Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ChewyChewy

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vanilla was almost ready to call it a night when Honey knocked on her door.

Vanilla opened it and Honey had a slight smile on her face--just a shy one.

"My first is a lie
And my second a father.
My whole is a French slip
That's always a bother."

Vanilla rolled her eyes. "Faux pas."

Honey grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, not my best. You're better at it than I am."

Vanilla nods. "I appreciate what you were trying to do."

Honey's smile became fuller and more sincere at that, even though Vanilla's expression didn't change any.

"Good night, Vanilla. Maybe tomorrow will be better."

Vanilla didn't respond. She had her doubts, but best not to end the evening on a negative note.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Zander

Post by Zander »

Early the next morning Lucky got out of bed, and walked into the living room where he would spend the rest of the day on the couch watching TV. It was the first few days of living in the new house, lucky, an Alaskan malamute with small tufts of fur on the tips of both ears laid down on the couch.

“Why don’t you go outside and meet some new friends, you know you’re going to have to sooner or later.” said Lucky’s mom as she walked into the living room, turning off the TV as she passed by.

Lucky rolled over on the couch to look out the window at their new neighborhood.
“Aww! Mom do I have too?”

“You have no idea how much your missing out on, it’s great to have friends!”
His mom continued,
“You get to go to parties, play games together, chat and socialize! I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to go out there.”

Lucky never took a liking to other dogs, let alone cats. They always seemed to be hiding stuff, or just seemed nervous around him.
His mom left the room and lucky turned the TV back on.
“Id rather stay inside and be bored.”

Note: i thought this would be a good time to introduce the new character since you just ended the last day.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Monty sat watching his owner dig a hole in the backyard. "Why are you digging again?" he said with an air of skepticism. With that Mr. Blanque turned and wiped the sweat off of his brow. "Gotta make room for the Peach tree mate. You know you could help..." Mr. Blanque said with exasperation. Monty looked at his hands for a moment before looking his owner "But dad... I cant use a shovel" Monty exclaimed with a hint of confusion.

After rubbing his brow in his hands, Mr. Blanque gestured towards the kitchen door. "Why don't you play inside Monty... or go for a stroll and meet some of the other neighborhood pets" said Mr. Blanque with the last of his patience. With that, Monty walked out into the suburb, the dingo smirking as he trotted along. "This beats manual labor anyday"
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
Zander

Post by Zander »

After watching the TV a little more Lucky noticed something out of the corner of his eye, he turned his head to look out the window, and he noticed a average sized dog with a white chest and light orange-ish colored fur walking down the street.

“Oh, great! Neighbor dogs!” said Lucky sarcastically.
“I bet my mom’s going to invite him to play. Heh, that would just be my luck.” He said with a slight snicker at the end.

He then heard the door open.
“Hey! You look like a nice play mate for my dog, he’s really shy and I’m afraid if he doesn’t get out and meet some of you that he’ll go insane. Come on inside if you want too, he’s just playing the ps3.” Lucky’s mom screemed to the dog out the door.

Lucky buried his face in his paws.
“uuuuuuuhhhgg! Why me?!”

-Robert Louis Stevenson
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Monty paused and flinched at the screaming woman, afraid someone was going to blame him for a lost baby, but as she went on to describe her request, he found himself playfully bounding to the house, promises of playmates and PS3's filling his mind.

As he walked into the house, he approached the other dog, pausing only a moment before giving a toothy-grin. "Hi... I'm Monty" he said waving his paw.
... biscuit?...really?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Um... hey? My names Lucky.
Montey sat down beside Lucky on the couch.
“Have you ever played call of duty modern warfare 2? My brother gave it to me… before he passed on.
It was silent for a few seconds. Lucky then got up and grabbed an old PS3 controller from the cabinet beside the TV that his brother used.
“Here, use this.”
Lucky handed Monty the controller
Last edited by Zander on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

