you? A couple to burn and one for me to lean on?"
"You're injured?
"No, Kilo gasped, "it's just my imagination." He grinned as Potato found a handful of twigs. "Banged my hip somewhat on the way down," Kilo added, lighting his stick in the fire. "Let's go while the fire burns," he added, holding his stick in one hand and using the other stick under his other arm to walk. "We'll go that way," he continued. "Towards the house. There may be a way up there."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As time passed and Leslie lost money, the cat felt himself getting drowsier and drowsier as he sat next to Leroy until he eventually dozed off against the human, purring quietly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Chip continued to watch over her sleeping 'Big', occasionally taking naps herself.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:As time passed and Leslie lost money, the cat felt himself getting drowsier and drowsier as he sat next to Leroy until he eventually dozed off against the human, purring quietly.
Leroy was just about to roll before he felt the cat lean on his side. He looked down at him as he started to purr.

"Hm, seems someone's ready for sleep.." He mentioned as he put down the dice and picked up Leslie. "Come on, let's get you to bed eh?" He carefully stood up, still holding onto Leslie. Once stood, he shifts his arms into a better position for carrying and then sets off for the bedroom..

(Ooc: [T-T] Sorry about not responding.. )
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: Samantha sheepishly pulls her hand out of her pocket, making sure the spray bottle is in easy reach, feeling a little caught-out by the wolf, and realising that she had meant the other/i] kit, not Oreo. "I see you have keen eyes too. Nadia is doing fine. We're keeping her for observation but she'll be fine. Do you wish me to give her a message?"

◊No thank you , that would probably cause that kit to go all work up about going after me again , pretty bad for her health , I'm sure you would agree , especially since I have a reason to believe that her mental side be......weakened a bit , after what happened yesterday , are you sure she's fine , no sign of mental problems at all ?◊

That is'n correct, Ma'am.Oreo tells Samantha.
She seems to have a lot of rage hidden inside of her, an she is just playing at being a pet. She nearly bent the bars of the cage trying to get at me, when i said she was domesticated.. I fear she would try to hurt me, again. for telling you about that.

Hlaoroo wrote: "That's true... So... have you lived in Richmond Acres for long, Kandi?" asks Joan, suddenly realising that she knows almost nothing about the other woman.

I am born and raised here. So where do you hail from?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sure they're fine. Samantha knows how to handle herself." assures Paul, hiding his own doubts for the sake of the pets.

~~~~
"She seems fine to me. It's true she's showing signs of frustration but that's commonly exhibited by locked-up pets and wild animals who've been caged. She's arguing too, which for her seems to be a good sign. But what reason do you have to suspect she may be mentally compromised, Mrs. Wolf?"

~~~~
"Oh, I'm from Melbourne originally. I've always been a city girl. John is from a farm out in the middle of Victoria. I met him at university in Melbourne - we were both in the same computer science classes but we ended up taking slightly different paths. Funnily enough we both ended up working for the same company in Ballarat - he was in tech support and customer service and I was in software development so we became house-mates and then sweethearts and then John bought Flynn as a surprise and tied a diamond ring to his collar before he gave him to me. So that was how we ended up together. I know it sounds clichéd but it was like it was meant to be. You couldn't have written it any better. So how did you get into veterinary work? I guess you must like animals, huh?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: That is'n correct, Ma'am.Oreo tells Samantha.
She seems to have a lot of rage hidden inside of her, an she is just playing at being a pet. She nearly bent the bars of the cage trying to get at me, when i said she was domesticated.. I fear she would try to hurt me, again. for telling you about that.
◊I see , I see , thank you little one◊
Hlaoroo wrote: "She seems fine to me. It's true she's showing signs of frustration but that's commonly exhibited by locked-up pets and wild animals who've been caged. She's arguing too, which for her seems to be a good sign. But what reason do you have to suspect she may be mentally compromised, Mrs. Wolf?"
◊yes , that is actually true , especially to certain ferals like our little fox in there . So it seems she's doing fine enough , which is interesting , strange , but interesting. Unfortunately , Mrs.Walton , since my reason for suspecting that is not a scientific one , I don't think telling you would be convincing enough.◊ the wolf answered casually , seemingly half joking , half serious ◊So , Mrs.Walton , would you mind if I ask how long before she's allowed to leave ?◊
Hlaoroo wrote: "I'm sure they're fine. Samantha knows how to handle herself." assures Paul, hiding his own doubts for the sake of the pets.
"It's Oreo I'm worrying about though...."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: "She seems fine to me. It's true she's showing signs of frustration but that's commonly exhibited by locked-up pets and wild animals who've been caged. She's arguing too, which for her seems to be a good sign. But what reason do you have to suspect she may be mentally compromised, Mrs. Wolf?"
◊yes , that is actually true , especially to certain ferals like our little fox in there . So it seems she's doing fine enough , which is interesting , strange , but interesting. Unfortunately , Mrs.Walton , since my reason for suspecting that is not a scientific one , I don't think telling you would be convincing enough.◊ the wolf answered casually , seemingly half joking , half serious ◊So , Mrs.Walton , would you mind if I ask how long before she's allowed to leave ?◊

Miss Samantha why don't you let this wolf come talk to the fox, while she is still safely restrained in the cage an cant hurt anyone?
I can scent this wolf on Nadia's claws now..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, I'm from Melbourne originally. I've always been a city girl. John is from a farm out in the middle of Victoria. I met him at university in Melbourne - we were both in the same computer science classes but we ended up taking slightly different paths. Funnily enough we both ended up working for the same company in Ballarat - he was in tech support and customer service and I was in software development so we became house-mates and then sweethearts and then John bought Flynn as a surprise and tied a diamond ring to his collar before he gave him to me. So that was how we ended up together. I know it sounds clichéd but it was like it was meant to be. You couldn't have written it any better. So how did you get into veterinary work? I guess you must like animals, huh?"
It was more because my family owns a large ranch, and needed someone who would work cheep, :roll: to care for all the cattle, horses, sheep, Llamas and working dogs that they have on it.
As well as building the livestock care an treatment barn that me and Senka live in now.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury raised his hand a bit and wiggled his fingers, "I called for water." He purred
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well. Maybe you can take a quick peek? Just to make sure they're okay? Hutch asked. He, too was worried about Oreo.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I asked for some lemonade." Pyre said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As the two humans talked, Senka strayed from Kandi's side to explore the interior of the house. A spew of new scents wafted into the lioness's nose, but most were dampened by the delicious smell of whatever was in the kitchen. Speaking of which, Senka found herself gravitating to the foody smell to see what exactly it was.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

Stryder chuckles at Flynn's accent and accepts the lemonade with a small smile. "Thank you."
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Faust begins to make a mango shake for Flynn. He also prepares some Boba pearls and starts to sing.

"♪Alouette, gentille alouette♪
♪Alouette, je te plumerai♪
♪Aloutette, gentille alouette♪
♪Alouette, je te plumerai♪"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It was strange, Chip thought as she watched over Elliot, how fast things change. This morning she'd been living in a hole in the ground with the dribble of a punctured water line providing much of what she'd needed to survive and, now, she was here. In a warm bed, with two best friends (one possibly more than that), other friends and a lot of comfort. Life was good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
They didn't know quite how far they travelled under the flickering twiglights, looking around at the uneven surface of the tunnel they'd found themselves in but one thing was fragrantly evident and that was that the twigs weren't going to last to the end of the tunnel. "How do we know this is the way to the house?” Potato asked when they came to an open space.

Kilo had to sit. All this walking wasn't doing his hip any good, he was certain and he didn't want to tell Potato that they were, quite possibly, totally lost. "It's simple,” he bluffed, "a tunnel can only have two ends, can't it?” Potato nodded. "Well, if we keep going one way we're bound to run into the end of the tunnel sooner or later, aren't we? And Humans never build caves they can't get out of. Now, we should keep moving that way,” he added, pointing.
"Why?
"The flames are... OK,” he added as potato yelped and dropped his twig as the flames burnt his fingers, "MY flame is flickering. Means there's a breeze. But this isn't going to last forever either.” He sighed. "Time to burn my crutch and let you go on alone.
"No, I don't... I know, I'm useless but...Hang on.” As Kilo lit his walking apparatus, Potato pulled something he'd seen from behind a rock. It was heavy but manageable and Potato pulled it over to kilo, putting the smaller mouse's arm through the handy loop so he could just about stand tall in the light.

Kilo tried to move it. It was heavy, indeed, but it was so much stronger than the twig he handed to Potato. He looked at the thing in the dim, yellow, light. "Huh,” he said, "a key. Humans use them to lock things in. let's see if we can use it to let ourselves out, eh?” He led the way towards the source of the breeze and, with the last twig on it's last safe millimetres, they came to a dead end with a ladder attached to the wall.
"Well, we can't use that,” Kilo complained as, in a fit of temper, Potato kicked out at a brick set into the base of the wall. It moved backwards slightly with a click. "Do that again?
"I can't,” Potato claimed, hopping on one foot.
"If this works, he advised, "and we can get up there be silent. The last thing we want is to attract attention." Kilo took Potato's place and pushed hard with the key as the light died. This time there were two clicks...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"She'll be allowed to leave when we judge her to be ready. It may be tomorrow, it may be the day after. It certainly won't be any time tonight. As to your reasons not be convincing, try me. If you know anything which may help her, or help us help her, we need to know."

~~~~
"Oreo will be fine if he's with Samantha. But if it'll make you both happy I'll go and look for them. I just hope I don't surprise them and get sprayed." Paul makes sure the cages are locked securely and then heads out the door.

~~~~
Having finished handing out the drinks, Flynn sets the tray out of the way on a sideboard and seats himself at the table again to await his drink.

~~~~
"Ah, family. You gotta love 'em, hey? Do you have any siblings or is it just you?" Joan lens forward to put her empty cup on the coffee table and is stunned when the table along with the rug it was standing on suddenly vanishes with a crash into a gaping hole in the floor. She also surprised to see two equally shocked mice standing by the wreckage of the table under the foot of a ladder.
"Chip? H-how did you get down there? W-what just happened?" she asks, incredulously addressing the mouse she thinks looks similar to the one she'd met earlier.

~~~~
John had come down from his study again to check on the meat and rotate the vegetables. Shutting the door to the oven again, he turns to see Senka entering the kitchen. Placing the tongs on a plate on the bench, he greets the lioness
"Oh, hi, Senka. Following your nose, hey? You just wait 'till you try my lamb. Joan says it tastes even better than it smells!" His head jerks in the direction of the loud crash emanating from the lounge room. Pushing past the big cat, he sprints for the room.
"Joan! Are you all ri-oahooaaahhh!" he teeters on the edge of the hole, arms windmilling. Dropping her cup, Joan jumps up and grabs her husband, pulling him to safety, knowing that he'd end up looking like the table if he fell down the hole too. The cup, unfortunately, shatters on the ground, but that can be replaced and it's currently the least of the Porter's worries.
"Wooh! Thanks honey. What happened? Are you both OK?"
"We're fine. I think it had something to do with those two." Joan points into the hole at the two mice. John peers down the hole at the two tiny figures.
"Are you two OK?" he calls.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot starts to snore and squirm in his bed.

