Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. We'll see you later, Calder." Brum grins at the mouse as she steps slowly across the grass. "You're right about that. It wouldn't be polite. I wonder what they've made for dinner tonight. Whatever it is it smells good!" The squirrel, finding that her spirits are high, can't help but hum a merry jig as she walks.

==========
After making a round of the infirmary, checking on all her patients, Evelyn tip-paws past the sleeping Harriet and checks on Biff again, feeling his pulse and checking his temperature and the colour of his gums. The hare slumbers on but Evelyn can tell that his pulse is stronger so she gives him another dose of her remedy which he swallows without waking.
"He's looking better. He ought to be awake by morning." she confirms for Peter and Charles. "And how are you doing now, Brother Peter?" she queries, checking Peter's pulse, temperature and gums too.

==========
Brock listens carefully to Trevor's and James' story before calling the abbess over and asking them to repeat it for her benefit, wishing to hear it again before he passes judgement or asks any questions.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Do indeed," Owain agreed as they walked towards the main abbey. "A' take tha' from some'un who 'ppreciates it!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter sat up as Sister Evelyn examined him. "I am fmumph," he said as the Sister checked his gums. "But the Hares can have my dinner," he said after she finished.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd strode quietly and confidently through the dark wood, checking over his shoulder every few minutes to check that his companion was not missing. After a while in the dark, Aldryd stepped out into a clearing where bright moonlight shone down to reveal a tiny a-frame cottage with a plot of farmed land and a woodshed

"Come, this is my home." the otter gruffed quietly, walking out towards his house
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"What a lovely place !" Sara exclaimed as the moonlit cottage appeared before her . Sure it wasn't something big or magnificent in any way , but there was just something about that tiny cottage in the middle of nowhere that made the vixen feel.....peaceful .
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor said the entire story over again for the abbess the rat shook in fear still his mind kept thinking about the child. James decides to let Trevor go and takes over in his place. Trevor bows to Brock and the abbess before leaving peacefully. "That's everything that occurred Abbes. In our opinion we thought he might as well be with the child. However Trevor also believed to question him further."James said looking at the rat which he gave a gentle pat on the back.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley listened to Fleta and his boots crunch against the ground. He could tell she was falling behind, they had been walking all day. He stopped and waited for her to catch up, then he swooped her off her feet and began carrying her. "Te amo" Bradley smiled at her, then he noticed the abbey. He stopped in front of the gate, "Hilo!" He called out hoping that was the right greeting.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay, show me to that creature and I'll take it from him." Brum teases, leading Owain in through the doors and up the steps into the great hall. Tonight is a soup night and the tables are laden with all manner of soups and as many different kinds of bread to dip therein. Pumpkin, vegetable, leek, pea, the otters' infamously spicy Hotroot Soup, onion soup, and even a soup heavily laden with garlic which is in a much smaller pot than the rest and which seems to be popular only with two or three moles.
"Haha! Soup and crusty, fresh bread! My favourite! Well, one of my favourites. Ooh, which to have first? What's your favourite soup, Owain?"

==========
"Oh, nonsense! You should eat to keep your strength up! You're looking far better now than you were before. Charles, how would you like to get a little something from the great hall for yourself and Peter? There's a tray on the table you can use to bring it back." Evelyn takes back the baby and rocks him gently.

==========
"Peace, my son." the abbess attempts to soothe the rat with a raised paw and graciously tilted head. "I, for one, can see that your fear is real and I don't believe the extremity of that fear can be produced by worry for one's own life. I, for one, believe your story."
"And I as well." Brock rumbles.
"Still, for the peace of mind of Bertie here and for the sake of the trust of those under my care I must ask you to verify your relationship and familiarity of the child. Can you describe them and their personal effects?" she queries, deliberately using the gender-neutral pronoun to add another fact that the rat can confirm.

