Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Art Thread

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna say he looks really adorable but I don't want to get in trouble since I know that he is a representation of you. I like the picture a lot though I will say!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Some great images D-Rock, good pallets and textures! Had a go at sketching one of Welsh Halfwits characters (thanks for allowing me to attempt it), Commander Aldair Hawle of the U.S.C Loper, tried a slightly different style, not entirely happy with it to be honest but figured since I've drawn it now I'd let you all have a look, any comments appreciated as always, WH, if I've got any details wrong let me know. May redo some time.
Commander Hawle a.jpg
Commander Hawle a.jpg (109.82 KiB) Viewed 4148 times

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 pm I wanna say he looks really adorable but I don't want to get in trouble since I know that he is a representation of you. I like the picture a lot though I will say!
Love the colors!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that is the first time that I ever saw Hawle that big since he was usually small (around the size of say a...Pekingese ;) ) but he looks really nice! Wonderful work!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looking great, DDeer!

More Discord prompts.
BA97D42A-35BC-4B87-B65F-557E28EFA185.jpeg
BA97D42A-35BC-4B87-B65F-557E28EFA185.jpeg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
Mirage and Ermina playing around with the portal gun. They may have no need of any human technology, but they like to have fun with things, nevertheless.
BA230F51-CBC3-4629-9A55-87F61F319793.jpeg
BA230F51-CBC3-4629-9A55-87F61F319793.jpeg (185.89 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
And a katana battle between Mirage and Macabre. Figured I’d come up with some new lore while I was at it. Despite this, neither have a preference for the blade, but doesn’t hurt to be familiar with it.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awesome work on both pictures by the way! Though I have to admit I originally though Ermina was Sickle at first since I took a brief glance at the picture.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Pretty cool work Ddeer. It's always fun to try drawing in a different style. "Engage!"
Nice drawings too, D-Rock. Glados digitally smiles at such mayhem, Mirage. I hear Duel of the Fates when looking at Mirage sword fighting Macabre.

I felt like drawing Arezzo again in his beast form. Here, he's almost done finishing off a legion of demons that transformed from pitchforks (and vaguely resemble Eudoant). As time goes on, he finds that the transformation is triggering more and more easily. But such power does not come without side effects...
Attachments
Arezzo_vs_Demons.jpg
Arezzo_vs_Demons.jpg (64.34 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Power can come at a cost. Perhaps the intrinsic nature of his father is beginning to show itself.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that he can somehow reign himself in and remind himself he shouldn't want to make his father proud at all. He trapped him in a glob of black licorice jello after all.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:14 pm I think that is the first time that I ever saw Hawle that big since he was usually small (around the size of say a...Pekingese ;) ) but he looks really nice! Wonderful work!
Good point, wasn't sure on his size when I drew him.

Thanks Dryideabat, like how you manage to make your drawings so 3d, something I need to work on.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Actually, something that might have been understated or difficult to piece together (given how stupidly long it took for me to finish the Homer arc) is that Homer was telling the truth. Before they became demigods, they accidentally crossed into an archdemon realm that Bahamut had closed-off and wiped from his memory. As part of a pact/wager, Bahamut had allowed the denizens to exercise their neigh limitless power without scrutiny.

Homer had eaten the fruit from this land and gained some of this power. However, as time went on, Homer began to hear voices and later discovered through Pete (who did not erase his memory) that he had become connected to the archdemons. It was part of a causality loop, in that the archdemons had cheated (by allowing a secret/convoluted method of entering their realm) because Pete did not follow-though with his part of the pact, while Pete did not erase his memory because he foresaw treachery.

Long story short, Arezzo inherited quite a bit from his papas. Perhaps I'll make a short prequel elaborating more on the archdemons and their deal with Bahamut.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That would indeed help.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dryideabat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:09 pm Actually, something that might have been understated or difficult to piece together (given how stupidly long it took for me to finish the Homer arc) is that Homer was telling the truth. Before they became demigods, they accidentally crossed into an archdemon realm that Bahamut had closed-off and wiped from his memory. As part of a pact/wager, Bahamut had allowed the denizens to exercise their neigh limitless power without scrutiny.

Homer had eaten the fruit from this land and gained some of this power. However, as time went on, Homer began to hear voices and later discovered through Pete (who did not erase his memory) that he had become connected to the archdemons. It was part of a causality loop, in that the archdemons had cheated (by allowing a secret/convoluted method of entering their realm) because Pete did not follow-though with his part of the pact, while Pete did not erase his memory because he foresaw treachery.

Long story short, Arezzo inherited quite a bit from his papas. Perhaps I'll make a short prequel elaborating more on the archdemons and their deal with Bahamut.
Delighted to see you drawing and writing again, Bat. Celestial-Infernal "relations" are always a fascinating theme, have been since the ancients.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I definitely would be very interested in seeing more about Homer and Arezzo's histories also!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Is it cliche to give my kangaroo character gloves for weapons? Yes, but I don’t care. :P

Boxing Gloves - Arin was never into combat, though living as a wild kangaroo, he did get good at it. When the idea of giving things a try came up, he opted for these, as they fit his already existing skills perfectly.
Combat Gloves - A form-fitting set, Arin quite liked the additional dexterity these gloves offered.
Royal Blades - A strange set. Despite the additional offensive prowess these offered, their overall design was uncomfortable and unwieldy. Origin is unknown.
Cactus Fists - A brutal set capable of much harm to their intended target. Even with the non-fatal safeguards in tournaments, Arin does not like using these. What horrified him more is the fact that these were mortal-made.
Grand Quartz - A failed attempt at an imbued Celestial artifact. The one who made it simply gave it to Arin. It is incredibly durable, but it’s weight makes it difficult to wield.
Dove’s Talons - an unknown entity gave these to Arin, warning him that these should only be wielded when a great threat from the Infernal Realms appeared to him. It was also requested that Macabre would not be made aware of the existence of these weapons until that time. While a dark aura emanates from this set, it does not appear to have any negative impact. The time to wield it came when Lilith arrived when Arin was alone, to which this set proved invaluable in fending her off.
Regal Fists - A unique Celestial artifact, these are specially made gloves that do not inhibit the wielder in any way, allowing the same dexterity as not wearing gloves at all.
Attachments
1B1F156C-DA1D-4426-9C48-6006DA775A91.jpeg
1B1F156C-DA1D-4426-9C48-6006DA775A91.jpeg (165.77 KiB) Viewed 4029 times
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Thank Rick for doing this request for Jon Talbain. :3

and thank Federick for the coloring. <3
Attachments
JonTalbainincolorRG.jpg
JonTalbainincolorRG.jpg (164.73 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I like how both of the pictures that were posted had come out! They are so gorgeous to look at!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Um .......... WOW! 8-)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sketched up some weapons in my boredom, I’m actually not sure if I want to finish them.
Attachments
FBFC5668-C237-4962-B3C4-3CC59C41C881.jpeg
FBFC5668-C237-4962-B3C4-3CC59C41C881.jpeg (209.77 KiB) Viewed 3989 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nice little armory, though, even if you leave them as is.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The weapons really do look like they came out impressively! Wonderful work as always Rocky!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks. Got the set lined, but don’t think I want to color them. However, I do plan on finishing those two short blades and make them part of Aria’s weapon set.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Once again they are all really beautiful! I am in awe of your drawing skills!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

They do look sharp. Oh ... yeah ... right ... of course they look sharp 'cause they're ... never mind.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just be very careful if you pick them up to look at them. They can easily cut you.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

All about proper safety. Thanks, y’all.

Here’s an old ask that I put off for quite a while.
So, this was actually my initial idea for his extendable ribs, but wasn’t sure I could catch it right, so previous attempts were just lengthening them. So decided that when he’s showing affection, they just lengthen. When he intends to use them as a weapon, they’re segmented.

And I can’t help but realize how weird he looks without his ribs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is another reason why it is a bad idea to **** off Macabre.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Indeed.

