2019/11/06 - Imma Take A Selfie

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Vertigo Fox

Re: 2019/11/06 - Imma Take A Selfie

Post by Vertigo Fox »

SeanWolf wrote:
Vertigo Fox wrote:Now I may just be obtuse, but I don't have time to go back through the archviles and I'm trying and failing to remember who Lana is...
The female Milton ferret.
Aaaah one of the milrets (or ferrtons?). That explains her odd attitude.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Ive figured out who the villain is!

The english literature teacher!

Clearly he placed a transformation curse on his students so that they would better identify with the protagonist of the book they were studying!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Uhm, this call by Lana seems a bit too coincidental, coming right after Lois' transforming... ;) Eheh, Lois, you became a cute bobcat! :D Ah, I see, Marion, that's good for you. :) It's always better than being turned in a giant cockroach. :? But yeah, there's a bit of curiosity about how's have a proboscis, though... :P
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Cesco wrote:Uhm, this call by Lana seems a bit too coincidental, coming right after Lois' transforming... ;) Eheh, Lois, you became a cute bobcat! :D Ah, I see, Marion, that's good for you. :) It's always better than being turned in a giant cockroach. :? But yeah, there's a bit of curiosity about how's have a proboscis, though... :P
The call isn't a coincidence, Lois told Poncho to call the ECP, and she is the current head of that. She just wants to talk with Lois about it directly.

And I agree with the cute assessment. 8-)
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
HormChaoui

Post by HormChaoui »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:Ive figured out who the villain is!

Clearly he placed a transformation curse on his students so that they would better identify with the protagonist of the book they were studying!
I knew teachers were desperate to get their students to actually do the readings, but this is ridiculous! :)
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Hey I already said that.
I gave you that for free and look what you did with it... :P
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Good old Lana. Someone who always focuses on the more important stuff. Somebody has to ask the tough questions. Like whether or not after a human transformed that they look cute.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Good old Lana. Someone who always focuses on the more important stuff. Somebody has to ask the tough questions. Like whether or not after a human transformed that they look cute.
Clearly, Lana used to be in HR........
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Dissension wrote:Given the immediate follow-up "I'm a... bobcat? I think," I'd have assumed Lana was asking if she had, like, gills or wings or huge antlers or whatever.
Or other additional 'bits'?
That still wouldn't fit "any of that" too well grammatically.
fenrirblack wrote:I’m actually more curious about what poncho said to Lana when he called,

Poncho: Yeah it’s me. It happened again. This time it was Marion’s girlfriend. No, she’s with me and Marion. I didn’t see what happened. Hang on, let me hand the phone to her and you can ask her yourself.
(For the life of me I couldn’t think of a way to make this funny)
Perhaps we skipped to after that because there was no way to make it funny.
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Vertigo Fox wrote:

Hey I already said that.
Huh, you did. I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. I came to the same (joking) conclusion independently.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This is the expression I imagine Lois giving Lana during that selfie.

Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:This is the expression I imagine Lois giving Lana during that selfie.

I rather hope that we get to see the selfie at some point, because it looks to me like she posed almost involuntarily.

You know, Lana was a bit peeved when Lucretia didn't respond right away that she wouldn't eat the ferrets. She never had a reason to get such a promise from the new bobcat...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Continuing the Kafka theme, does this mean we wind up in court?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Honestly expect alot of people to tell these two they are cute to the point they say: CUTE DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:Honestly expect alot of people to tell these two they are cute to the point they say: CUTE DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS D:
Tell that to the ferret on the cover of Pet Fancy. And tell that to Julia who would say "Neither do you."
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

One possible question was whether she had any gold or jewels or treasure, which would seem nonsensical to Lois (hence her response) but would make sense in the context of previous transformations.
Last edited by Titanium Dragon on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

GameCobra wrote:Honestly expect alot of people to tell these two they are cute to the point they say: CUTE DOESN'T PAY THE BILLS D:
It does if you're a pet.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Vertigo Fox wrote:

Hey I already said that.
Huh, you did. I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. I came to the same (joking) conclusion independently.
No apologies please. My indignance was really just a joke too. All this theorizing is just a game to me anyway.
I had just hoped someone might play off it.

No, no, the only thing here I'm really disappointed about was that despite even quoting me on it a few times, nobody noticed that keeping with the doom theme of my other thread I said archviles instead of archives.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Vertigo Fox wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:
Vertigo Fox wrote:
Hey I already said that.
No apologies please. My indignance was really just a joke too. All this theorizing is just a game to me anyway.
I had just hoped someone might play off it.

No, no, the only thing here I'm really disappointed about was that despite even quoting me on it a few times, nobody noticed that keeping with the doom theme of my other thread I said archviles instead of archives.
Text conversations are the bane of sarcasm and satire.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

It does require some knowledge of the person doing it, and I guess I haven't been here very long yet...
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Vertigo Fox wrote:It does require some knowledge of the person doing it, and I guess I haven't been here very long yet...
Even then, it can be really hard to tell. So much of communication is in tone and body language.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Nobody wrote:
Vertigo Fox wrote:It does require some knowledge of the person doing it, and I guess I haven't been here very long yet...
Even then, it can be really hard to tell. So much of communication is in tone and body language.
You're not kidding... sarcasm doesn't read well.

--

A little late, since I actually went to bed on time last night....

I see the ferrets are keeping tabs
On them, it's really kinda weird,
Lois knows how to throw back jabs,
The changes aren't as jarring as she'd feared.

Cute or not, that's not the point,
Lois made that really clear,
What happens next in this joint?
So asks AVeryAngryDeer.

Look, this keeps on getting wilder,
Who knows what happens next?
Lois, I think Lana riled her,
She sure does seem a little vexed.

In all seriousness, she's a cute bobcat,
Regardless of what she's sure to think,
I hope she'll be the voice that
Keeps them both from falling off the brink.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Getting back to Kafka, I still feel bad for Marion. He may still be a mammal instead of a giant bug but when you compare his situation to Lois it’s hard to be optimistic or have any kind of helpful perspective about this. Lois is still a predator and only lost like a foot or so height wise. Marion is still small, weak, and virtually helpless so his situation still isn’t much different from Gregor’s especially when you take into account Julia’s reactions. I mean it’s not as bad but that’s like saying we have to amputate your foot but at least it’s not the entire leg.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:Getting back to Kafka, I still feel bad for Marion. He may still be a mammal instead of a giant bug but when you compare his situation to Lois it’s hard to be optimistic or have any kind of helpful perspective about this. Lois is still a predator and only lost like a foot or so height wise. Marion is still small, weak, and virtually helpless so his situation still isn’t much different from Gregor’s especially when you take into account Julia’s reactions. I mean it’s not as bad but that’s like saying we have to amputate your foot but at least it’s not the entire leg.
Small, yes. But he's fast, can climb like no-one's business and, let us not forget, can hurl Coconuts like bowling balls. Weak he ain't.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Getting back to Kafka, I still feel bad for Marion. He may still be a mammal instead of a giant bug but when you compare his situation to Lois it’s hard to be optimistic or have any kind of helpful perspective about this. Lois is still a predator and only lost like a foot or so height wise. Marion is still small, weak, and virtually helpless so his situation still isn’t much different from Gregor’s especially when you take into account Julia’s reactions. I mean it’s not as bad but that’s like saying we have to amputate your foot but at least it’s not the entire leg.
Small, yes. But he's fast, can climb like no-one's business and, let us not forget, can hurl Coconuts like bowling balls. Weak he ain't.
Only when it's funny, though.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Naaaah, it's just that none of us wanted to reveal that we didn't know what a "archviles" might be. You "out-foxed" us, tha's all!" ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Yeah, but it's still a miracle he can walk around outside without being carried off by some hawk or other predatory bird. Climbing isn't going to be much help in the real world when he gets flattened by a tire because he panics and runs into oncoming traffic. Speed ain't going to help him there either.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Frankly, I envy Marion for getting assigned Kafka. They made me read Moby Dick and Scarlet Letter. While Scarlet Letter at least has some historical significance, it should be illegal to inflict Moby Dick on people without their permission.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

So bobcat is pretty much confirmed. I’m still amazed that I kinda-sorta called it all the way back when she first showed up.

I really love the on-phone dialogue here; it reads very naturally, despite it being a convo about her having turned into an animal, and all. Also, Lois seems to be taking her identity crisis rather well; I’m impressed. I guess it helps that she didn’t change size all that much compared to Marion.

I’m curious to see whether or not Lois’ transformation into a fit bobcat has an affect on Marion’s feelings about himself being able to properly adjust. He could see Lois as having “lucked out” with her new species and slide back into the funk we saw him in when he was in the tree in the last part.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote: I’m curious to see whether or not Lois’ transformation into a fit bobcat has an affect on Marion’s feelings about himself being able to properly adjust. He could see Lois as having “lucked out” with her new species and slide back into the funk we saw him in when he was in the tree in the last part.
I think it might come up. He really did get the short end of the stick. I think its arguable that all of the transformed humans that we've seen, Marion got the worst outcome. King is small, but a pet and that gives him some protection. Steward is a badger who is pretty high up the food chain. Lois is in a similar situation and retained most of her height. Thomas could be argued to have lost as much, since he no longer has hands, but he's also huge and relatively safe from the average predator.

It would likely be worse if the means of transformation turns out not to be random. If there was some kind of intelligence or choice in the matter by someone, then I'm sure Marion would be even more upset.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote: I’m curious to see whether or not Lois’ transformation into a fit bobcat has an affect on Marion’s feelings about himself being able to properly adjust. He could see Lois as having “lucked out” with her new species and slide back into the funk we saw him in when he was in the tree in the last part.
I think it might come up. He really did get the short end of the stick. I think its arguable that all of the transformed humans that we've seen, Marion got the worst outcome. King is small, but a pet and that gives him some protection. Steward is a badger who is pretty high up the food chain. Lois is in a similar situation and retained most of her height. Thomas could be argued to have lost as much, since he no longer has hands, but he's also huge and relatively safe from the average predator.

It would likely be worse if the means of transformation turns out not to be random. If there was some kind of intelligence or choice in the matter by someone, then I'm sure Marion would be even more upset.
Along the same line, what determines WHO becomes what - are some individuals less susceptible to transformation than others?
Last edited by NHWestoN on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Along the same line, what determines WHO becomes what - are some individuals who led susceptible to transformation than others?
Good point. Maybe the reason Marion is a squirrel is because it reflects his personality?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mebbee the poor kid's "Squirrely ... But then how does gender change figure in as well?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:Mebbee the poor kid's "Squirrely ... But then how does gender change figure in as well?
I have a feeling that is going to be important later on in some way. It's hard to say just how.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It might have just been random that it happened and nothing else like that will occur again.

Though I will DIE if Bronson gets transformed into a male squirrel and falls in love with Marion. He's just dumb enough to go for it.
Robotech_Master

Post by Robotech_Master »

When Marion became a female squirrel
And all but went to pieces after that
He reconciled with Lois, unbelieving girl
Who herself would soon be an annoyed bobcat

Why are people turning into creatures?
Lois thought that they could ask a camel.
Little did she know that she would feature
In unfamiliar shape she'd soon be trammel'd.

To her dismay, she now is finding out
The universe does like to play its jokes
But she is not the kind to sit and pout
Now that she knows for sure it's not a hoax.

So Lois has a new bee in her bonnet
And I found that I had to write a sonnet.
Last edited by Robotech_Master on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I hypothesized a bit back that your transformation is dictated by stuff about you and your life, etc. Marion had/has a tree nut allergy so him turning into a squirrel would be hilarious in a cosmic irony sort of way.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What would be the cosmic irony of turning Lois into a bobcat? She has a feline fur allergy? :?:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:What would be the cosmic irony of turning Lois into a bobcat? She has a feline fur allergy? :?:
She really, really, really likes canned tuna?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think the irony would be if she HATED or was allergic to it.