Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

D-Singer

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by D-Singer »

“Wow, no kidding.” Cruiser said with a hint of sarcasm as he kept at checking the files, eventually making his way up two the last few. After failing yet again to play a video, he clicked on the only remaining file with dulled hopes.

To his surprise, it was readable! The media player began loading, and Cruiser was suddenly on the edge of his seat. “Wait a sec, here we go!”
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker paused teh game to watch in a curious manner. He had no idea what to expect but he was intrigued by Cruiser's excitement at watching his own little movie. "What's so special about it?" he then asked as he watched.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:Zaya stepped back, and her sternness vanished with a soft sigh. “Well, he was in the city with you last you were with him, right? If so, then Cruiser is probably just fine, you shouldn’t worry. Moreover, you both definitely should be getting home. We all should in fact...”

Zaya spotted the approaching lights of a city bus further up the street, probably one of the few still making evening rounds. “Please, before we go...tell me which building you last saw Cruiser?”

"Um... It was large, nearby a playground[/color" Soren began, "apparently usually bolted up, but, oddly today it wasn't? And I believe it was two or three stories tall. Really easy to climb into and out of. An old office building."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex blushesd at Reno, "Alright... That sounds nice..." he say on the bed, beconing Reno with a wave, "And a carnival sounds nice, I haven't ever gone to one for leisure, just study." the cat said as he laid back under the posh blankets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"They're really fun, but can be pretty scary at night..." Reno said as he slipped under the covers next to Iudex "But the fireworks are worth it, very pretty! And the rides are really fun too!" he giggled and cuddled up to Iudex
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I see... This shall be fun, I cannot wait." Iudex said as he curled up with Reno, wrapping his arm around the dog. With an inaudible whisper in Iudex's part, the balls if light around the room began to dim
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“I know where you’re talking about. But actually, it’s not an office...” The bus pulled up to the stop and everyone began to board. “Come on, we don’t want to be left behind.” The borzoi ushered the two younger dogs up to the bus and began taking coins out of her scarf.

It was probably a fitting way to end a day searching the most deserted area in the city. By now most of the street lights had turned on, and all the small family owned shops had closed. The bus and the pets boarding it seemed to be the only activity that interrupted the eerie silence that gripped the urban setting.

Zaya heeded her friend’s earlier warning of being watched, but she knew as long as she was there with them, there was no danger that would follow. Now that she had her iron back, sleep tonight should be peaceful.

--

“This is footage of…” He felt anxious with Parker watching over his shoulder, knowing full well of what happened, he wasn’t sure of what to say. This dog might think he was nuts if he explained the incident first.

Maybe it’d be best if he lied and said it was a clip of a very bad joke being played on him and the two younger pups in his company. Rather than telling his guest that he was earlier chased, trapped, and nearly killed by a monster in a suit.

*“What do you guys say? Have a look around before getting out of here? I’d like to know just why that door was unlocked in the first place.”*
*”Sure, why not?”*
*"Alright, I guess"*

“It’s uhh…” The shepherd’s attention seemed to be focused only on the screen of his computer, though it looked like he was just getting more nervous.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Well? Spit it out!" chuckled Parker as he watched before laughing again. "Looks like some cheap thriller." he snickered as he watched intently, obviously not distressed at all and wanting to break Cruiser out of his detached trance.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno yawned, his eys half shut "Ya know I'm glad that today happened... I got to meet the most wonderful cat... You..." he smiled "I wanna spend as much time with you as I can... because... I love you... Iu...dex..." an with the last syllable, he fell asleep
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex smiled and kissed the sleeping Reno briefly, "Hehe, I love you too. I foresee good things for us..." he then closed his eyes and drifted into his habitually lighter-than-air sleep
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:“I know where you’re talking about. But actually, it’s not an office...” The bus pulled up to the stop and everyone began to board. “Come on, we don’t want to be left behind.” The borzoi ushered the two younger dogs up to the bus and began taking coins out of her scarf.

It was probably a fitting way to end a day searching the most deserted area in the city. By now most of the street lights had turned on, and all the small family owned shops had closed. The bus and the pets boarding it seemed to be the only activity that interrupted the eerie silence that gripped the urban setting.

