Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

it's this.
can you see that one?
also, I'd say Balto doesn't count because it was traditional animation and loosely based on a true story.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
McFly

Post by McFly »

Yeah, I can see it.

Thanks. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey, little kids love dogs. And not all movies can be good like Balto or Bolt!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: The professor leading my study abroad brought her two children and her partner to Amsterdam and tonight all the students got to go to her flat and get some free cake and wine (The Netherland's drinking age is 16) to celebrate her daughters 13th birthday.
Joy:I don't think the temperature has gotten above 75 since I got here. Bliss
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: So, I was doing community service today, and I still hate children, I left because they were unbearable and downright rude. When a 10 year old hits a counselor's butt, puts ice down the shirts of several people including counselors, he tells me he won't listen to me tell him to stop because I'm not his Mom, AND I was spoken down to by several of them, its a wonder I didn't try to hit any of them.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sorrow: So, I was doing community service today, and I still hate children, I left because they were unbearable and downright rude. When a 10 year old hits a counselor's butt, puts ice down the shirts of several people including counselors, he tells me he won't listen to me tell him to stop because I'm not his Mom, AND I was spoken down to by several of them, its a wonder I didn't try to hit any of them.
Kids can be aggravating. But you have to realize that we were all somewhat annoying as kids. Just the way it be.

Sorrow: My room is like a thousand degrees you guys...
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
The Grey Wolverine

I understand that we were all annoying kids, but if you were there, you would understand what I mean when I say this in all seriousness, they were the worst group of kids I have ever been near in my life, I had to endure 7 hours of them today, 8 hours yesterday, thats 13 hours of them yelling at me, being rude and disrespectful, one kid pointing out every 10 minuets that my pant leg was torn, being talked down to, hit, and having things forced down my shirt. I am amazed that I didn't hit anyone.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: I just ran into an old boss that fired me.

He was the kind of boss who let me sweat it out for four whole days before he came to a decision on my fate. Four days. I hate him like I hate no other. I rounded a corner and he happily smiles and said "Hi, Blue Heart!" I stopped dead and walked in another direction. I could not tell if he was being sarcastic or if he thought that we were still friends, even though we were not during our working relationship. It was more a camp commandant/inmate relationship. My blood was boiling. I know that if I did speak to him I would have said or done something that I would have regretted. But, I also feel that I wussed out, I showed weakness and cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Ugh...
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Sometimes the greatest victory really is the battle not fought. I would hardly call it 'weakness or cowardice' to have had the strength to walk away from that situation. You gauged your emotions and your control at the time and chose the best possible path. To put it another way: You used discretion, which I'd personally call a sign of strength.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Shirosune wrote:Sometimes the greatest victory really is the battle not fought. I would hardly call it 'weakness or cowardice' to have had the strength to walk away from that situation. You gauged your emotions and your control at the time and chose the best possible path. To put it another way: You used discretion, which I'd personally call a sign of strength.
I don't know why, but Shiro's avatar of Peanut and Grape made that statement ten times better. And I agree.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow: I just ran into an old boss that fired me.

He was the kind of boss who let me sweat it out for four whole days before he came to a decision on my fate. Four days. I hate him like I hate no other. I rounded a corner and he happily smiles and said "Hi, Blue Heart!" I stopped dead and walked in another direction. I could not tell if he was being sarcastic or if he thought that we were still friends, even though we were not during our working relationship. It was more a camp commandant/inmate relationship. My blood was boiling. I know that if I did speak to him I would have said or done something that I would have regretted. But, I also feel that I wussed out, I showed weakness and cowardice in the face of the enemy.

Ugh...
You did NOT "wuss out". You were SMART. You knew that you would have said or done something wrong, and so rather than let that happen you left. I'm sorry it wasn't possible to be more friendly but given the circumstances, I'd say that was the best thing to do.

To have said or done something you would have regretted, THAT would have been weakness and cowardice in the face of the true enemy.

Bless you for having such strength. I only hope that you can let go of your negative feelings for this man.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Grey Wolverine

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow: I just ran into an old boss that fired me.

Ugh...
Take the advice of an old friend of mine, its the bigger man, who walks away.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Agreed with the above.

Joy: My new job is neat!
Sorrow: I have to get up extra early tomorrow for radiation safety training. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

Radiation training? For X-rays or what?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet will be studying super powers and the causes thereof.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Grey Wolverine

Oh, cool, now if only I could get that job at the nuclear power plant, I could become THE AMAZING AMAZINGNESS MAN! Or Dr. Professor Carlos Winston Lazarus McBatman
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: Finally found a tip for my cars new exhaust today, and at Auto Zone of all places. Going to try and have it put on tomorrow.
------------------

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:Had a pretty sweet night and partied a bit in my new favorite city
sorrow:Really should've done homework
Joy:I still have time to do it, it's just gonna be a bit stressful.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sleet will be studying super powers and the causes thereof.
Anyone who thinks radiation gives you superpowers needs to watch Barefoot Gen. Warning: graphic images.
PF chars

--Phoenix

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

relax, I was joking. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

yeah everyone knows the secret to gaining super powers is eating paint chips
especially the lead ones.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Pfff, no. Its eating spiders :P
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Alright so we have now completely lost the playroom. Fine. I will turn my bedroom into a proto-playroom so us kids have somewhere to play games. Easily remedied but most of the implications coming up will be unsolvable like how will I be able to have friends round.
The computer however is a different situation. To sum it up IT IS MY GOD **** ******* COMPUTER AND I SWEAR IF ANYONE TOUCHES IT THEY WILL DIE BY MY OWN TWO HANDS! Someone however is not getting the message. Apparently it is not my computer and it should be set up in the breakfast room so that the family can use the internet. If they wanted to use the internet why doesn't dad set up one of the hundred thousand computers he has that he never uses? No he wants to take MY COMPUTER away from me so that everyone else can use it. If they want to use it then they can come into my room and use it I have already said they can if they want. This computer has my data and my games and my homework on it! Dad has three computers constantly running AT THE SAME TIME but no lets not set one of them up lets take MY ONE because I am not allowed anything in this stupid house. First you take our room away and now you try to steal MY COMPUTER! OVER MY DEAD BODY YOU (Insert multitude of swear words here) I have already had enough shouting matches over this thing If he wants more then he can get more. I will not back down and allow him to ruin our lives still.

On a more pleasant note I HAS COOKIES NOMNOMNOM!
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

So... your life is being ruined because your parents want to relocate a computer they presumably purchased and allow you to use?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

If they did indeed buy it without any financial help from Wolfy,then it's their right. Unless they bought it specifically for him and said "this is your computer"
you can't just take back a gift. It isn't right.
and their even less right if Wolfy paid for most or all of it. Then it's his to control.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They're right about that. However, if they have more computers and they work just fine, it strikes me as silly that they'd do that to your computer.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I understand why Wolfy is so mad, especially if he has family who are well-known for internally destroying electronics. [This is the kind of family I come from, and I don't even want to begin talking about that.] It's like giving someone permission to use /one/ drawer in your filing cabinet and the very next day you go to get a very important paper only to find all of your files have been thrown out and no one seems to understand or even feel remotely sorry for what they did.

Wolfy, if your dad is going to be completely and utterly irrational about this, do what I did: I made myself the only administrator of my computer, and set a very difficult password on it. (If anyone can figure out the Galician word I use as my laptop password, I'll give them $20. ...Kidding, I'm broke.) Then I'd recommend installing Avast and setting everything on high. Avast has real-time protection and literally screams out "THREAT DETECTED!" if something odd is going on. Create a seperate user account for your family and use your admin powers to let them basically do nothing: no altering programs, no installing anything, no accessing your files, no system restores (and therefore no altering any of your data), nada. Basically make your admin account a German tank to crack and make the other account completely technologically-idiot proof.

