Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by ShadowLightning »

I've played Final Fantasies I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Crisis Core, both Dissidia games, and a little bit of Theatrhythm, though I only managed to finish VI, VII, XII and XIII-2, Crisis Core, and Dissidia Duodecim.

Also, I just recently finished Tales of the Abyss. It was an awesome game, despite the totally ambiguous ending. (Was that Asch or Luke in the ending?)
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

OH SWEET GAWSH!!!! Freedom Planet 2 was announced! YUSH!!!!
So much stuff to take in, the new characters look amazing! They even got Chris Sabat to play a new character! :D :D :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Got a Retron 5!

I can now breathe life into our old games!

...really wish we still had our old Genesis games, though.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm in need of some pals on the Wii U. Anyone? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

^
I'm up for that, message me if you want my NNID.
*purrs loudly*

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ditto! Message me with yours.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Any Dynasty Warriors players out there?
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Once upon a time. I got both 3 and 4 and considered 5, but it struck me that the core gameplay was... more or less the same and it's not like they've changed the time period or anything, just looks and a bit of mechanics. I mean, it's addicting and fun, just kinda same-y after a while. Did get a couple of the spinoffs - I was too much of an original Gundam fan to pass up Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. My favorite was DW4: Empires, though - it lacked the 'storyline', but the strategy element added a ton of depth to the game. (surprise, hardcore strategy fan likes strategy)
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So, I just found out about the new Digimon game that came out in Japan last year, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. I find the concept really interesting, and seeing that it will get an English release this year, I might want to get myself a PSVita to play it.

The basic premise is already interesting I think. You're basically in the virtual reality setting like Second Life, who's been forced to become a hacker by circumstance, with your hacking programs and tools encapsulated in the form of Digimon. And due to another turn of events, you become a member of a cyberdetective squad investigating rogue hackers and Digimon attack in the virtual reality world. Take the environment and settings of the .hack anime series (or the Summer Wars movie), blend in Pokemon-like battling and levelling mechanics with the usual Digimon twists like combinations and such, and having the UI having a similar feel to the Persona game series, and I think I found myself the game that I want to personally experience this year.

Here's a translated and subbed playthrough of the game, if you're curious like me.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

Recently got a Wii U before Christmas, and I'm loving Smash Wii U, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD.
I may not be able to actually connect with you guys due to the router not liking my 3DS or Wii U connecting to others.

I also really need to work on finishing Persona 3 FES and Final Fantasy X (and X-2) HD. Mostly the first so then I can move on to play the rest of Persona 4 Arena (and then Ultimax) without having to worry about spoilers. (I'm also on PS3, in case anyone wants to know. Message me if you want my NNID or my PSN stuff.)
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Yay! I've completed CAREER MODE on Tiny Little Racing 2! :D all gold cups!

Now there's CAR EVENTS left.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Roose

Post by Roose »

I like to play Smash Brothers 4, Animal Crossing, and sometimes Kirby Triple Deluxe.

I'm only 2-3 weeks into animal crossing since I got it for christmas, but I just recently completed the DLC fighter roster on Smash bros.

There's two more character downloads coming out soon though.
~Roosevelt
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I finally bought ME3. Only about 5 years late on that. :lol:
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

RedFoxWizard wrote:Recently got a Wii U before Christmas, and I'm loving Smash Wii U, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD.
I may not be able to actually connect with you guys due to the router not liking my 3DS or Wii U connecting to others.

I also really need to work on finishing Persona 3 FES and Final Fantasy X (and X-2) HD. Mostly the first so then I can move on to play the rest of Persona 4 Arena (and then Ultimax) without having to worry about spoilers. (I'm also on PS3, in case anyone wants to know. Message me if you want my NNID or my PSN stuff.)
I need to finish my latest run of FES. Final boss prep grind was wearing me down a bit. >_>
RP chars:
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

CosmicCoyote wrote: I need to finish my latest run of FES. Final boss prep grind was wearing me down a bit. >_>
This is my first run of FES/The Answer. I think I'm close to endgame (I'm about level 80, the rest of the team is about 70). I know I'm going to have a problem with this next part. Level grinding it is for now.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
ShadowLightning

I just realized I haven't finished playing FES too. I think I just got Shinjiro to join, and I think I'm close to the part where he gets shot and dies. I kinda got sidetracked by Tales of the Abyss.

The game just gets so tedious since I played the Portable version and got used to the battle system there that I kinda get bored with how the AI takes control of your other party members. And I practically played about 80% of the game on Portable before my PSP broke so I already know what to expect and what's gonna happen on most of the parts. I'll try playing it again soon, but with how my schedule is for college and how I've almost forgotten at what part I was in the game before I left, I might not be able to.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Can't get SAO for XBOX (stupid Sony exclusivites!) so I'm starting Tales of Zysteria after ME3's done. Honestly, I've had this game for so long now and I never got around to starting it.
Hello, low order beings!

tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

I'm not much in console gaming

Broken PS3
Broken PS2
Broken NDS

:(
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Heh, what I found when playing Altered Beast (MegaDrive version) :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well it's a blue crocodile... :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I just found a place to buy Revenant online!
Victory dance!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel has been super awesome so far.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j9RWkPstc

Trailer for the new Pokemon 3DS Eshop game, Mei Tante Pikachu: Shin Konbi Tanjou (Detective Pikachu: Birth of the New Combination/Duo). Just... listen to the Pikachu speak. It's amazing. I hope it gets localized in English somehow

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hrm... what voice would he get... Morgan Freeman. He needs to be voiced by Morgan Freeman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Now that's a bizarre concept right there!

