HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

(OOC - this post was written with Welshie's permission. ;) )

Joan follows Potato into the lounge room after picking up Kilo from the table. "So where exactly did you find that switch?"
"Under here, Mrs. Joan." Potato scurries back under the bookshelf and Joan gets down on her belly to watch here he goes.
"I fell off the shelf and then I saw this old plug and I tried all the other plugs but I didn't try this one yet so I tried it like this and then something went clunk." Potato demonstrates how he had pulled the cover off and pushed the button, only this time nothing happens. Potato looks confused and pushes the button several more times.
"It went clunk before! It really did! You have to believe me!"
"I believe you, Potato. I think you opened the catch when you pressed it the first time so now we have to find whatever you released. When we shut it again, it should reactivate that button so it'll clunk again when you push it the next time." Joan sneezes, blowing up a cloud of dust around Potato.
"Urgh. It's so dusty under there! Sorry, Potato." Sitting up again, she blows her nose as the mouse emerges from the dust cloud, coughing and sneezing.
"Now. Where to start looking? Any ideas, Kilo?"

~~~~
"We have Doc to help us. He'll be leading the search party out in the woods, hopefully. Friday's men will search for evidence in and around the car as well as accompanying Doc on the search. We'll probably use Nadia as bait to try to lure the wolf out here again. You've no need to worry, Hutch. Besides, remember what I said earlier about stress? We don't want your stomach blowing up like a balloon again."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:(OOC - this post was written with Welshie's permission. ;) )

Joan follows Potato into the lounge room after picking up Kilo from the table. "So where exactly did you find that switch?"
"Under here, Mrs. Joan." Potato scurries back under the bookshelf and Joan gets down on her belly to watch here he goes.
"I fell off the shelf and then I saw this old plug and I tried all the other plugs but I didn't try this one yet so I tried it like this and then something went clunk." Potato demonstrates how he had pulled the cover off and pushed the button, only this time nothing happens. Potato looks confused and pushes the button several more times.
"It went clunk before! It really did! You have to believe me!"
"I believe you, Potato. I think you opened the catch when you pressed it the first time so now we have to find whatever you released. When we shut it again, it should reactivate that button so it'll clunk again when you push it the next time." Joan sneezes, blowing up a cloud of dust around Potato.
"Urgh. It's so dusty under there! Sorry, Potato." Sitting up again, she blows her nose as the mouse emerges from the dust cloud, coughing and sneezing.
"Now. Where to start looking? Any ideas, Kilo?"
"Hmm," Kilo mused, taking the opportunity to join Potato. Somehow he managed to avoid all the cobwebs and much of the dust as he wove his way through the underside, "Unless the operator was a maniac - and I am assuming, of course, that they were not - the switch would be to something immediately available. The question becomes... what?" he looked up but couldn't see anything in the dark so he turned his attention to the book case itself. After a moment he spoke again. "Ah," he said. "Miss Joan, Miss Kandi, could you pull this bookcase out? i think there may be something behind it.[" he moved back out, dragging Potato with him. "You need another bath, my boy." he pointed to one corner of the bookcase as Potato protested that he'd HAD a bath this month. "I rather think you should push from the back end there to start with." he chuckled. " I rather suspect the other edge might be difficult to move indeed, hmm? yes, indeed."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Fine... I'll try to calm down. If you need more back up, Roo will probably help... Hutch lied back down.
And don't be late. The worst thing to come home to is-- Hutch stopped himself before saying any more. Perhaps Oreo wasn't ready to hear anything violent... but then again, he has been acting casual about it so far...
...Don't let him die. Just don't let him die.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "We have Doc to help us. He'll be leading the search party out in the woods, hopefully. Friday's men will search for evidence in and around the car as well as accompanying Doc on the search. We'll probably use Nadia as bait to try to lure the wolf out here again. You've no need to worry, Hutch. Besides, remember what I said earlier about stress? We don't want your stomach blowing up like a balloon again."

See they have it handled out there..

Are we sure that Nadia is not the evil mastermind villain, an the wolf out there is the forest animal police.

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Ah," he said. "Miss Joan, Miss Kandi, could you pull this bookcase out? i think there may be something behind it.[" he moved back out, dragging Potato with him. "You need another bath, my boy." he pointed to one corner of the bookcase as Potato protested that he'd HAD a bath this month. "I rather think you should push from the back end there to start with." he chuckled. " I rather suspect the other edge might be difficult to move indeed, hmm? yes, indeed."
Kandi shows off her guns, I am Sheeeee-Ra
Kandi takes a hold of one side of the book shelf and starts pulling it away from the wall..
Hey this thing is on hinges, Just seems stiff from disuse.. a little oil and this would swing easily.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We won't, Hutch. We won't. But thank you for the offer of help. We'll let you know if we need it. Do forest animals even have police, Oreo?"

~~~~
"I'll give you a hand. I don't think we have any oil but elbow grease should do the same job. Shift over a bit. Together now. One... Two... Three!" Joan puts her shoulder to the book case and heaves. The bookcase gives a squeal of protest and then it gives and swings aside to reveal...

... Nothing. There is nothing but a blank section of floor and wall behind the book case, broken only by the ancient plug and a single knothole on the floorboard.
"Well... That was anticlimactic..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:"We won't, Hutch. We won't. But thank you for the offer of help. We'll let you know if we need it. Do forest animals even have police, Oreo?"

~~~~
"I'll give you a hand. I don't think we have any oil but elbow grease should do the same job. Shift over a bit. Together now. One... Two... Three!" Joan puts her shoulder to the book case and heaves. The bookcase gives a squeal of protest and then it gives and swings aside to reveal...

... Nothing. There is nothing but a blank section of floor and wall behind the book case, broken only by the ancient plug and a single knothole on the floorboard.
"Well... That was anticlimactic..."
"Most certainly unexpected," Kilo agreed. "I would almost regard it as disappointing were it not for one thing." He moved closer to the center of where the case had been. "The gentleman who built this house evidently had a lot of secrets he - or she - wished kept secret from certain law officials and," he added, tapping his nose, "the good habit of working alongside his pets. If the law discovered the hidden switch and the swinging bookcase, they still would discover nothing, correct? After all," he remarked, pointing to the knothole, "Who notices a knothole? Potato, examine that, if you would please?"
Potato, used to being ordered about, did as ordered. "You're s-sure there are no spiders or traps?"
"Fairly sure, my boy, fairly sure. If you go to the trouble of hiding something this well, you rarely have to use something as common as traps and I would not risk your life unwarranted, would I?"
Somewhat mollified, Potato lay on his side and stuck an arm in. Feeling around, he stayed prone for a minute, his little face contorted by effort. Eventually, he pulled himself back up. "I think there's a fingerpad grip under there? For a finger to pull? But it's too heavy," he added sadly.
"Oh," Kilo moaned happily, closing his eyes and grasping his stick with both handpaws, "Trus symbiotics between human and animal! The secret cannot be found without both working together! My admiration for this fellow grows! Come, let us make room for larger fingers than ours, hmm?" The pair scuttled away from the exposed flooring. "Scratch would have adored this fellow and his cunning."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot lifts chip into his scarf.

"You said it Chip."

Faust picks up Elliot.

"If I get the first buby trap, I'm dropping both of ya."

Faust says as they head to the door.

"Let's go people. Time's wasting."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury picked up a small box and followed along
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey-ho," Chip sang as they started off, "and down we go, jackal riding; Jackal riding. Hey-ho, and down we go, all down to the base...ment."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

by now Nadia had already decided to ignore the conversation between the pets and Samantha , and instead she just lied down in her cage , trying to get some rest.....
......before the time comes.....
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka got up from the table and walked over to watch the antics of mice and (wo)men.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Blick whimpers quietly while going down the stairs, expecting something to jump out at her at any moment. She tries to be in the middle of the crowd, but somehow ended up at the front. Her 'night-vision' kicks in, and suddenly everything is less scary. Although she can see with her night-vision, it's never as good as it would be with more light, and Blick wants to see what's coming the best she can. Plus, Flynn and Chip probably can't see well at all. "Where's the light switch?" She asks, looking everywhere at the bottom of the stairwell.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Pyre and Ryze silently follow the group.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I bet it's on a wall or a string, Blicky." Chip laughed. That is Blick, yeah? Not Merc or Pyre trying it on?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"Yeah, it's me." Blick replies to Chip. "There aren't any string traps down here, right?" She asks, thinking of Scooby Doo.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"We won't, Hutch. We won't. But thank you for the offer of help. We'll let you know if we need it. Do forest animals even have police, Oreo?"

it's more of a goon squad..Oreo admits. that you can hire to protect you, or get things back for you, or settle disputes.

***~~~***
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After all,[/color]" he remarked, pointing to the knothole, "Who notices a knothole? Potato, examine that, if you would please?"
Potato, used to being ordered about, did as ordered. "You're s-sure there are no spiders or traps?"
"Fairly sure, my boy, fairly sure. If you go to the trouble of hiding something this well, you rarely have to use something as common as traps and I would not risk your life unwarranted, would I?"
Somewhat mollified, Potato lay on his side and stuck an arm in. Feeling around, he stayed prone for a minute, his little face contorted by effort. Eventually, he pulled himself back up. "I think there's a fingerpad grip under there? For a finger to pull? But it's too heavy," he added sadly.
"Oh," Kilo moaned happily, closing his eyes and grasping his stick with both handpaws, "Trus symbiotics between human and animal! The secret cannot be found without both working together! My admiration for this fellow grows! Come, let us make room for larger fingers than ours, hmm?" The pair scuttled away from the exposed flooring. "Scratch would have adored this fellow and his cunning."

You do have the advantage of size in this case. What looks like a small hole to us, is like a large picture for you.
Kandi sticks her finger into the knothole and tries to activate the switch..
Now is it a push or a pull..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Who do you think taught me in the..."

Elliot trips a string with his head.

"What the!?"

The lights flash on and confetti pops out.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip yelps and ducks into the scarf for a moment.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Pull it up! Let's see what's there!" encourages Joan excitedly. Gravel crunches outside, but Joan doesn't notice as she waits with baited breath to see what secrets are hidden beneath the floor.

The front door creaks open and Flynn enters, followed by John, carrying the sleeping corgi. Flynn quietly shuts the door while John carries the sleeping corgi upstairs and tucks him in, hanging his satchel on the bedpost where he'll see it when he wakes. His nose filled with the scents of lavender, John's secret herbs and lemons tart, Flynn doesn't detect the smell of cougaress as he enters the house. He follows his ears instead to where Joan, Kandi, the mice and Senka are gathered in the lounge room.
"Mum! I'm ho- home..." the word catches in his throat as he catches sight of Senka. Apparently John had forgotten to warn him. He swallows and then plucks up his courage again before proceeding into the room.
"H-hi, Senka. Nice to see you again. Hi, Kandi."
"Hi, Flynn! How did you go with you friends? Do you need any dinner or have you already eaten? Oh, by the way, this is Kilo and Potato." Joan indicates the two mice.
"G'day. I'm Flynn. Nice to meetcha." Flynn offers his paw to the two mice. "I already had dinner with the jackals. They made the best pesto! Watcha doin'?"

~~~~
"I see... So how does one hire this "goon squard"?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"How'dyado?" Potato said, shaking the offered handpaw. "I knew I smelt Rabbit, Kilo!"
"Potato, my boy," Kilo replied, "if I had not smelt him the same as you there would be little point in your confessing that to me now, would there?" He smiled indulgently at the younger mouse. "Plus his presence has been mentioned. You should pay attention." He turned to Flynn. "Gratifying to meet you," he said gallantly as he leaned on his 'crutch'. "As for what is happening here I am afraid we made a mess when we found a way out of the tunnels beneath and, as we attempted to make up for it by helping the delightful Miss Joan find the control for that hole..." He gestured to the large hole... "we seem to have found the means to make a new hole instead."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Faust simply yawns being used to this trick.

"Dad never changes. He even knew that Elliot would be getting an injury and be carried by me."
My Personas

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I look forward to it," Chip announced, "and, possibly, biting him for giving me a scare." She smiled.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

69eist wrote:"Who do you think taught me in the..."

Elliot trips a string with his head.

"What the!?"

The lights flash on and confetti pops out.
"Woah!" Pyre exclaimed, jumping back and almost falling. Ryze made a squeaking noise as the confetti surprises her.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

With the explosion, Blick yelps and jumps on top of a box. Her weight causes the tape to break a little, which causes giant snakes to pop out of it.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

At the sight of the snakes, Chip burrows deeper into the scarf with a yelp.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Ryze jumped back and knocked into Pyre with a shout. They both fell to the ground. "Ow." Pyre said. "Sorry about that." Ryze apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Your dad's a swine!" The scarf shouted.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury squealed at the sudden loud noises, falling back into a pile of boxes
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

"WHY WOULD YOUR DAD DO THIS TO YOU GUYS?!" Blick shouts from behind the box. She peeks into the box and finds some pictures of the Jackals when they were younger. "D'awww...Who's this?" the vixen holds up a picture of one of the twins tying strings to various things at a birthday party.

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"D'awww. That's adorable." Ryze said. Pyre opened a box and fake spiders jumped out. He squeaked and fell onto another box.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

Stryder watched the antics from the top of the stairs. Glancing at the clock again, he nervously debated what to do, "Hey guys, I should really get going. It has been fun. Bye!" With that, Stryder hurries out the door and back home to find his dad packing a few boxes into the truck.

"I've packed your stuff already. I'm sorry but we have to head out again."

Stryder head slumps as he climbs into the car, "Aww." He looks back at the Jackal house as they drive off.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Pull it up! Let's see what's there!" encourages Joan excitedly. Gravel crunches outside, but Joan doesn't notice as she waits with baited breath to see what secrets are hidden beneath the floor.
Sure.. For the honor of greyskull! She says as she pulls up the floor planking. Hey there's a an old chest down between the floor joist here, amid some dust bunnies.
Hlaoroo wrote:The front door creaks open and Flynn enters, followed by John, carrying the sleeping corgi. Flynn quietly shuts the door while John carries the sleeping corgi upstairs and tucks him in, hanging his satchel on the bedpost where he'll see it when he wakes. His nose filled with the scents of lavender, John's secret herbs and lemons tart, Flynn doesn't detect the smell of cougaress as he enters the house. He follows his ears instead to where Joan, Kandi, the mice and Senka are gathered in the lounge room.
"Mum! I'm ho- home..." the word catches in his throat as he catches sight of Senka. Apparently John had forgotten to warn him. He swallows and then plucks up his courage again before proceeding into the room.
"H-hi, Senka. Nice to see you again. Hi, Kandi."
Watch for holes and strange things turning into doors, we have been re-decoring the place. hello again, Mr. Bunny.

~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"I see... So how does one hire this "goon squard"?
Oh with food, or shinny stuff, or what ever they might want..
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Aw they found your baby picture Elliot."

Faust says as he raises himself out of a box. Apparently he fell due to the snakes.

"Wait what!?"

Elliot raises himself in an alert manner.
My Personas

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hey Flynn." The lioness responded, giving the rabbit a nod, before returning to watching the humans and mice.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah wrote: Sure.. For the honor of greyskull! She says as she pulls up the floor planking. Hey there's a an old chest down between the floor joist here, amid some dust bunnies.

Watch for holes and strange things turning into doors, we have been re-decoring the place. hello again, Mr. Bunny.

~~~~

Oh with food, or shinny stuff, or what ever they might want..
Joan peers down through the hole. "I think that's more of a safe than a chest, Kandi. I've never seen one built into the floor before. I love this house!" She examines the lock.
"I wonder... Did anyone see what I did with the key Kilo and I had earlier?"
"So I've seen. Apparently my room isn't the only one with a tunnel. This is so cool! Wait'll I tell Hutch!" Flynn remembers he has Hutch's card so he pulls out his phone and texts the dog with the news.
"So how did you find your way out of the tunnels, Kilo? And how did you get into them in the first place?"

~~~~
"I see... I wonder if we could contact them somehow and if they'd know anything about what's going on..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo relayed the tale of how he and Potato had found themselves in the tunnel, once again omitting the point of where they had been bound and Potato, known for his stories, embellished the trip through the tunnels to the house. "Mr John assisted us up from the tunnel into this most exquisitely intriguing home," Kilo finished. As for the key, dear lady, I recall it being in the other room when you replaced it with my current encumbrance." He looked at an offended Potato. Not you, my boy, the crutch."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I see... I wonder if we could contact them somehow and if they'd know anything about what's going on..."
"What makes you think that even if they're involves in this somehow , they would want to show their faces to humans ?" Nadia asked , with a hint of annoyance while still lying in her cage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Upon hearing the words spoken by Faust, Chip pushed herself up through the scarf. She peeked to make sure the snakes were fake before relaxing and calming her heart. "Can I take a look?" She asked. "How??? How do they make these 'pictures'?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury wriggled out of the pile of boxes, covered in old clothes, "Baby pictures?"
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot was so embarrassed by his baby picture and clothes that he started blushing red like a laser light.

"D-d-d-d.......DAD!"

Faust began to blush too but was a lot more calmer than Elliot.
My Personas