Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Mettlebird »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sorry to hear that, Mettle. I hopeyou find someone else. or your mate comes around.

Sorrow: my entire family is sick. including me. I've thrown up 3 times today. T.T
I highly doubt they'll come around, unfortunately. As much joy it would bring me, I don't think they'd even care. Plus I'm too hurt to even talk to them at this point. Not sure if I want them to come around, with how they broke up with me. It seriously hurt me. Hurt me deeply. :'c

Now that I think about it, I don't want them to come around. They didn't really respect my wishes too much, and at times they literally tried to antagonize me. Then the way they broke up with me. Didn't exactly let me off too easy there.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Mettlebird wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sorry to hear that, Mettle. I hopeyou find someone else. or your mate comes around.

Sorrow: my entire family is sick. including me. I've thrown up 3 times today. T.T
I highly doubt they'll come around, unfortunately. As much joy it would bring me, I don't think they'd even care. Plus I'm too hurt to even talk to them at this point. Not sure if I want them to come around, with how they broke up with me. It seriously hurt me. Hurt me deeply. :'c

Now that I think about it, I don't want them to come around. They didn't really respect my wishes too much, and at times they literally tried to antagonize me. Then the way they broke up with me. Didn't exactly let me off too easy there.
I hope you feel better buddy...
Sorrow: I can't be any more helpful
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Joy: I've moved on. I just needed some time to think it over and let out my stress. I've fully recovered, and I'm ready to keep on moving.

Sorrow: My mom is singing.

Reason for that sorrow: She can't hold a tune for her life. xD

Joy: At least she's having a good time. ...at my expense... XP
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

@RandomGeekNamedBrent Is there some sort of germ or virus going around?
Sorrow: My Dad has coughing fits,my brother's voice sound's scratchy and, my throat is scratchy and hot.
Joy: I'm not too sick so hopefully it will subside in a week's time.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Mettlebird wrote:Joy: I've moved on. I just needed some time to think it over and let out my stress. I've fully recovered, and I'm ready to keep on moving.

Sorrow: My mom is singing.

Reason for that sorrow: She can't hold a tune for her life. xD

Joy: At least she's having a good time. ...at my expense... XP
My mother thinks she can sing AND play the guitar. If I had claws, I wouldn't have ears.
Sent from my conifer.
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

What the cuss sorrow: Thieves cussing stole the entire Christmas offering from my church!!! What the CUSS????? Holy bad word! WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS CRAP??? They took over $20,000!!!!! What. The. Cuss.
D:<

...who could do something so evil? I mean, what kind of cold-blooded, stone-hearted jerk would do this? The worst part is that it's looking like it was someone from inside the church. All I can ask is why? Why and who? It's just not right. It's the second most horrendous thing that has ever happened to me! Well, it didn't happen to 'me,' but rather my family at the church.

Sorrow: Due to recent events, I am in a very poor mood. I just want to get in a good emotional release, and then go to sleep. I feel very tense, and I just don't know what to do. I feel pretty helpless right now. *sigh*

Ehh, I have to look on the bright side. Whenever it appears to me. I don't really see a bright side to my church being robbed. Probably isn't one. Except maybe that it'll bring the community closer together. That's an up side.

Joy: I'm donating all of my Christmas money to the church. Which is literally every penny I have to my name. But it's worth it.

Joy: I don't see any way how today could get any worse. It's all done and over with, and tomorrow will be a better day.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: Had to be the bad guy and hurt a friend of mine
joy:I really do think I did what's right, so I can live with myself
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: I learned something awful...
Joy: I will forget eventually... Bad memories are bad!
Sorrow: what if I don't forget
Joy: I'm pretty sure I will.
... Sorrow: I pray to god I forger
Joy: RPing with friends ^^ such a pleasant thing
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

TensaZangetsu wrote:

D:
Did you eat undercooked food?
nope, it was just a stomach virus. My cousin stayed home so we wouldn't get sick, but apparently it came with her family anyway.

Joy: I'm better now. after sleeping all day yesterday.
Mettlebird wrote:

then, again, I hope you find someone else.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Joy: Neutral again
Joy: Can play Black keys etude in 80% of full speed
Sorrow: Still can't play ending correctly. Those stupid triplets and octaves!
Sorrow: Electricity and magnetism driving me insane. Torque on an electric dipole, the electric field of an infinitely charged insulating plane? What is this madness! Beginning to doubt if I can be an engineer, I can't even comprehend introductory undergraduate physics.
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: I feel all depressed lately. Worst holiday season ever for me.

Joy: I'm donating all of the money I got for Christmas to my church to try and make up for what they lost. I don't need it, I'd only spend it on luxuries. My family at church is far more important than silly things like iTunes giftcards, books, and that kind of stuff.

Sorrow: I feel like saying something...but I promised this person that I'd keep my mouth shut, and I'm respecting his wishes. I'm not a bad person like that, and the thought of saying this makes me feel so guilty. But at the same time, I want to get back at him. But again, I know that's not right, and I feel horrible about even feeling or thinking about it. Such conflicting emotions right now...

Sorrow: My aunt got fired for no reason and her employer is denying her unemployment. She's on the verge of being evicted from her apartment, and there's nothing I can do to help her.

Sorrow: I'm stuck in another rut, depression-wise. Too much going on all at once. How much can one person bear to have happen to them and their family?

Sorrow: I feel very...bad. I just don't feel good. I feel like I'm a bad person. I'm looking back at this year, and only the things I did wrong are sticking out to me. That and the...horrible things that happened to me are even more prominent that those...

Sorrow: I don't know what to do right now. I'm terribly lonely, I feel so guilty, I'm an emotional wreck, and I just feel like such a bad person... I know I'm over reacting...but I just can't help it. I feel like everything in my life is going to all hell again. I don't get to see my psychiatrist for maybe another month, so I'm stuck feeling like this since I can't get an up in my anti-depressants.

Sorrow: I have no motivation for anything. I just want to curl up and sleep. I'm too upset to cry, and I'm too depressed to care. I just can't take anything else going wrong around me, and I just want to avoid anything that could hurt me more. I'm afraid right now. I'm afraid of what might happen next. It's been one thing after another this year, and with the new one fast approaching, it seems to me that it's a door waiting to be opened, and I can only see negative things coming out of it.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: I feel all depressed lately. Worst holiday season ever for me.

Joy: I'm donating all of the money I got for Christmas to my church to try and make up for what they lost. I don't need it, I'd only spend it on luxuries. My family at church is far more important than silly things like iTunes giftcards, books, and that kind of stuff.

Sorrow: I feel like saying something...but I promised this person that I'd keep my mouth shut, and I'm respecting his wishes. I'm not a bad person like that, and the thought of saying this makes me feel so guilty. But at the same time, I want to get back at him. But again, I know that's not right, and I feel horrible about even feeling or thinking about it. Such conflicting emotions right now...

Sorrow: My aunt got fired for no reason and her employer is denying her unemployment. She's on the verge of being evicted from her apartment, and there's nothing I can do to help her.

Sorrow: I'm stuck in another rut, depression-wise. Too much going on all at once. How much can one person bear to have happen to them and their family?

Sorrow: I feel very...bad. I just don't feel good. I feel like I'm a bad person. I'm looking back at this year, and only the things I did wrong are sticking out to me. That and the...horrible things that happened to me are even more prominent that those...

Sorrow: I don't know what to do right now. I'm terribly lonely, I feel so guilty, I'm an emotional wreck, and I just feel like such a bad person... I know I'm over reacting...but I just can't help it. I feel like everything in my life is going to all hell again. I don't get to see my psychiatrist for maybe another month, so I'm stuck feeling like this since I can't get an up in my anti-depressants.

Sorrow: I have no motivation for anything. I just want to curl up and sleep. I'm too upset to cry, and I'm too depressed to care. I just can't take anything else going wrong around me, and I just want to avoid anything that could hurt me more. I'm afraid right now. I'm afraid of what might happen next. It's been one thing after another this year, and with the new one fast approaching, it seems to me that it's a door waiting to be opened, and I can only see negative things coming out of it.
Sorrow: EVEN MORE AWFUL THINGS!
sorrow: now I'm sad :cry:
Joy: time heals all wounds.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: I feel like saying something...but I promised this person that I'd keep my mouth shut, and I'm respecting his wishes. I'm not a bad person like that, and the thought of saying this makes me feel so guilty. But at the same time, I want to get back at him. But again, I know that's not right, and I feel horrible about even feeling or thinking about it. Such conflicting emotions right now...
Honor your word, revenge is not a good motivation.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: just got laws christmas card. o uo Yay~
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

