Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

deepskycyan

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by deepskycyan »

Sorrow: Long time friend just told me she will be leaving the country for further study after Christmas. Don't know when she's coming back :(

Joy: She let me take care of her cute little budgie while she's away, had the bird transported to my place today so we could get to know each other before my friend left.

The budgie is blue. And has a yellow beak. Coincidentally is named Pete. :shock:
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I hope for your sake it never learns to speak... or threaten your mortal existence. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Keep him away from corgis. :lol:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

As long as nobody here starts seeing dragons I think we should be fine. :lol:
If you see a magical nine tailed fox please alert your nearest mod and temple. :P

Joy: sitting around doing nothing, I decided to listen to some old music from Retro games. Currently: Star Light zone! :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: The more I get told about research papers, the less I know I wanna do one and the more I know I'm gonna fail for not doing it.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Joy: I just finished my final history exam. My first semester is finished, and now Christmas break begins. :D
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Joy: I bought my sister's Kobo from her for $50. I love bargains.

Sorrow: The back is a nice shade of lilac
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Joy. TUAM is another Kobo user. (I have the Arc)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Saturn381 wrote:Joy: I just finished my final history exam. My first semester is finished, and now Christmas break begins. :D
Lucky you! ;)
I still have to do 2 project works and 2 exams next week *sigh*
But then, half of my study is over :)
I'm longing for christmas break! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: English is gonna be the reason why I don't graduate. :(
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: I hurt all over right now.

It started yesterday when I had to stack firewood for the better part of a day. It wasn't that bad (Even if I had to fix the stupid wheelbarrow I was using TWICE), but all of that up and down really set my up in a bad way for today. Because today I had to unload not one, not two, but THREE kitchens worth of cabinets. In fact, one of the kitchens (The biggest one no less...) we not only had to unload from the delivery truck, but then had to load it back into my uncle's trailer to bring to house where we had to unload the entire thing AGAIN. In addition to of all of the regular cabinets (And two big bathroom vanities that were also in the delivery) we had a solid, 8 foot tall MONSTER that had to weigh every bit of 135 (Maybe more. I just duno) pounds. (The thing is actually so tall that we can't stand it up. It hits the ceiling. We're gonna have to literally cut this thing down a few inches for it to fit right) And if having to move that thing THREE times wasn't enough to make you sore, try dropping a cabinet on your leg. Nothing was damaged, (Cabinet or my leg), but I'll be feeling that alone for at least two days.

So my leg, back, shoulders, and neck all ache. I will never get into the moving business.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

kurowolfe wrote:Try getting a random flatmate? I mean, it's one way of getting to know a complete stranger, and if everything goes well, you can get to expand your social circle a little bit. The risk of getting someone who you don't like is pretty high, but you'll never know until you try.
I'll look into it, I kinda have to, although I honestly have no idea where to start, heh.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: I just hate my inability to comfort people when they're sad. I know that others say listening to they're problems will help, but to me it just doesn't seem enough.
Another Sorrow: A friend of mine (who I have a crush on) is feeling bad cause he says he might not be able to graduate this year. Which makes me feel bad cause I'm not helping him, even though I could.
Yet Another Sorrow: An argument happened earlier today between two of my classmates. A really BAD argument. They were shouting at each other a lot while the others just did nothing. Even though some of my classmates did try to stop them, others would just tell them not to get involved and just let them go all out. Some of my friends were even joking that our class is full of warfreaks, basically people who like arguing a lot. I just smile and laugh, even though deep down I'm a little worried by this.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I'm not really looking forward to Christmas break too much. I'm probably not gonna see any of my friends the entire time.
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Small sorrow: weather going sliiiightly crazy. -22C(~-10F) yesterday, +1C(~+30F) today, and tomorrow it's going down to -10C(~+15F) together with 30m/s wind and "ice rain". I can see car crashes already.
Small joy: my new debit card should be ready before New Year.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Joy: Just found my beanie I was searching since a few days. I usually rests in the passenger side door of my car and I thought I lost it. But it was in the pocket of the jacket I didn't wear since about last february... Now it goes back in the car where I find it when I need it. Winter can come.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: I get to go watch the Hobbit on Saturday! ! !
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Render wrote:Joy: Just found my beanie I was searching since a few days. I usually rests in the passenger side door of my car and I thought I lost it. But it was in the pocket of the jacket I didn't wear since about last february... Now it goes back in the car where I find it when I need it. Winter can come.
Aren't beanies like those little hats with propellers on them? Or am I mistaken?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