Mr. D grinned slyly and tiptoed into Wonder's room. He stood over his sleeping cat and....
"AHHHH!" Wonder screamed as she woke up to water being poured on her. "DAD!!!!" She screamed and began to chase her father out of her room. Saga shifted, but after years of learning to enjoy sleep when you got it, she didn't wake up. Wonder chased her dad all the way to the kitchen, where she saw her drenched sister sitting at the table and looking miserable as she ate Cheerios (irony!). They looked at each other a burst into laughter. "Dad", she wiped water from her eyes. "You wanna explain why you did that?" Mr. D shrugged. "You know me.... Your mother and I wanted to go see a movie tonight. Are you girls okay with that?" "Course we Dad. Why wouldn't we?" "Yeah and it's not like there's anything special toni-OH MY GOSH!" She covered her mouth as she remembered her date tonight. Her dad looked at her quizzically. "...Kitten....?" Winter had the same confused look and Wonder waved her arms to say 'forget about it'. "Ya know what, nevermind. And yeah Dad I have plans for tonight but you can go ahead cuz it doesn't matter with me. Now if you'll excuse me me and my sister are going for a walk."
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Monty was struck wide eyed with disbelief of how fast the conversation shifted to being depressingly awkward. He picked up the controller and began using his patented "shoot it if it moves" strategy. FPS's were not his forte though, his skills were in fighting games and Jenga... but no one played Jenga anymore. Monty let out a light chuckle as he blew himself up with his own grenade
... biscuit?...really?
Zander

Post by Zander »

The words “Tie!” showed up on the screen as the game ended.
“That was a close battle! But I think if you hadn’t blown yourself up with a grenade you would have won!”
“How about we play another game? I have plenty!”
Lucky started foraging through the pile of cases till he spotted one he hadn’t seen in a while.
“that’s better! “Street fighter IV”, do you like these kind of games? If not I can find my old F.E.A.R game.”

-Robert Louis Stevenson
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

light shon through Awesome's window, perrsuading him to wake up. He got up, half asleep and walked to his Dad, who was doing press ups in the kitchen.
"Good Morning! How has your sleep been?". "It was very good, thank you." Could've been better...louzy matress. Awesome's Dad stood up and passed Awesome a bone. "Awesome...in case you go out today, be on the lookout for my boomerang. You know, it has the sword design on it." "of course." I'm going to make some friends anyway...so it won't be hard looking for this at the same time. Awesome took the bone and wondered back to the cellar. I'll leave later, first I'm blocking the light from coming through that window...
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Monty grinned broadly, "Street Fighter will do..."
Now was Monty's time to shine
... biscuit?...really?
Zander

Post by Zander »

After a thorough beat down, and a few embarrassing defeats, Monty returned victorious.
“Player1: 3 wins”
“Player2: 47 wins”

Lucky’s jaw dropped. No one had ever beaten him in street fighter before.
“Wow! You’re really good! Where did you learn moves like that?!”
Just then, Lucky’s mom passes by the living room and opens the door.
“I’m glad you 2 seem to be having fun together, I’m going to work, I’ll see you 2 later, don’t destroy the house when I’m gone!”
“Okay mom! See you later!”
The door closed

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Zack yawned as he got up. He had spent the rest of yesterday doing some art...And, making Riddles. Why? Well...He needed to apologize in ONE way or another. Anyway, as he yawned, his Mom walked up to him and said, "Hey, Sleepy-head. Hey, can you come outside and help me open the garage door?" He blinked. She was asking HIM? "I guess..." She smiled, and then they both went outside. She used her keys to unlock the garage, and, then, they both lifted the garage door up...To find what looked like a cat with Raccoon markings in their garage.

Drake had managed to sneak into the garage last night, and, had decided to use it to sleep for the night. However, he wasn't really known for getting caught that much, which was why when he opened his eyes, he was somewhat surprised to find a Human Female, and a male Husky staring at him. Sitting up he said, "Um, hello...If you're wondering why I'm here, I can explain...BYE!" With that, he made a mad dash out of the garage, and starting running on the sidewalk. Zack took off after him.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Outside, Wonder sighed through her teeth. "I yelled like because-", she stopped when she saw Zack chasing after a...raccoon? "Zack?!"she called.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

[A RACCAT]

Zack didn't really notice Wonder, for some reason. Turning around, Drake saw that Zack was running after him. Smirking, he said, "Can't catch the Raccat, huh, Doggy boy?" "Racc-WHAT...?" "I'm a Raccoon/cat hybrid." "Really? You didn't just dye your fur in some places?" "Look, I don't chase mice, I don't eat birds, and, I do NOT like yarn...That much. I sleep in garages, I like Shiny things, and, I LOVE cookies." "Well, whatever you are, you can't keep this up for long. "HA! Look who's talking. You look like you're wearing out, yourself."
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Honey woke up to find that her sister wasn't in her room. She asked her dad where Vanilla was, and he said she was out in the yard.

Honey went outside to find Vanilla. She wasn't digging, as most dogs would have. She was just sitting and talking to herself. She didn't see Honey.

"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips' red ;
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
I have seen roses damask, red and white,
But no such roses see I in her cheeks;
And in some perfumes is there more delight
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go;
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground."

"And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare."

Vanilla's ears perked up as she heard her sister finish the sonnet.

"Sonnet #130, right?" said Honey. Vanilla just nodded, as though it were of no consequence.

Honey had learned some of the numbers from Vanilla. The girl memorized EVERYTHING.

Honey just wished that Vanilla could find a friend--or at least someone who'd talk to her without trying to make her angry, like Zappa and Zack had done. Vanilla really wasn't a bad sort at all--just afraid. And they sure weren't doing anything to help her come out of her shell.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

After playing a few more rounds of street fighter, Monty said it was about time for him to leave.
“Ok, I hope we can see each other again sometime!”
“I’m sure we will, maybe tomorrow?”
“Sounds great! See you then.”
Monty walked out the door and down the street.

"Hmm, it doesn’t seem so bad too meet new people, maybe I should take a stroll and see how everyone else in the neighborhood is like.” Thought Lucky.
So he set off walking down the street, but it wasn’t long before a dog chasing a cat ran right past him.
The cat looked like a raccoon, but still had the characteristics of a cat.
“Poor cat must have lost a bet and dyed its hair.” Lucky imagined on what they could have possible bet on to make a cat dye its hair.
But he soon forgot about it and continued walking.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

With a hastened jab to Wonder's side, Winter shushed her sister. "Shhhh! Don't talk to him!! He was one of the mean guys that was mean to Vanilla yesterday!!!!" Wonder held her side and glared. "What? No it was...." she stopped to think. He was yelling at her first......"I guess you're right...I never even saw that...." She shrugged.

Inside the house Mrs. D picked up the phone and the YellowPages. She found the name (Wonder had mentioned it at sometime) and quickly dialed. "Hello? Is this Mr....Cake?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:With a hastened jab to Wonder's side, Winter shushed her sister. "Shhhh! Don't talk to him!! He was one of the mean guys that was mean to Vanilla yesterday!!!!" Wonder held her side and glared. "What? No it was...." she stopped to think. He was yelling at her first......"I guess you're right...I never even saw that...." She shrugged.

Inside the house Mrs. D picked up the phone and the YellowPages. She found the name (Wonder had mentioned it at sometime) and quickly dialed. "Hello? Is this Mr....Cake?"
"Speaking," said Mr. Cake, wondering who in the world was calling him at this hour. But he was never one for being rude. "May I ask who's calling, please?"

He glanced in the yard. His two dogs were still out there, doing whatever. They seemed to be all right.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

