Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: Redwall

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, sounds like fun. Mind if I join you guys?" Alexander asked, laughing a bit as Owain tickled Brum.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sure he'll b-EEK!" Brum laughs and squirms and playfully but ineffectually swats at the offending paw.
"How did you know I was ticklish there?" she queries when Owain's mercy allows her mirth to subside.
"And sure, Alexander. You're welcome to join us. The more the merrier after all."

==========
"Yes, they'll be fine, thanks to you, Charles. Biff might take a couple of days to recover because he ate so much more than Charles, being the gluttonous hare that he is. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles is right as rain by morning though." Evelyn assures confidently. It's not the first time she's dealt with the berries so she has a good idea how things will turn out.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain laughed. "Ev'ry'ne's a bit lletchwith there, Brum bach," he explained.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor sorely looked at the hare before shaking his head. The rat looked at the three somewhat confused but still somewhat frightened at the hooded figure Trevor possesed. "Im innocent you know. If im accused of anything." The rat said. Trevor looked at the rat questioningly under his hood. "Alright then why did you attack us?" Trevor asked. "It was just a mistake I did not know you were of brocks forces. I only saw what looked as thieves in my own village" The rat said easily while trevor sat down. "ok then, how about your armor and weapons?"Trevor asked.

"oh those came from a small outpost in the next town. Its destroyed too you know, so like the thief i am i took it for myself as well as some....other things but when i got back i saw the decimation. I dont even know if my kids are alive" The rat said looking at the ground.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain looked around at the gardens and gardeners, then glanced at Brum before turning his sight skyward. He put a hand to protect his eyes from the early afternoon sun. "Dyna rhyfedd," he said quietly. He sensed Brum and probably Sara looking at him. "Uh, sayin' it's odd," he translated. "All th' llysiau an' ffrwythau... uh, Veg't'bles an' fruits an' there's no' enough birds 'round. Weren't this mornin', neither."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd shifted his weight on his feet as he thought, "What can be done..." he rumbled, "I would like very much to keep being taught to read."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Birds ?" Sara asked "May I ask what you meant by that Owain ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, Hen," Owain explained, "Wha' wi' this bein' the growin' season here'n in the loc'l village... Marshbank? - means us'lly a whole mass'v birds in th' sky an' fyny'r coed... in th' trees. We got some, yes bu' I'dve 'spected loads more is all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Oh I understand..." Sara nodded "Are there usually many birds at times like this Brum?" she turned to ask the squirrel
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Usually... there's the Sparra - they live in the loft above the abbey, there's normally a few wrens around in the woods too, we'll get the odd owl or kestrel, ooh once a flock of geese came through: that was a long time back! I got lots of great news for the records that day! So yeah, there's normally a bird or two around. I expect they're all taking shelter from the heat of the day at the moment."

"To read, y'say? That can easily be arranged! I'm not much good at reading, I'm afraid, but Brum will gladly teach you, or perhaps Old Brother Arthur. Come, let us rejoin them." With that, Rudy begins to lead the way back across the garden to where the small group of creatures has assembled.

==========
"Oh, you poor creature!" cries Harriet, instantly believing the rat in her naivety. Bertie, on the other hand isn't quite so trusting and keeps his weapon at the ready.
"How do we know this isn't just some bally sob story to make us let our guards down?" he demands. "It wouldn't be the first time we've been lied to by a rat."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"then beleive what you will im the one with three armed people at my throat. Decides my relationship no one beleives. And no one trusts a rat parenting a rabit" The rat said. Trevor smiled before gesturing at harriet to come closer."well then would you recognize this child?" Trevor asked.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Usually... there's the Sparra - they live in the loft above the abbey, there's normally a few wrens around in the woods too, we'll get the odd owl or kestrel, ooh once a flock of geese came through: that was a long time back! I got lots of great news for the records that day! So yeah, there's normally a bird or two around. I expect they're all taking shelter from the heat of the day at the moment."
"Oh I see" Sara simply said . That made sense , she thought , although..........if there really were living there , wouldn't they at least be able to see more signs of them ?
Hlaoroo wrote: "To read, y'say? That can easily be arranged! I'm not much good at reading, I'm afraid, but Brum will gladly teach you, or perhaps Old Brother Arthur. Come, let us rejoin them." With that, Rudy begins to lead the way back across the garden to where the small group of creatures has assembled.
"Oh , welcome back Rudy , Aldryd "
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, h'lo there sir, Aldryd," Owain said in greeting, losing his train of thought slightly. "Are we still 'eaded f'r the bindle so's I c'n get th' stuff f'r Cald'r t' practise on?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"May I ask if it's the stuff for the cart he was planning to make with you ?" Sara asked
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

