Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Athlon2736

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Athlon2736 »

Jackson was curious too, but kept queit.
"Thats piano looked alittle heavy, but I know I wouldn't be able to do that..." He said, barely loud enough for Liz to hear him.
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome looked out of the window, and saw the massive crowd. He felt quite intimidated so he stayed where he was. His dad was doing push-ups on the floor...next to a box of half-eaten pizza. Awesome went back to his room, with a glass of water. He put it on the table and lied down on his bed. He began fiddling with his collar while thinking about his dad's friend and his cat. He didn't know what to expect, so instead had a small nap.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"I know I wouldn't be able to lift it an inch!" Liz joked loudly, "But does this mean no roof party?" She asked.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Lucky had been on the swings crying for awhile, he didn't hide his tears because noone was there. Eventually he just got off the swings and wipes the dust off of the one beside his as if his brother had been sitting there the whole time.

As he was walking out of the dog park he saw something out of the corner of his eye. As he looked over he saw Beta over by the tree, not wanting to be seen crying, Lucky quickly jumped behind a nearby tree trying not to make a noise. But his foot slipped and broke a twig that was on the ground nearby.
He knew Beta had to have heard that, but he hoped he didn't.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

"Sebastian.", he said with a cheery smile, as if trying to counter-balance Vanilla's tone. He looked back to Honey, seemed to think before answering, but ultimately just shrugged his shoulders. "It's going alright. I was getting kind of bored at home, so I figured I'd take a walk... Dahlia was talking about growing flowers out of corn, which really wasn't as interesting as you might think." Though unaware of the mistake between 'corm' and 'corn', the basic message was still there. "Anyway, how about you?"
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:"Sebastian.", he said with a cheery smile, as if trying to counter-balance Vanilla's tone. He looked back to Honey, seemed to think before answering, but ultimately just shrugged his shoulders. "It's going alright. I was getting kind of bored at home, so I figured I'd take a walk... Dahlia was talking about growing flowers out of corn, which really wasn't as interesting as you might think." Though unaware of the mistake between 'corm' and 'corn', the basic message was still there. "Anyway, how about you?"
"Okay, I guess," said Honey. "So we have a wolf for a neighbor now, huh? He's BIG. And STRONG, too--he lifted me up off the ground! But he was gentle, I never once felt like he would have hurt me."

Vanilla sighed.

"So where are you headed?" said Honey.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Sebastian nodded his head in agreement. Though, he noted with a slight amusement how much detail Honey had taken in from such a short encounter. "Haha, yeah, Beta seems really nice. And he must be strong to move around a piano like that." He seemed to linger in thought at the piano again, but snapped back to the conversation with a blink. "I was thinking of heading to the park before I got stopped up, though. Either of you want to come along?", he asked, extending the invitation to the both of them in an attempt not to be rude.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Jackson smiled at Liz.
"Nope not anymore apparently. Come on lets go in side," He nuzzled her softly and led her inside.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:Sebastian nodded his head in agreement. Though, he noted with a slight amusement how much detail Honey had taken in from such a short encounter. "Haha, yeah, Beta seems really nice. And he must be strong to move around a piano like that." He seemed to linger in thought at the piano again, but snapped back to the conversation with a blink. "I was thinking of heading to the park before I got stopped up, though. Either of you want to come along?", he asked, extending the invitation to the both of them in an attempt not to be rude.
Vanilla sighed. "I don't, but if Honey wants to go, I will come along."

Honey smiled sympathetically. "We don't have to be there that long--just to get out of the house a little," she said. "Maybe you'll enjoy it."

Vanilla said nothing, except "The sooner we go, the sooner we go home."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max saw that the others were leaving, "Everyone, may I have your attention! I am going to start up a new club for the neighborhood dogs. It'll be a place where we can hang out, have fun, and take care of any problems. What do you all think?" He said aloud for the others to hear.
----------
"Okay!" Liz said as she walked inside with Jackson, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asked, when they entered the kitchen.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max saw that the others were leaving, "Everyone, may I have your attention! I am going to start up a new club for the neighborhood dogs. It'll be a place where we can hang out, have fun, and take care of any problems. What do you all think?" He said aloud for the others to hear.
----------
"Okay!" Liz said as she walked inside with Jackson, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?" She asked, when they entered the kitchen.
"That sounds exciting!" said Honey, stopping only to turn and listen. "But would it be just dogs, or can other species come too?"