TinFoilHats wrote:
Render wrote:Joy: Just found my beanie I was searching since a few days. I usually rests in the passenger side door of my car and I thought I lost it. But it was in the pocket of the jacket I didn't wear since about last february... Now it goes back in the car where I find it when I need it. Winter can come.
Aren't beanies like those little hats with propellers on them? Or am I mistaken?
I was talking about such a thing:
If that isn't called beanie, please tell me how you call it.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Slight Joy: We did absolutely nothing in English today
More slight joy: I finished my Geometry Quiz in about 5 minutes.
???: All this is happening on Friday the 13th...
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Megamaster wrote:???: All this is happening on Friday the 13th...
Oh, yeah, it's Friday, 13th! GREAT JOY! I like this date very much.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Render wrote:
TinFoilHats wrote:Aren't beanies like those little hats with propellers on them? Or am I mistaken?
I was talking about such a thing:
Your hat is a beanie.
This (below) is properly called a propeller beanie, though it has been called a beanie for short. Note that it is basically your hat (a beanie) with a propeller on top (thus propeller beanie).
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Render wrote:I was talking about such a thing:
We call them Tukes
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Finally beat Pokémon Y! Now I can move on to other games.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Someone in school hates me. He doesn't just hate me, he REALLY REALLY hates me. So much that he does his best to remind me every single time he sees me. He says a lot of mean things to me and just does his best to make my life hell. He does this constantly every single day in school and I am just nearing my limit. I know I should just ignore him, but it's hard to that when he's all up in my face. I really can't take it anymore. I'm gonna lose it if he keeps doing it again.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just belittle him at every opportunity to point out to everyone else how stupid he is. Tends to shatter bullies fragile little egos. :lol:
The thought that someone is being a jerk for no reason other than to fulfill some kind of pitiful sense of pride makes my hackles rise though. Hope you can stop them Shadow, if not then they will get karma visiting them.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Slight joy: I'm not tired for once.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy:It's the weekend, Christmas soon, even if a friend doesn't help me with money, I'll be alright, I think.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Joy: Our christmas party felt like a success! everyone had fun and we all came home soaking wet. I stayed in at a beach resort with some friends, havin' some kind of afterparty? X3
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Ice cream always makes me feel a little better.
ShadowLightning

Slight Sorrow: I found out that I'm "mentally" younger than most people my age.
Anxiety: Tomorrow's the start of exam week. I hope I do good this quarter.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

ShadowLightning wrote:Slight Sorrow: I found out that I'm "mentally" younger than most people my age.
What exactly do you mean by "mentally younger"?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
ShadowLightning

I took this test that will find out what your mental age is. It says that my mental age is 13 years old, which is 3 years younger than my real age. Basically, it just means I'm more naive and less mature than most people my age. Which is true seeing as how I'm making such a big deal about something this minor.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Shadow, take it from someone who was probably mentally 3-4 years older throughout middle and high school, that's no big deal. It's who you are. Some people are just a little younger at heart, and there isn't anything wrong with that. As long as you don't let it become a problem where it counts (School work, grades, responsibilities, ect), you will be fine.

Not to mention I just took the test to see and I got 37. My real age is 19. I know I've always thought and acted more like an adult than I really was, but 37 just sounds a little... out there. I wouldn't trust this test as a true indicator of your mental age.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

ShadowLightning wrote:I took this test that will find out what your mental age is. It says that my mental age is 13 years old, which is 3 years younger than my real age. Basically, it just means I'm more naive and less mature than most people my age. Which is true seeing as how I'm making such a big deal about something this minor.
I got 14 and I'm pretty happy with that, given how my real age is 18. It's more fun this way I've found.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Got a lot more sleep than usual.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Someone in school hates me. He doesn't just hate me, he REALLY REALLY hates me. So much that he does his best to remind me every single time he sees me. He says a lot of mean things to me and just does his best to make my life hell. He does this constantly every single day in school and I am just nearing my limit. I know I should just ignore him, but it's hard to that when he's all up in my face. I really can't take it anymore. I'm gonna lose it if he keeps doing it again.
Bring it to the attention of the teacher.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: got grades back for two of my classes. 4 pointed both of them. Waiting on the other two.......
Sorrow:I like coming home but it always makes me feel kind of uncomfortable. Hanging around the old neighborhood and with my family and old friends just reminds me how much has changed. And brings up certain issues that I'd rather ignore.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorrow: I got a D in Calculus II and needed a C, and it was a prerequisite for a class I had signed up for next semester.

Joy: My school has grade forgiveness, so only my second attempt at the class will appear on my transcript.
Joy: I already was going to need to take another class so I could qualify as a full-time student every semester before I graduate, so retaking this won;t be any extra strain on my dad's wallet
Joy: I already registered to retake the class so I should be back on track to my degree after that.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Got the first draft of one of my scripts for this summer done.
Sorrow: I'm really doubting myself lately. So it's hard to tell if it's really bad or I'm just being overly-critical
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz