Housepets! Tails of Babylon! * Developer's Thread *

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Unusuallynamedperson

Re: Housepets! Tails of Babylon! * Developer's Thread *

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Why does this remind me of the legend of Zelda, a link to the past. Also looks pretty good, so good it makes my eyes bug out. :lol:
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:Fine, how about Reinhardt escaped from an abusive owner? We could still have the "anti-Sabrina" aspect to his motives.

Quick question, if it turns out that skinning exists in the HP universe, would you guys have been okay with the suggestion?

We are keeping the unique aspect of Shadow Joey, right? Unlike the other shadows, whom you have to search the area for, he shows up right at the entrance for a boss battle against the mech, which is deceptively easy. After beating it, he would hide like the others.

Though I have ideas for Pete, Dragon, and Great Kitsune. Heck, actually did an ultimate for Pete for the fun of it a while ago.
Can foxes be pets? I know they can be raised on farms or gardens but I don't know if they're pets.
I still don't see the problem in just making him power hungry, he's set up to be that way so far. Not necessarily EVIL or anything, certainly no where near Barghest levels or anything, just a jerk in general. I feel that we're making him too sympathetic which, again, I don't really mind, but we don't want the player to feel completely terrible for beating every major boss. It's a similar reason as to why we didn't make Barghest sympathetic. I mean I'll swing with either direction I guess but that's just my opinion.

Also that's really cool! Though from what I remember we decided to lean away from using Dragon and Pete, or perhaps they were going to be a cameo instead? I don't exactly remember, we may have just left it be for another time. Though I know we weren't going to have them be party members or fight, so unfortunately this design may go unused. :(
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I had a small thought... what if, Pete's sword and shield are a bonus weapon. They aren't set to any exact weapon group, and can be used by select characters who are connected to Pete: King, Bailey, Grape, and some others. Then the idea of a Dragon weapon could be used by people connected to Dragon: Peanut, Sabrina, Tarot, etc.
Just an idea.
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

was bored so I ended up making a 3D model of the sword and shield because they looked cool XP
Foxes unite!!!!!!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Some states will allow foxes to be kept as pets, but nearly all of them require permits and licenses, and even then, they're a ton of work to care for. Reinhardt could have been an illegal pet.

I was suggesting that Reinhardt would be a bit of a tragic character, but not that he redeems himself. He's merely freed from Barghest, but that won't necessarily make him a good person.

Pete and Dragon were never truly "decided" upon. Remember all of those posts regarding their inclusion? Heck, I still have that defense for their inclusion. Also, it was suggested that Future Pete, Future Dragon, and Kitsune would help in the battle against Nue and Olde, specifically their second form.

The idea of specialized weapons isn't too bad, I guess, though obviously not my preferred. If that route prevails, though, how about Warrior of Night (this one I posted) could only be used by King, Bailey, Fido and Grape as suggested (included Fido because he was considered at one time as Pete's avatar), Dragon's weapon by Tarot, Sabrina, and Peanut, and Kitsune's weapon could be used by anyone.

However, Kitsune's could be weaker as it doesn't have a limitation on use. Sort of like how Minish Cap had three special charms that could increase attack, defense, or both, while the one that increases both is less potent than the increases that is granted from the other ones.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK then. That sounds really good. Though I do kind of feel bad that he won't be a hero and be a villain. He seems too cool to be a villain but I accept and respect your decision.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:He seems too cool to be a villain.
You obviously haven't played many mainstream JRPGs. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
BloomingDaemon

Post by BloomingDaemon »

GreatKitsune wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:He seems too cool to be a villain.
You obviously haven't played many mainstream JRPGs. :lol:
((Why do Dark Souls bosses come to mind?))
^0w0^ <--My original emoticon, I swear!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:OK then. That sounds really good. Though I do kind of feel bad that he won't be a hero and be a villain. He seems too cool to be a villain but I accept and respect your decision.
Well, in absolute most simple terms, there are four types of people we can easily categorize;

Guy who grew up in good environment and comes out good.
Guy who grew up in good environment and falls to dark desires.
Guy who grew up in bad environment and makes their way out of it.
Guy who grew up in bad environment and stays there.

These are gross over-generalizations, but Reinhardt could be somewhere between the last two. He's not a good person, but we at least know he wanted a good change. The game could end on the note that he could become a better person.

BTW, page 69 was the page with the last heard ideas on the Celestials.
Unusuallynamedperson

was bored so I ended up making a 3D model of the sword and shield because they looked cool XP

Okay, well that's interesting. I would love to see it. If you want when it's done we may be able to use it. For the information text, or title or something. Yes, I know the titles already done, but it is just a thought.
Also, ( FOXES UNITE )...seems a little ironic that this is your signature considering the topic at hand. :mrgreen:

I had a small thought... what if, Pete's sword and shield are a bonus weapon. They aren't set to any exact weapon group, and can be used by select characters who are connected to Pete: King, Bailey, Grape, and some others. Then the idea of a Dragon weapon could be used by people connected to Dragon: Peanut, Sabrina, Tarot, etc.
Just an idea.
Sounds like a great idea to me.
He's not a good person, but we at least know he wanted a good change. The game could end on the note that he could become a better person.
This seems entirely plausible, I don't see why not.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I think that idea actually works a lot better.
Unusuallynamedperson

Umm, which one?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The idea about Reinhardt not being good but having the possibility to become good.
Unusuallynamedperson

Oh, alright.well that is one way to phrase it.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The idea about Reinhardt not being good but having the possibility to become good.
This does seem to fit his character, though I will admit, we are kind of overusing that concept.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

Foxes unite!!!!!!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

At least Nue and Olde apologize. We know that Reinhardt's doing things for a good reason, but he's overly violent and not apologetic about it.