==========

Faust prances along while continuing with finishing the drink.
My Personas

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As he pushed the switch in, the last thing Kilo expected to happen was for the ceiling to fall in. Oh, he'd expected the roof to open alright, he just hadn't expected it to have furniture placed on it. A whoosh of movement and he found himself buffeted by a falling rug that shooed him against the wall as a whole pile of wood made a sound reminiscent of an earthquake all around him. He opened an eye. "Potato?" He asked.
"Y...y...yes, k...kilo?" The junior stammered.
"I might be wrong but I..." He swallowed down his nerves and tried to slow his heart. "I think we just lost the element of secrecy."
Hlaoroo wrote:She also surprised to see two equally shocked mice standing by the wreckage of the table under the foot of a ladder.
"Chip? H-how did you get down there? W-what just happened?" she asks, incredulously addressing the mouse she thinks looks similar to the one she'd met earlier.
Potato looked up at the Human... was it a female? Looking down at him. "Um, I'm Potato, Ma'am. Chip was my sister. I lost her some time ago." He turned to Kilo. "I'm going to try climbing this leg thing and see if i can up it."
"Right," Kilo said, before looking back up at the Ladies. "Potato isn't the sharpest tin tack in the box but, give him a minute and he'll figure out what you said, ma'am."
Hlaoroo wrote:John had come down from his study again to check on the meat and rotate the vegetables. Shutting the door to the oven again, he turns to see Senka entering the kitchen. Placing the tongs on a plate on the bench, he greets the lioness
"Oh, hi, Senka. Following your nose, hey? You just wait 'till you try my lamb. Joan says it tastes even better than it smells!" His head jerks in the direction of the loud crash emanating from the lounge room. Pushing past the big cat, he sprints for the room.
"Joan! Are you all ri-oahooaaahhh!" he teeters on the edge of the hole, arms windmilling. Dropping her cup, Joan jumps up and grabs her husband, pulling him to safety, knowing that he'd end up looking like the table if he fell down the hole too. The cup, unfortunately, shatters on the ground, but that can be replaced and it's currently the least of the Porter's worries.
"We're fine. I think it had something to do with those two." Joan points into the hole at the two mice. John peers down the hole at the two tiny figures.
"Are you two OK?"
"Well, I'm not sure of my hip," Kilo joked, "but, at my age I have no right to complain"
"Hang on..."
"He's getting it." Kilo swallowed down his nerves again. "but we are rather trapped down here so any help in getting up..."
"she's met my sister???"
"...would be appreciated."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some way away, Chip tried singing a gentle lullaby to keep Elliot asleep.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"She'll be allowed to leave when we judge her to be ready. It may be tomorrow, it may be the day after. It certainly won't be any time tonight. As to your reasons not be convincing, try me. If you know anything which may help her, or help us help her, we need to know."
Oreo tugs and pulls at the collar, trying to drag it off over his head. errrf!
I still don't see why you just don't take the wolf in and get this all settled, while you have Nadia in a controllable area..
Oreo states while still hiding behind the she vet.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah, family. You gotta love 'em, hey? Do you have any siblings or is it just you?"

Would you believe Seven? 4 boys older, and a brother and sister younger.
Hlaoroo wrote:Joan lens forward to put her empty cup on the coffee table and is stunned when the table along with the rug it was standing on suddenly vanishes with a crash into a gaping hole in the floor. She also surprised to see two equally shocked mice standing by the wreckage of the table under the foot of a ladder.

Kandi blinks in surprize at the sudden floor quake, opening up into a wooden sinkhole. Peering down into the hole.
Holy.. @#$$%%. She is a tomboy after all. :oops:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Joan! Are you all ri-oahooaaahhh!" he teeters on the edge of the hole, arms windmilling. Dropping her cup, Joan jumps up and grabs her husband, pulling him to safety, knowing that he'd end up looking like the table if he fell down the hole too. The cup, unfortunately, shatters on the ground, but that can be replaced and it's currently the least of the Porter's worries.
"Are you two OK?" he calls.

Kandi lays down an creeps to the edge of the hole.
Could be carpenter ants or termites, which the mice are feeding on. or perhaps the mice themselves have been chewing on the support beams and wires of the house. Either way, going to need to call an exterminator to get rid of the pests, and a contractor to see how badly the house is compromised. Did you have a home inspection before you bought the house?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote: Kandi lays down an creeps to the edge of the hole.
Could be carpenter ants or termites, which the mice are feeding on. or perhaps the mice themselves have been chewing on the support beams and wires of the house. Either way, going to need to call an exterminator to get rid of the pests, and a contractor to see how badly the house is compromised. Did you have a home inspection before you bought the house?
"It...it's got nothing to do with that, ma'am, and... and we're quite alone down here." Kilo replied anxiously, wringing his hands around the key that he now had in front of him. "Depressingly alone, in fact. We merely kicked a hidden switch, we think."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "It...it's got nothing to do with that, ma'am, and... and we're quite alone down here." Kilo replied anxiously, wringing his hands around the key that he now had in front of him. "Depressingly alone, in fact. We merely kicked a hidden switch, we think."

You saying that it's a trap door? that fell in?
Kandi reaches over an picks up the wooden bowl that was once holding plastic display fruit on the table..
She lowers the bowl down into the hole.
climb in, an i'll get you out of the hole. Also i'd stay in the bowl once you get up here, you don't want to cat to chase you now.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. Right. Your sister. Of course. I though you looked like her."
"There's a ladder there, Kandi. I think that part of the floor was meant to open. I reckon the mice are telling the truth. I don't reckon you'll reach with the bowl though. It looks far too deep for that. I'll come down and help you guys out." offers John. "I hope they're not carrying any diseases..." he mutters to Joan. Looking down at the wreckage, John has a sudden thought. "I'd better grab some shoes first though. I'll be right back." He disappears into the hallway and reappears a minute later wearing his shoes, carrying the pet first aid kit and wearing a pair of rubber gloves. Setting the first-aid kit on the floor, he carefully lowers himself onto the ladder and climbs down to the bottom of the hole.
"What a mess! At least that table was cheap." John looks back up the ladder, wondering how he's going to climb with a pair of mice in his hand and quickly realises that he's not.
"I'm going to have to put you guys in my pocket, otherwise I won't be able to climb the ladder." He slowly reaches for the mice, careful not to startle them into running, and then, picking them up gently, slips them into his shirt pocket.
"Comfortable?" Heaving himself up the ladder and out onto the floor, John recalls what the two mice said earlier.
"D'you want to take a look at this one, Kandi? He said he's injured. There's gloves and bandages and everything in the kit. We keep it well-stocked. You've met Flynn so I think you know why." John carefully removes the older mouse from his pocket, offering it to the vet with a wry smile about his last comment.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The pocket seems a comfortable thing, young sir. Stop fidgeting, Potato!"
"Th...they've g...got a cat..."
"Yes, but they're hardly likely to rescue us just so 'Tiddles' can take a bit, are they? Don't worry." He waved his key towards Kandi as he was handed over. "I don't wish to put you to any trouble, my dear," He winced. Injuries can't be helped at my age."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Oreo tugs and pulls at the collar, trying to drag it off over his head. errrf!
I still don't see why you just don't take the wolf in and get this all settled, while you have Nadia in a controllable area..
Oreo states while still hiding behind the she vet.
◊tempting , but kind of a bad idea little one , you see , should your fox friend sees me now , those cages wouldn't be able to keep her in there for long , and I wish I was joking about that , beside , she would be stressed out , and that's bad , you wouldn't want anything bad for your friend now would you?◊
Hlaoroo wrote:"She'll be allowed to leave when we judge her to be ready. It may be tomorrow, it may be the day after. It certainly won't be any time tonight. As to your reasons not be convincing, try me. If you know anything which may help her, or help us help her, we need to know."
◊Might be the day after....hm.....might be a little bit hard on the schedule....don't have much time left◊ The wolf pondered , seemingly being serious for the first time ever since they met ,but that didn't last long before a smile return on her muzzle
◊ah well , I suppose that is for the best . Wouldn't want the kit to be less-than-healthy either way . Anyway , for my reason , this is as much as I can tell you , sorry about that , but some time between our confrontation and today , that kit did something , that something is pretty bad , and earlier today I got information from a reliable source that she might have some sign of a certain mental problem . Fortunately it appears that it is not as serious as I was afraid , from what you've been telling me . I'm sure you're the best around , and that the kit is fine in your care , but if you can , try not to tell her anything about seeing me around , that's all I can offer .◊
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: ◊tempting , but kind of a bad idea little one , you see , should your fox friend sees me now , those cages wouldn't be able to keep her in there for long , and I wish I was joking about that , beside , she would be stressed out , and that's bad , you wouldn't want anything bad for your friend now would you?◊

