Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorrow: I've learnt today that I really, really don't like those blood pressure reading machines. I want to call it a fear, since I spent a good 5-10 minutes trying to psyche myself up to use it...but in the end left without using it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Whether or not I like them depends entirely on whether or not the term "sphygnomanometer," one of my favorite words ever, still describes them.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Heck, I've had a good past 6 or 7 days, so I think I should list some more of the things that I feel good about.

-I got some new Drill Bits. A full set of titanium ones for under $5. (Well, titanium coated. Full titanium would be nice, but I'm not even sure if they make such a drill bit.) For price comparison, a similar Dewalt set would cost between $15 and $20. And the bits in the one I got actually seem to be of comparable quality. It seems they tried to make up for the price difference some by giving them a cheap case, unlike the Dewalt bits that have a nice one. (Plus they were on some kind of major sale.)

-I recently got two more folding utility knives. Like, nice ones. I've wanted a few for a while now so that was good.

-Got a major job off of my to-do list today. I'm glad that it's finally done so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

-I also got paid for said job today as well. Money is always good.

-For said job I also finally got a nice brush for stains. Only I could get so excited over tools.

-Three days ago I went into a thrift store and found a really nice, heavy jacket that was my exact size. This jacket was easily worth $100 or so new, and I got it for $15. I don't think it was ever used much by its previous owner as I see no signs of wear on it either.

-Today I happened to find not just one, but two pairs of jeans that were my size at a different thrift store. You have to understand, it's not often my size come up in a thrift store. When they do, they usually get taken instantly. That makes 4 new pairs including the two others I got from a clearance rack at Walmart. I think I'm set for a while.

And that's it. Just been having a good time these past two weeks I guess.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: Been really busy with choir, and it's fun being the arranger, trainer, manager and tenor at the same time. Learned a little bit more on music theory in the process too. And my depression problem's been pushed way back because of it.

Sorrow: I actually needed some help. A friend has just lost several family members over the course of the year with her cousin passing away yesterday, and she's really down in the dumps. What's the best advice that could be given to her at this time? I only told her that it's okay to grieve the lost of your loved ones, and she should find time for herself to reflect or even cry her heart out; but everyone has to go at one point, and she should be strong in the end for their sake, and the rest of her family members. But somehow I think it's not the right thing to say to someone who doesn't want to cry in front of everyone.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Ugh. English.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: I feel like a great weight has been lifted off me. No particular reason why, I just do.
Joy: Someone thought it was a good idea to post pictures of Gabe Newell all over my school. Whoever did that deserves a medal. It just made my day seeing that in first period.
Somewhat of a sorrow: I have one D. In English. |C I always had a hard time in English though. Hopefully it'll go better this year because my teacher says there will be a lot of free-writing assignments. Last year we had one and I ACED it. 100/100. I'm so proud of that, in fact, that even a year after it was completed I still can't figure out how to top it. Usually pieces only last a couple months at the very best under me.
Joy: Otherwise, things are good in school.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Super productive day. 2 drawings instead of 1.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Joy: Ordered that new promo (at half price) pizza flavor they've added.
Sorrow: Out of stock.
Super Joy: They've given me the option to choose any other pizza with no additional charge :D
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy: I've dealed with all the tasks that I had due but one. Given that last one is history, and it's still 2 weeks before I have to turn the paper in,it's okay.
Sorrow: Well, I've put away PIN code from the bank card somewhere so I don't lose it. Guess what happened *facepalm*
Joy: While searching for the code, I've found some money that I put away, like, half a year ago, and it covers all the stipendy that I have on the card for two months :lol:
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Finished coloring in that drawing that I didn't get to yesterday.
More joy: Skype call with my best friend.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

JOOOOOOOY! Okay so first of all things were not going well. We had a lesson to start at 1:15. The vet arrived at 3:45. Then stood around for ten mins having a chat. So some muttered name calling and general hate words were sent his way for a while. Buuuut then things went underway and we got to witness the vet working on a couple of SCOTTISH WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay yes so in terms of animals they rank in the highest level of pure evilness holding the record of being one of the only animals in existence to be un-tamable...BUT THEY ARE SO SWEET!
They had to catch them (which was a merry chase indeed) and then they anesthetised them and took blood samples and weighed them and gave them booster shots AND IT WAS SO SWEEET! They are giant Tabby cats and they are simply *scream of delight*. We were allowed into the pen when they were sleeping and they were sooooooo cuuuuute. I WANT ONE...however they would probably kill me so :cry:
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Just had an awesome Skype call!
Sorrow: My friend is gonna be busy tomorrow and he probably won't be able to talk to me....
Mickey the Luxray

???: I just found a can of Coke, next to me, that I retrieved like two hours ago and never opened.
This is new. This is wrong. Someone help.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: So zetta boring.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It's half-term! Finally a week off! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: The only way of me having reliable internet here is to sit in the garage with the wire plugged directly into my laptop. This needs to be fixed somehow.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Joy: There is hardly a thing in the world more delicious than bottled Nesquik.
Sorrow: ...It's too bad I'm all out ;M;
*cough*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: This garage is so cold. I wanna go home where there's reliable internet and its warm.
Muse

Post by Muse »

Sorrow, A friend of mine, and fellow Subaru enthusiast just purchased back the car he sold a year ago after putting his heart and soul into the build. He sold it for $2500 (It's not an extreme build, but it's really a loving one) He just bought it back for $150, with signs of serious neglect, including a hole the size of a tennis ball in the side of the motor.

Joy (I guess) I will probably be getting parts off of it as he pulls it apart before junking it.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Got nothing to do and nobody to talk to. :(
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Megamaster wrote:Sorrow, A friend of mine, and fellow Subaru enthusiast just purchased back the car he sold a year ago after putting his heart and soul into the build. He sold it for $2500 (It's not an extreme build, but it's really a loving one) He just bought it back for $150, with signs of serious neglect, including a hole the size of a tennis ball in the side of the motor.
How do you neglect a car so much that you literally make it go from $2,500 to scrap in only a year?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Mickey the Luxray

JeffCvt wrote:
Megamaster wrote:Sorrow, A friend of mine, and fellow Subaru enthusiast just purchased back the car he sold a year ago after putting his heart and soul into the build. He sold it for $2500 (It's not an extreme build, but it's really a loving one) He just bought it back for $150, with signs of serious neglect, including a hole the size of a tennis ball in the side of the motor.
How do you neglect a car so much that you literally make it go from $2,500 to scrap in only a year?
I bet that the guy who bought it actually drove it for a while but used the wrong gas, so the engine blew up and the guy never bothered to fix it. It's really depressing to see a good car go in such a horrible way.
Muse

Post by Muse »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:
I bet that the guy who bought it actually drove it for a while but used the wrong gas, so the engine blew up and the guy never bothered to fix it. It's really depressing to see a good car go in such a horrible way.
This car has (had?) an EJ22E, one of the more indestructable engines out there. Our theory is that the kid ran it out of oil and didn't check it, just kept driving.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I got Pokemon Y
More Joy: I get another game Tuesday or Wednesday.
Annoyed: I left my PSP with all the games on it in my dad's car. :evil:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Why would you need those anytime soon if you have Pokémon Y? :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sleet wrote:Why would you need those anytime soon if you have Pokémon Y? :P
Cause Pokémon isn't one of those games I can play for more than 2 and a half hours.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: One more sleepless night before all my midterm stuff is done.
Joy: Helping my friend with a few re-shoots for his movie. Yay on set experience!
Sorrow: I haven't been a very productive writer this semester. I need to add that and learning bass to my weekly schedule somehow. Oh well I can sleep when I graduate. : p
Joy: Coffee
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ah the sweet caffeinated joy of coffee. I think I will join you on that one Seth. :D
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Ah the sweet caffeinated joy of coffee. I think I will join you on that one Seth. :D
I think I'm going to just sell my matress to buy a nice coffee maker.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I dunno about that myself, it's tempting but bunk beds tend to have a lot of nails in them. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: English.....
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: This week has been a complete, pardon my use of the word, hell for me. First of all, our weekend last week had to be cut short because we had classes on Saturday. Then, our computer broke down the day after. After that, we had exams. Halfway through exam week I started to feel ill and weak. And then after that, I had to stay in school late cause of cheer practice I've been forced to go to. AND THEN, I had to go through two of the most exhausting, grueling days of my entire life... that I can't really talk about much due to confidential reasons.

A little Joy: Our computer's fixed and I have the whole week off. At least that's good, right?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Joy: I made a very compelling argument.

Sorrow: It was non-sequitur.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: So tired...
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

dalonewolf25 wrote:Joy: I made a very compelling argument.

Sorrow: It was non-sequitur.
Been there

Sorrow: Sleep debt...bleh.
*cough*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: My copy of Tales of Hearts got here earlier than I expected.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Sorrow: I have to work on Halloween :(
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Two days ago, my favourite cousin got into a car accident. He stopped at a red light and she didn't see him stop. Luckily, she only crashed into his rear bumper and no one got hurt, but now he has to drive a rental car to work. =(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

^Wow, that sucks to hear. D:
Megamaster wrote:Joy: My copy of Tales of Hearts got here earlier than I expected.
Isn't that one JP only?

Joy: I have acquired red velvet cupcakes. This is going to be amazing.
*cough*
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Stuff. wrote:Isn't that one JP only?
Indeed it is.

Sorrow: Gonna have a quiz in English and I'm probably gonna fail it.