Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum agrees with the mouse and otter.
"Aye. Let them have their moment." She watches as the abbess and the badger lord appear from around the corner of the building and stroll casually towards the tables, chatting amicably.
"So who's Bregor? I haven't heard that name before. On second thoughts, don't tell me yet. Save it for later on. We always share stories at the feasts and I'm sure yours'll be a welcome addition to our repertoire."

==========
"'Boi okey, if'n that b'ain't th' liddle Spearback laddy. 'Eem be a-growen oop! Us'n's'd best be wary-loike when 'is farther's around. 'Eem cudd sell 'ee your own shirt an' make 'ee thank 'im fer it! Does you'm feel loike 'ee c'n walk agin, marm?"* Gurrtrude watches as the young hedgehog is shepherded past.

*Well, if it isn't the little Spearback lad. He's growing up! We'd best be wary when his father's around. He could sell you your own shirt and make you thank him for it. Do you feel like you can walk again, ma'am?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'F course, Brum. Don' worry, it's a good'un. I 'eard it from a descend't 've the town. " Owain noted the Abbess and Lord coming and hoped the plate he'd moved was back in exactly the correct position. "We still g't th' cup, right?" He chuckled. "it w's lost once f'r centuries an' I think we've lost it twice t'day!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Let's see," Peter said, "we want to be close to the best food so we can get the food before the Hares but close enough to hear their tales. How's about... here?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Trevor and james soon enter the great hall. They look around for some seats together hoping to sit next or near others they know.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Okay... Charles said, sitting down.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "'Boi okey, if'n that b'ain't th' liddle Spearback laddy. 'Eem be a-growen oop! Us'n's'd best be wary-loike when 'is farther's around. 'Eem cudd sell 'ee your own shirt an' make 'ee thank 'im fer it! Does you'm feel loike 'ee c'n walk agin, marm?"* Gurrtrude watches as the young hedgehog is shepherded past.
"yes mam , I think I'm fine now" she said , sitting up , a little bit slowly , but still , she did it in the end.
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Now one of the rules," Peter explained as he hopped onto the seat next to Charles, "is that we're not allowed to eat before the Abbess. Although," he added slyly, leaning towards Charles, "I doubt anyone would mind if a guest who didn't know better snuck just a little cheese, hmm?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I know now, so I'll just wait. Charles replied. I think my grandfather would have told me anyway.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain's stomach reminded him he'd not eaten more than a Pear in quite some time but, despite the loudness of the noise, he pretended not to have heard it...
-----------------------------------------------------------
"It's always good to be honest," Peter claimed, not totally seriously. "It's more fun to dance though. that's later."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yes, it's here in my pocket." Brum pulls out the cup and shows it to Owain before tucking it safely away again. She almost makes a joke about the gurgling from his gut but seeing his embarrassment, wisely decides not to. She watches instead the abbess and badger lord take their seats.

==========
Gurrtrude and Foremole help the vixen out to the tables which are beginning to fill up with hungry creatures, and sit with her on some chairs within conversation distance of Brum and co. By now, the cooks are beginning to bring out the hot dishes, filling the air with the most wondrous of aromas. The tables are laden with golden pastries of all varieties stuffed with a myriad of vegetables, herbs and spices, large pots of several types of soup including the otters' notoriously spicy Shrimp 'n' Hotroot soup, all kinds of crusty breads, "Skilly 'n' Duff (a pudding in sweet sauce), Bubble and Squeak, the most humongous "Deeper 'n' Ever Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot Poie" that Brum has ever laid eyes on and of course the giant fish which had been caught in the pond earlier. Pies jostle for space next to scones which are piled next to platters of roast vegetables and bowls of stew.

As the last few dibbuns are brought out, freshly bathed and scrubbed, several moles light the torches and the large bonfire in the lengthening shadows and the abbess rings the small silver bell on the table in front of her as she stands to her feetpaws.