Zaya heeded her friend’s earlier warning of being watched, but she knew as long as she was there with them, there was no danger that would follow. Now that she had her iron back, sleep tonight should be peaceful.
Skya didn't really answer the questions from Selina and Matt, since she had no idea what time it was, and she was really not in the mood to point out the obvious, but luckily, the bus was coming, so she didn't have to worry about that. She just sat down as close to Zaya as she could without invading anyone's personal space, hugging one knee to her chest as she looked over her shoulder, to her sides, and toward the front of the bus near constantly.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Selina followed onto the bus, paying for both Matt and herself. She found a seat next to the others. she didn't say anything, still dealing with a headache. It just got worse every time she tried to remember the dream she had, like her brain was telling her she's better off forgetting.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Soren got on the bus. He wasn't sure where it was going, but being in a group after dark seemed better than being alone.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Marcus sat next to Soren, he looked out the window with a vacant expression still trying to process the events of the day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“It’s just day footage...for my video account...” Cruiser said in a still only a half-attentive state. The video played on for another minute. Though by now, Cruiser had wandered too far away from Soren’s flashlight for his camera to make out any real details, the last clear image being a panning around the entire room and at the weird looking metal cylinders.

Little more than his own footsteps were picked up by the camera now. But suddenly the black image began to show tearing about a quarter of the way up from the bottom of the screen. This was accompanied by some unusual audio distortion. A slight, high-pitched whine began playing over all the other sounds.

*”…uhh…guys?”*

The video anomalies ceased, and the screen was lit up again by Soren’s light.

As the young shepherd watched, he only became more focused on the video, and less on anything else. His camera never acted up the way it was playing back now. It didn’t seem like the video glitches were something his type of camera would usually encounter either.

The footage followed Cruiser through his investigation of another empty room, briefly separating from the two other dogs. Once alone, the glitches picked up again, and faded away as he returned back to his companions. The three then finally agreed it was time to leave.

The camera pointed around a corner, back towards the doorway, and that was when a disturbing amount of static and white noise violated both the video image and the audio track. But despite this, a towering, slender outline of humanoid shape stood out against the bright background of the light shining through the doorway. The fuzz mucking up the image and high contrast still showed that inexplicably frightening suit being worn by whatever it was obstructing the doorway to the outside.

Very garbled words could be heard under the whining and white noise. Whose voice the words belonged too was completely indiscernible. Seconds later, the camera caught something even more inexplicable. The head of the towering person’s outline became a total blur, and the laptops speakers’ blared intense static.

The video screen went pitch black.

--

Throughout the bus ride, Zaya became aware of her friend’s increasingly paranoid attentiveness to her surroundings.

The bus they were on was practically empty. Not only was it one of the last to be making stops, the stops it did make were nearly all in the least inhabited part of the city. The only occupants were themselves, the driver, a young woman sitting near the front, and several teenaged kids seated near the end of the bus. Skya’s worrisome behavior seemed baseless. At least that was how Zaya viewed it. The wolfhound scooted a little closer to her friend. She had other things on her mind that were important to her before calling it a night, but it looked like making sure nobody was walking home alone was going to be another.

The buss made its last stop not a street away from where it originally picked up the group of pets earlier that day. On the same block, not too far from the café where the day began. Zaya got up and disembarked keeping a closed distance between her and Skya…
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker watched in an amused fashion, wondering what kind of shenanigans Cruiser got himself into with other people. From what he could tell it started off pretty tense, just him going through rooms and checking them out. When he saw the numerous camera hiccups he began to wonder how old the camera was or if it was broken, but he shrugged it off since he figured it wouldn't be polite to ask. When the flashlight within teh video turned to the tall suited man Parker was instantly excited but a bit confused as to what he was seeing. "Woah!" he said as he saw the suited tall man. "Who's that guy?" he then asked Cruiser as he watched the recording distort a bit more before the static noise came up, admittedly causing Parker to jump a bit in surprise.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser didn’t even answer Parker. His eyes were wide with shock, and his jaw hung slightly agape. Spare for the horrible distortions, the video had caught everything. It verified what they saw, and all of Cruiser’s doubts were crushed even more by the haunting, semi-human visage caught by his camera.

The screen was black, but the video still played. For another minute or so nothing could be seen or heard. The playback then abruptly cut to a single, brief frame showing a suited torso less than six feet away from the camera, brightly illuminated by Soren’s flashlight. The screen went black again.

*[Distorted]*

*”GO FREAKING GO!”*

Heavy static overlaid frantic cussing and quick footsteps. There was a loud *THUNK* following the instant Cruiser had collided with a wall, unable to see anything in the total darkness. The light returned an image to the screen, showing the two younger dogs taking shelter in an empty room.