North American Pikachu should have a thick New Jersey accent. That'd be funny to me. :P
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

After playing nearly the entire Wizardry series, i can safely say this: Wizardry 8 on Steam is easily the best one of them all.

Major selling points are the customizations, the longetivity and roleplaying in the game along with the story. (Note - there is some gore and demon cult stuff, so becareful if you're not into that stuff. It's easily avoidable, however) The characters have over 18 male and female voice actors for your custom characters, it's awesome playing the game just to hear them talk as you hack away in dungeons. The game actually is the last Wizardry in the series, but when you play this one, you'll forget there were two prequels to it - 6 and 7.

Spikadina - My Female Dracon Valkyrie for example. <3

And my *cough* Wookie (A mook in this game) after he wins a fight.

CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Armello's on sale on Steam, for those of you who like strategy games. I recommend it (and blame GameCobra for dragging me into it. :P)
RP chars:
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:After playing nearly the entire Wizardry series, i can safely say this: Wizardry 8 on Steam is easily the best one of them all.

Major selling points are the customizations, the longetivity and roleplaying in the game along with the story. (Note - there is some gore and demon cult stuff, so becareful if you're not into that stuff. It's easily avoidable, however) The characters have over 18 male and female voice actors for your custom characters, it's awesome playing the game just to hear them talk as you hack away in dungeons. The game actually is the last Wizardry in the series, but when you play this one, you'll forget there were two prequels to it - 6 and 7.

Spikadina - My Female Dracon Valkyrie for example. <3

And my *cough* Wookie (A mook in this game) after he wins a fight.

Just checked it out on Steam, it looks pretty awesome! Would I need to play the other games in the Dark Savant trilogy to understand it? Or does it stand well on it's own?
ShadowLightning

I feel sorta jealous sometimes to hear you guys being able to play something that's relatively new. I'd be happy to play anything that came out for the past five years.

Aaanyways, my current playthrough of Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword's going swell. Got a bunch of my units (minus the Lords) promoted now, and I'm now on Chapter 20-something: Four Fanged Offense.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

ShadowLightning wrote:I feel sorta jealous sometimes to hear you guys being able to play something that's relatively new. I'd be happy to play anything that came out for the past five years.
Wizadry 8 came out in 2001.

That's new for you? :| (Even older than Blazing Sword that came out in 2003)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Yes, wizardry is very old. The series died back in 2002, but Wizardry 8 is a huge recommendation.

And yes, this game stands still on it's own without the prequels. the prequels introduce you to important story elements in 8, but after playing 8, i realized the only importance Story-wise from the prequels is knowing where to go and who to speak to. If you don't know, it'll just take longer to get everything to key together. the prequels also allow you to transfer your gear from 6 > 7 > 8, which 'is' a great advantage if you picked up something awesome in 6/7 and it made it's way to 8, but then again... you might just get lucky and find something even more awesome alone in 8.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Actually, Wizardry is still living in Japan. The original games were REALLY popular over there, they inspired Final Fantasy and other timeless RPGs. There have been Japan only games in recent years, with only like one of them being localized, that being Wizardry: Labrynth of Lost Souls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizardry: ... Lost_Souls

Anyway, Wizardry 8 is cheap on Steam, so I'll probably by it some time. After I get Armello of course, :)
ShadowLightning

tsMKG wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:I feel sorta jealous sometimes to hear you guys being able to play something that's relatively new. I'd be happy to play anything that came out for the past five years.
Wizadry 8 came out in 2001.

That's new for you? :| (Even older than Blazing Sword that came out in 2003)
I didn't actually even know, I just assumed it was. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have that, too. In Japan, however, they were into the whole perma-death thing. Wizardry Online is still there in Japan, as well.

Wizardry 8 has hardcore mode where it erases your save after you get a game over. similar to Diablo.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

On Xbox One I've mainly been playing World of Tanks, Destiny, and Dishonored.

PC I just got to playing XCOM 2, and many other RTS games. Still waiting on a reboot of Emperor: Battle for Dune.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Darn it, missed the Armello sale, again. These timezones always have me confused.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Got to love trying to figure out time zones.
Liam

Post by Liam »

RashallVetkay wrote:PC I just got to playing XCOM 2
It's so, so good!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

[quote="Liam"It's so, so good![/quote]

Excuse me while I spend several hours doing nothing by customize my squads in Xcom 2
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)