HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "stay......calm......." The white , well ,now white/red, fox mumbled , seemingly just sleep talking
"......almost......here......" she whispered .Then , a thunder can be heard , and a big raincloud quickly approaching , following the wind that's been causing the firefighters so much trouble
then the first raindrop falls.....
Marine Fox wrote: Doc silently agreed trying to keep his head down and stay on course but the fire was coming in a lot faster than he thought and the smoke was getting bad, Doc moved faster trying to get out of this mess but through the mess he heard crunching and creaking then a loud snap and when he looked at where he thought he heard the noise he saw the large tree coming down fats through the smoke and luckily this time Doc was able to dive out of the way as the tree fell and send chunks and ashes everywhere as well as block their clear path. Doc coughed and looked as the tree burned, he then turned to his human follower hoping he had an answer.

Crackle TaaaTHOOoom!
What more could go wrong now?
He says, huffing and puffing as he stumbles through a brier patch, as the rain increases to a blinding down pour.
I think were wet enough to just run through the burning woods now, to the fire fighters.
Climbing over the fallen tree, feeling the heat of the flames around him, as he makes a dash for the fire line..

As he approches two fire fighters spray the hoses over there heads, drenching them even more while providing a fire and heat shield of water..
Yo!, got victims here.. he chokes out..
He is greeted by Ems, who lay the fox out on a stretcher. An start treating the control officer and wolf for smoke inhalation.

Roarin wrote: "Hmm?" Senka looked up from the TV she was poking at a second ago.
"Oh, no. Well, not really. The place where I live is deeper in the forest. But the territory that stretches around the border of the town is mine. Well, its mine now, since I used to share it with the other two mountain lions." She shrugged and went back to tapping the television screen.

Senka honey. Remember.. Just watch. No touching.
Kandi chastises.

Action 6 news breaking story. Patty Lynn here. A heroic animal control officer has rescued two pets from the blazing forest. Amid a strange sudden pop-up thunderstorm.. it's pouring out here, altho there wasn't a cloud in the sky when we arrived on scene.. It just appeared as if by Black Magic summoning..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan opens the door and sees the two wet, bedraggled pets dripping on the porch.
"Come in, come in quickly." She ushers them into the house and through to Flynn's room, grabbing them a towel each from the hall cupboard along the way.
"Here you go, dry yourselves off. This storm is just what we need to put out the fire." As she speaks, John stumps in through the back door carrying the portable radio, also thoroughly drenched.
"Thank goodness for this rain. The radio just said that except for a few isolated pockets the fire is now extinguished thanks to the storm. So we should be safe enough now."
"Oh, that's good news." John wanders off to find a towel and get dry himself.

~~~~
Piper shifts the ice on her foot. "I must say, you did well to run up and down those stairs so fast without falling."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

Mister Badger grumbles about the sudden rain and sets about starting his lantern back up so he can check for leaks. Sure enough, there's water running down the rock walls and he pulls the blankets and mattress closer together in the middle of the shanty.

~~

Deep underground, Cinnamon has been reduced to flipping his phone on briefly to map his route out, and feeling his way along in the dark. Luckily this part of the cavern seems to be close to the surface, he can smell animals and it looks like someone's been widening the tunnels. Maybe they left something he could burn, or even some batteries, or a flashlight, or a wifi repeater...
Last edited by Argent on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joan opens the door and sees the two wet, bedraggled pets dripping on the porch.
"Come in, come in quickly." She ushers them into the house and through to Flynn's room, grabbing them a towel each from the hall cupboard along the way.
"Here you go, dry yourselves off. This storm is just what we need to put out the fire." As she speaks, John stumps in through the back door carrying the portable radio, also thoroughly drenched.
"Thank goodness for this rain. The radio just said that except for a few isolated pockets the fire is now extinguished thanks to the storm. So we should be safe enough now."

~~~~
Piper shifts the ice on her foot. "I must say, you did well to run up and down those stairs so fast without falling."
"The painting is very nearly done!" The cat chimed, putting in final highlights

"Oh, very good!" Mercury cheered at the news, "And welcome back!"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joan opens the door and sees the two wet, bedraggled pets dripping on the porch.

~~~~
"I'm unlucky, not clumsy," Lucky pointed out. Suddenly a man stepped through the door.
"There you are Lucky. Thought I'd find you here."
"Hi Dad!" said Lucky.
"Hi Piper," said Lucky's dad. He took a look around the store. "Jeez, what happened here?"
"It's a long story," replied Lucky.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie woke and sat upright as thunder boomed and thought he was back in the woods for a few seconds. Fires didn't worry him much as he always knew to stay away from them but thunder was hard to hide from and it hurt his ears. He'd been outside when one had struck a few weeks back and he'd had to hide under a bush. Blankie had been no protection then but, just like then, he hunkered down in the bed, faced away from the window - towards Aron who was somehow still asleep - and pulled blankie tight around him so only his face showed. He couldn't close his eyes as the noise continued so he just tried not to shake.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Porter. Lovely day for a walk. Hutch said, patting himself down with the towel.
So I take it the fire is put out. Jeez, if this had started earlier, it would've added dramatic effect. Hutch chimes.
Hutch, where did you go? Roo asked.
Well, you see. We were having a normal convorsation for about 30 seconds. Then ninjas stole my bowtie. Hutch explained, wiggling his bowtie, that was sewed to the costume.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

A few quick trips between the house and the truck brought in another dozen boxes and left Stryder and his dad soaked. “I think that will be it for now, we can grab the furniture tomorrow when the rain stops.” He removes his jacket and hangs it on the closet door handle while Stryder quickly pulls a towel out of a box and tosses it to his dad before grabbing one for himself. Adam smiles, “Thanks, so what do you think of the place?”

Between patting down his wet fur, Stryder scans the mostly empty room, “I don’t know, it’s…not like home.” He concludes with a frown.

His dad laughs, “Of course it isn’t. It is bigger for one and most of our stuff is still in the truck. Just you wait, once everything is moved in it will feel like we never left.” Gesturing towards the other rooms, “Why don’t you explore a bit while I see what we managed to bring in?” Adam immediately started shifting the boxes to read the labels written on the sides.

It didn’t take long for Stryder to finish wandering the house, ‘Ok, so it is nice to have a view of something other than alleyways and busy streets, but I don’t see what is so great about this place.’ He grumbled as he returned to the empty living room to find his dad sitting against the wall with a pile of blankets beside him and a battery powered lantern. He smiles as Stryder reenters the room, “Since our beds are still in the truck, we might as well stick together. We can pretend we are camping and tell ghost stories.”

Stryder’s tail started waging as a big grin spread across his face, “Alright!” Racing across the room, Stryder dives into the pile of blankets before snuggling up beside his dad. Resting his head against Adam’s shoulder, “You’re the best, dad.” Adam smiles as he pulls out a book of ghost stories and begins reading out loud. Passing time until Stryder falls asleep in the comfort of his dad’s arms.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hello, Hutch. It's John and Joan, remember?" John switches off the radio which is now discussing the merits of the latest boy band, "Backwater Buoys" and their new single "This Way". "I'm going to put some dry clothes on. I'll see you guys shortly." John heads upstairs.
"I'd offer you some dry clothes too, Hutch, but all my gear would be too small for you. Oh, I don't normally wear clothes but I do have one or two costumes stashed away for special occasions." says Flynn.

~~~~
"Oh, hi, Mr. Richardson. How's it going? Don't worry - it wasn't Lucky this time. A couple of wild animals burst into the shop earlier fighting like... well, like wild animals. Animal Control is looking for them now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Wow!" exclaimed Mr.Richardson again.
"Yeah, it's been a weird day," said Lucky, "Hey dad, could you move that table over here for us?"
"Sure thing," replied Mr.Richardson. He grabbed the table and lugged it over to the door.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote: Crackle TaaaTHOOoom!
What more could go wrong now?
He says, huffing and puffing as he stumbles through a brier patch, as the rain increases to a blinding down pour.
I think were wet enough to just run through the burning woods now, to the fire fighters.
Climbing over the fallen tree, feeling the heat of the flames around him, as he makes a dash for the fire line..

As he approches two fire fighters spray the hoses over there heads, drenching them even more while providing a fire and heat shield of water..
Yo!, got victims here.. he chokes out..
He is greeted by Ems, who lay the fox out on a stretcher. An start treating the control officer and wolf for smoke inhalation

Doc watches as the officer rushes over the tree as the cooling rain soothed some of the fire around them, extinguishing most of the flames and when the human disappeared past the flames Doc followed also feeling the flames and the ash covering him he coughed as he emerged out into almost a just as bad situation as he was blinded by ash and the flashes and lights of the news reporters, firefighters and officers as well as dozens of other humans. Doc stopped in his tracks and froze in a sense of his body choosing fight or flight, this lasted only for a second before he did his best to swallow his fear down and walk over where his human companion had gone. Doc wandered what the officers would think seeing a wolf covered in ash, leaves, splintered tree and with singed fur, he was scared of who they would blame this on, if it would be him or Nadia or maybe they caught the other wolf and were questioning her; he didn't know and was scared of it but he did his best to let his conscious wander as the EMT's worked him over for smoke inhalation.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar patted herself down briefly. "Greetings again all, well now Hutch is here and safe I should depart." Placing the towel on the side she bowed her head to the group. "I shall not persist with my presence."
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Oi! If you leave now, you'll be soaked to the bone! Hutch shouted.
Yeah, at least wait until the rain has stopped. Roo added. Although Roo disliked the rabbit, she didn't see why anyone should catch a cold.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Distracted from his typing Koa smelled one of the new smells he had smelled earlier. He gets up and walks over to radar before she could take off. "Hi new bunny, My name is Koa..." He then sticks Powders arm out as if to shake radars paw. "And this is Powder. If you should ever need any kind of emergency treatment, me and my assistants, Powder and Kousa, will help you out. My herbal remedies are the finest in the world."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Done~" Mercury chimed, holding up his painting
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"They're right. You can't go out in this storm. Stay with us for tonight." seeing Radar was about to protest, Joan cuts her off. "It's no trouble, really. We have plenty of room."
Flynn is admiring Mercury's painting. "That's really good, Mercury. It almost looks alive. What do you think, Koa?"

~~~~
Having helped Rhyze off the shelf, Richard comes over to help Mr. Richardson barricade the door. Together they stand the door upright and then while Mr. Richardson holds the table in place, Richard nails a board across the top of the doorframe which the long table protrudes above to hold the table there, then he fetches a tarpaulin and covers the doorway with it too to block the rain which was entering around the sides of the table. Richard isn't concerned about the nails damaging the doorframe since the frame is splintered and would have to be replaced tomorrow anyway. As a final barrier and to ensure that the table doesn't fall inwards, he moves a chest of drawers in front of it.
"There. Done. Thank you for that, Mr. Richardson. Would you care for a coffee or a bite to eat while you're here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote: Doc stopped in his tracks and froze in a sense of his body choosing fight or flight, this lasted only for a second before he did his best to swallow his fear down and walk over where his human companion had gone. Doc wandered what the officers would think seeing a wolf covered in ash, leaves, splintered tree and with singed fur, he was scared of who they would blame this on, if it would be him or Nadia or maybe they caught the other wolf and were questioning her; he didn't know and was scared of it but he did his best to let his conscious wander as the EMT's worked him over for smoke inhalation.
The EMS works on Nadia, then load her up into the squad and take off for the animal clinic.. WOWoooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo
With the officer in animal control unit #2 following.

Meanwhile, The control officer was coughing up the smoke in his lungs, gasping heavily into the air mask..
As two sheriffs officers come up to the wolf, that the medics are working on.
This the wolf that was involved in the fight, and setting the woods on fire?
The AC officer sits up, pulling his mask aside.
Officers, that wolf is my animal control partner. His AC vest caught fire, had to abandon it out in the woods.. Putting his air mask back on, with a wink to the wolf.
The deputies look suspicious..
Ok if you say so, I didn't know you all had animals that would work with you.
Well, the domestics wont. but the feral types will do it. Guess they figure it is a good way to get in good with us humans.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The cougar reluctantly stopped her attack on the TV, though she still stayed a close distance to it.
...Hey look. They got someone out of the fire and... Is that Doc?!". She closed the very small distance from where she was to the television, nose almost pressing the glass.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:The cougar reluctantly stopped her attack on the TV, though she still stayed a close distance to it.
...Hey look. They got someone out of the fire and... Is that Doc?!". She closed the very small distance from where she was to the television, nose almost pressing the glass.

It's a wolf, not sure if they have found him or not..
But that is Nadia on the stretcher, looks like she is going to be on here way back to the vet clinic.
Good things come to those who wait. she is being brought back to you here.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc was doing his own coughing as they wheeled Nadia off to the clinic, though seeing an animal control officer get into another car and follow he felt like he wanted to give chase and make the human stop his pursuit but he just coughed up a bit more ash and stayed still until a few sheriffs approached him about the fire, starting to blame him. He silently cursed himself for having trusted humans and was ready to bolt before the AC officer spoke up and claimed he was working with him as an AC Work animal. Doc almost wanted reject the offer of dominionship under an AC officer but thinking about it he saw it more as a offer of kindness to help him and when the sheriffs left him alone he smiled and gave a small nod in thanks when they weren't looking, thinking how hard it was to believe that something like this would ever happen.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa quickly turns his head to look at the painting. He really liked it. Other than the smell it looked just like rose. "It's wonderful. this will help me finish my story in no time, now that I have the image of the rose in my head. Thanks so much." after thanking Mercury a couple more times Koa puts his attention back at Radar.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"They're right. You can't go out in this storm. Stay with us for tonight." seeing Radar was about to protest, Joan cuts her off. "It's no trouble, really. We have plenty of room."
Flynn is admiring Mercury's painting. "That's really good, Mercury. It almost looks alive. What do you think, Koa?"

