HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

Paul nods. "Sure. I'll be right back." True to his word, Paul returns a few moments later with the cards, paper, pencil, eraser and sharpener, and a small camping lantern.
"There's no powerpoint in the cage so I can't give you a night light but will this do instead?" he passes the vixen the requested items.

~~~~
Piper sees the effect the song has on Radar and immediately regrets her choice. "Thanks... I'm sorry... You really miss them, don't you?" she says softly, carefully setting the guitar aside.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Just a little off, nothing to worry about Hutch replied.
(INSERT JOANS STORY)
Hutch felt bad for Flynn. Almost being eatten would have scarred Hutch even more than he already was. Hutch admired Flynn for his bravery through that ordeal.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yup. Sure am! Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!" Flynn fist pumps the air, accentuating the last words, and becoming more relaxed by the minute.
"OI! OI! OI!!!" chorus Joan and John loudly and in unison behind him. Flynn grins at that.
"Did the accent give it away?"
Blick chuckles. "A little, where in Aussie? I visited Sydney once, but only for a couple days while my owner and I were on a layover from Tokyo. How're you liking the states so far?" She says, tail wagging slightly.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip listened contently to the others talking of places she'd never been to and would probably never get to. She'd heard the names on occasion at the Milk factory but this was new. This was special. She made a mental note to ask him about his jungles - or deserts, fields, whatever - at some point. But, for now, listening was enough. However..."Food sounds good, Faust," she said.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar drooped her ears and shrugged. "Yeah... I miss them... A lot." She places her paws uncomfortably in her lap and drooped her head slightly. "They were my everything."
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury looked aimlessly for an open conversation
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Well Elliot, we better get going. It's about time we ate something and you need to rest."

"Oh c'mon Faust, we just met a lot of pets here."

"If you want, you can invite some of them to our place for a snack."

"Okay. (Elliot turns towards the others.) Hey guys, who's up for a snack at our house? We live in house no.24."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

69eist wrote:"Well Elliot, we better get going. It's about time we ate something and you need to rest."

"Oh c'mon Faust, we just met a lot of pets here."

"If you want, you can invite some of them to our place for a snack."

"Okay. (Elliot turns towards the others.) Hey guys, who's up for a snack at our house? We live in house no.24."
"Uh....yea, sure I will join you guys. I just have to check to make sure my dad isn't back yet, we were going to have him help us get blueprints for Hutch's investigation. But I am pretty hungry," Stryder pauses a moment, "And I don't think there is much food at home until my dad returns with the groceries anyway."
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Sure, our Dad made sure we had foo..."

"What investigation!? Can we help?"

"Elliot, we could have talked about this over food, sheesh."
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Could I join?" Mercury purrs from the edge of the group
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ballarat actually - right on the outskirts. Ever hear of it? It's in Victoria, kinda North-West of Melbourne. It's quite famous for the Eureka Stockade and the Sovereign Hill museum. The States could hardly be more different to home. But I like it so far. The pets all seem quite nice. I've even found myself talking to foxes which I never thought I do. Everything is different here though. The smells are different, the soil is different, the - well, the food is quite similar, but then rabbits are a bit limited in our dietary choices. Even the heat is different - it's a dryer heat at home. Not that being different is a bad thing." Flyn hastens to add.

John decides not to press the issue. "Well, if you're sure." he says doubtfully and returns his attention to Flynn.

His attention still on the fox and lioness, Flynn doesn't hear the conversation between the jackals, dog, mouse and cat.

~~~~
Piper nods understandingly. "Do you wanna talk about it?" she enquires gently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Esper wrote:"Could I join?" Mercury purrs from the edge of the group
"For the adventure or the food"" Chip asked before remembering Mercury was a cat. "Uh, ham and that sort of food!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"I'll see what we got, unless you guys are in the mood to order something."

"Ooh ooh, let's order pizza, ice cream and orange soda!"

"Do you have a death wish bro?"

"Nope, just a big appetite for poison!" (XP)
Last edited by 69eist on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:Paul nods. "Sure. I'll be right back." True to his word, Paul returns a few moments later with the cards, paper, pencil, eraser and sharpener, and a small camping lantern.
"There's no powerpoint in the cage so I can't give you a night light but will this do instead?" he passes the vixen the requested items.
"Yes , this will do just fine , thank you Mr.Walton" Nadia answered with a smile , doing her best to appear to be grateful , despite the fact that her inner self is facewalling really hard out of frustration at that very same moment , but hey , at least she got these little things to pass the time
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nut," Chip said, grinning as she tapped Elliot on the neck.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"You should see Faust when he gets his hands on lemon lime Chip."

"ELLIOT!"
My Personas

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip laughed as she made her way into the scarf for the journey. "It's good to be with loving brothers again," she said, propping herself so she could see where they were going.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh," Leslie added, "Mr John would like the eyce backpack... er pack back too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The investigation! I totally forgot! And I was sleeping in a tree! Hutch shouts. He struggles to remember what they were planning on doing.
What were we doing, searching for clues at the park? He asked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"What are you investigating, tree barker?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The house at the end of the street. Or more specifically, what's under it. Hutch replied.
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

69eist wrote:"Sure, our Dad made sure we had foo..."

"What investigation!? Can we help?"

"Elliot, we could have talked about this over food, sheesh."
"Hutch works for a paranormal website as an investigator, so he travels around investigating legends and paranormal activity. Apparently, there is a legend that one of the old owners of Flynn's house still lives there in secret passages or something. We were going to see if my dad could get us in to see the blueprints for the house so we can find the secret passages."
Esper wrote:"Could I join?" Mercury purrs from the edge of the group
"It is Hutch's investigation, but I don't see why you guys wouldn't be able to join in."
MrNeonShot wrote:The investigation! I totally forgot! And I was sleeping in a tree! Hutch shouts. He struggles to remember what they were planning on doing.
What were we doing, searching for clues at the park? He asked.
"Oh, right. I forgot about that. Yea, we were going to look for clues while waiting for my dad to get back." Stryder pauses for a moment in thought, "Oh and to get someone you guys left behind at Flynn's house."
MrNeonShot wrote:The house at the end of the street. Or more specifically, what's under it. Hutch replied.
"Under it? Is there more to the legend than what Piper told me? What exactly are we investigating?"

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, the Site doesn't specifically investigate paranormal activities. We do whatever we're paid to do. What we're doing now is under "cave exploration". If we manage to find something under there, it's more of a treasure hunt. Hutch put on a quizzical face as he thought for a moment.
We're waiting for your dad because we need a human, right? If John's not busy, we could just use him.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ballarat actually - right on the outskirts. Ever hear of it? It's in Victoria, kinda North-West of Melbourne. It's quite famous for the Eureka Stockade and the Sovereign Hill museum. The States could hardly be more different to home. But I like it so far. The pets all seem quite nice. I've even found myself talking to foxes which I never thought I do. Everything is different here though. The smells are different, the soil is different, the - well, the food is quite similar, but then rabbits are a bit limited in our dietary choices. Even the heat is different - it's a dryer heat at home. Not that being different is a bad thing." Flyn hastens to add.

John decides not to press the issue. "Well, if you're sure." he says doubtfully and returns his attention to Flynn.

His attention still on the fox and lioness, Flynn doesn't hear the conversation between the jackals, dog, mouse and cat.
"Sovereign Hill? Hmm, that sounds familiar, but I don't quite remember. Blick scratches her head.
"I don't really remember what Aussie was like, but I know if you want dry heat there's a place out west that seems to make people happy! I think the name was Las Vegans, no that doesn't sound quite right..." She shrugs "Ah well, it'll come to me.". Blick's ears suddenly swivel around towards someone yelling. Oh great. Gem just has to ruin the park too.

~~~~~

A toddler had gone over to the ugly, patchy Gem, and whacked him on the side. The kid was obviously trying to pet Gem, but was too young to be gentle about it. Gem rears up from sleep, hisses, and then scratches the baby. "That'll teach you kids not to mess with sleeping cats that just want to be left ALONE!" Gem roars. The kid wasn't badly scratched, but was screaming bloody murder. Parents retaliate but Gem couldn't care less, and walks off to find another tree.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip moved back up onto Elliot's shoulder to whisper in his ear. "I take it we're going with?". She sounded enthused.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury, happy to be going along, rummaged through his bag for the yet incomplete map
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"If it's an exploration, we are perfect for the job. For cave explorations, Faust will be useful. He can locate the origin of echos since he is used to playing percussion instruments and exploring caves."

"Elliot's strings will come in handy in mapping new locations. When it comes to adventure, we are well experienced."

"You wanna come too Chip?"
My Personas

wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

MrNeonShot wrote:Well, the Site doesn't specifically investigate paranormal activities. We do whatever we're paid to do. What we're doing now is under "cave exploration". If we manage to find something under there, it's more of a treasure hunt. Hutch put on a quizzical face as he thought for a moment.
We're waiting for your dad because we need a human, right? If John's not busy, we could just use him.
"Yea, that was the reason, but John works too. I'll have to make sure to let my dad know he doesn't need to take us if John agrees to help."

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The thing is, we'll need a professional to look around the caves. Even then, only a couple people and pets would be able to go down, I think. We don't want a large group to look after.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh, then I ought not go. I'm too clumsy to be efficient."
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Ugh, that lousy old cat! I wish his owners would get home soon. She hears something about cave exploration, and paranormal activity. She excuses herself from Flynn for a second and turns to the other group of pets. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything, but what's this about exploring and the paranormal? Are there ghosts haunting the town, because I thought I heard something last night rapping at my window after I unpacked." Blick says quickly with excitement in her voice.

~~~~~

The old cat doesn't find a 'decent' place to sleep, so he starts for the Von Gorge's house. Before Gem leaves the park, he thinks of someone else for once and leaves Blick a note saying where he went. This should get that crazy vixen off my case.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kateleo007 wrote:
"Sovereign Hill? Hmm, that sounds familiar, but I don't quite remember. Blick scratches her head.
"I don't really remember what Aussie was like, but I know if you want dry heat there's a place out west that seems to make people happy! I think the name was Las Vegans, no that doesn't sound quite right..." She shrugs "Ah well, it'll come to me.". Blick's ears suddenly swivel around towards someone yelling. Oh great. Gem just has to ruin the park too.
Flynn pulls his phone from his collar and scrolls through the photos to find some of Sovereign Hill. "Look familiar?" he asks, turning the phone around for the vixen's perusal. He knows straight away to where she is referring with her next statement.
"You mean Las Vegas? Who hasn't heard of that city? I don't think I'll be going there any time soon though. I'm not old enough in human years to gamble anyway. Nor could I afford it." Flynn hears the shouting and sees Blick's reaction to it.
"Friend of yours?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow, and then nods and allows the fox to excuse herself.

~~~~
Paul can see that the arcitc fox is frustrated so he sits down next to her and gives her a rub on her back as he tries to soothe her with his next words.
"I know how frustrating it is, being stuck in hospital, Nadia. I've been there myself, and I'm sorry to have to force it on you, but at the risk of sounding cliched and even more frustrating, it really is for your own good. If you really want to get out of here more quickly the best thing you can do is try to stay calm and focus on healing, OK?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

69eist wrote:"If it's an exploration, we are perfect for the job. For cave explorations, Faust will be useful. He can locate the origin of echos since he is used to playing percussion instruments and exploring caves."

"Elliot's strings will come in handy in mapping new locations. When it comes to adventure, we are well experienced."

"You wanna come too Chip?"
"Well, who else is gonna scout through the inevitable tiny gaps? Senka?"
------------------------------
"So, howze Vera?" Leslie asked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: After the mouse climbs off her hand, Joan decides to show the vet something. lowering her voice so only Kandi can hear, she brings up some photos on her phone and passes it to the vet.
"Just so you know, this is why Flynn's got a bit of a fox phobia. This was after his last encounter with a fox back home before the vet patched him up but after he was anaesthatised. The fox that did it was one that someone was trying to train to be a pet too, and he was the only fox to actually manage to catch Flynn, although many others certainly tried. We had to take these pictures to show the authorities but we've never shown them to him. You wouldn't know it was that bad to look at him, would you. I think it hurt him more on the inside than the superficial wounds you see there. Fortunately for us he's always been very resilient. Still, he was in hospital for three weeks after that and I don't think he fully realises how touch-and-go it was."
Kandi takes the phone an scrolls through the pictures..
He did get munched pretty good.
handing the phone back..
but why bring this to me? Do you want help in easing his mind and desensitizing him to the present of foxes.
Kandi rolls her eyes up at Joan.
Or is this a roundabout way of expressing disapproval of me taking in a cougar as a pet?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What? No, why would this have anything to do with- No, I just thought you might like something of an explanation as to why Flynn acted as he did when he saw Blick. And I thought that as a vet you might be interested in the photos. I think Flynn's coping pretty well by himself - look at him talking to her now. I think he just needs to learn to deal with the initial nerves when he meets a new predator - but that's kinda natural for a rabbit anyway. Although sometimes I think he's not as recovered mentally as he lets on... I'd want to talk to him about that first before I began any kind of treatment though, just so he doesn't feel, you know, forced into it or resentful or anything... And just for the record, I think it was very brave of you to take in Senka like that. John told me how you're protecting her from the poachers and the law. It's certainly unusual, having a cougar as a pet, but I think you did the right thing. Although, if I'm honest, I can understand Flynn's reation to being hugged by her earlier. I admit I was more than a bit nervous about meeting her too."

Joan returns the phone to the home screen and pockets it as Flynn wanders back over while waiting for Blick to return.
"You know, you're an amazing patter, Kandi. You could teach Mum and Dad a thing or two." he tells her with a wink before turning to Senka.
"So how are you liking being a pet, Senka? Must make a change for you. You know, you're the first big cat I've met, aside from that lion at the zoo, and he wasn't very friendly at all."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Paul can see that the arcitc fox is frustrated so he sits down next to her and gives her a rub on her back as he tries to soothe her with his next words.
"I know how frustrating it is, being stuck in hospital, Nadia. I've been there myself, and I'm sorry to have to force it on you, but at the risk of sounding cliched and even more frustrating, it really is for your own good. If you really want to get out of here more quickly the best thing you can do is try to stay calm and focus on healing, OK?"
"yeah well......never mind *sigh* I guess you have a point so....."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrNeonShot wrote:The thing is, we'll need a professional to look around the caves. Even then, only a couple people and pets would be able to go down, I think. We don't want a large group to look after.
"Come to think of it," Chip asked, "may we come along, fella? And is it OK with the house owners?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What? No, why would this have anything to do with- No, I just thought you might like something of an explanation as to why Flynn acted as he did when he saw Blick.
Kandi face palms..
Sorry, I have been taking a lot of heat for taking Senka in. John and Samantha don't approve of me taking in a feral who is fully capable of surviving out in the wild. Officials down town have been trying to throw up road blocks to my ownership of her, at my fathers urging.. Who has dis-owned me over the matter.
Hlaoroo wrote: And I thought that as a vet you might be interested in the photos. I think Flynn's coping pretty well by himself - look at him talking to her now. I think he just needs to learn to deal with the initial nerves when he meets a new predator - but that's kinda natural for a rabbit anyway. Although sometimes I think he's not as recovered mentally as he lets on... I'd want to talk to him about that first before I began any kind of treatment though, just so he doesn't feel, you know, forced into it or resentful or anything...
Ah... I didn't know what you were looking for, since i'm not his vet of record. an rabbits are not really my area of specialty. But i'm certainly willing to try.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good girl. Now you're talking sense." Paul stands up and ruffles the vixen's headfur. "I'll leave you now but I'll be back to check on you again before too long. You just stay sitting down for me and focus on getting better, OK?" With that, Paul takes his leave and heads back into the clinic.

~~~~
Joan continues the discussion after Flynn moves on to Senka. "John? My John? He seemed supportive of it, if a bit wary of Senka, from what he's told me... and... I'm sorry about your father... Look, if there's anything John and I can do to help, you've just gotta ask." Joan obtains one of the new cards from John and passes it to Kandi.
"There's our contact details, if you need anything... Truth be told, I'm not really sure what we're looking for for Flynn. That's partly why I want to talk to him first. I just haven't found the right opportunity yet. But thank you for the offer. I'll certainly let you know once we've talked to him. Or would you rather I talked to Paul?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"Good girl. Now you're talking sense." Paul stands up and ruffles the vixen's headfur. "I'll leave you now but I'll be back to check on you again before too long. You just stay sitting down for me and focus on getting better, OK?" With that, Paul takes his leave and heads back into the clinic.
Nadia didn't say anything , not that she didn't have anything to say , the fox wanted to say a lot , but in the end it wouldn't change anything , and Mr.Walton was being kinda nice , if only so that she would stay in the cage , so there's that as well . In the end , she just nodded as the human vet leaves , after that , a sigh escaped her muzzle as she turned back to Doc
"ah well , worth a try at least , thanks for the attempt by the way"
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Blick stands around for a little while, then she returns to Flynn. "Hey! What's u-u-uhhh" Blick trails off when she sees the mountain lion.
She gulps. "H-hi, m-my name's Blick. W-what's yours? A-are ya-you a pet too?" She introduces herself.
Oh my dog, I sure hope this one's a pet. I seems like everyone at ease with it so...