The static only intensified along with the annoying high pitched wail as the cam was once again left in darkness. There were some more thudding noises mixed with Cruiser’s continued fearful profanities.

The screen transitioned again to a viewable picture, now the three were hiding inside a small closet space covered by only a wooden, sliding door. While the screen showed nothing more than the camera pointing at the edge of the door Cruiser was holding shut, quick whispers could be heard in the background. The image began to tear, then went black yet again.

Three full minutes elapsed with no image and only soft breathing from the speakers. Then a distant voice calling out...maybe from a different room?

*”Hello? In here!”*
*”Marcus see if you can call Soren back. I think we might just be okay.”*

there was the loud skittering noise of the door being pushed over its old tracks.

*”Hello…?”*

*[Distorted]*

Ear-piercing static screeched from the speakers again, causing the young shepherd to only cringe while in his obviously distraught state. The video ended...
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

-- Meanwhile, On the highway entering Edge City ~

Rolling along the highway alone towards Edge were two vehicles, a what-
-seemed like a moving truck with some clothing brand on the sides and a white luxury sedan with the windows on the rear dark tinted like a limousine. Inside the sedan, A woman and her cat sat on opposite sides of the rear seat. The cat stared out of the window at the rushing scenery passing by, he then spots the city's skyline, which is rather dilapidated and grey in the darkening sky..

"We're almost there, Miss Razclov.." Said the driver through a speaker within the separating wall between the front a rear seats.

"Thank you, Parka, but could you leave us until we get there.." Yawned Ms Razclov, streching in the confined space somehow.

The russian blue said nothing, hardly listening to anything happening around him, untill his owner spoke to him directly.

"Izarc, You awake? We're almost to the next destination.." Says Ms Razclov, laying a hand on Izarc's shoulder.

"Yea, ..Mom.. I heard.." Sighs Izarc, looking up to his Owner, then back to the window. He falls asleep there after a while..

More silence and isolation follows as the small convoy rolls on towards the City..

(OoC: There! First post up! My convoy will reach Edge by the morning!)
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Okay, home is, that way?" Soren asked himself as he got off the bus, "I think.."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Yeah, it's that way. Let's hurry up and get off the street.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker's eyes were wide with excitement from the video. What he had just watched was like in some sort of horror movie except made in real life with Cruiser's camera and judging by the look on the shepard's face this was no joke. "Wow what the **** was that?" the akita asked in an anxious tone. This whole situation in Edge City smelled of something strange and that didn't mean just literally. "Heh pretty sure normal folks would be **** near traumatized by something like that." he then chuckled. Parker was feeling ready to get off his lazy butt and do something and this seemed like the perfect oppurtunity.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

CB seemed oblivious to anything Parker was saying. He just kept staring at his screen. As if the horrifying event the camera caught wasn’t enough, the point at which it ended had his hackles standing on end. It was difficult remembering, but it was at the moment he stepped out of that closet that he found himself trapped in what could only be explained as an endless dark plain.

No amount of running brought him anywhere, his voice might as well have been mute, there was no air to speak of...and every second passed with the intense instinctual fear of being harmed or killed by something beyond any physical threat.

Cruiser’s only movement was slowly leaning closer to the laptop’s glossy, dark, screen. The clip had ended, but one last frame was still there. The contrast was so minimal, seeing it would have taken an eagle eye, but Cruiser still managed to make it out.

The faint dark outline of an upper body with an oblong, featureless head starred back at him from the final frame of the footage. The shepherd expression indicated an almost hypnotized stare...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker then looked at Cruiser's seemingly hypnotized face before snapping his fingers in front of muzzle. "Hey, you alright?" he then asked, not really that drawn in by the strange looking figure displayed on the computer.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matt filed off the bus with the rest, hopping down onto the sidewalk with his backpack slung over his shoulder. He stopped a few steps away, looking around uncertainly. It took him a little while to get his bearings - it was dark, and his mind was still a bit clouded, with more than just fatigue. Think we're still a few blocks away from home ...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Selina stretched a bit as she got off the bus.
"Hey, Matt. If you don't feel like sleeping in your doghouse again, I'm sure my mom and dad would let you stay with me."
plus I may need someone to talk to about whatever I just saw in my dream.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matt grinned. He hadn't been looking forward to the prospect of spending the night outside and alone. "Thanks, Selina! Definitely beats staying at my place right now, heh ... " Asking his mom and dad about staying over didn't even cross his mind - so long as he showed up some time in the morning, they wouldn't care one way or the other.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

then the two made their way back to Selina's place.
when they went in, Selina yelled "Hey, Mom. Matt's going to spend the night here."
"Alright," was the response.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser gasped as he snapped to attention, no longer looking mesmerized, but rather shocked. He look at his guest, then at the clock on the wall behind him. It was already getting to be late. He slowly shut his laptop and picked it up from the coffee table alone with his camera and USB cable.

