Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You rescued the dibbuns. That makes the tale bright enough for me, cydymaith." Brum replies with a wink in Owain's direction as she uses the word which she remembers means "comrade" or "fellow" according to a traveller who'd visited the abbey several seasons ago.
"I'd like to see the world as you have, Owain. It must be wonderful to explore the woods and beyond without a care, letting your paws take you where they will." she enthuses wistfully.

==========
"Then stay here you shall. You can always visit and teach him your skills and tricks, Trevor, so long as they're peaceful. We do not condone warfare or violence here unless it is in the defence of an innocent creature in genuine and immediate need. How do you like the tapestry and the sword, Charles?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You rescued the dibbuns. That makes the tale bright enough for me, cydymaith." Brum replies with a wink in Owain's direction as she uses the word which she remembers means "comrade" or "fellow" according to a traveller who'd visited the abbey several seasons ago.
"I'd like to see the world as you have, Owain. It must be wonderful to explore the woods and beyond without a care, letting your paws take you where they will." she enthuses wistfully.
"'S'easy bu' it's still 'ard, Brum," Owain said, smiling at the compliment, "an' I'd say th' same to you, 'Lex. Wand'rin' can only be done if'n y'don't want t' stop. If'n you've no reason to an' o-where y'want to call yer own." He mused. "Abbey c'uld send out people, y'know? Tell of th' abbey an' see what they c'n offer in return eh?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

My brother says that we should be more prepared for an attack, should the Laterose patrol fail to stop any bad guys. Charles said, remembering his loud debates with the people of Noonvale.
I think Martin sorta looks like my brother. Charles replied, looking at the old tapestry.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"well then lets see if we can get him a message" trevor said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Our messenger should be here in a day or 2. He's an owl! Charles said, holding onto Trevor's neck.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Esper wrote:"Indeed!" Aldryd chuckled deeply, eyes shut with mirth
"So um , I guess you're here for the feast yes ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "'S'easy bu' it's still 'ard, Brum," Owain said, smiling at the compliment, "an' I'd say th' same to you, 'Lex. Wand'rin' can only be done if'n y'don't want t' stop. If'n you've no reason to an' o-where y'want to call yer own." He mused. "Abbey c'uld send out people, y'know? Tell of th' abbey an' see what they c'n offer in return eh?"
"Well, some would disagree with that. Take Brag and Saro, for instance. I was reading about them only yesterday. An otter and a squirrel, they were right terrors when they were dibbuns here." Brum giggles. "Oh, the stories about them in the records! But anyway, they took to wandering just because they wanted to see the world. They always returned to Redwall though. But it's well-known that Rewall is a place of rest and healing and peace aid. All the woodland creatures know they can come here for help as they have done for centuries and not be asked for anything in return other than the pleasure of their company over a pleasant meal."

==========
As they talk, a small group of moles exits the abbey and climbs up the walls, spreading out to watch the woods in all directions.

==========
"Are there bad guys on their way, Charles? Do you know something of a danger to our abbey?" asks Evelyn, turning to face the lad.
"If you do then please tell us so we can be prepared. For all our sakes."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"We need to be prepared anyways. birds attacking on trails to redwall is no laughing matter. we must assume that the same force is close and will continue these attacks on travellers." Trevor said. he then turned to james who was leaning on the wall waiting. his cloak covering him with the hood covering his face "james what is it?" Trevor said ""moles are on the walls. and i saw the birds over the woods, not very far but they are there" james said in a soft tone as if not to let many know.
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Tue May 06, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Al'ays good t' 'ave a rest," Owain agreed, leaning on Brum a little as they sat and watched the gardeners readying things. "F'r a few minutes at a time, eh, friends?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The big badgum is supposed to be coming down from his mountain to visit! He had to tie up ends before he could leave, so maybe that's him? Charles asked.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd nodded yes, "I had heard in town a few months back that a gathering was in order, so I marked down the date and here I am."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Big bad... Oh, you mean the Badger Lord? From Salamandastron? Yes, I heard he's coming. He's a good creature. He and the Long Patrol hares have protected our shores from many a piratical raid. I wonder if he's as huge as everybody says. The Long Patrol might be able to help find your grandfather too. At Redwal we only fight in defence, Trevor. We've no guarantee those birds will attack again but Foremole has apprised the abbess of the situation and will take the necessary measures to protect us should we be attacked."

==========
Up on the walls, one of the moles spies a cloud of dust slowly approaching up the road from the south and points it out to his comrade.
"Burr, lookee there. I wunner wot eet cud be?" The other mole is about to reply when like thunder a cry goes up from the cloud as the creatures raising it spot the abbey in the distance.
"EULALIAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
"Oi reckon I be knowin 'oo dem be, boi okey!" grins the second mole.

==========
Brum is about to reply to Owain when she hears the battle cry cutting through the warm afternoon sunlight. Recognising it instantly, she bolts to her feet fairly shaking with excitement.
"Did you hear that? It's the Long Patrol! The Badger Lord really IS coming! We have to go up to the walls to watch!" As she speaks, the bells begin to toll, joyously welcoming the Lord and his battalion of hares.

==========
"Here that, sire? We've been spotted! Let's give em the old battle cry again, let 'em know we appreciate the welcome, jolly good sports that we are, wot wot?"
The Badger Lord, marching proudly at the front of his arm and standing easily taller than two mice smiles at the exuberance of his Brigadier.
"Do you know something, Brigadier? I rather like that idea. Let's march double time while we're at it, get there quicker so you an fill your ever-empty belly.
"Very good, sire. A creature can't march on a bally empty stomach, wot. Stomachs are made for fillin', they are. Right ho! You heard the Lord. Double time, everybeast! Quick, March! Battle cry on the third count! Ready! Hup Two Three!"
From the mouths of a hundred hungry hares the blood-curdling battle cry rings through the forest again.
"EULALIAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Waking up from all the noise Aaron quickly jumps to his feet not knowing what is going on, he goes to find Brum to see what all the excitement is about.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

At the sound, Owain flipped himself to his feet and took up a fighting stance in case he needed to... Was Brum excited by this? Wasn't that a war cry? He stopped looking around and forced his heart to calm as knowledge of the poultice on his feet re-entered his head. "The who?" he asked. "An' yer sure it's not 'ostile?" He added at the second warcry.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd nodded yes, "I had heard in town a few months back that a gathering was in order, so I marked down the date and here I am."
Sara was about to answer , but then the bell suddenly rang , and she could even hear noises , a lot of them , some even sound very scary , which made the vixen visibly shaken in fear
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Snapping to attention, Aldryd quickly stepped between the fox and the wall, dropping into a fighting stance, "I would stay behind me..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm positive, Owain. You can relax. The Badger Lord and the hares of the Long Patrol are based in Salamandastron and protect our coast from corsairs and pirates. They've long been friends and allies of Redwall and but it's been many seasons since they've visited. The only threat from them is that they might steal the food from your plate. Ever had a meal with a hare?"

==========
The molenurse trundles over to Aldryd and Sara, a reassuring smile on her face.
"You c'n relax. 'Tis nawt t' be afeard of. They'm be 'appy bells an' that warcry be the cry o' th' Long Patrol 'ares an' the Badger Lord o' Salamandastron. Eem be a gurt old friend o' Redwall, ee Badger Lord."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Once," Owain said, "end've it, 'e weren't th' only one 'oppin' mad(!)" Owain mused, relaxing his posture. "Heard tale of these as legends. Be interestin' t'meet 'em an' see wha' tales they 'ave."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"o-oh" Sara exclaimed , still a little bit shaken up , but evidently calming down "I erm....I understand , thank you" she said , trying to put up a weak smile
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles heard the bells toll inside the abbey.
Why are the bells tolling? he asked.
Hotep the psychic

James and trevor look at each other then smile hearing the faint yells.."wehave visitors at the gates. lets go see who it is" Trevor said as him and james walked out the hall to outside. once outside james looked ahead. "seems the badgers here with the long patrol" james said looking at charles
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

As Trevor turned to leave, Charles looked back at the sword, and in the pummel stone, the reflection of a mouse that had the same look in his eyes as his brother.
How did Vincent get into the pummel stone? Charles asked himself.

Outside, Charles saw that the badger and the hares had gotten by with no visible injuries. At least, non that he could make out. The way they walked appeared to have no limping, and no arms were covering any spots.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, I bet they'll have a lot of stories to tell." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That it will!" agrees Brum leading the way across the grass towards the gates.
==========

"That's a welcome toll. Someone must be arriving. Let's go see who it is." Evelyn explains as she follows Trevor and Charles out to the gates which have by now been thrown wide to admit the column of hares with the badger lord at its head. The battalion, most of whom are armed, march straight into the abbey in perfect step, heading to where the abbess waits smiling on the lawn.

"Company, HALT!" bawls the Brigadier and the hares instantly stop, snapping straight to attention as they do.
"Company, GREET!"
"EULALIAAAA!!!

The abbess spreads her paws wide in a welcoming gesture.
"Redwallers, let's greet our friends in kind!" she calls.
From the mouths of the hundreds of creatures of all shapes, sizes and species who live in the abbey and who have gathered to greet the Long Patrol and the fabled Lord of Salamandastron, a war cry even louder than that of the hares seems to shake the very foundations of the abbey.
REEEEEDWAAAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!
"Friends, welcome once again to our abbey! It is our honour and pleasure to again offer you the paw of friendship and invite you to share in our feasting and festivities."
"Abbess Edlyn! 'Tis good to see you again! We are pleased and honoured to be here and to accept your invitation." Lord Brock, the badger lord, embraces the abbess, making her look ridiculously tiny. The abbess embraces her old friend in return as best as she can. Releasing the abbess, Brock nods to the brigadier who salutes and turns back to the Long Patrol.
"Company, Arms to the rear! Stow 'em in the gate house!" There's a clatter as the hares divest themselves of their weapons and pass them back to a small detachment who ferries them to the gatehouse before returning and standing to attention again.
"Company, At ease!" As one the hares shift to a more relaxed pose.
"Right, remember, here yer representing the Long Patrol and Salamandastron so on yer best behaviour! Company, Dismissed!" The hares smartly salute their brigadier and then gradually begins to disperse into small groups and wander off as they begin conversations with the various Redwallers. The abbess and the lord wander off together towards the orchard.

==========
"Well, how did you like that, Charles?"

==========
"Impressive, aren't they, Owain?" grins Brum, turning to her mouse friend.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"War forces us'lly are, Brum," Owain said with an awed grin as they watched the discipline and pomp on approach. "'Special when they're cyfeillgar... uh.. friendly."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

None of them are harmed. Those birds that attacked us didn't bother them... Charles said, hugging Trevor's head.
Hotep the psychic

"james go speak with the long patrol captai. on the route they took and anything else you cN find. if he asks tell him our usuall excuse."trevor said as james nodded before walking off. "so charles want to explore more or see the woods around redwall."trevor asked
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow." Alexander said in awe.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd turned back to Sara, grumbling under his breath, "Too much fuss..." his face had darkened
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain tried - and failed - to whistle as he saw the Badgerlord. "He is a biggun, isn' 'e?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't want to go into the woods again... Charles said. Let's just stay inside the abbey. Can we go see the bells? Charles asked.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri May 09, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd turned back to Sara, grumbling under his breath, "Too much fuss..." his face had darkened
"S-sir Aldryd , are you feeling well ?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"War forces us'lly are, Brum," Owain said with an awed grin as they watched the discipline and pomp on approach. "'Special when they're cyfeillgar... uh.. friendly."
"Indeed... Have you seen many war forces?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Owain tried - and failed - to whistle as he saw the Badgerlord. "He is a biggun, isn' 'e?"
Brum giggles. "Aye, that he is, and I'm assuming you were trying to whistle and not being rude."

=========
"Why not? They are quite impressive up close. It's this way, Mr. Trevor." Evelyn leads the way to the bell tower. The bellringer is fortunately still in the tower by the ropes so Evelyn asks him if he'd be willing to show Charles the bells.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"One'r two," Owain confessed as he watched the approaching pair and wondered if Brum meant to change course. "Good'uns fer th' most part. An' I pretend I c'n whis'le when I'm on th' road."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course I will, Evelyn. My pleasure." The young ringer looked down at Charles. "and I guarantee his safety. Hello, young sir, I'm Peter."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor soon follows evelyn to the bell tower
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

((Charles is on Trevor's shoulders still))
Charles looked down at the bellringer from his spot on Trevor's shoulders. Hi, Mister Peter. I'm Charles Voh. the young mouse smiled. He adjusted the uncomfortable bandage on his face.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Much a pleasure to meet you," Peter said, reaching a hand up. "And yourself, of course, sir," he added to Trevor. "What would you like to see first?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eith'r they're gettin' bigg'r or they're gettin' closer, Brum..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Umm... the bells? Charles asked, not sure what else there was to see.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"No no, nothing wrong." Aldryd sighed, "I'm just not a man for big fuss."