Also, snappyfox, I like where you were going with the shield. It helps in adding more depth.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Decided to update the wiki. We needed one of these, anyways.
Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Honestly, I would have completely forgotten about the wiki if it weren't for the fact that I was thread diving the other day looking for the last word on the celestials. thirty pages, man.

Anyway, seems that the disclaimer covers our bases rather well.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Didn't even know that we needed one of those. By the way, made an edit to the disclaimer. You referred to the team as "TB" without first writing out that it signified "Team Babylon." Learned in my Legal Issues and Ethics class to not use acronyms until after writing out the full name. oy, I despised that class.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Didn't even catch that. Thanks. :)

I realized the last wiki edit before today was in July. :| We really need to update it. Maybe Kingfan could put a link on the game page.
Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Probably not necessary. I mean, it was originally made for us to compile all of our work, right?

...which would put us all abysmally behind on it.

I'd do more than textual edits, but can't make heads or tails of how it even works.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

D-Rock wrote:Probably not necessary. I mean, it was originally made for us to compile all of our work, right?

...which would put us all abysmally behind on it.

I'd do more than textual edits, but can't make heads or tails of how it even works.
Where have KF and Invi been lately, anyway? I haven't seen either of them on since before Christmas.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kingfan was last on in November and Invisan was last on a few hours ago.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Invisan still visits the forums, as Dayzee mentioned, he just hasn't said anything here in a long while. Mickey is the same case. Kingfan started college a while ago, so that's likely taking up his time. I'm more curious about dtlux, skyd, and The Fake English, especially since he suggested helping out with sprite work.

Anyway, I'm actually going ahead and working on the ideas for ultimates for Dragon and Kitsune. Trust me on this, guys.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, so back onto the Celestial Weapons. Pete's weapon could be used by Grape, Bailey, King, and Fido. Dragon's weapon could be used by Peanut, Tarot, Sabrina, and Max(because he talked to Dragon before), and then Kitsune's could be used by any of the remaining party members.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So we're seriously doing that? :?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I always had the impression that if Pete, Dragon and Kitsune would ever have their own set of gear that Pete's would give more attack, Dragon's would give magic and Kitsune would give defense. I can still incorporate the ideas into Pete's gear by making his sword hurt, but his shield will give at least immunity to death spells or Dark magic.

also, just a heads up - the sword and shield would actually be separate items since shields were replaced with collars. the shield would go under the accessories. However, it's technically possible to make this sword and shield a weapon that can be shared with all players in the weapon slot.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I actually realized that issue AFTER coming up with the design. That was when I had the thought of making the shields Pete-exclusive as well.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:I always had the impression that if Pete, Dragon and Kitsune would ever have their own set of gear that Pete's would give more attack, Dragon's would give magic and Kitsune would give defense. I can still incorporate the ideas into Pete's gear by making his sword hurt, but his shield will give at least immunity to death spells or Dark magic.

also, just a heads up - the sword and shield would actually be separate items since shields were replaced with collars. the shield would go under the accessories. However, it's technically possible to make this sword and shield a weapon that can be shared with all players in the weapon slot.
Pete seems more like the defensive type than Kitsune, in my opinion.
Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Possibly, but remember how the avatar classes Pete had in mind for Grape, Peanut, King, and Bailey were offense oriented; Dream Sunderer, Dark Paladin, and White Avenger.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

D-Rock wrote:Possibly, but remember how the avatar classes Pete had in mind for Grape, Peanut, King, and Bailey were offense oriented; Dream Sunderer, Dark Paladin, and White Avenger.
This is true, but based on his personality I see Kitsune as being a speed or charisma type if anything.
Hello, low order beings!

Unusuallynamedperson

Charisma more then speed, we never really see him move.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kitsune was more of a guardian in the comic. He wanted to have fun, play games, but make sure noone was hurt and everything was fair game. Pete played aggressively and rushed things while Dragon played patiently and built up her powers.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:Kitsune was more of a guardian in the comic. He wanted to have fun, play games, but make sure noone was hurt and everything was fair game. Pete played aggressively and rushed things while Dragon played patiently and built up her powers.
So not so much speed, but definitely charisma. Defensive players are usually bulky, selfless, and easy to read. Kitsune is none of these things. Going outside of the normal tropes is ok, tho, so it doesn't really matter.
Hello, low order beings!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Anyway, I'm modeling Dragons weapons from hook swords. Should be interesting, though looking at the sketch, it looks more like a keyblade. Oh, well, still looks good. I also intended Pete's starter weapon set to be the set used by one of his previous avatars.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

This is what I had in mind for Dragon's ultimate.
SCN_0128.png
SCN_0128.png (225.23 KiB) Viewed 6321 times
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT FINISHED!
I'll add in details and shading further on, just showing what I meant.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Looks like a Keyblade. =P

Though i don't mind the sword design you are going for, i wonder what it would look like as a scimitar?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, I did mention the similarities. And very likely won't do the scimitar.