Also, an interesting fact for everyone because it's only relevant by a tangent: sometimes, in court, property ownership can boil down to whoever uses the object 99% percent of the time. I've seen people lose cars in this way. =D
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Joy: Finally been getting a decent amount of rain out here the last few days. So nice to having something going on weather-wise that isn't annoyingly hot and sunny.

Sorrow: Sleep schedule has gotten completely jacked and I can't seem to get it back on track. Getting up and falling asleep at such weird times the last week or so. 0_o
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: Going to see my dad. Haven't seen him in like 3 weeks!!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow: Just drove to school for something that I should have gone yesterday for, but someone read the letter we got wrong and thought it was today. Wasting gas for no reason! Fun!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:Sorrow: Just drove to school for something that I should have gone yesterday for, but someone read the letter we got wrong and thought it was today. Wasting gas for no reason! Fun!
I missed a report card pick up day just like you, but it's garuanteed every subject over 80. Pheeew
Sorrow: I hope school doesn't just throw out my reportcard.
Ummmm.I think my brain is trying tell me something through dream, but I'm having hard time figuring out.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Actually, our final report cards get mailed. I missed something much more important, although it shouldn't be a problem to get it re-scheduled.

I'm more annoyed at the waste of gas than anything.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

There is no point putting up a hard password Beagle if he gets moody he will take the computer and dissasemble it just like my sisters computer. And that was for far less reasons than simple ownership, she didn't want to go on a picnic with him. He dissasembled her computer because she wouldn't go on a picnic when mum was half an hour away from serving dinner. Didn't matter that it was hers he set his eyes on it and that was that. If he wants it he takes it and no one else can have it...actually that was over three years ago and she still didn't get it back. So we have to protect ANYTHING that is ours with a rock hard defence otherwise it is gone for good.

Sorrow: I finished my cookies. I want more :cry:

Mod Edit: Removed reference to illegal activity.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!

Post by 0404 »

Sick... *sniffle*:(
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: I hate advertising so much. All these ads about scholarships for moms and free Netflix memberships. I'm not a mother! And I certainly don't need Netflix either.
Sorrow: I got scammed! muffins and cookies you Amazon! Giving me books with missing pages and repeats of the same chapters! It took a good two weeks to get here and the quality is horrendous. I am so mad! It wasn't even cheap either!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Hope you feel better. :(
PF chars

--Phoenix

Post by 0404 »

Wanderer wrote: Sorrow: I got scamed, you Amazon! Giving me books with missing pages and repeats of the same chapters! It took a good two weeks to get here and the quality is horrendous. I am so mad! It wasn't even cheap either!
Why don't you get yourself a Kindle fire?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: My mom basically suggested that me playing Magic might have caused my dad to leave her. She says she didn't mean that, but only when she found out I was upset. The only way I can make my mom happy is to do well with my career...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: My mom basically suggested that me playing Magic might have caused my dad to leave her. She says she didn't mean that, but only when she found out I was upset. The only way I can make my mom happy is to do well with my career...
I'm sorry you and your mom are having trouble Sleet. Hopefully you guys can work it out and find a way to get along. And blaming that on you playing Magic? That's just wrong.

Sorrow: Dad woke up today and was really sick. He had symptoms of having some kind of heart trouble(neusea, sweating, etc.), so mom felt that she needed to take him to the hospital, but they waited a little bit and he finally felt better and he went on to work. He did get in the pool yesterday, so it may be possible that he has somekind of inner ear infection which would cause all that, but we still have to keep an eye on him to make sure it's not his heart.
I'm a little worried about him. :( I don't want him to be at work and have a heart attack or something, and me not be there to help.
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My mom and I generally get along. She just says ignorant things that are unintentionally passive-aggressive and I usually just try to ignore them because arguing never helps.