But is'n she going to freak out anyways when she smells your scent on us? An we tell her about the lurking wolf outside??
serence ice fox wrote:◊Might be the day after....hm.....might be a little bit hard on the schedule....don't have much time left◊ The wolf pondered , seemingly being serious for the first time ever since they met ,but that didn't last long before a smile return on her muzzle

Why is there not much time left, time to do what?
Just explain everything to us, makes things much eaiser, when you don't have to keep looking for what there not telling you.
Looking over at the vet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The pocket seems a comfortable thing, young sir. Stop fidgeting, Potato!"
"Th...they've g...got a cat..."
"Yes, but they're hardly likely to rescue us just so 'Tiddles' can take a bit, are they? Don't worry." He waved his key towards Kandi as he was handed over. "I don't wish to put you to any trouble, my dear," He winced. Injuries can't be helped at my age."

Well a puma actually.
Kandi takes the mouse. running a finger over his back an rump. moving one leg, then the other.
How does that feel? can you walk on it? can't really tell how if or how badly your hurt without an x-ray. So your going to have to tell me what you feel is going on.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:
Well a puma actually.
Kandi takes the mouse. running a finger over his back an rump. moving one leg, then the other.
How does that feel? can you walk on it? can't really tell how if or how badly your hurt without an x-ray. So your going to have to tell me what you feel is going on.
"A Pu...Puma's worse" Kilo grinned. "Read about them in books." He gasped as Kandi toched the left side of his hip. "Yes," he agreed, "that's rather like a red hot poker indeed. It shouldn't surprise me if it was broke or fractured." He smirked against the pain. "It's been...ow... that sort of day.I've... ach... been able to walk with this key for a stick."
Potato took the moment to take a look around. "Uh, sorry about the table thing."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "A Pu...Puma's worse" Kilo grinned. "Read about them in books." He gasped as Kandi toched the left side of his hip. "Yes," he agreed, "that's rather like a red hot poker indeed. It shouldn't surprise me if it was broke or fractured." He smirked against the pain. "It's been...ow... that sort of day.I've... ach... been able to walk with this key for a stick."

I don't feel anything moving around, my guess is a fracture, or just a bone bruise.
I think you'll be fine as long as you can still get along
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote: I don't feel anything moving around, my guess is a fracture, or just a bone bruise.
"We made a mess, didn't we?" Potato asked. "You...you're not going to e...eat us, are you?"
"Quiet d...down Potato." Kilo advised, jabbing the keycrutch at Potato. "And thank you, my dear," he said to Kandi. ""I tell them not all humans are...ow...bad but too many listen to Scratch..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Keeshah wrote: I don't feel anything moving around, my guess is a fracture, or just a bone bruise.
"We made a mess, didn't we?" Potato asked. "You...you're not going to e...eat us, are you?"
"Quiet d...down Potato." Kilo advised, jabbing the keycrutch at Potato. "And thank you, my dear," he said to Kandi. ""I tell them not all humans are...ow...bad but too many listen to Scratch..."
I'm glad that you can still move around.. other wise you would have to live out your life in a cage, in a nice warm house, with food, treats, and water being brought to you, in your bed of cedar chips.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote: I'm glad that you can still move around.. other wise you would have to live out your life in a cage, in a nice warm house, with food, treats, and water being brought to you, in your bed of cedar chips.
"Oh, that does sound MOST agreeable, young lady," Kilo agreed with a sigh, "but I do have some people waiting for me and I...Ow...should try to get...to them..." He tried to move and winced, "...as soon as I can," he added.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie