Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

DdeeStar

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather knew there was more on Mist's mind than that, but decided not to pry. "Heh. No kidding. Whoever we get to partner up with her will need to be tougher than nails. Anyway, why don't we rejoin the others?" Heather suggested.
Mist grins, hopping to his feet and pushing the chair in behind him. "Sure! I was hoping to bug Mr. Gregg anyway, he mentioned something interesting about his powers earlier and if I'm right I could really stand to learn something there." He quickly moves to the doorway, waiting for Heather.
=============
Hlaoroo wrote: "Hey, easy now." Lightfoot says, tapping a button to stop the machine and loosening the cuff as much as he can before it's deflated, which isn't an awful lot.
"It's just a blood pressure machine. Nothing to worry about, just a squeeze. What's the matter?" he asks as the cuff slowly deflates.
The supposed danger over, she holds herself in silence for a moment to let the panic pass, just watching him fix it. Once it seems to have passed she gives a careful response, voice tense. The spaces between the words are awkward as she tries to hold herself from shouting again. "I would really appreciate some warning before all of this. Having something slowly trying to crush me is not normally a good thing. Got it?" If this was only the first thing the doctor would do in multiple minutes of inspection, she's going to have to brace herself for an awful time.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"I see... Hang on." The officer cut himself off when he saw Elder trying to arrest the hunter and went to confront him about it. Meanwhile, a paramedic who accompanied the police took the child aside to examine for injuries. This left Wildfire free to try once more to speak with Mordecai. "I remember that day." He said, referring to when he saved Mordecai's grandfather. "I hesitated. I didn't want to use my powers in full view of the people around me. Your grandfather ended up getting hit as a result." Wildfire took a seat next to Mordecai. "My healing powers were stronger than the poison, so I was able to treat him. But still... I swore never to hesitate again."
Mordecai lifted his head up and, through his tear-filled eyes, looked at Wildfire, "My grandfather spoke of you when he came back, though he didn't mention your name as you never gave it to him...he said out of all the kaiju's he ever met...you were one the best ones he ever had the privilege of speaking to. Though you hesitated, your actions saved not only my grandfather, but the Tikbalang's most revered dignitary. If he would've died, we wouldn't be even talking with each other...I wouldn't even be here, to tell the truth..." he then stood up and looked over at the child, "When I first met you, I told you I didn't feel peace when I looked up at the sky but fear. But I see I was wrong...while I will never agree with how you operate here and how you see things, it's clear there is a reason for the fear. When people look up here, they don't fear that it could be their last day. They fear the day when you are no longer able to protect them," he turned back around then to look down at Wildfire, while stretching his hand out to him, "From the bottom of this Tikbalang's heart, thank you for saving my grandfather and our top dignitary...and sorry for how I am."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:The officer Ryan spoke to turned to him in surprise. "Ah! Oh. My apologies." the officer said, apparently shaking off the sight of whatever Elder was and regaining his composure. "You say you recognized him from a missing persons poster? Could you show me?"
"Sorry to have startled you. Sure, I can show you. This way." he answers, leading the officer the half a block to the bus stop.

~~~~~~~~
"Of course. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you." Lightfoot apologises smoothly.
"May I continue? It's important I check your blood pressure. I'd also like to listen to your chest with my stethoscope, if that's all right?" Wisely, the hare decides it's best to avoid the tiger's mouth, at least for now.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Maybe not thumbscrews, maybe the chair though. Probably couldn't cause much trouble while strapped to it? Or maybe laundry duty. Wouldn't want to be there for long," Gregg replied with a chuckle, closing the magazine and setting it to the side.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooh," Julian chuckled, "so you're into the design of fabrics, not the maintenance?" He nodded towards one of the soldiers. "So what would you do to improve the uniform?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Heavens no, I usually take my suits to a dry cleaner. I don't have that kind of equipment at home. Simple steamer just won't do either. Ahaha, I'm not much of a military uniform designer, but..." He took a second to glance over the soldier's uniform. "I'd vent the shoulder for better arm freedom. Personally, I'd take my uniform to a tailor so that it was sized for me. Maybe sew some light rubber cording at the base of the legs so they held in place better than whatever that is," he gestured to the bottom of the soldiers trousers. "Honestly it's not that bad, but it's more function over form whereas I tend to focus more on form that will see light daily use." He tilted his head back towards Julian with a playful grin on his face, "But I'd probably start by not buying clothes two sizes too big for me. I'm not going to question your style choice, but I can promise you that you'd look much better in something that actually fit you."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I mainly do this," Julian said, spreading his arms and gesturing downwards, "so people don't pay attention to me. Have you noticed that 'just off' fashion tends to make people look away?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'm no fashion designer, mostly because I can't stand some of the gaudy stuff they throw down those runways, but I do know that purposefully bad fashion is either very noticeable because it's making a statement, or because it looks like someone is trying too hard to look bad. If we're being honest here, you'd probably look less out of place if you just wore a casual logo T and jeans or cargo shorts that actually fit you. Then it would look like you were just out for the day instead of like you're trying to smuggle the whole electronics department under your shirt." Said as he pulled out a phone from his pocket and casually scrolled through a few websites before flipping the phone around to show Julian what he thought would be a better, more low key outfit. Most of the items looked like they could be bought from a thrift store.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ha," Julian replied, "I suppose I could take stuff in these pants. Not that I would, of course," he added for the soldier's benefit. "That's not a bad one," he continued, indicating a blue T-Shirt and jeans combo. "I could probably find something like that in my size."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote:Mist grins, hopping to his feet and pushing the chair in behind him. "Sure! I was hoping to bug Mr. Gregg anyway, he mentioned something interesting about his powers earlier and if I'm right I could really stand to learn something there." He quickly moves to the doorway, waiting for Heather.
Heather simply nodded, stood up, and followed Mist to the door. After that, she led the way back to the waiting room in front of Lightfoot's office.

------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sorry to have startled you. Sure, I can show you. This way." he answers, leading the officer the half a block to the bus stop.
The officer followed Ryan to the bench where the missing child poster was placed. The officer, who had not yet gotten a good look at the kid in question, started taking photos of the poster for later comparison. He glanced towards the restaurant where more police were already setting up the police line, and HAZMAT entered the building. "Thank you. I will send this to the other officers inside. In the meantime, I need to set up a perimeter. Don't want these gawkers walking all over the crime scene." He said, gesturing to the growing crowd of staring bystanders. "If you could go back inside for now, I'm sure Captain Ahab - yes, that is our captain's name - would like to ask you a few questions."

------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai lifted his head up and, through his tear-filled eyes, looked at Wildfire, "My grandfather spoke of you when he came back, though he didn't mention your name as you never gave it to him...he said out of all the kaiju's he ever met...you were one the best ones he ever had the privilege of speaking to. Though you hesitated, your actions saved not only my grandfather, but the Tikbalang's most revered dignitary. If he would've died, we wouldn't be even talking with each other...I wouldn't even be here, to tell the truth..." he then stood up and looked over at the child, "When I first met you, I told you I didn't feel peace when I looked up at the sky but fear. But I see I was wrong...while I will never agree with how you operate here and how you see things, it's clear there is a reason for the fear. When people look up here, they don't fear that it could be their last day. They fear the day when you are no longer able to protect them," he turned back around then to look down at Wildfire, while stretching his hand out to him, "From the bottom of this Tikbalang's heart, thank you for saving my grandfather and our top dignitary...and sorry for how I am."
The dragon smiled and accepted the hand. He stood up and gave Mordecai's hand a shake. "Apology accepted." He said. "And no need to thank me. It was my job to protect him. I wasn't going to just let him die."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Heather simply nodded, stood up, and followed Mist to the door. After that, she led the way back to the waiting room in front of Lightfoot's office.
Uncertain of quite what to do as he walks in on the two talking, he decides simply to avoid the issue and takes a seat further away, drawing his notebook out once more. He'd almost prefer this, at least he can't say anything embarrassing reading alone. And surely there'd be better times to ask about his powers.
Hlaoroo wrote: "Of course. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to alarm you." Lightfoot apologises smoothly.
"May I continue? It's important I check your blood pressure. I'd also like to listen to your chest with my stethoscope, if that's all right?" Wisely, the hare decides it's best to avoid the tiger's mouth, at least for now.
Tigress, mostly calmed by the doctor's skilled communication, hesitates before responding. She can't help but wonder if she'd misheard him. "I guess? Not sure what you want, it doesn't talk." This line, while practically expected was it Mist, isn't intended as a joke.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:The dragon smiled and accepted the hand. He stood up and gave Mordecai's hand a shake. "Apology accepted." He said. "And no need to thank me. It was my job to protect him. I wasn't going to just let him die."
A smile soon came over Mordecai's face again as they shook hands as he adds, "For that, we Tikbalang are grateful and in your debt," before looking over at the hunters and giant Kaiju and asking, "I'll probably regret this, but what's that...erm...H.P Lovecraft-looking thing gonna do with the hunters?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Exactly! We have to go shopping together sometime. I've been meaning to pick up a new casual outfit and we could definitely find something in your size." He gave a wave to Mist as he stepped back in from the interview. "So, how'd it go? Are you officially 'in' now?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah," Julian encouraged, "Come on over and tell us, Mist. And are you any good with fashions?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote:He gave a wave to Mist as he stepped back in from the interview. "So, how'd it go? Are you officially 'in' now?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Julian encouraged, "Come on over and tell us, Mist." [...]
Suddenly embarrassed for his failed attempt to not interrupt he stands, throwing the notebook into its pocket. He takes a step towards them with a shy smile, then pauses. He spins back around and lifts his chair up, placing it near the reception desk so it's opposite the two but not in the center of the walkway. He quickly pivots and sits, his tail flicking off sideways to curl under the left armrest. "Sorry, I don't want to, ah..." He looks at the ground between them and points back and forth from the hall to the doctor's office underhandedly "...stop anything." His attention flicks upwards to the two as he acknowledges the questioning, and he rubs the back of his neck with a shy smile. "It depends on whether or not I've got the mental capabilities, I guess. No more testing at least." Sure, she's basically said yes, but getting his hopes up won't help anyone, least of all himself. He wouldn't really know if he was mentally unfit, would he?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:[...]"And are you any good with fashions?"
He gives a single laugh as he gestures to his clothes. "If you're looking for me any other day, it's a pure grey t-shirt and blue jeans. All I know is if I wear black pants like these without this suit people freak out." Since the majority of his fur is black, if there's no direct lighting (or he's hiding in the back of the class) at first glance they look like part of his coat. "And solid black and white shirts tend to make people stare because it matches in some spots and not others." A good-natured shrug accompanies the line. "That's it. Why though?" He tilts his head.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Well congrats!" Gregg said enthusiastically, "Glad to hear that everything's going smooth as it can and I'm sure you have the mental capabilities to pass whatever tests they may have." He grinned when the fashion talk came up again though and flicked his eyes towards Julian with a small smirk, "Jules here is having a problem with wanting to blend in, but not dressing for it. We're thinking of going shopping some time. Would you care to join and maybe lend your fashion forward tips to someone as fashion-challenged as our dear Julian?" He grinned, really milking the whole designer stereotype.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And budgetly challenged," Julian added, nodding to the Colonel, "don't forget that, Gregg."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh please, just because I make high class suits, doesn't mean I live a high class lifestyle. Jeans and T shirts are still my go to daily wear if I'm not trying for a business casual look. Besides, shirts and jeans shouldn't run you more than 40 or so total for two pairs of each."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That's true," Julian admitted. "And Mist? Don't point out that you're nearly invisible when wearing black or they'll put you on night patrols(!)"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote:"Well congrats!" Gregg said enthusiastically, "Glad to hear that everything's going smooth as it can and I'm sure you have the mental capabilities to pass whatever tests they may have." He grinned when the fashion talk came up again though and flicked his eyes towards Julian with a small smirk, "Jules here is having a problem with wanting to blend in, but not dressing for it. We're thinking of going shopping some time. Would you care to join and maybe lend your fashion forward tips to someone as fashion-challenged as our dear Julian?" He grinned, really milking the whole designer stereotype.
Mist gives a small grin, enjoying the pair's friendliness. He starts to respond, then glances towards the doctor's office.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"And budgetly challenged," Julian added, nodding to the Colonel, "don't forget that, Gregg."
Deske wrote:"Oh please, just because I make high class suits, doesn't mean I live a high class lifestyle. Jeans and T shirts are still my go to daily wear if I'm not trying for a business casual look. Besides, shirts and jeans shouldn't run you more than 40 or so total for two pairs of each."
He switches back to the conversation, smiling broadly. He quietly chips in "That sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not sure if I'll actually get anything, but if nothing else some advice would be great. It's hard to find fitting clothes for me too." He fiddles with the overly long cape's edge, looking at it as he continues "Probably obvious why."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That's true," Julian admitted. "And Mist? Don't point out that you're nearly invisible when wearing black or they'll put you on night patrols(!)"
He looks back up, playfully responding "Well, I'm up anyway..."
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Fantastic," Gregg said with a clap of his hands, "it's settled then. We're going shopping. Eventually, but we'll do it. I'm sure we can find some clothes for you and if we can't, well I do have some extra fabric and I do so love custom work," he said with a large smile. "Before that though, I'm curious if reservists need to go through the same training as active duty members of the KDF. I know the other branches do, but I don't know if this one is as similar."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If only there was someone around we could ask," Julian said coyly, putting a clawtip to his lip and looking at Heather playfully.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Good question, but it doesn't seem like there's anyone here but us," Gregg followed along, playfully scanning the room, passing directly over Heather as if she wasn't there. "Odd, I could have sworn someone else was here..."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote:"Fantastic," Gregg said with a clap of his hands, "it's settled then. We're going shopping. Eventually, but we'll do it. I'm sure we can find some clothes for you and if we can't, well I do have some extra fabric and I do so love custom work," he said with a large smile.
"Oh, I couldn't ask that much..." He mutters, embarrassed.
Deske wrote:"Good question, but it doesn't seem like there's anyone here but us," Gregg followed along, playfully scanning the room, passing directly over Heather as if she wasn't there. "Odd, I could have sworn someone else was here..."
Mist's smile fades, switching to an awkward confusion as he watches the two adults joke together. Unsure of what exactly the joke is he opens his mouth to speak, then thinks better of it and just sits back, looking down at his lap.
All the characters!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:A smile soon came over Mordecai's face again as they shook hands as he adds, "For that, we Tikbalang are grateful and in your debt," before looking over at the hunters and giant Kaiju and asking, "I'll probably regret this, but what's that...erm...H.P Lovecraft-looking thing gonna do with the hunters?"
Wildfire glanced up at Elder for a moment, but didn't look long. Looking at Elder gave him a headache. "Hunters attacking Kaiju fall under the KDF's jurisdiction. It's not always clear what Elder's doing, and he can't talk so it's hard to ask. Honestly not even sure if he is a he. It looks like Elder is putting the hunters to sleep so we can take them to KDF headquarters without the risk of them fighting and getting someone hurt."

------------------------
Deske wrote:"Fantastic," Gregg said with a clap of his hands, "it's settled then. We're going shopping. Eventually, but we'll do it. I'm sure we can find some clothes for you and if we can't, well I do have some extra fabric and I do so love custom work," he said with a large smile. "Before that though, I'm curious if reservists need to go through the same training as active duty members of the KDF. I know the other branches do, but I don't know if this one is as similar."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If only there was someone around we could ask," Julian said coyly, putting a clawtip to his lip and looking at Heather playfully.
Deske wrote:"Good question, but it doesn't seem like there's anyone here but us," Gregg followed along, playfully scanning the room, passing directly over Heather as if she wasn't there. "Odd, I could have sworn someone else was here..."
Heather rolled her eyes at the joke and spoke up. "Reserve members do have to go through training." Heather said. "Have the two of you decided to apply?" Heather asked Gregg and Julian.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Wildfire glanced up at Elder for a moment, but didn't look long. Looking at Elder gave him a headache. "Hunters attacking Kaiju fall under the KDF's jurisdiction. It's not always clear what Elder's doing, and he can't talk so it's hard to ask. Honestly not even sure if he is a he. It looks like Elder is putting the hunters to sleep so we can take them to KDF headquarters without the risk of them fighting and getting someone hurt."
"Hm," Mordecai grunted as he too looked at Elder before shrugging, "Say uh...with tonight's meal was pretty much ruined by those hunters...I'm having a BBQ this weekend and I invited Ryan and his father to come to it in Thunder Bay. Would you like to come? I guarantee you'll love the food...and you already know my town's stance on hunters and kaijus so you'll be able to feel safe there."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, I'd apply for the motor pool," Julian remarked, "as it's not exactly safe for the people I work with to go back there now." He shrugged and grinned. "I doubt that's the reaction the hunter was going for, eh? A pacifist joining an army for security."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:The officer followed Ryan to the bench where the missing child poster was placed. The officer, who had not yet gotten a good look at the kid in question, started taking photos of the poster for later comparison. He glanced towards the restaurant where more police were already setting up the police line, and HAZMAT entered the building. "Thank you. I will send this to the other officers inside. In the meantime, I need to set up a perimeter. Don't want these gawkers walking all over the crime scene." He said, gesturing to the growing crowd of staring bystanders. "If you could go back inside for now, I'm sure Captain Ahab - yes, that is our captain's name - would like to ask you a few questions."
Ryan nods and heads back to the car park, hoping that's what the cop meant by his ambiguous statement.

~~~~~~~~
DdeeStar wrote:Tigress, mostly calmed by the doctor's skilled communication, hesitates before responding. She can't help but wonder if she'd misheard him. "I guess? Not sure what you want, it doesn't talk." This line, while practically expected was it Mist, isn't intended as a joke.
"It does in a way." Lightfoot explains, wrapping the cuff around the tiger's arm and starting the machine again.
"I can hear the sounds your heart makes as it beats and the sounds your lungs make as you breathe. They give me important clues as to how healthy you are." he continues, reaching for his stethoscope and plugging it into his ears.
"I'm just going to put this flat bit against your chest and I'll move it around a bit as you breathe, okay? All you have to do is sit still for me and take a few deep breaths, okay?" he says, waiting for Tigress' signal before continuing.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "It does in a way." Lightfoot explains, wrapping the cuff around the tiger's arm and starting the machine again.
"I can hear the sounds your heart makes as it beats and the sounds your lungs make as you breathe. They give me important clues as to how healthy you are." he continues, reaching for his stethoscope and plugging it into his ears.
"I'm just going to put this flat bit against your chest and I'll move it around a bit as you breathe, okay? All you have to do is sit still for me and take a few deep breaths, okay?" he says, waiting for Tigress' signal before continuing.
She looks at the stethoscope skeptically, trying to figure out if there was some part to it that would grant access to her lungs and heart. No energy is visible, so it's hard to see it against the doctor's own field. Giving up she nods her permission, unsure of whether he could still hear her, and stands rigidly in wait.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Sure, I'd be in for some of the more community service oriented projects," Gregg says. "A legal chance to stretch my legs and hopefully not get attacked for it sounds like a good deal to me."
Citrisfur

Crater City - Lyncus Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Foxfan2164 wrote:"Alright then, we could go tell him," Hyper said. "Do you remember where he was?" Hyper asked. "He was in the library but I'm not sure if he's still there now."
"Yep, library, last I checked." Lycnus stretches for a moment before taking a look around the park. "Feels like we've been here for ages." Taking a few steps towards the park's gate, she turns around to look back at Hyper. "Coming?"
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Foxfan2164

Re: Crater City - Lyncus Responds

Post by Foxfan2164 »

Citrisfur wrote:
Foxfan2164 wrote:"Alright then, we could go tell him," Hyper said. "Do you remember where he was?" Hyper asked. "He was in the library but I'm not sure if he's still there now."
"Yep, library, last I checked." Lycnus stretches for a moment before taking a look around the park. "Feels like we've been here for ages." Taking a few steps towards the park's gate, she turns around to look back at Hyper. "Coming?"
"Yep, I'm right behind you." Hyper said as he caught up to Lyncus. "Let's go."
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:"Hm," Mordecai grunted as he too looked at Elder before shrugging, "Say uh...with tonight's meal was pretty much ruined by those hunters...I'm having a BBQ this weekend and I invited Ryan and his father to come to it in Thunder Bay. Would you like to come? I guarantee you'll love the food...and you already know my town's stance on hunters and kaijus so you'll be able to feel safe there."
Wildfire smiled. "I would be happy to join you. I look forward to it."

Meanwhile, the eldritch horror that was Elder had put the Dingos to sleep, and was tying them together to make it easier to carry them. Once they were secure, Elder picked them all up in his rather thick, scaly arms.
Hlaoroo wrote:Ryan nods and heads back to the car park, hoping that's what the cop meant by his ambiguous statement.
It apparently was what the officer meant, as the police captain approached Ryan. The man was a massive Orca Zoomorph, nearly six and a half feet tall. "Hello. My name is Captain Ahab. I need to ask you a few questions about what happened. Can you tell me how all of this started?" he asked.

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, I'd apply for the motor pool," Julian remarked, "as it's not exactly safe for the people I work with to go back there now." He shrugged and grinned. "I doubt that's the reaction the hunter was going for, eh? A pacifist joining an army for security."
Deske wrote:"Sure, I'd be in for some of the more community service oriented projects," Gregg says. "A legal chance to stretch my legs and hopefully not get attacked for it sounds like a good deal to me."
Heather was seemingly prepared for this. She already had the paperwork in her hands by the time they were done talking. "Here's the application." she said, handing them out to Julian and Gregg. "Just make sure all information on it is accurate. If it's done quick enough, we might even be able to fit the interview in today."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:It apparently was what the officer meant, as the police captain approached Ryan. The man was a massive Orca Zoomorph, nearly six and a half feet tall. "Hello. My name is Captain Ahab. I need to ask you a few questions about what happened. Can you tell me how all of this started?" he asked.
"Sure, I'll do my best." Ryan promises.
"We ordered lunch and then Wildfire saw something, I don't know what exactly. It must have been this guy though." the sea otter begins, nudging the sleeping Hunter with a footpaw.
"He's the one that shot at us first and Wildfire blocked the dart with his arm and arrested him. That's when I called you guys. It caused a bit of a kerfuffle and those two ran out with the kid. We thought they were just a regular family at first until Wildfire checked the Hunter's phone and saw a message summoning backup. We ran outside, saw the kid on the poster and called for backup of our own, who arrived in the form of Elder. The Hunter directed us to the parking lot, those two tried to run us down in their car, Wildfire stopped them, Elder arrived and then you guys showed up. I think that's everything..."

~~~~~~~~
DdeeStar wrote:She looks at the stethoscope skeptically, trying to figure out if there was some part to it that would grant access to her lungs and heart. No energy is visible, so it's hard to see it against the doctor's own field. Giving up she nods her permission, unsure of whether he could still hear her, and stands rigidly in wait.
Lightfoot listens to Tigress' chest carefully and then notes down her blood pressure.
"Blood pressure and heart rate are up a bit but the beat is strong and steady and your lungs are clear. I'll put it down to White Coat Syndrome." he tells the tigress as he hangs his stethoscope around his neck again.
"Basically that means I freaked you out before so you're showing signs of stress." he explains more simply.
"Right. Shall we get you doing some stretches? Can you touch your toes without bending your knees, please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Julian said, picking up the pen he'd used earlier, "that would certainly save me on bus fare." he started filling in the form. "Might even apply for a licence if I get in."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Wildfire smiled. "I would be happy to join you. I look forward to it."

Meanwhile, the eldritch horror that was Elder had put the Dingos to sleep, and was tying them together to make it easier to carry them. Once they were secure, Elder picked them all up in his rather thick, scaly arms.
Mordecai smiled, same time being impressed with Elder's handling of the hunters, "OK, I'll have one of my chauffeur's pick up you then and I won't take no for an answer. Moving on, how's the child doing?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Lightfoot listens to Tigress' chest carefully and then notes down her blood pressure.
"Blood pressure and heart rate are up a bit but the beat is strong and steady and your lungs are clear. I'll put it down to White Coat Syndrome." he tells the tigress as he hangs his stethoscope around his neck again.
"Basically that means I freaked you out before so you're showing signs of stress." he explains more simply.
"Right. Shall we get you doing some stretches? Can you touch your toes without bending your knees, please?"
Tigress looks around, ensuring space, then steps back. Her arms go up, swinging in a measured outstretched circle and bending down as her arms fall, having no issue with the basic flexibility test. "Like this? Seems kinda easy for a physical test."
===========
CyberDragon wrote: Heather was seemingly prepared for this. She already had the paperwork in her hands by the time they were done talking. "Here's the application." she said, handing them out to Julian and Gregg. "Just make sure all information on it is accurate. If it's done quick enough, we might even be able to fit the interview in today."
Mist sits silently, watching the interaction with a shy smile. It'll be nice to have other people he knows there, even if they're older than his normal peer group. Not to mention, some part of him whispers treacherously, you're technically not the least useful in a fight.
All the characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Man, this is a lot easier than I thought it'd be," Gregg says as he takes the form and begins filling it out.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Julian said, picking up the pen he'd used earlier, "that would certainly save me on bus fare." he started filling in the form. "Might even apply for a licence if I get in."
"Do you have a government issue photo ID?" Heather asked. "You'll need to show one if you're going to join."
Deske wrote:"Man, this is a lot easier than I thought it'd be," Gregg says as he takes the form and begins filling it out.
"Good. It's not supposed to be too difficult to apply." the Colonel stated. "Once the two of you are done, which of you would like to interview first?"

---------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:Mordecai smiled, same time being impressed with Elder's handling of the hunters, "OK, I'll have one of my chauffeur's pick up you then and I won't take no for an answer. Moving on, how's the child doing?"
"Physically, he'll be fine." Wildfire looked over his shoulder at the child, who was still being checked by one of the paramedics. "Emotionally though, he's been away from his family and in an abusive, criminal environment for a year at least. It's going to be hard, I'm not going to lie. He's going to need a lot of care."

---------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure, I'll do my best." Ryan promises.
"We ordered lunch and then Wildfire saw something, I don't know what exactly. It must have been this guy though." the sea otter begins, nudging the sleeping Hunter with a footpaw.
"He's the one that shot at us first and Wildfire blocked the dart with his arm and arrested him. That's when I called you guys. It caused a bit of a kerfuffle and those two ran out with the kid. We thought they were just a regular family at first until Wildfire checked the Hunter's phone and saw a message summoning backup. We ran outside, saw the kid on the poster and called for backup of our own, who arrived in the form of Elder. The Hunter directed us to the parking lot, those two tried to run us down in their car, Wildfire stopped them, Elder arrived and then you guys showed up. I think that's everything..."
The captain pulled out a notebook and started writing in it, taking notes on everything Ryan said. "That car's a wreck." he commented. "How did Wildfire stop it? What do you mean by a Kerfuffle? Have the hunters been read their rights?" he inquired. "The more specific you can be, the better an image it paints for us."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:The captain pulled out a notebook and started writing in it, taking notes on everything Ryan said. "That car's a wreck." he commented. "How did Wildfire stop it? What do you mean by a Kerfuffle? Have the hunters been read their rights?" he inquired. "The more specific you can be, the better an image it paints for us."
"When the other diners realised we were being shot at and that an arrest was being made, they panicked a bit, that's all. I don't think anyone was hurt or too much damage was done though." Ryan explains.
"As to their rights, I'm not sure, sorry. Wildfire made the arrests so you'd have to ask him. I was focusing on getting the mayor to safety until we realised the kid was kidnapped. And Wildfire stopped the car by... Just sort of stomping on it, I think. I only saw from the corner of my eye because I was keeping the first hunter we arrested covered with my taser."

~~~~~~~~
DdeeStar wrote:Tigress looks around, ensuring space, then steps back. Her arms go up, swinging in a measured outstretched circle and bending down as her arms fall, having no issue with the basic flexibility test. "Like this? Seems kinda easy for a physical test."
"Exactly like that. But this isn't meant to be a test. It's just to make sure you're able to bend and stretch without hurting yourself so we can put you to work safely and so we know you can safely handle the physical test if you decide to join, as well as the rigours of basic training and join the defensive branch of the KDF." Lightfoot explains, putting Tigress through the same series of exercises as everyone else.
"Well, I think we're done here unless there's anything else you wanted to discuss with me? I am a doctor after all."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters