Online/Offline Gaming? Do you play any?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Slippery-Q

Re: Online/Offline Gaming? Do you play any?

Post by Slippery-Q »

Yeah, I can agree. I think the best part about it is the team-work. A six man squad with an excellent squad leader makes for good game-play. The huge maps, access to squad vehicles, people with mics, and realism adds to the strategy too. The only down-side to the mod I see is some of the kits you can apply for and a few of the weapons. That's really about it. Overall, I'd give the game a 10/10. I love it.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Half life 2, ep.1 and 2
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

I have Trainz Classics simulator installed on my computer. I play with it often. I'm in the process of creating a tram route in that game.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:Half life 2, ep.1 and 2
That game looks awesome.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I prefer action and platforming games.

The Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon series from Nintendo
Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper from Sony
LittleBIGplanet

But my favorite game of all time has to be Ōkami.
It is a marvel of storytelling and gameplay, but faced poor sales.
You can find it on the PS2 or Wii, both for around 20 dollars.
I highly recommend picking it up if you are looking for 40-60 hours of entertainment!

Oh and it won the 2006 Ursa Major award for best game :lol:.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Voy a los bolos
Esquio
Jugo tenis
Jugo Ping-Pong
Jugo la Wii (me encanta Okami)
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Picked up on "Dead Frontier" recently. All I can say is, "Wow."
As some may know, I am a HUGE fan of the undead movies and games. I'm a huge fan of the whole horror genre period. As I was exploring through Google trying to find a zombie game to play, I stumbled across the Dead Frontier Website. It was a quick and easy sign up, and before I knew it, I was in-game. They call it the "#1 Zombie MMO". Though I can't entirely agree, it probably is.

I got into the first online room, and it was dope. 6 player capacity, and it's just a zombie onslaught. After a few hours of play, I was level 10 (and still am x_x). The mechanics of the game are pretty simple, and so is the in-game politics. Basically, just like in every other zombie horror, survive, loot, kill, eat, repeat. The only con I see of the game is that it was made in Flash. Not only that, the actionscript is a bit out of date, and the game play is from over head view third person. But in early or late July, they will be releasing a 3-D version of the game. I am anticipating that it will be much better and even more fun.

And finally, best of all, IT'S FREE. But, you can however pay for a "Gold Membership". Anyways, I'd give this game a nice rating of about... 8.5/10. There are a few flaws, but I'm sure they will be fixed with the nearest update. If any of you are interested in playing, it's simple, just go here and sign up:

www.deadfrontier.com

Happy Zombie Hunting! 8D

And no, I wasn't using this post as free advertising, it was a review.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Zander wrote:Half life 2, ep.1 and 2
That game looks awesome.
Looks? Don't you mean is? Or are you actually saying, that you have never played either? That's almost as bad as having no hands. Almost.
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Slippery-Q wrote:Picked up on "Dead Frontier" recently. All I can say is, "Wow."
As some may know, I am a HUGE fan of the undead movies and games. I'm a huge fan of the whole horror genre period. As I was exploring through Google trying to find a zombie game to play, I stumbled across the Dead Frontier Website. It was a quick and easy sign up, and before I knew it, I was in-game. They call it the "#1 Zombie MMO". Though I can't entirely agree, it probably is.

I got into the first online room, and it was dope. 6 player capacity, and it's just a zombie onslaught. After a few hours of play, I was level 10 (and still am x_x). The mechanics of the game are pretty simple, and so is the in-game politics. Basically, just like in every other zombie horror, survive, loot, kill, eat, repeat. The only con I see of the game is that it was made in Flash. Not only that, the actionscript is a bit out of date, and the game play is from over head view third person. But in early or late July, they will be releasing a 3-D version of the game. I am anticipating that it will be much better and even more fun.

And finally, best of all, IT'S FREE. But, you can however pay for a "Gold Membership". Anyways, I'd give this game a nice rating of about... 8.5/10. There are a few flaws, but I'm sure they will be fixed with the nearest update. If any of you are interested in playing, it's simple, just go here and sign up:

http://www.deadfrontier.com

Happy Zombie Hunting! 8D

That game is very good indeed. My username is Auzzo. Isn't there supposed to be a 3D Client for it, or are they still working on it?

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

OH MAN PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY IS SO GOOD
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Teh Brawler wrote:OH MAN PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY IS SO GOOD
Yeah, its most fun when you play it on a public bus!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

OH MAN TRAUMA CENTER: UNDER THE KNIFE IS SO GOOD
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Auzzo wrote:
Slippery-Q wrote:Picked up on "Dead Frontier" recently. All I can say is, "Wow."

http://www.deadfrontier.com

Happy Zombie Hunting! 8D

That game is very good indeed. My username is Auzzo. Isn't there supposed to be a 3D Client for it, or are they still working on it?
Yeah, there is. Suppost to be coming out later July or early August. Or so they say. I can't wait to play it. Seems like it'll be 10x times better than the 2-D version. But as stated, the game is great. It's kept me busy for quite awhile. I believe I am addicted.
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Speaking of free games, I recently got into playing Combat Arms. It's one of those free-to-play-but-if-you-want-the-great-items-you-have-to-pay-real-money-for-them kind of games. Still, I haven't paid a dime yet and I enjoy it. It's fast paced, easy to run at the highest quality, and just plain fun. If anyone's interested, just ask me for my username and I'll give it to you.
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. - Randall Munroe

My Steam account.
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

I played Combat Arm's. The game was too easy. I went around with a scoped M14 and absolutely owned. Got bored of it after the first two weeks. :/
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Slippery-Q wrote:I played Combat Arm's. The game was too easy. I went around with a scoped M14 and absolutely owned. Got bored of it after the first two weeks. :/
Well, I've only played for one week so far. I'll let you know if I last longer then you did. =P
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. - Randall Munroe

My Steam account.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

OH MAN TRACE MEMORY IS SO GOOD

Okay, that's it for the night. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Jersey wrote:
Slippery-Q wrote:I played Combat Arm's. The game was too easy. I went around with a scoped M14 and absolutely owned. Got bored of it after the first two weeks. :/
Well, I've only played for one week so far. I'll let you know if I last longer then you did. =P
i played combat arms before. the rental system made me quit after a week.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Typhon wrote: Yeah, its most fun when you play it on a public bus!
OBJECTION
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

NoelL wrote:OBJECTION
I never had the guts to actually say that out loud in a public place while playing the game. I was screaming it inside though. XP

My Steam account.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

You know you made a good game if this is the Google image page on Objection.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=nl&q=ob ... a=N&tab=wi
and its not just one page ether, around page 10 you start to get some other stuff.

==================

Onlive Review

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ ... t=featured
im impressed
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
CarrotMurder

Post by CarrotMurder »

Ebly wrote:OH MAN I JUST REMEMBERED
I really want to play Mirror's Edge. Like realllllllllly want to. U:
How do they make something that's pretty much nothing but parkour seem like a really good game?
Rent it. Trust me. I bought it, and I never play it anymore after beating the extremely short campaign. The replay value for the game is very low, but the first play through of the campaign is like taking pillz in L4D. Doesn't last forever, but is the best feeling in the world.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Oh man you guys

FFXIV comes out September 30th. I am so stoked.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

*Checks giant list of online games I play and try to keep up with*
*Checks wallet, a moth flies out*

I don't think I have the time or money to check that one out D:
- Esquire Fox

zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

League of Legends when I'm not dodging friends. It's a great dota clone that's free to play. Game is funded through micropayments. Don't need to pay to play though, its not like some systems where if you buy stuff you are god.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Just got back into "Heroes III of Might and Magic". I can't even describe how awesome this game is. So, I'll just let your opinions sit and fester.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

^ agreed, ALWAYS Loved that game! AWGH I uninstalled it a couple of weeks ago though :'(
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

Post by Quote »

I have a lot, but I don't play them too much...
Right now, my longest-played (and currently-played) MMO is Perfect World International.
If anybody is on Sanctuary, you should tell me...

I played Dekaron/2Moons for a bit but got bored due to a dying player base and lack of updates/customization.

It sucks, I know, but it was my first MMO so it still has a place in my heart: Runescape. I've got a Lv103 aimlessly wandering in F2P...

Offline I don't do much, although when I do I generally play some of my emulators.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Oh yeah, I was gonna say something in this but never got round to it.

I've played Runescape for years, even though I never train and only have fun. Leval 99 in members, and a 99 Woodcutting cape! Also, I'm not playing at the moment, but I always sign up for a month when an update I think is cool comes on.

I've not played World of Warcraft for awhile, but I've got a leval 80 Warlock. I'll probably start that again when Cataclysm comes out!

For offline gaming, I've always loves Spyro. I've got all of them, and loved all of them. Whilst, I prefer the original set, I still like the newer games. Frodo Baggins voice acts Spyro. What's not to like?

I get into new games as they come out for a week or two. I recently (finally) got my hands on Saints row 2. Love it. The humour is great, and the ability to throw is just awesome.

My most recently played games online on my Xbox would be: Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Red dead redemption is one of the best games I've ever played. It's beautiful. I love moral systems. Battle system is great. I'm sure you all know Call of Duty's elements though. It's fun, great storyline and veteran was hard...but not impossible.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

A game I think sounds promising is Bloodline Champions. A kind of RTS arena game, with either 3v3 or 5v5 (I think). It's still Beta though, but sounds very promising :3

First battle report (Uh, if you wonder what kinda accent that is, it's a swedish accent ;p)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I play many online games that I leave and come back to over time.

The games I play are:
Dofus 2.0 (Currently)
PWI (Perfect World International)
Runescape (Username: PianoKeys)
Ragnarok Online
GuildWars
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Yeah, pretty much the same as Flint.
I find a game, then he and I start playing it together.
It's been that way for pretty much 7 years.

I first found MMOs when a friend introduced me to Runescape (the first version) back in 2003.
I played it a lot for at least 3 years, and I still do play, but mostly to keep up with my friends.
The quest system is the highlight of the game for me. It is has more immersive quests than any other MMO I can think of.
I've taken to using the same name as I have on these forums for my character:
Yes, the graphics aren't WoW, but I've never minded.

I am currently playing Dofus with my brother.
It is a French MMO with a rather unique combat system (turn-based strategy).
However, it quickly loses its initial appeal in that department and soon you are just grinding for levels.
It is addictive though, and I have a lot of fun playing in groups.
Community is very weak though.

Then I sparsely play PWI and Rangarok Online when my brother and I are in the mood for them.
Never tried WoW, I'd probably like it. But that's exactly what I'm afraid of.
- Esquire Fox

Post by Quote »

Oh yes, I forgot a massive chunk of my gaming career. For online... With casual offline play, too...
Touhou 10.5 and/or 12.3: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku.
Great fighting spinoffs based on the Touhou series.

And yeah, offline, the entire Touhou series.
I'm currently flipping out because Komeiji Satori from 11 is far too difficult for a Stage 4 boss.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Battlenet: [email protected] LF friends!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

A lot of housepets members are currently playing Alien swarm
http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/
It's free to get, 4 player online co-up

also, be sure to join the HP steam group.
it's says it's the"unofficial" put i'm pretty sure it's the official group by now :P
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/housepetscomicgroup
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Battle Field 2: Bad company 2, and reveling in it.

I just had a amazing round in the game. one of the proudest Leroy's I've ever done happened.

I chased back a tank with a Medic (with no ammo, and a Medic doesn't have a way to blown one up anyway), my squad died, I really couldn't get to them without being shot. so I ran towards the tank managed not to get shot by it and ran along side it. the driver thought I was a Engineer (RPG) or a Sniper (C4) apparently, and backed up sixty yards or so. giving my team enough time to have an engineer take aim. Unfortunately there was a sniper and he nailed me. but it was glorious.

Great game.

what what? Jolly good time.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Yeah... I'm playing Deadliest Warrior alot lately. I really like the game. Sure people tend to leave ranked matches so they don't lose points, but it's still fun.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Kyderra wrote:A lot of housepets members are currently playing Alien swarm
http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/
It's free to get, 4 player online co-up

also, be sure to join the HP steam group.
it's says it's the"unofficial" put i'm pretty sure it's the official group by now :P
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/housepetscomicgroup
I am totally playing that game right now. Loads of fun!
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Update for me: I stoped gaming completly... and it's fine...
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Jakkal wrote:Update for me: I stoped gaming completly... and it's fine...
Blasphemy!