As Zack continued running, he noticed Honey and Vanilla a few yards away from him. Once he got close enough, he waved and yelled, "HEYVANILLA, SORRYVANILLA, BYEVANILLA!" Then, he continued chasing after Drake. I'm chasing after a Raccat or whatever he is in broad daylight...[sarcasm]Oh, THIS will improve Vanilla's opinion of me.[/sarcasm] "You know, I suddenly have a strong urge to strangle you..." "You'd have to catch me first."
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jack was outside. he inhaled deeply. "ah, the fresh smell of the morning. huh?" he noticed something that looked like a raccoon with strange colors running right at him, with Zach behind him. "huh.." the minute the raccoon 'thing' ran next to him he stopped him with one simple raise of his arm. "im sorry, but you look guilty. are you hurt?" he asked with a friendly smile.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zack_the_husky wrote:As Zack continued running, he noticed Honey and Vanilla a few yards away from him. Once he got close enough, he waved and yelled, "HEYVANILLA, SORRYVANILLA, BYEVANILLA!" Then, he continued chasing after Drake. I'm chasing after a Raccat or whatever he is in broad daylight...[sarcasm]Oh, THIS will improve Vanilla's opinion of me.[/sarcasm] "You know, I suddenly have a strong urge to strangle you..." "You'd have to catch me first."
Vanilla hmpfed. As if that counted as an apology, or made up for what he'd put her through the previous evening.

Honey was more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but she too hoped Zack would apologize more properly later. Both were startled at what the heck he was doing.

"What was that he was chasing?"

"I am both ignorant and apathetic," said Vanilla, meaning every word of it.

Honey shrugged. "Just a little curious...."

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Vanilla sarcastically.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zappa stepped out front after waking up alittle late. He looked around and saw Zack chasing a.... Cat? Or was it a Raccoon. Zappa didn't care. He grinned and gave chase, saying "Lette Steg.(Lightening Step)" He caugh up with the Raccoon and smiled looking at him.
"Why hello copycat," Zappa said as he threw his arm around him and throwing them into the grass.
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

[Raccat...He looks like a cat with raccoon markings.]

Drake stopped as the dog raised his arm. "Um, I'm in the middle of being chased by a husky, so, if you don't mind-" Suddenly, he got tackled to the ground. "GAH!" Zack ran up to them and said, "Alright, buddy, you've got some explaining to do." Then, he looked at Zappa and Jack. "Thanks, guys. Anyway, this guy who looks like he's a cat with Raccoon patterns claims he's a Raccat, or something. My mom and I found him in our garage."
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Don't just shrug!" She flicked Wonder's shoulders. "Ow! What am I supposed to do then??" "I don't know, just not shrug...but let's find where Zack was headed anyhow. He has me curious." And she took off running. Wonder caught up with her easily and they kept running until they passed by Vanilla and Honey. Wonder gave a polite wave, not sure what to say but Winter fully stopped for a moment. "Hi Honey, hi Vanilla hope you guys are doing good!" Then continued running until she saw where the raccat was stopped by Jack. "Look there's Jack, say hi!" Wonder rolled her eyes but smiled. "Hi Jack!" she called.

Mrs. Deeters realized she was stuck. Oops, didn't think this through...but I'm an adult improvise!"Well, I'm Mrs. Deeters and my husband and I just got here yesterday. I was hoping another of the neighbors here could...uh...show us around the nieghborhood or something."
Jack

Post by Jack »

"you don't say?" he said, highly interested in the animal's strange species. "well im sure he wasn't doing anything wrong in their. just needed a place to sleep is all. right?" he asked the raccat. Jack then jolted up looking at wonder running towards him. "hi wonder!" he said with a happy grin.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zappa looked at the Raccat.
"Really now?" Zappa looked him closer. He sensed some magic.
"You used magic..." Zappa said pointing it out.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:"Don't just shrug!" She flicked Wonder's shoulders. "Ow! What am I supposed to do then??" "I don't know, just not shrug...but let's find where Zack was headed anyhow. He has me curious." And she took off running. Wonder caught up with her easily and they kept running until they passed by Vanilla and Honey. Wonder gave a polite wave, not sure what to say but Winter fully stopped for a moment. "Hi Honey, hi Vanilla hope you guys are doing good!" Then continued running until she saw where the raccat was stopped by Jack. "Look there's Jack, say hi!" Wonder rolled her eyes but smiled. "Hi Jack!" she called.

Mrs. Deeters realized she was stuck. Oops, didn't think this through...but I'm an adult improvise!"Well, I'm Mrs. Deeters and my husband and I just got here yesterday. I was hoping another of the neighbors here could...uh...show us around the nieghborhood or something."
Honey waved to Winter. "We're all right, I guess," said Honey, since it didn't sound like the start of a conversation to her.

"Speak for yourself," muttered Vanilla, trying to make her voice too low to be heard.

Mr. Cake rolled his eyes. A wacko. "Well, I just moved in myself, lady, I don't know anyone well enough to recommend anyone yet. Was there anything else?"

If the answer was "no," he was going to hang up.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Zack said, "Well, you have to admit, you'd find some strange looking guy in your garage weird too, wouldn't you?" Drake growled. "Yeah, I use magic sometimes...Now, get off, will ya?"
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zappa nodded and help him up. He kept a strong hold on his arm looking at him.
"What your name?" Zappa asked.
Jack

Post by Jack »

"i once found a funny little raccoon scavenging in my kitchen. i made him a sandwich and some warm milk and we had a wonderful conversation about philosophy. *sigh* i sure do miss that raccoon. he had such a way with words." he said reminiscing. "anyhow, lets hear his story, shall we?" he said with a smile.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Wonder slowed down but didn't fully stop. She jogged up to Jack and wrapped him in a hug. "Hi Jack! What's up?" Winter stopped where she was and gave a blank-faced wave at everyone. "Hi."

With one of those adults fake smiles that really said you're-on-my-list, Mrs. D sighed almost politely. Lady was not one of her most favorite nick-names, especially in that you-maniac tone. "Oh well I wasn't aware of that. Quite sorry I'll let you go now." she hung up the phone. And sighed. Loudly.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

He just turned to glare at the full-blooded coon. "It's Drake. What's it to you...?" Then, he looked at the black dog. "I just needed somewhere to sleep for the night, ok? Sleeping in garages is what I do. That, and some thieving when I need to...Well, except for Shinies. I usually can't help myself when it comes to the shiny stuff. I mean, I'm part raccoon. Raccoons LOVE shiny stuff."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:Wonder slowed down but didn't fully stop. She jogged up to Jack and wrapped him in a hug. "Hi Jack! What's up?" Winter stopped where she was and gave a blank-faced wave at everyone. "Hi."

With one of those adults fake smiles that really said you're-on-my-list, Mrs. D sighed almost politely. Lady was not one of her most favorite nick-names, especially in that you-maniac tone. "Oh well I wasn't aware of that. Quite sorry I'll let you go now." she hung up the phone. And sighed. Loudly.
[Game, that wasn't a conversation at all.... :o Besides, he can't see her on the phone....]

Mr. Cake hung up. "Weirdo." He sat back down to look through the newspaper.
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

[I know but I couldn't think! If it were me I would've said something like 'gotcha! you been punk'd! that was recorded live and will be showing at channel __ at 7!' but I don't think a responsible adult would do that. Bite me.]
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zappa kept a straight face looking at the kid.
"Try not to stereotype us kid. Not all of us like 'Shiny things'. I'm Zappa," Zappa said offering his hand.
Jack

Post by Jack »

"no one is blaming you- well, at least im not. hehe, i'll leave the judgment to my fellow husky here." he said just when wonder grabbed him in a hug. "hey! how have you been doing? you'r not sad cos you never got to sing with me are you?" he said, joking. he knew she was pretty nervous about it before and he wanted to see her reaction.
The Game

Post by The Game »

"...To be honest I've been sadder. But I'm still pretty sad. Anyhow, who do we have here?" She blinked curiously at Drake. "Hi, I'm Wonder and that's my sister." She pointed at Winter who said 'hi' again.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Drake sighed, but shook his hand anyway. "I'm not a kid. I'm 18 years old in animal years. Anyway, I like Shiny things. So sue me..." Zack sighed. "Well, I guess you were just finding a place to spend the night, so, I apologize." "Apology accepted." "Hey, if you need a place to stay, you can always stay in my garage." "Thanks. So, what's your name?" "I'm Zack." Then, after Wonder spoke, Drake said, "Hi, Winter."
Jack

Post by Jack »

"haha, ya. didn't expect much more then that." he said to wonder "so, now that we are all here... what should we do?" he said asking everyone, even the raccat.