"Not interested," said Vanilla. "But I won't stand in your way if you want to do it." She left it open-ended as to who she meant by "you."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Max nodded at Vanilla's answer. He thought for a second, "Well, it wouldn't make sense to discriminate, so yeah! All pets are welcome. I found an old cabin in the woods where we can hold the meetings. We just need to pitch in together to make it great!" Max said, inspirationaly.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded at Vanilla's answer. He thought for a second, "Well, it wouldn't make sense to discriminate, so yeah! All pets are welcome. I found an old cabin in the woods where we can hold the meetings. We just need to pitch in together to make it great!" Max said, inspirationaly.
"In the woods...?" said Honey, a little uncertain now. "That far away from civilization?" Ironically she would have been excited at the prospect when she first moved in, but now she was a little disturbed.

"Where the ghosts and witches are," said Vanilla sarcastically. "Make sure to bring video cameras to document it, and maybe they'll find your footage and make it into a horror movie."
PF chars

--Phoenix

Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Sebastian had nodded in agreement with Honey-- even if not for long, he was certain that getting out and enjoying the day couldn't hurt; not to mention it would mean company on the way. He thought it was a bit strange how Vanilla had so much confidence in her sister's decision, despite them being so different from one another, though. Then again, maybe 'confidence' wasn't the right word... But, with a nice day lying in wait, he didn't linger on symantics, especially in his own mind.

When Max called out, Seb turned to look along as well. "That's a cool idea. Hanging out and having fun sounds, well... Fun! Maybe not the problems part, but everyone needs help, now and then.", he said with a nod. But at Vanilla's mention of ghosts and witches, he looked a bit surprised. "... Why would you want to do that? It sounds like a horrible idea to me." It wasn't clear whether he meant the actual movie or the premise itself as horrible-- quite possibly both.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"Well actually, the cabin is barely off the main trail." Max told them.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vanilla gave Sebastian a look that indicated she expected no more than the response he'd given her.

"If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm," she said. "I was referring to the quote-unquote 'film' called The Blair Witch Project."

"Some of us like that film," said Honey.

"Some also like red onions," said Vanilla. "That doesn't mean it isn't folly."

Honey decided to continue on toward the park with Vanilla and Sebastian without addressing her sister's words. She felt that at least one could do with some problem solving. She was just concerned, because she knew that if Zack joined, Vanilla wouldn't. And if all species were welcome, then potentially Zappa could as well. Perhaps even Drake. And that would be more of a turn-off to Vanilla. She didn't want to hope they wouldn't join, because they needed problem solving too, but she didn't want to force any more torture on her sister.

When Honey heard Max's words, she said, "Too bad. I was kind of hoping for a Stephen King-ish adventure." She wasn't serious, but was trying to ease her own tension.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

When the others went off to the park, Max turned back to Winter, "Sorry about all that." He joked, smiling.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Though he thought of saying 'No' to whether or not he could tell, Sebastian thought better of it. Was it even sarcasm if you admitted it was sarcasm? ... Another question he thought better than to ask. He did nod in agreement to Vanilla's sentiment about the onions, however. "Red onions are far too... Strong, for my tastes." He thought for a second about the idea of biting into an onion like that, before adding, "Though, anyone who would eat a red onion on it's own would probably have strange taste in food to start with."
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:Though he thought of saying 'No' to whether or not he could tell, Sebastian thought better of it. Was it even sarcasm if you admitted it was sarcasm? ... Another question he thought better than to ask. He did nod in agreement to Vanilla's sentiment about the onions, however. "Red onions are far too... Strong, for my tastes." He thought for a second about the idea of biting into an onion like that, before adding, "Though, anyone who would eat a red onion on it's own would probably have strange taste in food to start with."
"Finally a sensible response," said Vanilla, as she could tell he wasn't just being agreeable for its own sake.

"I think we're getting close to the park now, aren't we?" said Honey. "See, this is nice, just walking, and talking, shooting the breeze...."

Vanilla sighed, but gave no other acknowledgment. Okay, so it wasn't horrible.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Although the 'finally' clearly implied not having been sensible before, Sebastian took it as a complement none the less. At Honey mentioning nearing the park, Seb raised a paw to shield his eyes from the sun. While not technically a necessary gesture weather-wise, it always seemed the 'traveling' sort of thing to do. "... Yep! Right ahead.", he chirped. "You're right, though. It's good to have a walk with company... Let the breeze be shot, if it must!"

As he crossed the threshold into the park, Seb paused. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply in and out, taking in the sounds. Finally, he said "It's a good day to be outside, that's for sure."
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:Although the 'finally' clearly implied not having been sensible before, Sebastian took it as a complement none the less. At Honey mentioning nearing the park, Seb raised a paw to shield his eyes from the sun. While not technically a necessary gesture weather-wise, it always seemed the 'traveling' sort of thing to do. "... Yep! Right ahead.", he chirped. "You're right, though. It's good to have a walk with company... Let the breeze be shot, if it must!"

As he crossed the threshold into the park, Seb paused. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply in and out, taking in the sounds. Finally, he said "It's a good day to be outside, that's for sure."
"Better be careful, though--this is disputed territory," said Honey. "The Arigado Clan might have snipers stationed here."

She cocked her finger as though holding a pistol. "We'd better be cautious."

Vanilla rolled her eyes. Being cautious was a good idea, but Honey was making too light of it. It was one thing doing this at home, but here?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Zack_the_husky wrote:"Why either Kasshyyk or Muunilist?"
Zappa shrugged.
"Its really up to you... Your fight a Mando Jedi knight... you best take all the advantages you can get," Zappa said. He relaxed and took a mediative stance.

"Well maybe some orange juice. Shall we watch a movie..." he said picking her up half way across the kitchen. He nuzzled her nose and chuckled softly.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Liz giggled as Jackson picked her up, "Okay! What do you wanna watch? An Action? A Comedy? A Horror? A Romance? A Romantic Comedy? A Romantic Horror? A Romantic Action? Not a documentary. Max watches those, and they're boring. And not a Romantic Documentary, that'd be weird..."
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

"You choose... I chose last time," he said kissing her on the nose.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

"The... Arigado Clan?" At first uncertain of what Honey was talking about, and half expecting to see an actual sniper somewhere in the quiet park, Sebastian picked up on what she meant when she raised her finger. "Oh! Ah... The fiends!" With a mock-serious expression, he added, "There's no honor in fighting in... Or over... A place like this."
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Liz kissed Jackson back on the nose. She thought for a second and asked, "Do you like the Beatles?"
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Jackson nodded.
"Who doesn't?" he asked scaracticly. He lowered her back down and followed her now.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vadiant wrote:"The... Arigado Clan?" At first uncertain of what Honey was talking about, and half expecting to see an actual sniper somewhere in the quiet park, Sebastian picked up on what she meant when she raised her finger. "Oh! Ah... The fiends!" With a mock-serious expression, he added, "There's no honor in fighting in... Or over... A place like this."
"As far as they're concerned, there is no higher honor," said Honey. "They would rather die than give it up. We must be extra cautious. Thank goodness we have an assassin for hire here," she added, indicating Vanilla.

Vanilla groaned. She REALLY didn't want to play this, not here.

Honey tiptoed a few steps away from the others, then hid behind a bush, motioning for the other two to follow. Vanilla did, but made no indication of trying not to be seen.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Beta could hear other voices now. He could hear movement in the park. He knew other pets must be around. He knew someone would eventually find him. He didn't care. He just kept weeping from his horrible memories.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bollythewolf wrote:Beta could hear other voices now. He could hear movement in the park. He knew other pets must be around. He knew someone would eventually find him. He didn't care. He just kept weeping from his horrible memories.
Honey heard Beta crying. Stopping the game, she slowly came out and walked in the direction of the crying. Vanilla followed, but at a distance.

Eventually Honey found Beta and gasped. Beta was the one who was crying? It didn't occur to her that he was the type TO cry.

She was torn between trying to comfort him, and not embarrassing him by letting him know she'd seen him--maybe his pride would be hurt if she saw him crying. She hid herself, but continued to keep an eye on him.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Sebastian followed after Honey in his best secretive walk-- which, in all honesty, was more conspicuous than if he's just walked normally, but still. He looked curiously at Vanilla as the 'assassin', with a cocked eyebrow-- an interesting role, despite her not seeming too into it, herself.

He was about to say something, when the sound of crying reached his ears as well. Now moving stealthily for real, he followed behind the sisters, and looked on to see Beta, from a few paces behind Vanilla. 'Is he okay?', he mouthed, as if expecting an answer beyond the obvious.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Beta's ears pricked up. He had heard someone gasp, and from the tone of voice...Honey? Is that you?
He turned around and say Honey's nose poking out of a nearby bush. Oh Honey...I need someone to... and he just kept crying. He knelt down to Honey's height and leaned onto her shoulder. And still he kept crying.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bollythewolf wrote:Beta's ears pricked up. He had heard someone gasp, and from the tone of voice...Honey? Is that you?
He turned around and say Honey's nose poking out of a nearby bush. Oh Honey...I need someone to... and he just kept crying. He knelt down to Honey's height and leaned onto her shoulder. And still he kept crying.
Honey said nothing. She just put her arms around him and gently hugged him, as though he were an (albeit enormous) infant.

She didn't know what he could possibly have to cry about, although she might speculate--but that was risky because what if she turned out to be wrong? But it didn't matter--he was crying, and she was only glad he wasn't embarrassed at her seeing him in this way. From her first encounter with him she considered it a definite possibility that he might be too macho for that.

But he wasn't--and he seemed willing to accept her shoulder to cry on, despite having just met.

Vanilla kept herself hidden--her green coat and brown fur blended well, and she was better than her sister at being inconspicuous. The wolf still intimidated her, and this did nothing to change that. In fact, in a way, it was worse.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Beta started to calm down. He looked Honed in her eyes. I've got a whole lot of stuff that I need to get off my chest. Are you a good listener?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bollythewolf wrote:Beta started to calm down. He looked Honed in her eyes. I've got a whole lot of stuff that I need to get off my chest. Are you a good listener?
"I've been told I am," said Honey, trying to introduce something in the way of levity as well as keeping modest. He didn't need to know who had told her she was, or why. "What is it?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Beta had stopped crying by this point. He knew that this was all happening very suddenly, but he also knew that if he didn't get this off of his chest now then it would stay there for a long time, and things would just get worse.
Well, said Beta, it was something that Lucky asked me that started this all off...something about...siblings...hang on a moment.

Beta definitely knew that he had heard other noises apart from Honey, but up until then he hadn't seen anyone else. That was until he caught sight of the very dog he had just mentioned. At first he had just seen a flash of grey. But he knew that there was a dog there.
Lucky? Is that you? Beta walked over to where he thought Lucky was, and he indeed found Lucky, behind a tree.
Lucky...don't take what I've just said the wrong way. I need someone to tell my story to, and I think it's only fitting that you should listen.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Lucky turned his head quickly the opposite direction and wiped some tears from his face.
"Wha- What is it?"

[Going to school. see yall later :D]

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Lucky...don't try to hide the tears. I might not be the most perceptive wolf in the world, but I know that there's something troubling you, as there is me, and I'm pretty sure that...there was a reason why you asked me if I had any siblings.

Beta sat down in front of Lucky. Now when you asked me about siblings, I...remembered my time as a cub...I tried to hide it at the time, but those memories troubled me, Lucky. I'm not blaming you for this, but it's clear that you've been trying to hide something as well. I...hate seeing...anyone cry...*sniff*... Beta tries to speak, but as he does so, his eyes fill with tears again ...but sometimes we just can't help it. I want to help you, Lucky. And I want you to help me. But the only way that will happen is if you turn your head back and let me help.

And the question is, Lucky...will you do that?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Athlon2736 wrote:Jackson nodded.
"Who doesn't?" he asked scaracticly. He lowered her back down and followed her now.
"This is one of my favorite movies!" She said as she ran upstairs. Within seconds she was back down, and holding the dvd case for 'Across the Universe', "Do you wanna watch this one?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Lucky heard how Beta spoke, and he could tell that he was being sincere about this.
He turned his head back toward him.
Lucky wrapped his arms around Beta. "Its *sniff* all my fault!" Lucky started crying harder, squeezing Beta tighter.

-Robert Louis Stevenson