Joy: got an EPIC new shirt

Sorrow: I cant wear it in public or I'd get massacred. T.T
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: my younger sister is stronger than me.... I.... Don't know what to say
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sorrow: Well. Turns out it's now probably absolutely safe to say that: my previously already weakening relationship with my boyfriend is officially over. Nothing dramatic. He's just got no time to talk to me anymore in his overly busy life. :/ It's been like that for too long and just recently I've realized that it's completely and officially over and that there's no chance for it to work. For now. At least. There's still some possibility for it to work out later, much later. But at least it wasn't dramatic. That's a plus, too. It just leaves me feeling a bit sad.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

TensaZangetsu wrote:Sorrow: my younger sister is stronger than me.... I.... Don't know what to say
How is that a bad thing?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: Just listened to the whole album Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking From a Chalice Filled With the Laughter of Small Children.
Sent from my conifer.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yehoshua wrote:Joy: Just listened to the whole album Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking From a Chalice Filled With the Laughter of Small Children.
That is the best album name ever.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:
yehoshua wrote:Joy: Just listened to the whole album Riding a Black Unicorn Down the Side of an Erupting Volcano While Drinking From a Chalice Filled With the Laughter of Small Children.
That is the best album name ever.
he named it after a comment from a fan on youtube. Voltaire is awesome like that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: I have finally been able to watch Drake and Josh and The Amanda Show again. (Took you long enough, Nick.)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I liked those shows.

Sorrow: Nick still shows way too much live action.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Foxstar wrote:
TensaZangetsu wrote:Sorrow: my younger sister is stronger than me.... I.... Don't know what to say
How is that a bad thing?
Now she can beat me up if I bother her!
Joy: praise from big brother, and Brent about my drawings
I really appreciate it
I'd appreciate some criticism too
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@Mettlebird: I'm so sorry you're feeling depressed. :(

But look at that joy you put up--you're donating ALL the money you got for Christmas to your church to make up for what they lost? That is an EXTREMELY generous, kind, and loving deed, my friend! :D Especially since you know that they're more important than any luxuries you might spend it on. That is NOT something a bad person does, that's something you're doing VERY right! Chin up!

Likewise the fact that you know that it isn't right to get back at this person, and intend to respect his wishes by keeping your mouth shut. As long as keeping your mouth shut won't lead to even worse trouble--I can't know that without knowing the details and I don't want to know them, especially if keeping your mouth shut WON'T lead to worse trouble--better that you do keep your promise rather than "get back at him". That's another RIGHT thing to do!

And while I'm sorry for what happened to your aunt and your family, and wish there was something I could do, at least you care enough about them to wish you could do something.

Please try to take heart. You ARE a good person, and that post proves it. If you were a bad person you wouldn't care at all. Anyway, you don't know what the future will bring.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ChewyChewy wrote:@Mettlebird: I'm so sorry you're feeling depressed. :(

But look at that joy you put up--you're donating ALL the money you got for Christmas to your church to make up for what they lost? That is an EXTREMELY generous, kind, and loving deed, my friend! :D Especially since you know that they're more important than any luxuries you might spend it on. That is NOT something a bad person does, that's something you're doing VERY right! Chin up!

Likewise the fact that you know that it isn't right to get back at this person, and intend to respect his wishes by keeping your mouth shut. As long as keeping your mouth shut won't lead to even worse trouble--I can't know that without knowing the details and I don't want to know them, especially if keeping your mouth shut WON'T lead to worse trouble--better that you do keep your promise rather than "get back at him". That's another RIGHT thing to do!

And while I'm sorry for what happened to your aunt and your family, and wish there was something I could do, at least you care enough about them to wish you could do something.

Please try to take heart. You ARE a good person, and that post proves it. If you were a bad person you wouldn't care at all. Anyway, you don't know what the future will bring.
I agree with all of this. I can tell from this that you are a better person than I, Mettle. I would be willing to keep my mouth shut at the request of another, but I can't say the same of giving all of my money to my church if it got robbed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy:Friends decided to emulate epic meal time and create a pizza/hamburger/bacon monstrosity

sorrow:probably took a few years off my life with the sheer amount of food consumed today

joy:taking a late night walk across town for no apparent reason in about a half hour.
Last edited by Seth on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: writers block. My story has been postponed until I have a good idea
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy:ended up walking around with 3 of my friends all night and Spent about an hour and a half hanging out on my old elementary school's playground ******** about the world and having a theological discussion, great times.
and I got a slurpee, which was pretty much the best idea ever, nothin like a slurpee on a 30 degree night!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: My depression keeps getting worse... I'm going to need a lot of support through this, it's my worst one yet... I feel so hopeless and lost... I have no motivation to even get out of bed half the time... I feel so empty and broken... I'm getting into arguments with my parents because I can't handle the stress of even little things, and my nerves are all frayed... Nothing is fun, nothing is enjoyable, and nothing helps me get my mind off of it for long...

Sorrow: All the shows and movies on TV suck on weekdays. I can't even find a good show to get my mind off of how I feel.

Sorrow: I've begun stress eating. I'm probably going to ruin the twenty pounds I lost.

Sorrow: There was this adorable little kitten at the pet store that actually fell asleep in my arms and I really got attached to it. I really bonded with it, and it just seemed to be so comfortable with me, and we seemed like a match made in heaven. I couldn't buy it so I was a bit upset about that and it made me feel lonely even more than I already do.

Sorrow: It's sickening that it's so hard to find a family-friendly movie nowadays. I mean, what the heck? Everything PG-13 and up has to have a ton of risque things in it.

Sorrow: I've been having nightmares almost every night.

Sorrow: My anti-anxiety pill can cause depression, so I can't even take that to help with how I feel. If I take it I risk getting worse, and it has a possible side effect of suicidal thoughts and actions.

Sorrow: I seem to be focusing solely on the negative things going on, and I can't help it.

Sorrow: The new Legend of Zelda game has a mime-like guy in it. I'm terrified of mimes.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow:Can't seem to get my new years eve plans together and I'm beginning to think they'll fall through.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Tiggy wrote:Joy: just got laws christmas card. o uo Yay~
Same joy here :mrgreen:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sorrow: This thread has become exceedingly negative and may need to retire for a few weeks.

Joy: Today has been all right, and I get to have a nice, long walk tomorrow.

Joy: My copy of Solatorobo arrived today; it came with a soundtrack CD.

Joy: I managed to have a lot of fun at work and plan to keep this up for the rest of the day.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Mettlebird

Post by Mettlebird »

Joy: I drank this special herbal stress-relief tea, and I'm feeling significantly better.

Joy: I'm not so down right now, and I feel much, much better.

Sorrow: So sleepy...

Joy: My cat has a new nickname. Puddin,' because she's fat.

Sorrow: I'm unable to eat even a half of a plate full of food. Just not hungry anymore.

Joy: I'm going to drink more of that herbal tea tomorrow morning to get my day off to a hopefully better start than today's. Who knew that those herbal things actually worked this well?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow:most of the people I invited over for new years cancelled

joy:Still gonna have a crazy party.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I have been chatting with my friend whom just happens to be a girl.

Joy: She is coming back.
Sent from my conifer.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sorrow: It appears that Lucid Darkness has passed away. :( http://sirluciddarkness.deviantart.com/
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

IceKitsune wrote:Sorrow: It appears that Lucid Darkness has passed away. :( http://sirluciddarkness.deviantart.com/
Nothing is confirmed yet.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Regarding LucidDarkness, pending verification, I hereby ask that everyone refrain from discussing the situation. Should the report be accurate, we will not interfere in forum-appropriate mourning. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

- Dissension
RancidRabbit

Post by RancidRabbit »

Sorrow: Whelp, just helped my friend move out of his ex's apartment. He's going back to Houston now to finish college. What a way to start the new year!

Joy: Tis a new year for whatever it is I want to do! I can do just about anything! I can be a football player, or a king! OR AN ASTRONAUT IN SPACE! or a football-playing-king-in-space. Okay, maybe not that, but I'm definitely up for something. Brain has been needing some sort of ending and won't stop making them up until I finish what I'm already doing. Hopefully I can get it down today!
"Rancid - its like a wine or cheese." "Or like roadkill!" ".....or like roadkill...."
Not a dead wizard