“Yeah...I-...I’m just fine...”

There was no hiding it. Any imbecile could see that Cruiser was obviously having a hard time keeping his cool about what he just re-lived though some garbled video playback. There were plentiful tell-tale signs that indicated fear on him.

“So...That was just...uh...” He chuckled nervously, finding it painfully difficult just to come up with some halfway believable excuse for what he just showed Parker, and at the same time not look like some dog fresh back from his first trip to the vet.

“Lemme just put this stuff away real quick, kay?” With that, the panicked Dutch Shepherd dodged around Parker and headed down the hallway to his room.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker watched curiously as Cruiser dodged him to put the laptop away before he leaned back on teh couch and continued to play with a shrug. He'd pry later, but for now he'd let it go since whatever it was really seemed to unnerve the shepard. He scoffed at his fear however, thinking of it as a weakness.

"Fun game." he then chuckled as he dispatched mroe necromorphs in the game.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Skya had stood quietly for a moment, staring at nothing, after she had gotten off the bus, almost as if she could see something that wasn't there. "Hey... Zaya... Do you have a specific place you were planing on staying tonight?" She asked as her eyes seemed to click back into reality. "Because if not, I'd like for you to stay at my place for the night... Something doesn't quite seem right about tonight... more so than others." She said, her fur standing on end for what seemed no reason at all.
Love me right now! Done.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser did little more that drop his laptop into the drawer under his bed and kick it shut. His mind was running wild. Before even taking a step back to the living room to see Parker, he took a moment to simply pull himself together.

So there was a monster that nearly got him...big whoop...

Even that freaky cat with the dog fetish said as he’d be fine for the time being. Well...at the very least he wouldn’t have to worry about having been followed home by any uninvited guests. But the only thing that assured that was the glass ornament he dropped and broke upon arriving home.

That aside, the guest he had in present company was at least something to add a sense of security. Cruiser only knew a handful of accomplished attack dogs, and only rarely could he ever invite any of them over. Parker’s timing couldn’t have been better. The only thing that’d top that was having a weapon.

Unfortunately, the only weapons in his house were not accessible to him, as Cruiser’s owner locked up the pistol and shotgun he kept for home defense, and the young shepherd wasn’t privileged to knowing the safe combination...

Still, maybe tomorrow after training he could pick up the security tazer he kept in his locker. After all, Iudex did mention the slender man’s probable weakness to electricity.

Cruiser took a deep breath and re-entered the living room, looking a lot calmer than he was minutes ago. “Alright, sorry about earlier. But it’s late, and my day’s been kinda messed up…” The shepherd began rearranging the pillows on the couch, then went to retrieve additional blankets from the hall closet. “I’m gonna hit the sack. You can keep playing if you want though...”

--

As everyone left and began to go their separate ways home, Zaya thanked each of them for their help. When it came to Skya, she felt no hesitation to return a friendly favor. In fact, she was always grateful when a friend invited her into their home.

“Skya, thank you. I’d be happy to.” There was a brief pause. “…and I understand. But you shouldn’t be so worrisome, it won’t do you any good.”

“Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.”
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Heh you kidding me? At this rate I'll beat the game in teh next few hours." the Akita then chuckled before continuing to play. He had made it his personal goal now to beat the game due to the fact that he was enjoying a lot. Parker still didn't understand what made Cruiser cringe and seemingly go into shock before on the video but he would leave him be.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:Yeah, it's that way. Let's hurry up and get off the street.
"Are the streets that dangerous?" Soren asked as he looked behind them and thought he saw their spookie thing from early.. "NEVERMIND!" He took off running towards home.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:As everyone left and began to go their separate ways home, Zaya thanked each of them for their help. When it came to Skya, she felt no hesitation to return a friendly favor. In fact, she was always grateful when a friend invited her into their home.

“Skya, thank you. I’d be happy to.” There was a brief pause. “…and I understand. But you shouldn’t be so worrisome, it won’t do you any good.”

“Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.”
"Sorry about that, it's just... I dunno, something just doesn't feel right..." Skya said, turning her gaze to the ground. "And you're welcome. I needed someone to walk home with anyways. I don't exactly want to be caught alone on the streets at night right now... especially with the recent influx of pet abductions..." She added without looking up from her feet as she walked.
Love me right now! Done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
Seth wrote:Yeah, it's that way. Let's hurry up and get off the street.
"Are the streets that dangerous?" Soren asked as he looked behind them and thought he saw their spookie thing from early.. "NEVERMIND!" He took off running towards home.
Marcusglancedooked back and didn't see anything but he decided it'd probably be best not to chance it. He ran after Soren towards his home.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:
Throughout the bus ride, Zaya became aware of her friend’s increasingly paranoid attentiveness to her surroundings.

The bus they were on was practically empty. Not only was it one of the last to be making stops, the stops it did make were nearly all in the least inhabited part of the city. The only occupants were themselves, the driver, a young woman sitting near the front, and several teenaged kids seated near the end of the bus. Skya’s worrisome behavior seemed baseless. At least that was how Zaya viewed it. The wolfhound scooted a little closer to her friend. She had other things on her mind that were important to her before calling it a night, but it looked like making sure nobody was walking home alone was going to be another.

The buss made its last stop not a street away from where it originally picked up the group of pets earlier that day. On the same block, not too far from the café where the day began. Zaya got up and disembarked keeping a closed distance between her and Skya…
After he got off the Bus, Plamen didn't even said 'Bye!', but hurried in the direction of his home. Luckily, his house was just a block away. He pushed the button of the doorbell and left his guitar at the entrance - a sign his parent knew very well - he had something on his mind. Right now he didn't even care if they would worry or not. He had to check something out with his own eyes.
So he headed downtown again... alone.
(I use this quote for obvious reasons)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
[;.]'/,\

Post by [;.]'/,\ »

ØNCE THERE WAS A DØG. HE WASN'T LIKE ØTHER DØGS. HE JUST WANTED TO HAVE
FUNFUNFUNCHARLIE WALKED DØWN THE STREETFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNLØØKING FØR ØTHER PETS WHØ HE CØULDFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNHAVE FUN AND BE FRIENDS WITH.FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNAS USUAL, HE HAD AFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
BIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIGBIG
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY
SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!SMILE!
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNØN HIS FACEFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUN
I AM WATCHING YØU. I AM A FRIENDLY FELLØW WHØ IS HERE TØ HAVE FUN! YØU LØØK FUNNY!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote: Marcusglancedooked back and didn't see anything but he decided it'd probably be best not to chance it. He ran after Soren towards his home.
Well, Soren's a husky... When he makes tracks... he MAKES TRACKS. He reached his house a few seconds after taking off and showed no signs of stopping.

OOC: anyone wanna stop him or do sleepover idea quickly?
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Well...good luck with that. Here are some extra blankets, and my room is the last one down the hall if you need me.” He watched Parker continue the graphic game play for another moment before leaving. “So, uh...goodnight.”

Cruiser knew full well that even though he had some type of company with him, his mind wasn’t likely to allot him much peace for a good night’s sleep. He flopped into his bed and hid himself under the covers.

--

The mention of the recent number of disappearing pets made Zaya go silent for a moment. Looking back on the past months, life in the city had gone from calm to unsettling. Each week was another story of one or two more missing family pets.

What was more unnerving was the fact that a few of those who had vanished, Zaya had been acquainted with. She looked at her friend walking ahead with suppressed concern. It was just today the two of them encountered a known evil regarded only as urban legend by those who’d never experienced it. That incident at the abandoned school, the burning and overheating computers, the ear-piercing screeches of outdated speakers…

That horrible, wicked smile...

It was just one of the many terrifying myths that seemed to circulate the city through gossip or modern technological means. But Zaya knew better...

She knew that there were surprisingly few ‘myths’ about the city they lived in, and quite a few real dangers.

“I know what you mean, but surely will be fine. You’re home isn’t that far away.” Despite speaking with a sense of confidence and no hint of concern to speak of, there was still the fact that they were both within the city limits, and that there was nobody in sight walking the street s like they were. Truth be told, it was not exactly the picture of a safe nightly walk home.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

After putting in a few hours into the game Parker finally conquered over all the Necromorphs before chuckling silently and turning the game off. He took some of the blankets he had been given and made himself comfortable on the couch before managing to nod off. It had been a strange day but he was thankful that Cruiser was nice enough to let him stay over. The shepard did seem odd though and he began to wonder why he was so stressed about that video from earlier. He pushed it into the back of his mind however, and figured it was nothing important.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)