Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by 44R0NM10 »

heya, has anybody here played Halo 3: ODST?
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Yes, its a DLC they sold for $60
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
exranio

Post by exranio »

I wouldn't consider it that but whatever.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

...huh? I played the game easily past 50 hours. One of the best Halo games in the series, in my opinion. DLC normally takes up an hour at most, and that costs about £10. Halo 3: ODST had a 6-7 hour story, plenty of Easter eggs if you looked around, and put an interesting twist on the Halo story. The only problem was the lack on multiplayer, but even then me and a few friends player Firefight soooo much together (I must admit, they perfected it in Reach though).

I've no idea where you're coming from calling it DLC. The game's campaign was nothing like Halo 3, and it the story was told in a really artistic way, unlike any other FPS I've heard of.

But anyway, I was here to talk about the music. That ambient music that played as you wondered through Mombasa streets, a battle-zone that you obviously lost, never sure what you'll see. You uncover what happens to civilians in this lost battle through audiologs, and some are really heart wrenching. I really, really love the game and spent hours exploring everything. The music is some of the best in any video game or movie I've ever seen.
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Why did Call Of Duty fans have to ruin all the really awesome shooters?
Series like Halo, Metroid Prime, and Half-Life. Ya know? Series that actually changed from game to game?
Now all I hear is Call Of Duty this and Call Of Duty that, it sickens me.
I don't want the same game over and over.
When Life gives you Lemons, Eat them raw.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

mccartneytm wrote:Metroid Prime
*peeks in* Somebody said Metroid?

I loved Metroid Prime! It was also the first Metroid I played and one of my favorite games of all time. <3
MP2:E was alright, though you'd spend a ton of time portal-hopping if you didn't have a guide like I did.
MP3:C was fun, though I never beat its Hard mode... hmmm... *stares at his Wii*
The Grey Wolverine

44R0NM10 wrote:...huh? I played the game easily past 50 hours. One of the best Halo games in the series, in my opinion. DLC normally takes up an hour at most, and that costs about £10. Halo 3: ODST had a 6-7 hour story, plenty of Easter eggs if you looked around, and put an interesting twist on the Halo story. The only problem was the lack on multiplayer, but even then me and a few friends player Firefight soooo much together (I must admit, they perfected it in Reach though).

I've no idea where you're coming from calling it DLC. The game's campaign was nothing like Halo 3, and it the story was told in a really artistic way, unlike any other FPS I've heard of.
Well, firstly, it was originally going to be sold as a $15 DLC on X-Box live, but Microsoft wanted to milk the game, so they put it out for a full retail game with Halo 3 multiplayer, it would have been better with something other than Firefight really. And DLC should last longer than an hour, 6-7 is average in length for some of the ones I've played, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

What DLC have you played? The only DLC that has given me more than about 5 hours added gameplay is nazi zombies on CoD WaW. Other than that, nothing has given me more playtime than a good full priced game.

Besides, I'd like to see your proof that Halo 3: ODST was turned from DLC into a full games due to Microsoft and not Bungie (as in, Bungie were forced to do it). If I'm completely honest, I never even heard it was meant to be DLC. Most DLC don't get live action adverts/commercials and sell more than the original game, after all.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

What's a DLC? There was just a discussion on using acronyms when they're not common knowledge.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Dissension wrote:What's a DLC? There was just a discussion on using acronyms when they're not common knowledge.
Downloadable Content

ImageImage
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Dowloadable Content.

So tomorrow I'm checking out the Art of Video Games exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

just thought I'd share. It's good to be half an our from a DC metro station. quick and easy access to DC.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

What's a DC???

Seriously what did Dissension just say Brent? :evil: *waggles finger then gets instantly banned*

Sorry, I'll be good...although, being from Australia, what does DC actually stand for? I found out once but forgot.

That actually sounds kinda cool, although is it a museum exhibit of arty video games, the art of making video games or art pieces depicting video game scenarios? Any one of those would be cool really.