Also, got a new set, inspired by sai for Aria.
ariassai.png
ariassai.png (90.55 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Sai – A simple yet effective weapon. After trying a variety of weapons, Aria found that the sai fit her preferences the best.
Rib Piercer – Allegedly designed with ease of puncturing the heart. Not well-crafted, however, with its weight making it tricky to even wield normally.
Rolling Waves – An interesting take on a sai by an ambitious mortal. Handled mostly well, though the narrow hilt seemed to lose the blade-catching ability of a standard sai.
Demon Eye – During a visit to a mortal realm, Aria was ambushed by a demon hunter. Said hunter was obviously unskilled and unlearned, as the blade was never consecrated. Even if Aria hadn’t switched her loyalty away from the Infernal Realms, it wouldn’t have harmed her. She took the blade as a warning to the hunter, however.
Alraune – An Infernal artifact, once containing the soul of a vindictive mortal. Said mortal didn’t realize that this type of contract was permanent even after the deed of killing their rivals with it was done. After the soul was released from the weapon by Caleb, it was offered to Aria.
Star Catcher – Celestial artifact that Caleb had made as a gift to Aria. Incredibly light and has a brilliant shine with each swing.
Lullay – Made from the feather of a Celestial Songbird of the same name. Lullay became jealous that an Infernal had a more popular singing voice than she, so she challenged Aria to a contest to prove who was the best. It was a contest that Aria won easily. Humiliated, Lullay offered a boon of Aria’s choosing for winning, to which Aria chose one of her feathers. The feather was then forged into this blade by Nikolai. The blade makes a beautiful sound with each swing.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Impressive!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Good art as always everyone, good to see what you are all producing. Had another go at Hawle in my more usual style, happier with it now. character by Welsh Halfwit.
Hawle I.jpg
Hawle I.jpg (119.43 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Awesome job!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I have to agree with D. So much so that I'm copying to file.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow I really do like the way he came out when you drew him this time! Wonderful work!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Nice gift, GameCobra. Rick is great at drawing big bad wolfo's.

Macabre being awesome as usual. Those ribs are made for stabbing. And that is what they'll do... Oh wait, wrong song.

Can't go wrong with a basic Sai, but those other weapons look pretty sick. That Alraune and it's story are really cool. The design kind of reminds me of the Divine Rose keyblade from KH1, though I assume it's more based on Bayonetta (which I've never played, but heard about)?

Now that's a well-dressed commander, Ddeer. Look at the shine on those boots.

Here's a pseudo-WIP that I may put finishing touches on someday.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Beautiful work, Bat.

Well, I was thinking the Alraune found in Soul Calibur wielded by Ivy. That was a whip-sword, though.

Another ask.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thanks for the nice comments all, yeah, happy with the way the shiny boots came out, figured I'd try to make him look as dapper as possible. Like the pencil drawing bat, interesting soft technique and good depth to it.

Daunted
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Last of the current batch.
Attachments
D410E405-0A9B-458B-9E5E-248D32122603.jpeg
D410E405-0A9B-458B-9E5E-248D32122603.jpeg (188.96 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

DDeer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:38 am Thanks for the nice comments all, yeah, happy with the way the shiny boots came out, figured I'd try to make him look as dapper as possible. Like the pencil drawing bat, interesting soft technique and good depth to it.

Daunted
Thanks. :D Honestly, I wasn't too happy with the way my drawing came out, but at least I did it in somewhat reasonable time and can always tweak it later.

Sickle can dish it out but can't take it in.

And at least Caleb can wear shirts and sweaters by around winter. Makes me wonder if he ever has antler envy of some mortal stags with huge racks. :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very good work again to you three. ;) Your draw is particularly cute, Nicholas. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really great job on all three of the drawings you two even if I thought that Sickle was EATING the offending Celestial at first.

Now I really want to see Sickle accidentally pie himself just because but I won't ask it. Also I just realized I might have found something worse for him than Mirage eating him.