Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

44R0NM10 wrote:Blood Gulch is amazing, although I enjoyed Valhalla just as much if I'm honest. I found it to be a good spiritual successor, you know?It wasn't that bed really, not as big a fan on it, but hey, it's okay.

I need to ask, Wolverine, what makes you think that? I thought forge made it the greatest console FPS in terms of custom games because of that.
I say that because it leads to SO MANY people were just bad at making the maps, a lot of them didn't flow well and a lot of them were set up with the idea of just well, screwing over other players, making everything one sided, maybe it was fixed in Halo 4, but I never bothered using it after getting bored of it in Halo 3& Reach
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Terraria updated today! I'm so excited. I can't wait to start playing!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Grey Wolverine wrote: I say that because it leads to SO MANY people were just bad at making the maps, a lot of them didn't flow well and a lot of them were set up with the idea of just well, screwing over other players, making everything one sided, maybe it was fixed in Halo 4, but I never bothered using it after getting bored of it in Halo 3& Reach
I think you're right really, about the 1-sided-ness. Just, when you allow for everyone to make maps, 95% of them will be terrible and that's just a given, heh. Those 5% of amazing ones make it all worth it in my opinion though.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Even better is if you make the map, then you get the satisfaction of people enjoying it. :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Your complaining about the file share.
Basic Forge, with just you and your friends can be fun, as long as your friends aren't idiots.
In halo 3, the map with the big windmill in the center, I turned into a construction zone, where there are boxes and forklifts on the beach.
Halo is cool, but you have your own opinions.

I actually started reading Halo the Fall of Reach just recently, and it is AWESOME.
But, there are thing in it that should be added to the game.
Master Chief can break an ODST's bones with one punch. I think, Halo should allow you to switch to just your fists, so chief can just reign death and destruction
on everyone!
Energy Swords? Gravity Hammers? How about MAH FIST! *Obliterates enemy*

But, I do think the books should be turned into games.
Playing as 6 year old John on the playground, meeting the other A.I's.
It would be such an awesome game!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

He does punch if you have the Plasma Pistol equipped, but that's about all the punching you can do. Still fun to do though. And surely the other melee attacks with swords and rockets would be an instant kill coming from someone with an enhanced strength armor exoskeleton and steroids?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Heavily considering this for the future, but I wonder if a PS4 would be a good substitute for a computer when it dies when all i do is play games and post at forums? =P

Oh, and Twitter and Facebook. can't forget them. <_< >_>

This is just something that's been weighing on my mind lately since I realize there's no need for a new PC at this point, but i don't want to risk buying another console unless it can do pretty much what i always do: play games, chat and read Housepets. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I think it may replace some things but then PC has so much more freedom to do whatever you wish. I doubt PS4 allows you to use things like Microsoft office that are necessary for work nowadays. Or store files. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Plus, a PC doesn't require you to subscribe to use the internet.
Of course you need security, which costs some, but you can still use the internet.
Almost every other console game can be played on a PC, plus PC's are faster.

If you want a PS4, I say go for it. In fact, I'm probably going to migrate from Xbox to Playstation once the PS4 comes out.
Xbox just killed themselves with the Xbox One. Its just an Xbox 360 with a better kinect, and the ability to watch t.v.
If I can pay $50 bucks a year to play online, I'm fine. $10 bucks a month, 12 months, $120 a year! screw that.
I'm just gonna miss not being able to play Halo. Oh well, Destiny is calling!

You know what, just go ahead and get a PS4.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah the XBox is going to die for sure because of that... And that's all you pay? Over here it's £40 a month (~$80) :?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Playstation networking is free as well. =P

Though if they start changing that soon... *Shakes fist*
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

It's about time Playstation is finally getting the recognition it deserves. That's why I feel Nintendo and PS are gonna outlast the Xbox. Then again, PC is gonna outlast them all soon enough! :lol:
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, maybe if the fans say something about it, then it can change,
but the PS4 is going to require a yearly subscription of $50.
But, Xbox just released a plan for $5 a month for 12 months.
But, you have to pay it all in one go. $60 a year.
I still would get a PS4.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I second the Playstation 4 choice than the Xbox One, looks like Sony it's doing a very good work with wise choices. Microsoft instead is failing with their declarations and turnabouts, to don't speak of the forced and paid Kinect 2.0 inclusion. Technically both the consoles are similar, also if the Playstation 4 has a little superior hardware, and maybe at the daily using there won't be noticed differences, the experience with both will result similar. What's badder is reading of only HD screen resolution and 30 fps for some of the next-gen console games...
Firenze wrote:It's about time Playstation is finally getting the recognition it deserves. That's why I feel Nintendo and PS are gonna outlast the Xbox. Then again, PC is gonna outlast them all soon enough! :lol:
Sony and Nintendo really made the videogames history creating games icons and making great consoles. Microsoft is mostly commercial following them, now...
However, for me the PC wins in any way, it's the best gaming platform for many reasons. I've always been a PC gamer. Despite I haven't got experiences with consoles, I feel pretty sure of what I'm saying by reading news, reviews and people's feedbacks about them.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think PC's are awesome, too. But, I've only got one laptop working in a house with 6 people.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

PCs are where I go to play FPS games since I need a mouse to play them. =P
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I was a console gamer from early childhood through college. When I actually started working, I lost the spare time for video games. x3 I ended up buying a (red) Wii a few years ago. I'll probably go with an Xbox One, if I got a console.

