HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You sure? Did you want a lift somewhere? It's still raining heavily. You'll get soaked out there."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I'm not hungry." Koa sniffed the rose that was given to him and limped back to his computer talking to himself about how sweet the rose smelled and began typing away.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury pulled his portfolio from his bag, "Oh, uh... I'd like some fish, if that's okay!"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't worry, officer, I already have her owner's details."

Paul picks up the phone, and dials.

"Hello, Josh? Your pet has been injured... oh, you know. I have her here now, there don't seem to be any internal injuries, but I have her on saline for now... no, she's mildly sedated, and in a cage, she needs rest."

~~~~

Every time Cinnamon thinks he's headed back the way he came, he runs into an underground river.

"Odd, I don't remember this being here before, I must have come another way."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes sir, we'll be fine. Don't worry about us. Although I am thankful that your thinking about us. Roo says.
I'm not sure when we'll be back, but you'll see us in the morning. Good night, and sweet dreams. And with that, Roo turns and leaves.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

<< OOC - Figure I'd at least owe a post and an apology to Argent for my late participation. >>

She glances at the mattress, then over to the blankets. Mistakenly, she could be seen taking her sweet time standing, deciding which to pick, when in reality that wasn't the case. Despite her contemplative nature, her sad, and lifelessly catatonic display say so otherwise, dimly staring down at the kind badger's paws. Shrouding a solemn, and shameful look in her eyes with the swipe of a paw while shaking her head morosely, she was nonetheless inclined to refuse the offer, even though something small, feeble, and trivially soft-spoken within her core encouraged her to reconsider. She was indebted to her quack rescuer, no doubt, but to bear the thought of it simply discouraged and saddened her.

"Sorry," she finally spoke, her eyes falling on Mr. Badger. "I'm deeply grateful for your hospitality, but... I'm really sorry. I can't stay."

A part of her wanted to explain why, telling the kind 'ol badger with a heart of gold that she was truly a pathetic creature, and that he shouldn't have wasted his effort in dealing with her. Revolving around that train of thought, she became aware of her self-hatred, and unintentionally veered down memory lane once again.

She recalls one out of many similar instances, back in her trainee days as a cadet, when praised by her peers and superiors. Evaluated based on her overall performance taken from countless sessions of obstacle courses, she was once identified by her instructor for having incredible willpower and mental fortitude, and regarded her as a stable, reliable person.

Ironic, when she was, in fact, the most mentally and emotionally unstable cadet among the trainees, faced with guilt and sadness. She just didn't show it. But what she did show was indifference, something unexpected from her allies. When told by her fellow peers of these qualities, she simply took their praise with a grain of salt. She wasn't any of these things, and that's exactly why she thought of that now.

"I'm... a failure of a warrior," she mutters honestly to Mr. Badger before walking out of the camp and into the rain. Surely but slowly, her figure eventually vanishes into the rainy, dark depths of the forest.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hoy, miss, what do we need warriors... for...?"

He stares nearsightedly into the darkness. Then, grumbling about crazy pets and crazy human ideas, he wraps himself up in the barely damp blankets and goes to sleep.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John dials the pizza place and talks into his phone for a couple of minutes before hanging up again.
As they wait for the pizzas to arrive, Joan browses through Mercury's portfolio, oohing and aahing and complimenting him in all the right places. Half an hour later a jangling of the doorbell announces that the pizza has arrived. John pays the delivery guy with a decent tip fro driving through this storm and then distributes the pizzas among the humans and pets. After devouring the food, the humans announce their intentions to go to bed, warning the pets not to stay up to late, and then excuse themselves.
"We'll set you up in a room of your own tomorrow, Koa. 'Till then you can sleep on Flynn's beanbag if you like. With that the two humans climbs the stairs and head to bed and Flynn also excuses himself, collects his lantern and heads out to his hutch.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon retraces his steps to the improved tunnels and explores more carefully, finally noticing part of the tunnel roof is wood, not stone... and it looks like there's a ladder built into it. He leaps up and tugs on the ladder, but it's firmly bolted to the ceiling.

He runs back to his fire and grabs an armful of kindling to start a new fire near the ladder, so he doesn't have to keep running back and forth as his torches die down. After it's burning well he contentiously returns and collects stream water to put his original fire out.

Meanwhile, Koa hears something thumping and scratching under Flynn's room... and the smell of smoke starts getting stronger.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn returns to the house briefly to collect a blanket from his room. As he does so he realises the smell of smoke from the trapdoor is definitely too strong to have been coming from the woods. He also hears a few muffled noises from below. He carefully places his paw on the trapdoor, testing for heat.
"Do you smell/hear that, Koa? I think there's someone down there..." He pushes the button to release the trapdoor allowing light to spill into the tunnel below. He sees a small fire in the tunnel below but no creatures are in sight. Deciding to put the fire out for safety, he climbs down into the tunnel and begins kicking dirt and dust over the flames.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

While Flynn is kicking dirt over the fire, a faint flickering appears in the distance.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury packed his portfolio and found a spot in the living room to curl up and sleep
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn squints into the darkness trying to make out the shape behind the flickering flame. He drops into one of the defensive poses which John has shown him, just in case.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Argent wrote:"Don't worry, officer, I already have her owner's details."

Paul picks up the phone, and dials.

"Hello, Josh? Your pet has been injured... oh, you know. I have her here now, there don't seem to be any internal injuries, but I have her on saline for now... no, she's mildly sedated, and in a cage, she needs rest."
" I see , thank you Mr.Walton , so would you mind if I come now or would tomorrow's morning be better , since it's kind of late now"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hey! You scwewy wabbit! You have any idea how hard it was to get that stuff burning, luckily there's boxes and boxes of like lighter fluid or something back there and after I found that it was easy to get it to light and you know I wouldn't need these fires if you hadn't busted my flashlight the other day. I was down here looking for Mister Badger and my flashlight didn't work and my phone didn't last worth anything, and do you think I could get a charge I guess I don't need a fire now if you've got electric light but if you could get me a charge and a spare flashlight that'd be great! What time is it anyway?"

~~~

"No point coming until the morning, but if you could be there early so you're there when she wakes up that would probably help."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Argent wrote:"No point coming until the morning, but if you could be there early so you're there when she wakes up that would probably help."
"yes I understand , thank you , I'll be there in the morning then"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa soon joined Flynn down the trap door and eventually catches up to Flynn. "Come on Flynn why are you so jumpy cant you smell it. It's the smell of squirrel, you probably know who it is even if you don't recognize the voice."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sixtoes? How did you get down here? Do you have any idea where you are? You're right under my bedroom. It's about half past eight. Where did you enter the tunnels? They must go a fair way. And for the record, you dropped the torch on MY head. Oh, hi, Koa. Yes, I know who it is now but I couldn't smell him before over the reek of the smoke. Sure, I've got a spare torch somewhere. But who's Mister Badger?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I told you, I was looking for Mister Badger, he comes down here sometimes to get his stuff, but I must have gotten turned around in the dark because I can't even smell my way back to... what!? It's eight thirty! I'm going to be in so much trouble! Can I get a lift back home? I need to be up in the morning Dad's taking me to Ridgemont High for a show and tell and he doesn't want me falling asleep in the auditorium again!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Who's Mister Badger? What time do you leave the clinic tomorrow? You could always stay the night and Dad could drop you around first thing in the morning. Or, hopefully he won't be in bed just yet and he might be able to take you around tonight. Either way, come on up to the house and out of the tunnels." Flynn leads the way back into his bedroom and shuts the trapdoor behind the pets as they exit the subterannean passage.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Gotta put this out properly be back in a sec!"

He scurries off down the hall and after a minute he returns with a bottle full of muddy water, which he pours over the ashes. As he follows Flynn up into the house he resumes his monologue.

"Everyone knows Mister Badger! He's the oldest badger in the forest, I've known him all my life, pretty much, I help him with human stuff like buying groceries because he doesn't like going into town nobody believes he's a pet even when he wears a collar. And he teaches me about the forest and living in the wild and tricks like wearing human clothes so you don't get shot by hunters except I don't do that because they're so hot I know some animals do but I don't see how they can stand it. Well, short haired dogs and cats maybe, but wild animals are all pretty warm enough without extra clothes except like when there's snow and I have boots and a really great overcoat. Mister Badger doesn't wear shoes even in the snow though, he's got really huge claws because badgers are diggers, and I guess his feet are just really tough."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

(Ooc: Felt like I needed to post something, so we shall enter the realm of Aron's mind once more..)

..Silence, it reminds me of when I was young.. When I was by myself most of the time, playing with random toys Leroy bought me and reading a few books after Leroy taught me to.. 'The history of aeronautics' was my favorite. It had loads of diagrams of planes, jets and zeppelins.. And descriptions of all the parts, so I studied them with great enthusiasm..

It was only after Leroy caught me reading this book when he bought me my first toy plane, I played with it so much one of the wheels fell off and a wing snapped. Leroy put tape around the wing when it broke, I cried so much.. As if it was the most precious thing to me, and it was..

I still have it..

Although I almost completely forgot about my planes when Leroy brought back Vera.. At first is was a little scared, shy.. But we became friends so quickly, it was as if we were.. Made for each-other.. I knew she liked me as much as I liked her, I could just tell by the look in her bright, emerald eyes.. I loved her, and she loved me..

I.. Was so.. Sad, when she..

..When she left. I wish I knew where.. Leroy was as upset as I was, he even ordered a search party..

I don't know what happened for her to just up and go like that.. Was it me? Was it something else? Did she ever go back to find we were gone? I don't know, but I definitely thought moving straight after she left was a bad idea.. What if she couldn't find us? It's.. Crazy. But I had no say in it..

I was sour with Leroy for a while after that. He thought I was just mourning her being gone.. It's strange that most people think she's dead when I bring her up, I just get so emotional..

It's just her being gone that makes me sad, even now.. I guess it's because we had that, Connection.. I miss her very much, and hope she finds us..

-~-

Aron slowly opens his eyes, staring towards a flat, white wall. He blinks a few times to clear his eyes of mist, then rolls over to just see Leslie in the darkness, lit up only by the moonlight through the window, curled up under the covers on the other bed. He looked awake..

"Les?" Aron asked quietly, shifting his head up the pillow.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hm?" Leslie flinched slightly. It had been a little while since the sky had last boomed but he knew it sometimes did that to catch people by surprise. He grinned slightly. "Oh, hi Aron. noisy nite wake you two?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well I've never heard of him. But you didn't answer the other question. Wanna stay the night or- Was that you phone? Um... wanna stay the night or do you need dad to take you back tonight?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I guess I can stay the night as long as you don't keep me up because I gotta get a full nights sleep which I hardly do being nocturnal but I do try and adjust but I better call Mum and let her know I'm staying over. Oh, right, that can't have been me phoning you, see my phone's dead because I had to use it for light when my flashlight didn't work and I lost track of Mister Badger but I guess I found out where he gets his medicine see."

And he holds up the bottle "Waterfill & Frazier - Medicinal Whiskey - 1923".
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Must have been mine then." Flynn checks his phone. "Oh, it's Frank - one of my mates back home." He exits the message and then passes the phone to Sixtoes. "Here you go. You can call home." he examines the bottle.
"Hmm. I wonder if it wasn't just Al who was using the tunnels for smuggling..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hello, Sandy? Oh good! Can you tell M... your mother that Sixt.. Cinnamon is staying over with Flynn, and I'll be in in time for dad to take me to the show and tell... what? You're taking me? Why? Of course, of course! No, I won't let them keep me up all night. Promise. No, don't put Mrs. Walton on... I have to go! Um, yes, they're calling me now! Bye!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn takes back his phone. "We won't keep you up. We were going to bed anyway. D'you know where the bathroom and kitchen are if you need them during the night?" He gets two blankets out of his cupboard and offers one to the pine marten. "Koa's got the beanbag tonight and I'll be in my hutch. You can make yourself comfortable in the living room if you like. Mercury's in there already I think but there're plenty of chairs and there's plenty of space on the floor."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hm?" Leslie flinched slightly. It had been a little while since the sky had last boomed but he knew it sometimes did that to catch people by surprise. He grinned slightly. "Oh, hi Aron. noisy nite wake you two?"
"Noise? No.." Aron replied, still very tired. He looks around, noting the darkness and the closed door he could just make out. "I'm still tired, see you in the morning.." He murmurs, going quieter as he falls back into slumber.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hm?" Leslie flinched slightly. It had been a little while since the sky had last boomed but he knew it sometimes did that to catch people by surprise. He grinned slightly. "Oh, hi Aron. noisy nite wake you two?"
"Noise? No.." Aron replied, still very tired. He looks around, noting the darkness and the closed door he could just make out. "I'm still tired, see you in the morning.." He murmurs, going quieter as he falls back into slumber.
Leslie made a choice. He decided to close his eyes. If Thunder decided to wake him again... well, that would be rude, wouldn't it? But, if there was no more thunder then staying awake would be silly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"OK! I'll go sleep in the car again, that was really comfortable, just don't wake me with one of your practical jokes 'cos that's really nice leather and it'd be a shame if I got blood on it."

The big weasel probably means exactly what he says, with absolutely no irony or sarcasm intended. Probably.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"... OK, I won't. See you in the morning." With that Flynn heads out to his hutch and beds down for the night.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh! Oh! I nearly forgot! Can I plug my phone in to charge?"

Too late.

