Re: 2016/05/16 - The Third

Post by Saturn381 »

Seeing baby Keene is just too cute!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Oh look at my feelings ... yep they´re here
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

This is honestly my favorite strip so far. We're so used to seeing Keene as this meancing figure of power, towering above others and being in charge, to suddenly see him as a child running into his mother's arms, as if returning home from a long trip.

Well done Rick, you have earned more praise!
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Was I the only one who thought it was Kitsune that was gonna be The Third? (Welp, there's still one left. Fingers crossed...)

But regardless, Baby Keene is so adorable! :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry, I...*wipes tears* this is a truly EmotionMoment(TM)...*sniffle*
Oh my, Keene *is* young, even moreso than usual
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

Baby Keene recounting his life story to his mother in heaven? It's too cute, i-i-it's disgusting!
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Curiouser and curiouser.
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There is one thing that kinda concerns me in this strip. I do mention it.

Time now for tales of future past
as Keene arrives at Mom's table;
He's got to be quick and oh, so fast
telling the tale whilst he's able..
She keeps a nice place, his mum,
Quiet and clean and homely;
but why did he have so far to come?
That place looks windswept and lonely.
Back as a child in the moment,
just how she remembers him;
This is where he feels no torment;
this is where it's grin, not grim.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WishIWasHearEarlier

Post by WishIWasHearEarlier »

From the beginning of this story arc, many of the readers assumed that Keene would meet up with Mr. Milton. While that may of been an interesting scenario, this is just more touching.

I truly have a lot respect for you, Rick. Keep up with the good work.
lf you noticed a spelling or grammar error in one of my post, please notify me and l'll fix it as soon as l can.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

All the feels, man.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Nameless coyote

Post by Nameless coyote »

...how am I supposed to proceed with the day after direct exposure to such amount of cuteness?
What could possibly go wrong...?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Nameless coyote wrote:...how am I supposed to proceed with the day after direct exposure to such amount of cuteness?
with a big smile :mrgreen:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nameless coyote wrote:...how am I supposed to proceed with the day after direct exposure to such amount of cuteness?
Go outside, look up and go 'Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!' for about five minutes. That should do it. Or make your throat sore. Same result.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Going to heaven and meeting mom, looks like moms are always that One Person You Meet In Heaven.

This is really a touching moment, I love how Keene feeling like a cub after seeing his mom turns him into a cub >///<

An amazing strip in many ways!
rourkie

Post by rourkie »

Ahhhhh! All the feels.

I'm not ashamed to admit I cried.
--
"Some things are beyond the logic of our eyes and ears..."
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I'd comment on how cute and how well executed the symbolism of him feeling like a kid again when seeing his mother, but everyone else has already done it so I'll just go with the second thing that came to mind:

Wait, is there suddenly teletubbies in heaven? Oh wait it's his mom!... wait, Kenee's Mom is a teletubby??? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Has it not struck anyone else that, with Heaven being a totally happy place, Keene's mother seems to be living a bare, lonely, existence absolutely miles from anyone?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Maybe she likes being away from the noise?
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Now this is an amazing strip. The tone, symbolism and feels are incredible.
She even has a little hobbit hole and tea (I assume).
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Has it not struck anyone else that, with Heaven being a totally happy place, Keene's mother seems to be living a bare, lonely, existence absolutely miles from anyone?
Maybe she has felt lonely and upset about leaving her kids at such a young age so she decided to wait in solitude for the time that they could be a family again.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Mon May 16, 2016 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi Hi Pie
Frank

Post by Frank »

awww keene learned he can alter his appearance!

...what, you thought i was going to say "aww little kit keene"?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Random thought, but are all of the ferrets biological siblings, or is it a case of everyone else and it simply depends on their owner?
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

D-Rock wrote:Random thought, but are all of the ferrets biological siblings, or is it a case of everyone else and it simply depends on their owner?
I dont think so... But Keene called them "the others" for his mom, like she knows the rest of the ferrets, so if they are not biological siblings maybe they all come from the same pet store
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, he did say "the others", so it can be assumed that all of them where together before his mother died and they where adopted. And unless she took care of all of them just because they just so happened to be put in the same place wherever they where before being adopted, that's a pretty solid conformation that they're biological siblings :ugeek:
ImageImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

he does say "the others", but shouldn't he have said "we were adopted" if they were biological siblings? to let her know they weren't split up when adopted?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Is it just me, or did we (until now) never meet a father (figure) in heaven. They either live longer, or don't want to stay with their spouse at all (?). A bit strange, to be honest.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Ohhhhhh god the feels are hitting deep now....*sniffles*....So much feel....*howl/cry*
Argent

Post by Argent »

bjchan95 wrote:This is honestly my favorite strip so far. We're so used to seeing Keene as this menacing figure of power, towering above others
For imaginary values of "towering".
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Has it not struck anyone else that, with Heaven being a totally happy place, Keene's mother seems to be living a bare, lonely, existence absolutely miles from anyone?
She just had a feeling she ought to visit the old place, as one does when one is receiving subliminal messages from giant blue cosmic space whales.
Jakkal wrote:Is it just me, or did we (until now) never meet a father (figure) in heaven. They either live longer, or don't want to stay with their spouse at all (?). A bit strange, to be honest.
Marriage is a human thing. Some real-world species do form family groups, but by no means all, and it's been implied that HP species are similar in habit to their real-world counterparts.

Edit: ferrets can form close bonds, but these act like bonds between friends rather than mates.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Argent wrote:
bjchan95 wrote:This is honestly my favorite strip so far. We're so used to seeing Keene as this menacing figure of power, towering above others
For imaginary values of "towering".
She just had a feeling she ought to visit the old place, as one does when one is receiving subliminal messages from giant blue cosmic space whales.
Jakkal wrote:Is it just me, or did we (until now) never meet a father (figure) in heaven. They either live longer, or don't want to stay with their spouse at all (?). A bit strange, to be honest.
Marriage is a human thing. Some real-world species do form family groups, but by no means all, and it's been implied that HP species are similar in habit to their real-world counterparts.

Edit: ferrets can form close bonds, but these act like bonds between friends rather than mates.
still, we just met only mothers, never fathers.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Aww this is super adorable, glad to see he got to see his mom again.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

Tiny Keene is so freakin' adorable!

I think my heart just stopped from the sheer cuteness.
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
Jammy

Post by Jammy »

My first thought was 'oh my, Keene's mum is huge', then I noticed that Keene himself was looking considerably cuter than normal at which point I realised that he appears to have turned into a kit on seeing his mummy.
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

To be honest, if I had a home in Heaven, I'd actually have it somewhere like that. I think it's beautiful. Besides, it's not exactly like "miles" matter in Heaven. I mean one instant Keene was next to Cerberus and then he was there. She could just as easily pop between where her house is and the 'main' area whenever she wants.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:he does say "the others", but shouldn't he have said "we were adopted" if they were biological siblings? to let her know they weren't split up when adopted?
He's also become a kit again so it could be his speech patterns have reverted to back when he was younger.
That could be coming up. It's unlikely Keene and his siblings ever knew their biological father, so it's possible that Mr. Milton will show up - if, er, he made it. There's also other possibilities. It seems the figures so far have been The Lover, The Guide, and The Mother.
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Maybe it's because most people have the desire to meet their mother again? I think since heaven is a happy place where you can do what you want it would make sense. Also I'm not sure if ferret males help raising their children, so maybe Keene never met his dad and because of that he doesn't have the desire to see him. Keene even said that he missed his mom in this strip, so my thought he came to this remoted place where she 'lives' not because he accidently went there, but because in his subconsciousness he really wanted to see her.
In the strip where Fox and King also met her moms, Fox said it feels like he is in the barn where he was born. So it could be Heaven gives everyone a desire like that.
That's just my guess.

That now said:
DDDAAAWWWW LOOK AT CUTE LITTLE KID KEENE :mrgreen:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Jakkal wrote:still, we just met only mothers, never fathers.
Which is kind of expected for domestic animals or for wild species that don't form long-term breeding pairs.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

...*sniff* That is heartwarming...and Huzzah baby Keene! A Heartwarming time is the best time, and We've knocked off three of the four...One left. Suspense is in the air I'd say.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Cute Keene is cute - confused the heck out of me, though, until I remembered people can change form at will.

Something tells me we're going to see Keene's father. Just because his mom is the first thing Keene sees doesn't mean his father isn't there - he could also be out.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Let's continue the spam with d'aawwwww cute kit Keene :D
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

*looks back*

...I think Fox turned into a pup when he saw his Mom, too. I didn't notice before, but his sizing compared to King does shift somewhat when his Mom appears.

;_;
Frank

Post by Frank »

Jakkal wrote:
Argent wrote:
still, we just met only mothers, never fathers.
So far we've seen 3 such encounters. Is this a representative sample?

About 20 billion people have lived and died -- quite a bit more if we include all fuzzy things. To be able to assert everyone is only interested in their mother and not their father, we'd need to see over 100,000 samples

Let's supposed you only care about the in-comic characters. According to the Housepets! wikia there have been 65 named characters. A representative sample of that is about 8

So, no, we can't conclude anything from these 3 encounters. At least 5 more characters need to "die"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010