Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Nostson

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Nostson »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:I don't think anyone has experienced true euphoria until they have beaten Syobon Action (better known as Cat Mario) at least once. It's such a relief to know that you did it, even though you usually lose a few hundred cats along the way. |D
For some reason I LOVE games that are far too difficult. I Wanna be the Guy (and it's countless spinoffs), and Rom-hacks like Kaizo Mario are really fun, even if I can't get past the first level...
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Nostson wrote:
Mickey the Luxray wrote:I don't think anyone has experienced true euphoria until they have beaten Syobon Action (better known as Cat Mario) at least once. It's such a relief to know that you did it, even though you usually lose a few hundred cats along the way. |D
For some reason I LOVE games that are far too difficult. I Wanna be the Guy (and it's countless spinoffs), and Rom-hacks like Kaizo Mario are really fun, even if I can't get past the first level...
2 words, bro.
Flappy Bird.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I just beat Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I got it Saturday, so I beat it in 4 days. Hooray!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

hypernovatic wrote:I just beat Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I got it Saturday, so I beat it in 4 days. Hooray!
How'd you think it compared to the original?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I really enjoyed it. The ghosts were adorable, especially the Polterpup.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I didn't like how you kept getting taken out of the mansion(s) after each chapter. It kinda broke up the atmosphere and made it feel less spooky.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

True, but it was still really fun. On the part where you look at the screenshot with King Boo in it. When he turned around it scared me so much I screamed, because it was so unexpected.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Also I didn't like how the treasure system was simplified. I thought the first did it so much better.

It was still really fun, sure. I just liked the first one better.

I beat Bastion yesterday! It was quite the lovely game. :3
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Little Mac from the Punch Out series is going to be a playable character in the new Smash Bros. game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmtrmAvL5aw

What are you guys' thoughts on this?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Abuse the ranged moves on the little guy! :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Awesome!
But they better add tails to the game. I love Tails.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just so long as his Final Smash move is the Tornado or Hyper Tails' Flickies.
He should also have some good ranged moves given he has lasers and bombs. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Anyone else want to see Combo Final Smash moves?
If your doing a team brawl, you team with your partner for a final smash?
That would be awesome!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Saturn381 wrote:Little Mac from the Punch Out series is going to be a playable character in the new Smash Bros. game.

This is the first new character I'm actually excited and super happy for. Don't get me wrong, Megaman is great, but I've never actually played a Megaman game.
I am a little saddened about his final smash, I'd have honestly preferred it to just be the star punch and for it to have worked like a vertical Critical Hit (simplicity is the best weapon)...but I'm not complaining with what we're getting.

By the way you 2. If they did that with Brawl, Nintendo would have to make 1260 different final pair smashes. I personally prefer them giving each character their own fairly unique (Fox, Wolf, Falco..really?) final smash than Nintendo giving us anything else... Also, I'm fairly sure Brawl is often played as a 1vs1vs1vs1 game as opposed to a 2vs2. All of Nintendo's trailers have shown that since the beginning. I doubt they'd suddenly make it into a team based game now.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm pretty sure they're not going to make it focused on pairs. Don't worry.

I think Little Mac will be cool!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

He looks like he'll have a lot of good combos.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Been playing (and obsessing) over Ragnarok Online again, 10 years after I've left it. It's the first online game I've ever played.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Just beat Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Was everything I expected it to be and was awesome. Pokémon and Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS are definitely the only games I can think of playing on the 3DS now. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 now.

Kingdom Hearts always takes that whole power of friendship deal and makes it all too adorable, if predictably corny at times (And I'm still surprised Disney lets Square go into that depth.) but it's also got some awesome soundtracks.

Now to get Smash Brothers in the future =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing Tales of Vesperia and Devil Survivor Overclocked. (Hooray for lesser known games!)
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Little Mac from the Punch Out series is going to be a playable character in the new Smash Bros. game.

This is the first new character I'm actually excited and super happy for. Don't get me wrong, Megaman is great, but I've never actually played a Megaman game.
I am a little saddened about his final smash, I'd have honestly preferred it to just be the star punch and for it to have worked like a vertical Critical Hit (simplicity is the best weapon)...but I'm not complaining with what we're getting.

By the way you 2. If they did that with Brawl, Nintendo would have to make 1260 different final pair smashes. I personally prefer them giving each character their own fairly unique (Fox, Wolf, Falco..really?) final smash than Nintendo giving us anything else... Also, I'm fairly sure Brawl is often played as a 1vs1vs1vs1 game as opposed to a 2vs2. All of Nintendo's trailers have shown that since the beginning. I doubt they'd suddenly make it into a team based game now.
Meh, they need more variety with the final smash, not just a tank that comes in.
and it needs to be flashy and powerful! Not just flashy, like Mario's fire power final smash.
If they were to change mario's final smash, they should make it to where he knocks the player into a Mario cart match, where a bunch of shy guys run the player over, and then a blue shell blows the character up.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

May I just quote what I once said about Falcon and say that "If you prefer the air so much then why don't you get Rob64 to deliver your arwing!?" :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Back to playing Tales of Innocence R and grade farming.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:

Meh, they need more variety with the final smash, not just a tank that comes in.
and it needs to be flashy and powerful! Not just flashy, like Mario's fire power final smash.
If they were to change mario's final smash, they should make it to where he knocks the player into a Mario cart match, where a bunch of shy guys run the player over, and then a blue shell blows the character up.
...That's Captain Falcon's final smash minus the blue shell. :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I got a 2DS!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cool. Are you enjoying it? And what color did you get?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

yeah! I got the red one, because my last system was blue. I don't have any games for it yet, but the web browser is awesome! Except when it comes to facebook...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Any games you intend to get? You really need Pokémon. :P
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Mario kart 7, Super smash bros., Kid Icarus uprising (maybe), and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

MrNeonShot wrote:yeah! I got the red one, because my last system was blue. I don't have any games for it yet, but the web browser is awesome! Except when it comes to facebook...
Hey that's the same color I have for my 2DS! And I agree with Sleet, you should get Pokemon. Heck, everyone should get Pokemon, even if they don't have a 3DS or 2DS.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Then how would they play if they didn't have a 3 or 2ds?

I'm hoping to borrow Mario kart 7 from my friend later.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Well, I never said which Pokemon game. I also think you should get Fire Emblem Awakening.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

phoenix wright for the 3ds has been added to my wishlist!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

X and Y is the only option. They're so good.

And I second FE:A. Amazing game.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Got Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Been playing that.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Are there graphic adventure games players here? A refined game genre strictly for PC platform where's used the mouse as controller and with a slow and thoughtful gameplay. Personally I loved to play Syberia, Syberia 2, Memento Mori and few more. Will need to recover hystoric ones like the Monkey Island series, Sam & Max series and Grim Fandango.
Exist also some Agatha Christie's novels made as graphic adventure games. If you want, download the demo version of And Then There Were None here. ;)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Persona 4 Golden. Serious game is serious.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Some of the CDs for Monkey Island 4 and Grim Fandango that we had at home broke before we could finish the games years ago and I could never find a copy of either again. : (
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

My cousin likes those types of adventure games. So do I, I just didn't feel like buying any yet, except for Walking Dead. He mostly plays Broken Sword.

If I get a list of them, i'll PL them to you, or maybe post them =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Contemplating what I should play later. Okami, Tales of Vesperia, Mario and Luigi Dream Team or Persona 4 Golden.