As far as PC gaming, I assembled a new computer in July that's got decent specifications and I've been getting back into gaming. Much to the disappointment of some of my friends, I use gamepads/controllers a lot, even for first-person shooters. I've been working on my mouse and keyboard skills, though!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was a console gamer for the longest time too, occasionally picking up a PC game if it's a series I really liked (Starcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc.) Now that consoles are increasingly becoming glorified PCs, I'm buying much more PC games and much fewer console games, and the good old mainstay Nintendo is where I buy most of my console games. Some things never change. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Firenze wrote:It's about time Playstation is finally getting the recognition it deserves. That's why I feel Nintendo and PS are gonna outlast the Xbox. Then again, PC is gonna outlast them all soon enough! :lol:
When the first PlayStation came out it was unmatched, and everyone knew it. This is just a resurgence.
The WiiU is cool but just like the PS3 at launch IT HAS NO GAMES.
Last edited by Mickey the Luxray on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Many of them are remakes of old games ready for download from the E-shop but there's not even that many of them.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Well, crud. Guess it is true. $50 a year for Playstation network on the PS4. I know it's business, but still sucks for me. =(

I guess at this rate I should really start thinking of ways to improve my budget at this rate, or just stick to PC with everyone and live off all of my console games leading up to PS3 =P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe they'll have a payment plan. $50 is cheap when you look at xbox. I would get a PS4 because I don't think java can stay up much longer.
And almost EVERYTHING runs on java.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Decided to go on a good old SNES RPG spree for good old nostalgia reasons for awhile. Good times and memories. Current list of games:

Drakkhen
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (Currently started today. Level 20!)
7th Saga
Super Mario RPG
Robotech :D

more mightbe added later. Already beat Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy II and III (SNES names) and Breath of Fire 2.

Incase you are also wondering ~ The reason i'm playing these games again is because it feels good to actually own the games than renting them every weekend. And I miss these old, cliché RPG ideas of old modern gaming. Mwahaha.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I went back and played SMRPG when Psykeout got it for me for Christmas. Funtimes with old RPGs. :3

On the same topic I'm playing FFVII for the first time now that it's on Steam. It's a good one!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

FFVII was the first Final Fantasy I ever bought, ironically. And I played it non-stop until I got everything. Loved every minute of it. <3
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

I finally played FFVII for the first time not too long ago as well because a buddy gifted it to me on steam. I really did enjoy the game a lot, had lots of fun until I got to the final boss battle. *shudders*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm working on Legend of Zelda: Skyward sword.
I'm at the final boss, and he is waiting on me to fight him.
I'm working on making a couple guardian+ potions.
Going in Garaa style.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I really did like Halo 4!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Bahaha
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Yay! Pokémon Y arrived today (it's my first Pokémon-game since 1998 :D).
I have to say it's pretty funny! ;) (go Fennekin! :) )
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Gotta catch all 700-or-so of em all! :lol:
For your sake I hope they have 50 boxes of 30. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gah, you Europeans getting it before me. I've still gotta get it tomorrow. :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

All of this talk about Pokémon X/Y is making me slightly consider getting a 3DS for Pokémon alone. =P

Beat Lufia, now moving onto Drakkhen ~ The world ruled by Half Human Half Dragon people! Rawr!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sooooooooo, what do you guys think of the new Pokeymans games?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sooooooooo, what do you guys think of the new Pokeymans games?
It's amazing! I love it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm a little annoyed at some of the mechanics that have been present in all of the previous games, but I'll just have to deal with 'em like people have for the last 15 years =P

I played all night yesterday instead of doing homework, luckily I was able to keep myself from doing that today.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

I've been playing Tales of Innocence(DS), Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X(PSP), Tales of Xillia(PS3), Tales of Graces F(PS3) and Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3(PSP). Not that really anybody cares. 3/5 of these weren't released out of Japan.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sooooooooo, what do you guys think of the new Pokeymans games?
After a twelve year long pokémon-abstinence I have to say: I really enjoy this game! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's so good. It's exceeded my expectations in virtually every way. It's just so freaking polished. So many features, so much to see, so much to do... *explodes*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Discussing illegal activity is a violation of the forum rules. This includes emulating video games. Thank you!