Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: My new Chromebook should be coming tomorrow. I can't wait, seeing how it's the best Chromebook (In terms of performance) on the market right now. (On top of the new hard drive that's coming with it that I'll install after about a week just to be sure that I don't void the warranty in case something doesn't work)

Joy: On Tuesday I should be getting a new DC jack (The thing you put the plug into so your computer will charge) for an old HP laptop our family doesn't really use anymore. The one that's in it is really, really touchy. My research seems to indicate that this isn't an uncommon problem...

Joy: After that, I'll basically have 4 fully functioning laptops. My Samsung Chromebook, my Acer Chromebook (The one that's coming tomorrow), the old HP, and my Dell. Don't ask me why, I don't know why I need 4 either.

Joy: On top of fixing the HP, I'm looking into upgrading the hard drive from the old HDD that's in it to a new SSD. This means that I'll not only make it as fast (if not faster) than a new laptop, but I won't have to worry about any old viruses (Or anything else for that matter) that my family may have put on it. I never really used it so I don't know what kind of stuff is hidden in the depths of the memory... (I'm also thinking of getting an SSD for my Dell for the performance increase.)

Sorrow: The problem of 4 laptops (A first world problem if I ever heard one) lead to the question of how keep effective track of them and all of their equipment (Chargers, mouses, Ect).

Joy: I actually already solved that problem at a thrift shop. A huge laptop carrying case that I actually thought was for storing a desktop tower at first. Got it for $5. I didn't look up a price for a similar sized one, but I'd imagine it would run at least $50.

Joy: I also solved the problem of keeping too many wires and wired things (Like ear buds) in the same space. I found some velcro wire straps that are absolutely AWESOME. They will no longer become a tangled mess just from simply keeping them in the same pouch.

And one final Joy: Got paid some money today. Not a lot considering the work I did to earn it, but money is money.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Sorrow: Being forced to take charge of making a decision that really shouldn't be mine (and should have been made a week or 2 ago), and I'm going to get some flak for it.
Joy: The fly that has been buzzing about and adding to my frustrations tried squeezing through the crack between my laptop screen and the keyboard :| Apparently the space was too small, and it died in the attempt. :lol: My mood is now increased.
Further Joy: The Online Etymology Dictionary :D *contented sigh* Love this thing
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: Gonna be another late one. Today has been kinda draining but this paper is almost done and I think it'll be good.
Joy: It's not gonna be an all nighter.
Joy: Tomorrow morning I'll actually be able to just wake up and play some bass before class.
Joy: Got three movies off my watchlist this weekend. And in the end that's all I really want to do on any given weekend. I'm glad I got to just experience the joy of watching new films again. It's been to long.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I think I've officially run out of creative thought to give outside of school. All these threads in front of me, and all these new and interesting things I'm finding, and I can't think of one "correct" thing to say about any of it. Just gibberish and confusion.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Gotta deal with more English today.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: Last night my television died.

Joy: I still have radio and my record player.

I was sad that I didn't have anything to watch my movie collection on, so I decided to count it. Just by cases and not counting multiple disks per case or multiple movies on a single disk, it turns out I own 463 DVDs... and I can't watch a single one.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Gonna play some more Xillia 2 when I get home.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Joy: I might get Internet soon, so I can actually come here with some form of regularity!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I actually managed to draw something today.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

A little Joy: Had a nice personal conversation with a friend of mine.
A little Sorrow: He asked me who my crush was. Problem is, he is one of them. You could imagine how hard it was answering his question but at the same time not tell him the truth.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: More zeros for English...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

ShadowLightning wrote:A little Joy: Had a nice personal conversation with a friend of mine.
A little Sorrow: He asked me who my crush was. Problem is, he is one of them. You could imagine how hard it was answering his question but at the same time not tell him the truth.
That makes it quite awkward, but you will get there eventually! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Get to draw something today.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: My mom brought home chocolate. A lot of chocolate. Hopefully, it lasts for at least a week.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Muse

Post by Muse »

Joy: A friend offered me roommate position at a cost of less than half the rent. He makes more than I do, and could cover the rent entirely, but if he did, he would not be able to afford the furry cons he goes to fairly often.

I think I have to take him up on this.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That's an offer you just can't refuse right there. :lol: take it.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Pie time!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Mmmmm pie... What flavor may I ask?
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

It's pumpkin pie.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Bleh. Been sick the past two days with fever and too many short naps. had to call off work two days in a row. :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

As I had said to Sleet before, bury yourself under blankets, kick up the thermostat if it's okay, and drink lots of warm water. Try to sweat if possible, it helps to rid the body of heat through perspiration. Going to the toilet often also helps.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Not Sure: I need 10 people to show up for "recitation circle" on Tuesday of next week (right before Thanksgiving break) or I'm not allowed to have the scheduled students do their presentations... at 2:00 and 5:15 pm... -_-
I may have to do some recruiting *sigh*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Running off of 4 hours of sleep and pumpkin pie!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

GameCobra wrote:Sorrow: Bleh. Been sick the past two days with fever and too many short naps. had to call off work two days in a row. :(
Get well soon!
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: Got that essay finished, and managed to find a few out a few interesting things nonetheless
Sorrow-ish: I look forward to getting that essay back and hearing all the things I already know went wrong...AKA, the paragraphs don't flow well, it seems I've referenced things that don't need referencing, the essay isn't focused enough etc.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Megamaster wrote:Joy: Running off of 4 hours of sleep and pumpkin pie!
How is sleep deprivation a joy? D:

Sorrow: No pie or any sort of confection in the house...I'm jealous ;_;
*cough*
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Sorrow: I don't think anybody here knows who I am anymore and that is upsetting.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: No more pie. :(
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I know who you are, Kalloon! Though I still don't think we've interacted at all since the last time this happened in this thread :lol:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I recognize you but we have never spoken... So hello! :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: My clock didn't go off when it was supposed to.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

GameCobra wrote:Sorrow: Bleh. Been sick the past two days with fever and too many short naps. had to call off work two days in a row. :(
Hope you feel better soon, Cobra.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Drew something
Sorrow: Gotta figure out when I'm gonna work on this project for Economics.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Medical school secondary applications are long and I have like a dozen to do still.

Joy: At least I have this opportunity still!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Uncertain Joy (ha): Naps for the past two days were a nightmare, but today I feel good. I still have a light stomach, though and I generally only want to eat light foods. I'll likely be going to work today and see if I can work through it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: Got that article review in on time, with over a day to spare.
Sorrow: I've not even finished the notes on the book for my book review, yet it's in for Monday...and there's a game convention happening this weekend...*sigh*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Going through the usual. Loneliness sucks. :(
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Joy: Got the new "Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" today and it's awesome! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Xillia 2 is such a good game.
UT Mike 97

Post by UT Mike 97 »

Joy: Oddly enough, I had a sudden burst of inspiration earlier, and managed to write my first song.

Sorrow: I'm not going to have anything fun to do for a full month. I was hoping to get a new gaming computer since my last one kicked the bucket, but I have no possible way to afford one.