I don't really have much to say on the topic of DLC, I don't play many games that have it (I have a DS) although I think a few hours extra gameplay is a good benchmark. Actually I do have a PS3 now but I keep forgetting to hook it up to the internet.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Dissension wrote:What's a DLC? There was just a discussion on using acronyms when they're not common knowledge.
Usually Downloadable content, but in some case like Street Fighter X Tekken dlc means "disc-locked contents"
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Nyaliva wrote:... what does DC actually stand for? I found out once but forgot.
District of Columbia

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

_Stu_ wrote:
Usually Downloadable content, but in some case like Street Fighter X Tekken dlc means "disc-locked contents"
Yeah and that kind of annoys me, both the concept and the people talking about it. People say "DLC is **** and the scourge of gaming!!!" and I'm like "But downloadable content is a way for the developers to continue working on the game after it's finished for a little extra money. Frankly it's better than increasing the price of games and just having it already included without your consent." Then I realise they're talking about disc-locked content and, while I don't despise it so much as all that, it certainly isn't good because it means the developers had it made in time for the rest of the game's launch but want more money for it, and mostly it's either something close to necessity for the story to run its course or is just something small that you wouldn't want to pay extra for anyway. But yeah...
Dissension wrote:
Nyaliva wrote:... what does DC actually stand for? I found out once but forgot.
District of Columbia
Ok cool, thanks Diss!

I'm on DeviantArt now!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

As long as the DLC offers a couple of hours added gameplay, I'm fine with it. It's when they do something like release DLC a few days after release where I think "Wait a minute...". I mean, it's obvious in this circumstance they're doing this to make an extra $15.

DLC when done right is awesome though. For example I give Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vages. All the DLC for Fallout 3 was really awesome, and worth the price in my honest opinion. You get new guns, new armour, new unique enemies and a new quest line! Even better, when the game's been out for about 5 years, you can get it all in one game (Fallout 3: game of the Year edition). Bethesda kinda spoils us there.

Also, seriously Diss'on, you'll be telling us to not say USA next. :P Every gamer I've ever met knows what DLC means. It's when you go to the more ambiguous areas like PETS and MUDS that people get confused.
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

Tha Housefox wrote:
mccartneytm wrote:Metroid Prime
*peeks in* Somebody said Metroid?

I loved Metroid Prime! It was also the first Metroid I played and one of my favorite games of all time. <3
MP2:E was alright, though you'd spend a ton of time portal-hopping if you didn't have a guide like I did.
MP3:C was fun, though I never beat its Hard mode... hmmm... *stares at his Wii*
Here's how The Metroid Prime Series goes.
The first game was the most balanced between fun, story, and music. ( I love the music!)
The second game had an amazing story, but it was insanely hard. I still love it.
The third was way too fun, but it was pretty easy, and the story was okay...
Yet they all were unique in their own ways. And they all have a special place in my heart. Though only the first one is in my top 5 games of all time.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Three reasons why Super Metroid is the best Metroid game ever:

1. Nostaligia
2. Everyone came back better and stronger.
3. The game had a load of small tidbits and secrets unlike the other games. and i mean alot. Secret moves, stages, past references, the like. and it was in such a short time it was amazing.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

When it comes to Metroid, I have only played one, Other M. Other M was very fun, but my main problem with it is aiming Missiles, it is very hard to do that. ;-;

I have technically played the original Metroid and such, but I was not much of a fan. Do not like having to grind for so much HP.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Caramelldansen! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mccartneytm

Post by mccartneytm »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:When it comes to Metroid, I have only played one, Other M. Other M was very fun, but my main problem with it is aiming Missiles, it is very hard to do that. ;-;

I have technically played the original Metroid and such, but I was not much of a fan. Do not like having to grind for so much HP.
If haven't played the prime games, you really need to. They're the best shooters ever. (tied with the halo and half-life games of course.) They are just that great!
The Grey Wolverine

I wouldn't say they are the best FPSs, but they are really solid Metroid titles, also I found my GBA with Metrois Fusion inside :D

ALSO! So, I love the Hitman series, and when I heard that they had a new one coming out, and with the great title of "Absolution" I had to preorder it. So, today, I went to put more money down on it because I pay my games off over time and it turns out I got the preorder bonus, a mission that's not in the game called "The Hitman Absolution Sniper Challenge" long title, but I like it. Its a short sniper mission, you have a target with 15 guards, you need to snipe the target and the guards are secondary targets. Its got 15 easter eggs, pigions to shoot, ducks to shoot, a stuffed panda ectera. So the point it also to get a high score, so you have challenges to complete that give you a score multiplyer. And the score is more than just getting a place on the leaderboards, the sniper rifle you get in the mission, as well as upgrades and skills earned in the sniper challenge carry over to the main game. Its okay, but a little short.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

GameCobra wrote:My God...Panda Dances... o_o
Hahaha. Oh, Blizzard. This is why I love you. :3

I was obsessed with Caramelldansen (the song, not the videos with chibis dancing to it) back in like 9th or 10th grade. I even memorized the lyrics in the original Swedish. Lol.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

GC's journey yesterday consisted me me buying:

The original DRagon Warriors for the NES. =3
Super Street Fighter 4
Armored Core For Answer
Overlord 2
Dragon Age 2
Bionic Commando

for the SNES:
Drakkhen (!)
Utopia (also a (!))
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Assassins Creed 3 trailor

I like how Ubisoft says you'll be killing both sides, Americans and English...but the trailer contradicts that completely. Connor, the protagonist, says that he'll fight the enemy regardless of their allegiance...but all we see him kill are Englishman. I would've expected this from an American trailer, but this is the UK trailor. Heck, Connor appears to be siding with USA altogether anyway.

Ubisoft, killing the one American who is a traitor doe not count as killing both sides. I've got a massive hunch this is what you're going to do after all.

Seriously, if they wanted people of other countries to buy the game (England in particular, since it seems the majority of us really dislike USA in general) they'd do a similar thing to what Modern Warfare 3 did with their trailors. The advert/commercial we were shown was this one. Heck, if Connor is meant to kill Americans as well, we Brits would much prefer to see that in the majority of cases. I mean, seriously Ubisoft, it's like you're trying to tell me not to buy your game.

Also, tell me what you think of Bionic Commando GameCobra. I couldn't get into it, though I enjoyed a fair amount of the gameplay. a good friend of mine really, really enjoyed it as well.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It feels alot like Spiderman. Personally, i grew up on Bionic Commando, so i couldn't say no. they even have some of the music remastered, which is instant awesome in my book. oh, and the collectible NES icons.

I only played the first chapter so far. I'm trying to get some more time in it next month since Diablo 3 is coming out tomorrow, but i was already hooked after playing it. Hopefully i can finish the game by next week.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

do me a favour and tell me how you enjoy it when you first get a sniper rifle and have to go against about 20 snipers. That was what ruined the game for me. Either way, have fun with Diablo.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hah. Snipers. Unless they one-shot, then i am definitely annoyed...

but will do!
exranio

Post by exranio »

In their Ubisofts defence it is the trailer. There could very well still be plenty of americans to kill.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

That defence is like saying: "I know you don't like chocolate cake, but we have some strawberry cake in the back...what, no, of course you're not allowed to have that instead."
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Eagerly waiting for D3 to be playable now. (the servers are borking, baww)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

-3 days to Max Payne 3 :shock: Hype

Did somebody played Malicious on PS3? It's not so bad... it takes two hours to reach the end, but for 8$ it's good after all
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Totalbiscuit played Planetside 2 at SOE. He nerds it out on this video <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6HgC6Exs0U#!

Also:

New Conglomerate, the guys in Blue and yellow = Smurfs
Vanu Soverignty, the guys in purple = Barneys.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Here is a trailer for a Fighting Game Community documentary

I Got Winner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKMS5pCcPPs
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

So did anyone here have a Sega Pico when they were younger?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Grey Wolverine

So, I was playing the Spec Ops: The Line demo today, and boy is it just, confusing. Now, the game is more plot based, and the plot does seem interesting, and the sand mechanic(something it took a while to do) is only used once in the demo and that sucks, the voice acting and writing are actually better than expected, so on what is says its going to deliver on, yah, seems good. But I do have an issue, a HUGE issue. The controls are TERRIBLE, I mean seriously, its awful, okay, heres the thing, its a Gears of War rip off in most ways, but I like it better than GOW, but its just, so BAD. Okay, let me try and explain, its like, your gear has no weight. At all, the sensitivity is just, so bad, because it starts on 3, and when I put it on 1, and it was still weightless and floaty. I'm personally intrigued, but its like, I just hate hoe it plays. ALSO! It got rid of co-op, and its like, the PERFECT game for co-op, I don't get it.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Been playing a few games lately, SolatoRobo, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Explorers of Darkness, Tail Concerto, Pokemon Blue (caught them all with a glitch >:D), and a few other games
ImageImageImage
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Ooh! I'm thinking of getting SolatoRobo, is it good?

I'm on DeviantArt now!
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

All I can say is you won't be disappointed if you like story line based games. But I would also suggest playing Tail Concerto, since TC was actually SolatoRobo's predosecor (spelling stinks at times and my computer does not know what I mean lol), as you will find characters in the game that come from Prairie Kingdom in SolatoRobo (which are characters from Tail Concerto)
ImageImageImage