He starts looking through the boxes in the garage for a charge cable, but since they're older than USB he fails to find one, and ends up falling asleep in a pile of soiled teddybears against the wall.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Kandi goes in and sits down on the couch,
come sit here with me Senka. You would be more comfortable over here, an we can watch whats going on together.
"Why what's going on?" The cougar moved from where she was over to the couch with Kandi. She looked from the TV, then to Kandi.
Keeshah wrote:You want some rawhide snacks?
"Okay." She hasn't anything raw to eat in... today.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

After Hutch made a quick return of his last outfit, he wanted to head back. It was raining lightly now, so he enjoyed it. He looked at the house. All the lights were out, so he guessed they were asleep. He admired the house for a bit. The way it was built was amazing. But there was an odd lump on the roof.
Hutch looked closer and saw it move. He looked for a way up on the roof. He noticed the drain pipe looked stable, but it wouldn't support his weight.

After a long time of searching, Hutch just decided to climb the corner of the wall. It took a couple tries, but using the drain pipe as a grip, he eventually got to the top. He quietly walked over to the odd lump. He looked closer and saw it was Radar. She was soaking wet from the down pour. She looked cold, so Hutch put his coat gently over her body. When he decided she looked comfortable, he quietly walked over to the place he climbed up. Then he realized... Theres no way to get down. So he waddled quietly to the wall, and sat, waiting to fall asleep.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie rolled over in his sleep and fell out of bed. Reflexes brought his hands out to stop himself falling face first onto the floor and the bedding muffled the sound of his trapped legs striking the floor. With only a small “huh?” escaping his lips, he put his head above the level of the bed to make sure he'd not been seen by Aron. Good. It seemed his bestest ever friend was still asleep. Leslie pulled his legs out of the coverings and looked at the bright blue figures on the alarm clock. He recognised the shapes of the numbers as Mommy Nyssa had taught him and it was 05:52. He wondered if that was the same as 5:52 and decided it probably was. Mommy usually got up at 6:01 (which she'd told him was better than getting up at 6 but Leslie didn't know what that was about) If Humans got up at 6, Leslie thought, Mister Leroy might like his brekkie made for him. Thankfully Leslie remembered the recipe for cereal so he slipped out the door and headed to the toilet without lighting the room.

After flushing and washing like Mommy had told him to (and he'd forgotten at Mister Flynns' last night so he washed them again), Leslie tiptoed noisily into the kitchen and began checking the cupboards for bowls and boxes. He pulled out a box and tried to read it. “Co...” He swallowed and tried again. “Corrn... Flay... Flakes! Corn Flakes!” He realised he'd raised his voice and grimaced. Corn Flakes were good. Humans ate them. The top was sealed and Leslie made to open it. He checked for the flap on the side that were often on boxes. The flap wasn't there so he popped a claw and cut a hole in the side of the box. The plastic bag stymied him until he pulled a corner of it through the hole he'd made and bit it to rip the bag as he remembered he wasn't allowed to use scissors.

The mess wasn't too hard to eat up and he managed to largely fill the bowl for Mr Leroy and he got the already opened carton of milk ready for use. Then he waited so he could pour the milk and give it to Mr Leroy when he came in as a thank you for letting him stay there a while.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Elliot, wake up. We're finally here
(Elliot yawns as he stretches) What time is it Faust?
It's 5:30am. C'mon let's finish unpacking so you could get some rest.It's been a long journey to get here.
(Faust pats Elliot on the shoulder)
Both Jackals get off the cab and take a brief view of their surrounding. Elliot notices the beautiful garden from Silver leaf park and gazes at it in awe.
Faust, is it alright if we play our instruments in the park for a while? I haven't played my flute since I got sick back then and and it's almost sunrise.
I don't think that's a good idea Elliot. We've been travelling for 10 hours and you just barely recovered.
But the garden in the park just looks so serene I haven't admired a garden like this in a while, Especially this early in the morning. Please... Just until sunrise.
(Faust takes a brief moment to think about it.)
Alright fine. Only until sunrise. I'll carry you home if you fall asleep.
Thank you brother. C'mon let's hurry before we miss our chance.
Don't even think about running there Elliot! I'm not letting you over exert yourself like last time.
(Elliot giggles and whispers)Kill joy.
(Faust gives a little smirk)I heard that.

As the Sun rises, and the new day unfolds, Elliot and Faust welcome the new day with the song of their lyre and drums as they play in harmony marking their first day in Richmond Acres.
Last edited by 69eist on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Kandi goes in and sits down on the couch,
come sit here with me Senka. You would be more comfortable over here, an we can watch whats going on together.
"Why what's going on?" The cougar moved from where she was over to the couch with Kandi. She looked from the TV, then to Kandi.

The TV feels safer, when your over here.
Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:You want some rawhide snacks?
"Okay." She hasn't anything raw to eat in... today.

Kandi gets Senka the rawhide treats. then goes and makes dinner for the two. a 6lbs beefalow roast.
Setting it to cook in the oven, while she snuggles Senka on the couch while watching Doc and the rest of the news on the TV
Marine Fox wrote: Doc looked at the AC officer for a second, thinking to himself before he grimaced slightly knowing the goodness that came from the offer but he wasn't ready for that level of trust just yet.
"Look I know you say this with good intentions and you have done good by me in a single event but there's a reason that some pets and well most ferals don't trust humans. I have learned about the good in Humans but there are some things that cannot be forgotten or changed so while I am willing to live and occupy the same area as Humans helping humans do their work whether helpful or not is out of the question for me. I can help pets in my own way, why do you think I chased Nadia."
I think you wanted to be a bad dog, an try to hide the combatants from us. An then that fox would have suffered or worse, because we wouldn't have gotten her the treatment she need, and in a timely fashion.
the officer replies with brutal honesty.

After the news, she sets the table, and presents the roast to Senka.
what do you think?

In the morning Kandi works with Moonbeam, amid his complaints, and Rocky's historical laughter!
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
69eist

Post by 69eist »

After about 3 to 5 songs, they conclude their greeting and gaze around at the park's morning scenery.

Alright that's enough for the meantime Elliot. We should really finish unpacking. We may have had our stuff sent here for the past few weeks but those boxes aren't going to unpack themselves.
Alright fine, I'm content with our music session.
Let's go, it's about time I made breakfast.
What are you planning to make this time? If I have to eat canned food again I think I'm gonna be sick.
Relax. I'm thinking about making fried rice with some sausage bits in them.
Wooh, okay, I'll race ya home.
(Elliot dashes ahead and gets about a 3 second head start)
ELLIOT! I told you not to over exert yourself! Oh for the love of....
(Faust dashes as quickly as he can with an angry look on his face.)
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie rolled over in his sleep and fell out of bed. Reflexes brought his hands out to stop himself falling face first onto the floor and the bedding muffled the sound of his trapped legs striking the floor. With only a small “huh?” escaping his lips, he put his head above the level of the bed to make sure he'd not been seen by Aron. Good. It seemed his bestest ever friend was still asleep. Leslie pulled his legs out of the coverings and looked at the bright blue figures on the alarm clock. He recognised the shapes of the numbers as Mommy Nyssa had taught him and it was 05:52. He wondered if that was the same as 5:52 and decided it probably was. Mommy usually got up at 6:01 (which she'd told him was better than getting up at 6 but Leslie didn't know what that was about) If Humans got up at 6, Leslie thought, Mister Leroy might like his brekkie made for him. Thankfully Leslie remembered the recipe for cereal so he slipped out the door and headed to the toilet without lighting the room.

After flushing and washing like Mommy had told him to (and he'd forgotten at Mister Flynns' last night so he washed them again), Leslie tiptoed noisily into the kitchen and began checking the cupboards for bowls and boxes. He pulled out a box and tried to read it. “Co...” He swallowed and tried again. “Corrn... Flay... Flakes! Corn Flakes!” He realised he'd raised his voice and grimaced. Corn Flakes were good. Humans ate them. The top was sealed and Leslie made to open it. He checked for the flap on the side that were often on boxes. The flap wasn't there so he popped a claw and cut a hole in the side of the box. The plastic bag stymied him until he pulled a corner of it through the hole he'd made and bit it to rip the bag as he remembered he wasn't allowed to use scissors.

The mess wasn't too hard to eat up and he managed to largely fill the bowl for Mr Leroy and he got the already opened carton of milk ready for use. Then he waited so he could pour the milk and give it to Mr Leroy when he came in as a thank you for letting him stay there a while.
Leroy had woke to the flush of the toilet, yet stayed in bed about five minutes more. He then rose and put on his dressing-gown and headed out of his room. He saw that Aron's bedroom door was left ajar, so he poked his head in.

Aron was still fast asleep, his goggles, which he forgot to take off, were lying on the pillow above his head and a paw was sticking out beside that.

"Rise and shine, Aron. it's almost six.." He calls into the room, making the lump on the bed stir and reveal the tired-looking rabbit.

"Mm? Good morning then.." Aron murmurs, waving a paw slowly. He then slipped out of bed in just his collar and looked around the room. "Where's Les?"

Leroy shrugged. "No clue, maybe he's in the kitchen, stuffing his face like last night.." He guessed jokingly.

"I'll go look, you can use the bathroom first.." Aron said, then headed out the room and to the kitchen.

He finds Leslie standing on a chair holding a carton of milk above a bowl.

"Hi, Les.. What are you doing?"
Character Reference