Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

sliceofdog

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by sliceofdog »

Actually, the very first recording I sent in was Rufus. (Followed by like three other characters.)
But I was cast elsewhere, obviously. So yeah, go for it if you want!
Wait... is it limited to one part per person? o_0
I've just auditioned for 4 ><
Does it help that all of mine are minor characters?
Don46

Post by Don46 »

sliceofdog wrote: Wait... is it limited to one part per person? o_0
I've auditioned for four minor characters myself. There doesn't really seem to be a limit. I think the only constricting factor is if you can manipulate your voice well enough.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Don46 wrote:necessary when needed
I love tautology, it's something I really love.

Brawlyboy went ahead and told me he's been collecting the recordings and I'm here to "officially" support him in this. It'll be a while for me.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Don46

Post by Don46 »

Ebly wrote:

Brawlyboy went ahead and told me he's been collecting the recordings and I'm here to "officially" support him in this. It'll be a while for me.
Please excuse me, I did not intend to spread my stupidity around like that. I should really be more careful. *bangs head on wall*
Last edited by Don46 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chron

Post by Chron »

Vadiant wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:I find it funny that we started with a war for Spo, and neither of the guys in the war get on anymore.
I guess what they say about war is true. No one ever really wins.

... Except the other people that want parts, I guess. But, who's to say they won't come back on?
Me! (:
But really, I do get on, frequently. It's just that I don't have a lot to say, so it gives the illusion that I'm not on. I visit the forums almost daily, so no worries about me. And I've already sent in my second recording for Spo, so I think I'm covered for that.
*WARNING* This product contains A.D.H.D. and is therefore liable to suddenly lose interest in what he's saying, stare into space for unknown amounts of time, and point at random objects shouting, "Look, a chicken!" when there is no chicken.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

sliceofdog wrote:
Actually, the very first recording I sent in was Rufus. (Followed by like three other characters.)
But I was cast elsewhere, obviously. So yeah, go for it if you want!
Wait... is it limited to one part per person? o_0
It's not limited to one part per person--heck, Buckdida is playing all three of the dog brothers (Fido, Bino, and Joey)!

Even if it were, auditioning for multiple characters would help to determine who you're best suited to voicing, no?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

It's not limited to one part per person--heck, Buckdida is playing all three of the dog brothers (Fido, Bino, and Joey)!

Even if it were, auditioning for multiple characters would help to determine who you're best suited to voicing, no?
That's a good point, yes. And I think Buckdida playing three brothers sort of works; Brothers will have similar voices in RL, so it's probably better this way ^^
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Don46 wrote:
Ebly wrote:

Please excuse me, I did not intend to spread my stupidity around like that. I should really be more careful. *bangs head on wall*
I wasn't being sarcastic; it's awesome! Nothing gets me quite as intrigued in a person's thought processes.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hey Ebly! Glad to see you again! I've been procrastinating on my recording, and I'm sorry about that. I'll try to get it to you. I don't know how well that will work, but I REALLY hope I'm still able to get Fox! :mrgreen:
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:Hey Ebly! Glad to see you again! I've been procrastinating on my recording, and I'm sorry about that. I'll try to get it to you. I don't know how well that will work, but I REALLY hope I'm still able to get Fox! :mrgreen:
I'm not back, per se, just derping about in a weird limbo between here and gone.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ebly wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:Hey Ebly! Glad to see you again! I've been procrastinating on my recording, and I'm sorry about that. I'll try to get it to you. I don't know how well that will work, but I REALLY hope I'm still able to get Fox! :mrgreen:
I'm not back, per se, just derping about in a weird limbo between here and gone.
If I tie you to a rock with a rope, will you be stuck here? Then we can talk to you all day long! until we get bored and forget that we tied you to a rock, then we come back four weeks later and we untie you. You then proceed to beat ALL of us with folding chairs.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:
Ebly wrote:
If I tie you to a rock with a rope, will you be stuck here? Then we can talk to you all day long! until we get bored and forget that we tied you to a rock, then we come back four weeks later and we untie you. You then proceed to beat ALL of us with folding chairs.
i will beat you guys with the b and the l of my name and i might even alternate the order of beating once in a while to confuse everyone that MAYBE? IT? REALLY? IS? ELBY?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sorry Ebly...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:Sorry Ebly...
I was being silly (???) and responding to your tiny text about folding chair beatings
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Hey, can I ask roughly when we can expect this project to start in proper? I really don't mean to sound impatient, I'm perfectly fine waiting if it's still gonna be a couple months, but I was just wondering how long can expect to wait?

Also, I'm willing to help with the non-recording side of this too, if help is needed there. I think this project is a great idea and I'd love to see it get somewhere :)
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I can't give you a time period; there have been issues. This is the least active I've been since I was in Canada, hahaha.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No rush, Ebs!

Remember, guys, Ebly isn't on summer vacation. It's not like he's got tons of free time on his hands at the moment, either.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Hey, did you get my audition email Ebly? (I asked someone else for your email address and they gave it to me in a pm)
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. - Randall Munroe

My Steam account.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I have a lot of audition emails I have not gone through, I think one of them did say it was from you.
Jersey

Post by Jersey »

Ok, just making sure I didn't type in the address wrong or something.
Take wrong turns. Talk to strangers. Open unmarked doors. And if you see a group of people in a field, go find out what they're doing. Do things without always knowing how they'll turn out. - Randall Munroe

My Steam account.
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Remember, guys, Ebly isn't on summer vacation. It's not like he's got tons of free time on his hands at the moment, either.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to sound impatient. It's just a thing I have, I like to know how long things will take, and I check the time loads. My RL mates complain about it all the time, because they think I'm rushing them, but it's just a habit XD
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

sliceofdog wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to sound impatient. It's just a thing I have, I like to know how long things will take, and I check the time loads. My RL mates complain about it all the time, because they think I'm rushing them, but it's just a habit XD
You're not alone, don't worry. I'm the same way.
PF chars

--Phoenix

thegamist

Post by thegamist »

hy guys
I'm sorry to ask but :oops: which voices are still free

I ... just registered I know
figured you could use some voices :mrgreen:
I suck at making avatars
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Welcome, and I have absolutely no idea, should be a list somewhere in the thread (If I'm not mistaken)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

The last time anyone gave a list of what was left will be a little inaccurate now, because there have been some auditions since then, but here it is:
there's still Fox to decide on... The waring Spos, if that wasn't resolved... And Rex... And the ferrets... And the wolves... And every single female character ever... And the Mr.Bigglesworths... And Pete... And Mr. and Mrs. Sandwich... And Fiddler... And... Well, since I think only about 10 parts HAVE been given out so far, there's still a lot of room for auditions, yes.
I have gone for the ferrets, Rex and Miles (The 'dad' wolf), but it's not definite I have the parts yet, so they're still open really. Not sure about the others in the list, but most there have not been filled.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Ebly wrote:Vadiant is Peanut
Brawlyboy is Tiger and Zach
ChewyChewy is King/Joel
Buckdida is Joey, Bino, and Fido
I fancy
ndigit for Keys and of course Joey's crazy friends
I like what
Icharus does for Fox, but I think he's best as Maxwell. (Send me a recording to make sure!)

if you've applied and aren't there, either the quality of the actual recording is a bit iffy (as in full of noise, etc) or I have no idea where you fit (try out for something else).

Sorry Jack, sorry ctcmjh. Your actual voices both sound perfectly fine, so I don't know if it's the microphone or what. Jack, there's noise all over the top of you and it makes you hard to hear (I think you'd actually be good as Marvin, it kind of suits him). ctcmjh, the recording lost a lot of your voice out and made it tinny; you sound like you're underwater (I like your Fox a lot).

Chron and Isaac are both Spo. Hmm. This needs fixing.

send me more recordings people
Here you go.
PF chars

--Phoenix

JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

This has a lot of potential to be really epic. If I get a good quality mic any time soon, I'm definitely trying out for this.
thegamist

Post by thegamist »

THANKS ChewyChewy :D
but is fidler in the category of joey's crazy friends?
Last edited by thegamist on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I suck at making avatars
thegamist

Post by thegamist »

I mean it's not much butt i'm happy with that
I suck at making avatars
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

thegamist wrote:THANKS ChewyChewy :D
Well, Fiddler's gender is opposite Keys'-- voice wise, if ndigit's good as keys AND the crazy friends, Fiddler probably doesn't fit in that category. ... Aside from being a cat, while most of Joey's friends(The crazy ones, at least) are dogs.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
thegamist

Post by thegamist »

Vadiant wrote:
thegamist wrote:THANKS ChewyChewy :D
Well, Fiddler's gender is opposite Keys'-- voice wise, if ndigit's good as keys AND the crazy friends, Fiddler probably doesn't fit in that category. ... Aside from being a cat, while most of Joey's friends(The crazy ones, at least) are dogs.
well if Fiddler has to be female then I have a problem

how about Marvin Arbelt or Earl Sandwich
I suck at making avatars
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I guess this would be as good a place as any to ask this...

Those of you who are applying for voices and what-not: I'm in the process of looking for a new mic for voice-recording. If you could drop any brand or model names that'd be a huge help. And, of course, I'm on a budget, so anything cheap would be much appreciated.
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

JOFOXX wrote:I guess this would be as good a place as any to ask this...

Those of you who are applying for voices and what-not: I'm in the process of looking for a new mic for voice-recording. If you could drop any brand or model names that'd be a huge help. And, of course, I'm on a budget, so anything cheap would be much appreciated.
I picked my mic/headset up at Target for 19.99. If you're basing it on quality for a budget, at least for me, Logitech works fine-- good recording and sound quality, and reasonably priced. According to online reviews, some people have had issues with it, so you should take that into account too; but the only problem I've personally had was with my cat eating it, not the technology itself. :P
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JOFOXX wrote:I guess this would be as good a place as any to ask this...

Samson C01U USB Condenser Microphone. You'll thank me later. = P

(You'll wanna get some other gear, like a mic stand, pop filter, shock mount, et cetera. Might be more economical to just buy it as part of a podcasting kit.)

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Vadiant wrote:I picked my mic/headset up at Target for 19.99. If you're basing it on quality for a budget, at least for me, Logitech works fine-- good recording and sound quality, and reasonably priced. According to online reviews, some people have had issues with it, so you should take that into account too; but the only problem I've personally had was with my cat eating it, not the technology itself. :P
Thanks! That's probably what I'll do until I get a more advanced mic.
Dissension wrote:Samson C01U USB Condenser Microphone. You'll thank me later. = P

(You'll wanna get some other gear, like a mic stand, pop filter, shock mount, et cetera. Might be more economical to just buy it as part of a podcasting kit.)
Yeah... so... This is what I mean by "a more advanced mic". Thanks so much!
JOFOXX

Re: HOW WILL WE DO IT?

Post by JOFOXX »

Zander wrote:I HAVE A IDEA :D

I'm really good with Vegas and i can make it just like The VG cats adaption :D
I can add sounds, make the text appear, and other stuffs :3
I think this would be neat.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Okay Ebly, I re-recorded my lines, like you told me! I hope you like it! :mrgreen:
Zander

Re: HOW WILL WE DO IT?

Post by Zander »

JOFOXX wrote:
Zander wrote:I HAVE A IDEA :D

I'm really good with Vegas and i can make it just like The VG cats adaption :D
I can add sounds, make the text appear, and other stuffs :3
I think this would be neat.
Yay :3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

This might be the exact one Vadiant is talking about, because it's also a fairly cheap Logitech one, but this is the one I have;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980186 ... 557&sr=8-1

It's pretty good. Not quite professional quality, but I'd say it's good enough for cartoon projects or podcasts and that sort of thing.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

sliceofdog wrote:This might be the exact one Vadiant is talking about, because it's also a fairly cheap Logitech one, but this is the one I have;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980186 ... 557&sr=8-1

It's pretty good. Not quite professional quality, but I'd say it's good enough for cartoon projects or podcasts and that sort of thing.
This is the one you used for the recordings that you posted earlier on? If so, this might actually be better.