~~~~
Having helped Rhyze off the shelf, Richard comes over to help Mr. Richardson barricade the door. Together they stand the door upright and then while Mr. Richardson holds the table in place, Richard nails a board across the top of the doorframe which the long table protrudes above to hold the table there, then he fetches a tarpaulin and covers the doorway with it too to block the rain which was entering around the sides of the table. Richard isn't concerned about the nails damaging the doorframe since the frame is splintered and would have to be replaced tomorrow anyway. As a final barrier and to ensure that the table doesn't fall inwards, he moves a chest of drawers in front of it.
"There. Done. Thank you for that, Mr. Richardson. Would you care for a coffee or a bite to eat while you're here?"
"I'm good thank you," replied Mr.Richardson, "I just came here to take Lucky home."
"Oh, okay," said Lucky, his disappointment showing through, "Bye Piper, bye Richard."
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar raised a confused brow to Koa before turning to Joan. "Thank you, but that will not be necessary. I can find good on my own." Bowing her head in thanks again. "I do not need assistance."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Alright then. See you later. Come again soon, Lucky. I think Piper likes having you over." Richard shows the man and his rabbit out the back door and then locks it behind him. After hearing an explanation of Piper's injury, he stands the other table back against the wall and then does a perimeter check, making sure everything is secure, puts the money from the till into the safe and then, switching off the lights in the store, carries Piper upstairs where he sets her on the couch and begins preparing dinner for them.

~~~~
"Well we can't force you to stay. But will you at least take Flynn's old raincoat so you don't get soaked through? He's a bit big for it now but you look like you shoud fit it."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc almost wanted reject the offer of dominionship under an AC officer but thinking about it he saw it more as a offer of kindness to help him and when the sheriffs left him alone he smiled and gave a small nod in thanks when they weren't looking, thinking how hard it was to believe that something like this would ever happen.
You know if you ever want to want help your fellow pets, an wear the vest of an animal warden just look me up. Or i could put in a good word if the Rangers if you want to join up with them.

Meanwhile the squad arrives at the vet clinic..
The Ac officer from unit #1 gets some gear from his van and meets up with the squad EMS.
He fits the fox with a belt, then straps mittens onto her hands, connecting them to the belt..
Ok that should keep the vets safe from this aggressive pet.
Ems then wheels Nadia on into the vet clinic.
Pet emergency! anyone here?
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa looked at radar with slight disgust. "Well your rude...your suppose to tell me your name...you didn't even shake Powder's paw..." With that Koa stuck his tongue out at radar, and gave her a angry glare.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan catches sight of Mercury's painting. "Oh, that's lovely, Mercury. Looks just like the one on the back porch."
"Wait, there's one on the back porch? I didn't even notice! But then, I wasn't exactly looking for it either." Flynn dashes from the room and out on the porch. It doesn't take him long to find the small rose bush in its pot in the corner of the decking. Fortunately there are several flowers blooming on it. Flynn selects one from around the back where it won't be missed and pulls it off, pricking himself on the sharp thorns several times.
Reentering his room he presents it to Koa.
"Here you go. I suppose we didn't need Sixtoes after all. Careful, there are thorns." He sucks his spiked thumb, endeavoring to alleviate the pain.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:Joan catches sight of Mercury's painting. "Oh, that's lovely, Mercury. Looks just like the one on the back porch."
"Wait, there's one on the back porch? I didn't even notice! But then, I wasn't exactly looking for it either." Flynn dashes from the room and out on the porch. It doesn't take him long to find the small rose bush in its pot in the corner of the decking. Fortunately there are several flowers blooming on it. Flynn selects one from around the back where it won't be missed and pulls it off, pricking himself on the sharp thorns several times.
Reentering his room he presents it to Koa.
"Here you go. I suppose we didn't need Sixtoes after all. Careful, there are thorns." He sucks his spiked thumb, endeavoring to alleviate the pain.
"Thank you, Miss Joan!" Mercury meowed, holding the painting out to the human
Argent

Post by Argent »

Keeshah wrote: Meanwhile the squad arrives at the vet clinic..
The Ac officer from unit #1 gets some gear from his van and meets up with the squad EMS.
He fits the fox with a belt, then straps mittens onto her hands, connecting them to the belt..
Ok that should keep the vets safe from this aggressive pet.
Ems then wheels Nadia on into the vet clinic.
Pet emergency! anyone here?
Paul comes yawning out and unlocks the door. "You could have called ahead, we close at six. Haven't I seen this fox before? Nadia, isn't it?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote: Paul comes yawning out and unlocks the door. "You could have called ahead, we close at six. Haven't I seen this fox before? Nadia, isn't it?"
Hey we didn't know, we just transported her here at the request of Animal control. An city hospital doesn't admit pets.
Yes, her tags say she is Nadia. She was in a fight. An not the usual pet fight, where it is more noise and threats, with a few scratches and a bite or two. But the 911 call said this was an all out fight to the death she was in with a shewolf. Then she was able to run off, an is some how involved in the big fire in Walton wood.
So expect serious battle wound type of injuries, as well as smoke inhalation and burns from the forest fire.

The animal control officer of unit #1 reports.

Meanwhile, Kandi is out on the deck, as the squad comes in..
She call's Nadia's owner on her cell phone..
Hello this is Kandi.. They have just brought Nadia into the vet clinic in a fire rescue squad.
I can't tell have bad she is from where i am. I'm afraid i'm going to be pinned down, keeping Senka from rushing the clinic at the moment. What they don't need right now is an large cougar questioning there every move, right now.
Right see you soon..

Kandi goes in and sits down on the couch,
come sit here with me Senka. You would be more comfortable over here, an we can watch whats going on together. You want some rawhide snacks?
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Bring her through here, into the exam room, let's take a look at her."

He inspects her, X-rays her for internal damage, and cleans the wounds and dressing them, leaving the poor fox's pelt in a sorry state between the shaven patches and the stains from the antibiotic wash.

"No broken bones, lots of superficial wounds, this one on the torso is deeper than I like, but I think she's mostly suffering from blood loss. I'm giving her a strong antibiotic and a mild soporific... and I think we'll need to put her in a cage, if past experience with this animal's any guide. She needs cage rest more than anything."

So the poor animal is finally given her privacy... covered in multicolored bandages, fur shaved and stained in interesting and embarrassing places, hooked up to an IV drip in a cage.

~~~

"Oh, here's some old boxes, now where's my matches..."

Cinnamon soon has a nice fire going and with a steady light his spirits return to their usual level. Manic.

"Now where's the smoke going? And what are you supposed to do, follow the smoke or where the breeze is coming from?"
Last edited by Argent on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn's sensitive nose detects the scent of burning wood from below the trapdoor but he puts it down to drifting smoke from the forest fire.
Joan takes the painting carefully, trying not to smudge the wet paint. "What do you like to do with your paintings, Mercury?" she enquires as she examines it. "Do you have a portfolio or do you hang them somewhere...?"

~~~~
Richard slides the baking dish into the oven and crosses to the living room to check on Piper.
"How's your foot doing?"
"Still sore. But I'll live. And this ice pack isn't very cold anymore." Richard takes the icepack and switches it with a packet of peas from the freezer, then he switches on the television and joins Piper on the couch and the two of them enjoy a game of Trivial Pursuit on their Wii while they wait for the dinner to cook.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Mr.Richardson and Lucky hurried to the car and got in. Mr.Richardson then began the drive home with Lucky sitting comfortably in the back.

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar shrugged her shoulders, "Never fear, I shall be okay. Farewell." Bowing her head she left the room and exited the door into the freezing cold. Rain pelting her she had no idea what she was going to do now. Circling around the house she climbed up into the drain pipe, and onto the roof. Crawling across the roof in the pelting rain she sat upon the top, watching the sky late into the night till the rain broke and allowed her to sleep shivering.
(okay, Radar is done till morning now. xD)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:Flynn's sensitive nose detects the scent of burning wood from below the trapdoor but he puts it down to drifting smoke from the forest fire.
Joan takes the painting carefully, trying not to smudge the wet paint. "What do you like to do with your paintings, Mercury?" she inquires as she examines it. "Do you have a portfolio or do you hang them somewhere...?"
"Well usually I just give them away or keep them in a portfolio, yes." He purred with a smile, "I think I have that portfolio with me actually..." the cat began to rummage through his bag
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon finds a convenient exit that seems to be near the town, but the door seems to be blocked by fallen objects... it barely opens and even the lithe weasel can't work his way through the remaining gap.

So he continues his explorations, running back to his cache of wood periodically to refresh his fire and light another torch.

The next fork just leads to a pile of fallen rock. It smells of oil and exhaust, and now and then he can hear a car passing. "Musta collapsed when they built the highway."
Last edited by Argent on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"See you later, Radar." calls Flynn.
John reenters the room in a dry set of clothes. "Well we've missed our dinner reservation thanks to the fire and the storm. Anybody have any objections to calling for pizza? Or requests for toppings?"
"Anything vegan's good for me."
"I'm hungry enough right now that anything sounds good."
John laughs. "You're always hungry, greedyguts. Any requests, Koa, Mercury?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

After being dropped off at home and saying goodbye to Joan, Jessica had insisted on Rusty having dinner if he had been out and about all day. He was feeling rather sleepy now that he had eaten and was full. Crawling into bed, he curled up and fell asleep.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll get the pizza. My trea--
Hutch, thats not a good idea. Roo takes Hutch by the paw and leads him out the door. After a couple seconds, Hutch whispers What the carp is she buying?
I have no idea, but unless we can get this job done, were-- Roo mouthed the last word, draining the color from Hutch's face.
Both Hutch and Roo walk back in the room, Hutch still shaky.
I'm sorry, but I have a couple arrands to run. I'm affraid I won't be joining you this evening. Hutch said, taking his 10th Doctor costume by the hanger as he left.
I, too, am not able to um... eat dinner... with ya'll. Roo spun the fadora on one of her digits and bobbed her head.
We'll be back later. Roo says as she turns to leave.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote: You know if you ever want to want help your fellow pets, an wear the vest of an animal warden just look me up. Or i could put in a good word if the Rangers if you want to join up with them.
Doc looked at the AC officer for a second, thinking to himself before he grimaced slightly knowing the goodness that came from the offer but he wasn't ready for that level of trust just yet.
"Look I know you say this with good intentions and you have done good by me in a single event but there's a reason that some pets and well most ferals don't trust humans. I have learned about the good in Humans but there are some things that cannot be forgotten or changed so while I am willing to live and occupy the same area as Humans helping humans do their work whether helpful or not is out of the question for me. I can help pets in my own way, why do you think I chased Nadia."