"Friends, family, ladies and gentlebeasts, young and old, one and all, welcome to our feast tonight!" A brief roar of approval goes up from the crowd which the abbess soon quiets with a gentle and gracious wave of her paw.
"Thank you. I know you're all hungry, as am I, so I'll make this brief." A few exclamations of "Jolly good!", "I say, Bravo!" and "Excellent! I'm famished!" are heard from the hares who are soon silenced by a look from their commander to a few titters from the other assembled creatures.
"Tonight we celebrate our many seasons of peace and we honouring the many creatures who fought and died in the past to make this peace possible as well as those among us who continue to do so today. Let's all take a moment of silence to remember those who have fallen on our behalf and those who continue to protect our fine land." A deep silence ensues, broken only by the snapping of the fire, as all the assembled creatures bow their heads and reflect on how lucky they are.
"Thank you. Now, we'll say grace and then begin our meal. But before we do so, I have an announcement. To augment our entertainment from the band tonight," Here the band on their stage waves to their audience. "We shall be having a singing contest with the winner to be awarded a specially baked cake from the kitchens. Everybeast is most welcome to enter and the competition will run throughout the night. Simply ask the band for the song you wish to sing at any time and they'll play it for you. You're also welcome to borrow an instrument and play it yourself if you choose. I wish you all the best of luck! But enough chatter now! Let's say grace!" The Redwallers all bow their heads again.
"Fur and whisker, tooth and claw, all who enter by our door. Silver fish, your life we take only for a meal to make." intones Edlyn, using the traditional prayer for these occasions. There's a resounding "Amen!" from the assembled beasts and then the chatter resumes as the feasting begins and the abbess takes her seat.
"Now we can begin, Owain!" smiles Brum, reaching for a pastry.
"I bet you've never seen a spread like this, have you?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Cert'nly not in th' las' few blynyddoedd... years... or, indeed, ev'r." Owain helped Brum with the pastie before choosing a few things for himself. More than he initially needed, to be sure, but there were a few Hares nearby. "Singin', eh? Pity all I know's a few songs in th' March'r language." He grinned. "Or I'd be up there."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"A singing contest for a cake?" Peter mused, helping Charles fill his plate before grabing food for his. He looked to Charles. "You know any songs, Charles?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, but my brother usually sings them to me. I may need time to think of a song... Charles watched for the abbess to take her food, but all the other beasts talking and moving around, he couldn't tell what she was doing. Did she eat something already? Charles asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not yet, I'm afraid," Peter said before continuing quietly. "If you want a big hint, watch the Hares. When they eat, she has. And boy can they eat!! Oop, there they go!"
---------------------------------------------------
"There is one song," Owain mused, nodding to Alexander, Aldryd and the others as he selected a pasty to investigate. "'S from the Marches close t' the border wi' th' language 'ere. It mix's the langu'ges."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles helped himself to some fish and cheese, and some Deeper never turnipn tater... whatever the pie was. What kind of drinks do you see? Charles asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Peter said, indicating Ambrose, "there's the person to ask about drinks, I fancy. Ambrose keeps the cellar. But I can see Apple Juice..." he strained for the jug, "just... within reach!" He smiled as he managed to get a grip on it and brought it over. "You wish to try it? From our own orchard."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure! Charles replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, they'll be happy!" Peter poured Charles a large glass before turning to his own. "Never go small," he warned, "you might never get a second chance."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tha's def'nitely a turnip," Owain said after trying some of the pie. His face indicates that it's not entirely a hit.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh, then let me have some." Aldryd said smiling and gesturing to the turnip dish
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain nodded and pushed the pie dish to Aldryd. "N'v'r got along wi' Turnips" he said. "Bett'r'n most I've tried though."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles thanked Peter and sipped the juice. I've never had such tasty apple juice before. Charles remarked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sure songs in your own language would be just as well received." encourages Brum.
"We'd likely not have heard them before and we love learning new ones." She picks up her mug and climbs to her paws, ready to head over to the barrels of beverages.
"Fancy a drink? We've got October Ale, Strawberry Fizz, Elderberry Wine, Cider, juice, fresh water, tea, anything you like." She giggles as a shrew sings a ridiculous song about a vain shrew having his shoes stolen by an owl.

==========
Gurrtrude helps herself to some of the giant pie.
"Would you'm loike t' be a-troiyin' summ Deeper 'n' Ever Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot Poie? 'Tis a gurt favourite 'mongst us mole-folk an' et's our speshlty."* She offers a large scoop of the pie to Sara as she talks.

*Would you like to try some Deeper than Ever Turnip and Potato and Beetroot Pie? it's a great favourite among us mole-folk and it's our speciality.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Al'aes a bett'r singer after Cider, Brum." Owain mused. "Bu' I could stand t' try the beer more first?"
-----------------------------------------------------
""I'll tell them you said that," Peter said as he poured his own. "They'll say it's the apples but that's them being modest. I say it's the skill of the pickers! Of which I am one, time to time so thank you." He nodded to Charles.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Look for me at dawning... when the earth is asleep... Charles took another sip of the apple juice, trying to recall the words. Sorry, my brother usually sings the song, I just listen. I'm trying to remember that one.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Gurrtrude helps herself to some of the giant pie.
"Would you'm loike t' be a-troiyin' summ Deeper 'n' Ever Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot Poie? 'Tis a gurt favourite 'mongst us mole-folk an' et's our speshlty."* She offers a large scoop of the pie to Sara as she talks.
"yes please , thank you" the fox said , receiving the piece of pie from Gurrtrude "There're so many beasts and food here , I can never imagine seeing something like this" she said in amazement
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd cut himself a fat slice of the turnip dish, "Aye, but turnips are this man's favorite."
Hotep the psychic

Trevor and james soon joined the feast. The two seemed tired with the hoods down. The smell of food only worsened the beastly noise the twos stomach made. They then looked for an open seat
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So... October Ale?" Brum gets Owain the drink of his choice and helps herself to strawberry fizz. Passing the mouse his drink, she seats herself again and helps herself to a few crispy baked potatoes.
"Have you done much singing or performing, Owain?" she queries.

==========
Gurrtrude plonks the piece of pie onto Sara's plate and then gestures to the other foods. "You'm c'n 'elp 'eeself marm. Et wotever takes yer fancy, hurr hurr. An' you'm bees roight too. There be a gurt many creeturs at Redwall, spesh'ly t'night fer the feast."* The mole offers Sara the same choice of beverages offered by Brum to Owain.

*You can help yourself, ma'am. Eat whatever takes your fancy, hurr hurr. And you're right too. There are a great many creatures a Redwall, especially tonight for the feast.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, 's th' way of life in th' marches, Brum, m'Cariad," Owain advised dreamily, "An' thanks fer th' ale. I weren't th' best in Wyeside bu' I weren't th' worst either." He took a quaff of the Ale. "Y'self?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd began to pile his plate high with food, a hungry grin on his crooked face
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Have you thought of a song, Peter?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh," Peter said absently as he nibbled a Mushroom tart, "I have a couple I'm thinking of but I should warn you," he added conspiratorially, "I'm such a good singer that they make me ring the bells!" He laughed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron as awed by how much food there was and started taking a bit of everything, instantly falling in love with the Shrimp 'n' Hotroot soup. But what awed him more was how much food a single hare was able to eat, you'd think that the where facing a seven season famine.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

My mother says our family prides itself in being excellent singers, but I can't really tell. Charles remarked. Charles decided to try the hotroot soup now, taking a bowl full.
Taking a sip, Charles sat quietly, holding the spoon to his mouth quietly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I never doubt the honesty of a guest - or their mothers as that usually gets me cuffed - but I think the best way to find out is to test it," Peter said. "D'you know 'hey, give me cake and bring me ale?' Two can sing that as well as one."
-------------------------------------------------------
"What've you, Brum?" Owain asked before swallowing a pickle. "Bet you've got a great sin'in' llais." He waved to Sara.

((Llais = voice))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I cannot sing for the life of me!" Aldryd joked, clasping and unclasping his hands a few times before he started to tear through his food
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A little appalled at the big otter's table manners, Brum turns her attention instead to the mouse's question. Swallowing her mouthful, she takes a quick sip of strawberry fizz before replying.
"Sorry, too busy eating. I think with my stomach when food's around, so my mother used to say. Err... Singing, right. Well... I don't think I'm much good but the others seem to like me. Maybe I'll give the competition a try tonight. I do know a song or two. I sometimes sing a bit while I'm straightening up the library, you know. It passes the time. So... What do you like to do for fun when you're not wandering or saving people?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled. "Oh, I used t'do a bit've fishin'. Until one snapped m'stick. I'm a bit've a..." he tried to get the word but couldn't think of it so he mimed whittling, "wi' a stick, y'know? I've 'eard a few tales an' told 'em an' made a few coin an' learn'd a few tricks. No' magic 'f course. Jus' deception. Oth'r than tha'? Just makin' carts n'other wood'n things. Once tried m' 'and at playin' more'n one instrument at once." He smiled at the memory. "Lost m'balance, fell off a bridge and ended face down in th' mud."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Gurrtrude plonks the piece of pie onto Sara's plate and then gestures to the other foods. "You'm c'n 'elp 'eeself marm. Et wotever takes yer fancy, hurr hurr. An' you'm bees roight too. There be a gurt many creeturs at Redwall, spesh'ly t'night fer the feast."* The mole offers Sara the same choice of beverages offered by Brum to Owain.
"Thank you" Sara said , taking a sip . The drink tasted really good , and even though this was the first time she tasted something like this , the fox couldn't help but thinking she had something like this before....but ah well
"Everyone seems to be having a lot of fun" she said , noticing some familiar beasts nearby , there were Owain , Brun , Aaron , even Aldryd as well
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

How does it go? Charles said, still drinking the soup, but adding MORE hotroot to it.
Hotep the psychic

Trevor and james soon join the group with food and sit close with charles and freinds."phew im starved. Glad theres still something left." trevor said before sotting and eating.
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles smiled at the 2 hooded beasts.
You should try the deeper never pie. It tastes pretty good! Charles said as he began eating the fish.