""Aye, Sara," Owain said, turning to face the Vixen. "Bu' I were takin' 'im m' short sword too." HHe scowled slightly. "'Orrible thing, all bent'n battr'd. Cald'r want'd t'work onna weapon so it seem'd briodol... Uh..." he tried to think of the right word, "Appro somethin'..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Appropriate, Owain?" Brum suggests the word for the mouse.
"Hi again, everyone. Aldryd found our problem. We have mites. Apparently all we need is the right herbs to fix it and Aldryd knows just where to find them. This is our lucky day!" Rudy informs everyone happily.
"So... Are we going herb hunting or getting Owain's stuff and going to the forge or what?" Brum queries.
"... I don't know. That depends on you guys and on Aldryd."

==========
"If I may, sah," Bertie interjects before Harriet can move, "Even if he says he recognises the babe there's still no way to verify his claim. The babe can't very well tell us whom he is yet. So you'd still just be taking him at his word."
"Well, we can't very well just leave him here, Bertie. Regardless of who he is or of his relationship to the child, he might have information that could help us. We should take him back and let Lord Brock decide." Harriet suggests.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aye," Owain said, "Prob'ly th' one." He grinned. "Th' language's 'ard t' get right."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is there <urp> anything Charles and I can do whilst we are here?" Peter said, trying to sound his politest.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"This is a rather hard decision" Sara admitted "perhaps Calder and Aaron are waiting for us , we should not keep them waiting , however , on the other paw , I would like to help with the plants as well , I wouldn't want them to get sick"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd shrugged and huffed slightly, "Perhaps we split into groups." he said, "One to the forge and the other into the wilderness."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yes that would be a fine idea , if everyone agree to it of course" Sara nodded , still wondering herself if she should help with the plants , or have a look at the forge . The vixen knew she wouldn't be of any use if she choose the latter , but.....she felt like there was something there calling her...
........or perhaps it's just nothing
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Great idea!"
"Reckon I'll stay in my garden, after I was my paws. I'll be a danger in the forge and a liability in the woods. I'm more use where I am."
"We need you here anyway, Rudy. No one knows the gardens like you do. Who else could keep the moles in check like you?"
"Heh. That's kind of you, Brum. Thanks."
"So... Who's going where then? I guess I'll go with Owain since he needs someone to lean on."

==========
"You just lie there and get better, Peter. Get all those berries out of your system. Charles, could you help me fold these linens and put them in the cupboard there, please?" Evelyn indicates a pile of sheets and pillowcases stacked on an empty bed and an empty cupboard waiting to receive them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Odd thing f'r me t'hear?" Owain said with a grin. "I'd 'app'ly stay bu' we did pumice... er, promise Cald'r." He thought for a moment. "I'll 'ave t' tell you 'ow I d'cided t' learn oth'r languages, Brum. An'th'r story f'r your book."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Charles said OK and set about his business as Peter laid back on the bed. "Oh," the Vole complained, but just lying here is so boring..."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Then perhaps I could help with the plants here ? If it's fine with everyone that is"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Then lie over there if it pleases you but either way you're going nowhere until all those currants have left your system." Evelyn scolds. Her expression soon softens though as she's not the type to really be mad, especially not for long, particularly not at her patients.
"Trust me, I know it's no fun. Did I ever tell you about the time I ate Deadcurrants when I was a dibbun?" she queries with a smile as she passes Charles another folded sheet to be stowed in the cupboard.

==========
"I'd like that, Owain. But first we should see Calder."
"Sure. Works for me, Sara." smiles Rudy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"No but <urp> pardon me... please tell?" Peter tried not to move too much in hope of a story as Charles busied himself around the room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A 'course," Owain said, looking up to the sun. "'e'll be wond'rin' where we are."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor shook his head standing with the rat in tow who soon saw the child in harriets arms. A warm and kind smile showed on his face as if a large rock of guilt disappeared off his shoulders. "either way, we take him to redwall with us. If he knows the child then he should be able to explain his own knowledge at the Abbey. The rat can stay in between us all and answer questions while we walk." Trevor said
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"If it is agreeable then, we should head out as soon as we can." Aldryd rumbled, "The longer we wait, the worse the crops will be."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Then I guess I'll see you again later , Brum and Owain"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'll help with the plants here as well." Alexander said, rubbing his nose.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain nodded and gave Sara a smile. "'Ave fun, bach," he said. "An you, 'lex."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All righty then. Wayland at the gate will let you in and out when you're ready. Stay safe out there. We'll meet you afterwards." Brum leads Owain towards the forge, stopping midway to pick up the old wheelbarrow. The frame is slightly wonky but nothing a few nails won't fix. A couple of the planks have rotted out and will need replacing but the all-important wheels and axle seem in reasonable shape once the leaf litter is scraped away. A bit of grease and the rust should barely be noticeable. At least, that's what Brum hopes, judging by what little she's read on the subject.
"What do you think, Owain? Can we use any of it? We ought to bring it with us to the forge so you and Calder can pull it apart, if you think it's any good still."

==========
"Sah." Bertie salutes before hoisting the rat upright.
"You heard 'im. On yer feetpaws. Lord Brock'll sort you out." Harriet hugs the babe protectively as Bertie gets the rat moving and follows Trevor back towards the abbey.

==========
"Well," begins the kindly hedgehog, a twinkle in her eye. "It was when I was only about four summers old. Gosh, that was a long time ago. Anyway, there had been a slew of Deadcurrant poisonings. A few seeds had been carried in either by birds or the wind and they'd grown up into fine bushes, and right in our redcurrant patch of all places. Quite a few poor beasts got sick that season until we worked out what was causing the illness. Brother Heston ran the infirmary at that time - you wouldn't remember him, he went to the sunny slopes and quiet streams long before your time. He had a reputation though, did old Heston. His potions were the worst the abbey had ever tasted and his salves reeked of I-don't-know-what! Oh, no, don'r worry, they did work wonders - in fact, some of them form the basis of the remedies we use even today. But many a creature said they'd rather fight their illness than face his ministrations. In my case, I didn't get much of a choice. I was playing with some friends in the berry patch and we decided to make a salad with some watercress from the pond and the currants. Oh, dear, did we eat a lot and it wasn't long before we felt violently ill. Well, we ended up stuck in the infirmary for a week solid and for the longest time we weren't sure if it was the currants or Brother Heston's potions that kept us there! We went through a couple of those pails each, and you know the funniest thing? Brother Heston had just been tending to Sister Violet, yes the same Sister Violet who taught you your arithmetic. My, she was a naughty thing as a dibbun, though you wouldn't know it to look at her now! Don't tell her I told you that or she'll come up here and teach me a thing or two. Anyway, Heston had been tending to her, when I felt the need to, er, bury my nose in the bucket again. So Heston, the kind old soul that he was, decided to try to be comforting and help me get it all up, and, wouldn't you know it, he gave me a solid pat on the back! Well, his poor paw was too sore and swollen to make any potions for a fortnight so Sister Francesca had to run the infirmary in his absence. Everybeast said the infirmary had never smelled so good, nor the potions tasted so delightful as when she ran the place. Why, dibbuns used to pretend to be sick just to get in here and she used to keep a barrel of strawberry fizz here to help them "get better". Would you look at that? We're all out of linen to fold. Job well done, Charles." Evelyn pulls a candied chestnut from her apron pocket and offers it to the mouse.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain checked the barrow over, testing its' strength with his hands as he went. One rotten plank threatened to give way and he tutted. "Genr'lly sound as c'n be bu' needs a bit've work," he enthused. "Wheels're good. Aye, we should take it." He grinned. "Wanna ride, M'Cariad?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I always like stories," Peter said, leaning back as Charles happily accepted the candy and showed it to Peter. "You earned it," he moaned, "I won't tell Sister Violet. I quail under that stare..." he paused and cocked his ear until he heard the bell tolled the hour. "He's a minute late..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron finally made it after getting lost when he took a wrong turn and ended up in the storeroom. Walking into the forge Aaron took a quick look around and was impressed with what he saw, there was everything a blacksmith needed and more. Then Aaron noticed Calder dozing, so he went over to him and just barely shook the squirrel to wake him and said "I think the parts have cooled off, or for the most part anyway." And then waiting for him to get up Aaron added "Sorry for being late."
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:Aaron finally made it after getting lost when he took a wrong turn and ended up in the storeroom. Walking into the forge Aaron took a quick look around and was impressed with what he saw, there was everything a blacksmith needed and more. Then Aaron noticed Calder dozing, so he went over to him and just barely shook the squirrel to wake him and said "I think the parts have cooled off, or for the most part anyway." And then waiting for him to get up Aaron added "Sorry for being late."
Calder had been dreaming of running through trees. Suddenly the tree he was on began to shake, he was running to an acorn, and now that acorn began to speak. "I think the parts have cooled off, or for the most part anyway."
Confused and worried Calder began to ask "Wait, Mr Acorn, what are you talking about?" Saying this out loud, he finally realized why Mr acorn asked. Jumping out of his chair and landing back on the floor, It's alright, being late is fine. You startled me though, how long have you been standing here?" Sorry I dozed off, I guess i didn't think you would all be gone for so long."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"May we begin our search now Sir Aldryd ?" Sara asked after the others had left
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

"I haven't been here long, but who is Mr Acorn?" Aaron asked giving Calder a confused look.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd nodded gruffly down to Sara as he began to set out, "Yes, come on then, it's best if we get going before the sun starts to go down."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. If I let you push me around in that thing, Sister Evelyn'd never let me hear the end of it. You jump in and rest your paws for a while and I'll push you." Brum insists. "It's not far to the forge anyway. Oh, but we'd better go to the gatehouse and get your bindle on the way. It's backtracking a bit but no matter. Jump in."

==========
Evelyn tuts. "A whole minute. Not good enough, is it, Peter? No one rings the bells like you. You've an innate sense of timing. How fares your stomach now?" The hedgehog places a paw on the vole's brow, checking his temperature before turning and checking on Biff again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain thought about refusing but, on consideration, decided to do as requested, hoping not so many Dibbuns saw him as to set a precedent. "A'course," he said gently. "Mak's sense. Y'can't push both me an' th' cart unless one's in t'other."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you, sister," Peter said, unsure as to if she was being serious or sarcastic. "Still feel <urp> pardon, a bit off."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Fallout otter wrote:"I haven't been here long, but who is Mr Acorn?" Aaron asked giving Calder a confused look.
Calder blushed a little bit, though with his fur it might have been hard to see. Looking up in surprise and some confusion about the question, "Oh, um. Just a dream, the acorn talked, I guess I was saying something back."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]