=========
Wayland is off-duty tonight and busy guzzling soup with the most greedy of the hares. In his place atop the wall a mole pokes his nose between the crenellations and stares down near-sightedly at the path.
"Gudd eventoide to 'ee, zurr an' marm! Be ye foecreatures o' the abbey or friends we'm just b'ain't a-knowin' yet?*" he queries, tugging his nose politely in the fashion of moles.

*"Good evening to you, sir and madam. Are you foes of the abbey or friends we just don't know yet?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I loves 'em ll," Owain claimed, offering Brum the best seat he could see, "bu' m' best'un's prob'ly Cennin 'n caws... uh leek'n'cheese."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oooh, soups today," Peter chuckled. "Reckon I'm <urrp> up to the hotroot, Charles?" Charles replied that he wasn't going to clean it up after but he'd get a good selection. He headed out with a tray.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley listened to the guard, he could barely understand him and can only pick out a few words he understood. He looked down at Fleta then back up, "Frend." He tried to say it they way the mole did but couldn't, he hoped that he wasn't misinterpreted. Fleta waved a friendly greeting to try to further prove their friendly intentions.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd turned silently back to Sara and made a soothing gesture asking her to lower her voice, then he started back out into the clearing, leading the fox to the unlatched front door of his home.

He opened the door and stepped into the pitch dark cottage, bidding Sara follow. Once inside he set about lighting wax candles to light the house
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

nodded understandingly , Sara quietly followed Aldryd inside , and did her best to keep quiet even after they got in , only silently observe the inside of the house thanks to the candle light.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ooh, yum! That sounds good! Do you know how to make it?" Brum queries as she fills a bowl with pumpkin soup and tops it with soured meadowcream.

==========
"Then welcoom! Bide 'ee thar an' Oi'll coom daon an' let 'ee in!"* So saying, the mole takes his lantern and trundles down the stairs and to the front gate. Sliding the heavy oak beam aside, he pulls open the gate to admit the pair of ferrets.
"You'm be just in toime fer supper, zurr, marm. Just go oop the path an' in through th' front door an' you'll find everyone. 'Tis zoop tonight! Oi dearly do loves a gudd bowl o' zoop."* Once the pair are inside, the mole shuts the gate and slides the bar back into place.
"Oh, afore 'ee goes in, if'n 'ee 'as any weapons, would zur an' marm be so koind as to leave 'em in yon gate'ouse? We'm be a peaceful order an' don't carry weapons 'ceptin if'n we'm be threatened. Zurr an' marm can collect 'em again when they leave."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I al'ays use too much Cheese," Owain said, pulling himself a draught of Carrot and Parsnip soup. "'Orrible cook, me. Near poison'd meself sev'ral times." He supped the soup with a twinkle in his eye..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good thing it's <urp> soup tonight," Peter said, watching Evelyn work.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley carried Fleta inside the gate, he set her down and turned to the mole, "No weapons." He told the mole, showing him his bag and revealed the inside of his cloak to show that he had no weapons.
Last edited by Civilization on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotep the psychic

"yes abbess the child has a birthmark at the nape of the neck. Looks like two tails entwined together. But i don't have anything on me to show I belong the child, all i have are memories. His name is Farthorn, its the same name of grandfather" the rat said

Trevor took to looking around the woods, somewhat tired he made his way through finding Aldryds house. Without a second thought he mistook it as his own and approached the door. His steps soon hit a board that was loose making a loud creaking noise stating he was there. He looked down at the loose board and then inside seeing the otter and the fox. He stared at the fox for a long moment before standing straight up happy the hood hid his blushing underneath. "Pardon me, i mistook this cabin for my own home." Trevor said
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The abbess looks to Bertie who nods to confirm he's seen the mark.
"Thank you. Please forgive our suspicious. Its just that one cannot be too careful when it comes to the care of dibbuns. Bertie, would you fetch the child back here, please? We should put this poor fellow out of his misery. Er, forgive me, but I don't believe I caught your name yet. Would you care to join us for some dinner? We can discuss our next course of action once our bellies are full and our minds are clear to think and reflect on something other than our pangs of hunger." The hare bows briefly before jogging towards the staircase which leads to the first floor and the infirmary as the abbess gestures in the direction of the great hall.

==========
"Thankee koindly, zurr. Er, 'scuse Oi but I 'ave to arks, is marm in need of assistance or 'ealin' fer yon footpaws? It's just that Oi b'ain't a-seen 'er walkin' yet..."* the mole gestures to Freda's paws and stands feeling slightly self-conscious and awkward.

*Thank you kindly, sir. Er, excuse me but I have to ask, is madam in need of assistance or healing for her footpaws? It's just that I haven't seen her walking yet.

==========
"Heh, well I'll make sure no one lets you near the kitchens then! We don't want the whole abbey getting ill. Although, if we ever get attacked again (knock on wood we won't!) we could just have you cook them all dinner and we wouldn't even have to fight! You could be a hero!" Brum jokes, rapping her knuckles on the tabletop worn smooth from countless generations of use.

==========
"Yes, soup is significantly harder to wolf down than salad. I'm sue some hares will manage though. I'm expecting a couple of burned tongues and throats tonight. Serve them right really, but I can't let them suffer." the hedgehog grumbles good-naturedly, seating herself on a wicker chair and picking up some knitting. She begins to hum an old and familiar tune to herself, keeping time as her needles clack quietly togther.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley put back on his cloak and bag."No, walking long time." Fleta walked back and forth to show she was fine, "Thank you for the concern." Bradley pointed to the main door, "May we?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain laughed a happy laugh before offering Brum some of his soup. "Feelin'more a' cartref... uh, 'ome 'ere af'r two days than I've done any plce b'fore," he admitted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charles returned, laden with soup and wobbling with some breads from Nanette added for Peter. He offered the tray to Sister Evelyn.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

With the cottage fully lit, Aldryd began to quietly forage around, reaching up up onto shelves above his head. Soon enough he pulled a small clay jar from the shelf and handed it to Sera, it was labelled with a scribbled picture of grass

"Here, I think this is the dried plant that we need."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:With the cottage fully lit, Aldryd began to quietly forage around, reaching up up onto shelves above his head. Soon enough he pulled a small clay jar from the shelf and handed it to Sera, it was labelled with a scribbled picture of grass

"Here, I think this is the dried plant that we need."
With a small nod , Sara accepted the jar , though with a little difficulty from the plants she had already been carrying
"Is there anyone else here sir Aldryd ?" she whispered .
Hotep the psychic

Trevor slowly begins to move back out the door finding that Aldryd and the fox hadnt noticed him yet only to bump into a small shelf which he turned quickly as it shook ready to catch anything that might fall. Then he looked back at the fox and aldryd worried this might look bad.

The rat shakes his head. " no thank you im not hungry i only want to be with my child and in a home now. My name is Granite Ironfang. I was born to a family in the mountains. " the rat said as he watches the hare leave. James however smiles, still holding the bag of the rats belongings and finds.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum smiles and dips a chunk of bread into Owain's offered soup.
"Thanks! I'm glad you like it here. I've lived here all my life. I couldn't imagine anywhere different. Sure, travelling would be nice but Redwall would always be home." Brum offers Owain a plate with a selection of small bread rolls in return for the soup.
"How are the paws now?"

==========
"O' course, zurr an' marm. Please do. Oi 'afta bide yurr on account o' I'm on gate duty but if'n 'ee just foller th' parth to th' front door 'ee carn't go wrong! 'Ave a gudd evenin'!" Tugging his nose again, the mole turns and trundles back up the steps to keep watch from the wall-top.
*Of course, sir and ma'am. Please do. I have to stay here on account of I'm on gate duty but if you just follow the path to the front door you can't go wrong.

==========
Sister Evelyn smiles at Charles, her arms still full of dibbun. "Why don't you set it on the table there and then you can sort out who's is whose. There's a lap table in the corner there too you can get for Peter if he's up to sitting up. Oh, hullo, Master hare. What can I do for you?"
"The Abbess sends her regards and requests that I bring her the child, Ma'am." Bertie reports with a salute.
"Well, we'd best not keep her waiting. Just take it easy because he's sleeping."
"Yes, Ma'am. Thank you, Ma'am." After Bertie leaves with the child, Evelyn helps Charles position the lap desk for Peter and holds the tray so Charles can work out whose food is whose.

==========
"I see. Mister Ironfang... I'm truly sorry to have to inform you that your home and very likely our family is no more. It was attacked by vermin and is the reason for our suspicion. I wish I could do something to reverse what has been done but alas I cannot. You are, of course, free to remain at Redwall for as long as you desire or until you rebuild your home if you so choose. And if we can be of any assistance in the meantime then our resources are at your disposal." explains the abbess gently as Bertie reappears and hands the sleeping kit back to his carer.
"What have you there, James? Do you find something amusing in all this?" she asks, referring to James' smile.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Thank you." Bradley said as they made their way up the path. After going through the front door they found themselves in the front entrance way, they made their way down the hall and ended up in a big room full of animals feasting on soup, they stood there waiting to be addressed before trying anything.
Hotep the psychic

James shakes his head as the rat nods, "most likely yes its destroyed, ive already told your freind here where i know is attacked. But theres never one home for a master thief of trade." granite said as the child was given to him his smile tuened warm with content as he cradled the child with great care. One hand went and stroked the childs head as he began to tear up. He then bowed saying thanks.

James was still smiling before hearing the abbess,"oh no abess it always gives me content to see others being helped. If ypu dont mind ill take the rat and child to a home." james said as he saw the rat beggining to cry in happiness
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

THe large otter took the plants from Sara's arms into his and said, "No, I live alone, why?"

And then he heard the shuffling of footsteps and materials on a shelf. His ears flattened to his skull and he turned on the heel of his boot towards the noise, baring his sharp teeth. The otter now finally noticed the intruding Trevor

"But I must be having company..." Aldryd said, growling quietly
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"N'so bad, M'Cariad," Owain said, selecting a roll. "Might need t' pretend t' need a should'r t'morrow," he grinned. Then he glanced to the main door. Don' look now bu' y'got more visit'rs."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter struggled but managed to sit up for his bowl.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Once seeing the shelf in place trevor turned also his hood still covering his face."ummm again im sorry i mistook this for my own home." trevor said a bit embaressed at himself he then also raised his hands to show he meant to harm or threat
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"'The rat' has a name, James, and I'm sure he'd thank you to extend him the courtesy of using it." the abbess admonishes gently. "Mister Ironfang, Redwall is and shall be your home for as long as you wish, including permanently should you desire it. You'd have comfort and all you could need and Farthorn would grow up in safety with other children his own age and with a good education. That offer shall remain as often as you desire to return to Redwall and we'd ask nothing in return but your good will. I will not and can not force you to stay with us; should you wish to leave you are more than welcome to do so. I must ask you though, if you were to leave, where would you go?"
"You'd be welcome any time at Salamandastron too. I can use a thief in my forces. Our trade is protecting the shores of Mossflower country from thieves and marauders and what better way to apprehend such vermin than with the advice of one trained in their arts? Set a thief to catch a thief, so the saying goes. We also can provide education and training as well as relative safety for Farthorn."

==========
Evelyn supports Peter as she slides another pillow behind his back to help him sit up. That done she settles at the table with her own bowl of soup.
"So, tell me about yourself, Charles." she says, making small talk. "What interests you? What do you like to do for fun or to fill you days when you're not ringing bells or saving lives?"

==========
Brum notices the newcomers in the same instant as Owain does. Setting the plate of rolls back on the table, she makes as though to get up but sees that Sister Vivienne, a pretty young vole and a close friend of Brum's is already addressing them.
"I think Viv has it under control." she announces, seating herself again. "So what's this about pretending?" she queries with a raised eyebrow, nudging Owain gently with an elbow.

==========
"Good evening! You're new here, aren't you? I'm Sister Vivienne. Can I help you with anything?" Viv asks the ferrets, bobbing a perfect curtsey.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Yes, Bradley and Fleta." Bradley pointed to himself and then Fleta as he said their names. "Food, if we may?" Fleta smiles as she looks around at everyone and the food.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oh , erm....hello there , sir.....?" Sara asked nervously from behind Aldryd , where it's relatively safer
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, it's been nice t'have th' 'elp of a prydferth... uh, lov'ly lady, y'know?" Owain smiled at her, then thought it wise to change the subject. "Think they'll wan' anoth'r tale t'night?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charles talks of playing in the dells around his old home, his interests in flowers and the medicines the medic made out of them and the times he'd helped with the harvest as Peter listened, twitching his ears on occasions.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

james jumped some before apologizing at his mistake which the rat dismmised easily. The two bowed before walking off and out the building. at the door which james held open he looked back at the badger lord "Lord brock upon my return we need to speak, you may be suprised at what we found out and what the rat told us." james said before leaving as he guided the rat.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Of course! Please do help yourself and feel free to sit wherever you please. Welcome to Redwall!" Vivienne gestures to the hall full of hungry creatures with a smile.

==========
"Oh? Which lady was that?" Brum jokes. "But thanks. You're quite welcome. Another story? If you want to gather a group then I'm sure they'll love to hear it. If not, I always enjoy stories, as you know. It's kind of my job."

==========
Evelyn listens to the tales contentedly as she eats, pleased that the young mouse appears to be settling in.

==========
Frowning, Brock follows James out the door. "Why not tell me here and now so that Mister Ironfang can corroborate the story?" he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"because the rat doesnt like to talk about the village by salamandastron." james said quickley as he turned to the rat who continued on
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley and Fleta smile at the vole and walk into hall, they nervously look around for a quiet spot to sit, but couldn't find any. They found themselves in front of a seemly nice red squirrel and and a gray mouse. Bradley and Fleta looked at each other before Bradley decided to address them, Er... May we." He gestured to the sits in front of them.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"O'course," Owain said, hiding a little edge to his voice, "Sit'n be welc'me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The otter relaxed his stance, but remained wary, "So you're lost, then?" he sighed and walked over to his dining table to set his carried plants down. He shook his head and motioned to a set of cushions on the floor in front of the hearth, "It's too late to send you out again, so find a spot to sit, you too Sara." Aldryd said, "I'll light a fire for us."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor looked outside, "he's right. Night upon us already. Even if I go I'm too tired to defend myself...I'll just have to stay" Trevor thought. He closed the door and set his bow and quiver down inside just next to the door. After so he pulled back the hood to show his raccoon features, he was taller than Sara standing straight. He then slowly moved to the hearth and sat down, he took the cloak off revealing leather armor. He folded neatly and set it next to him before offering aldryd a flint and steel to get the fire going. "here, use this to start the fire. I want to apologize again for the intrusion, I must have strayed from my usual path to my home in these woods. trevor said apologetically. His eyes he tryed to keep from staring at Sara. "Why did I have to run into a house with a beautiful vixen inside?" Trevor thought to himself.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Please do!" Brum smiles, gesturing to the free seats. "I'm Brumble Oakbrush but everyone calls me Brum, and this is Owain Ap Daffyd. Welcome to Redwall! Help yourselves to whatever food and drink you like but be careful with the Shrimp 'n' Hotroot Soup - it's especially fiery tonight! What are your names and where are you from, if I may be so bold as to ask?" The squirrel offers the two ferrets the plate of rolls as she talks. They've already got empty bowls in front of them that they can fill and refill at their leisure.

==========
"Which village?" Brock queries, suppressing an irritated growl at the weasel's evasiveness.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

James let out a sigh knowing he shouldnt hide details from leaders. "granites home town salamurr was destroyed after you Left with The long patrol. I dont want him to confirm it yet so he has the time to rest and gather himself. Trevor beleived that if that is true then we should check if the town of dike still stands" James said finnally. (Did i spell that right? I looked onto a map of redwall and saw the town near salamandastron.)
ImageImageImage