Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Alastair

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Alastair »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Inali wrote:Sorrow: My mom got bit by a tick the other day, and a few days ago, we noticed that the way the bite mark looks had the tell-tell signs of the beginning of Lyme Disease. She went to the doctor Thursday, and the doctor prescribed some kind of antibiotic. I sure hope it's not Lyme Disease, because if it is, then mom's in trouble.

Sorrow: the first of the month sucks, you guys. Especially if you have a job that has anything to do with the public.
Yeeg.... :? Sorry to hear that. :( Praying for you.

Thanks Chewy, I really appreciate it. :) Only time will tell, I guess.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Joy: I won a contest on Youtube. ^^ I never win contests normally, so I feel quite over-joyed. ^^ The prizes are not the most amazing things sure, but it is still something, a good decoration piece of my choice. :3
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: Lots of issues back home with the family. One being my parents disputing over how my sister is being raised and my dad obviously isn't doing a very good job at it.
Somewhat sorrow: Heard a song that brought back bad memories. It's such a good song though.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: They turned my favorite Flea Market upside down. Moved all the tables off the convenient lined rows of pavement/gravel to far, spread out tables in the middle of the grass. And very out of the way to. I dunno, it just feels worse and less maintained now, and harder to browse through. They did this however to regulate traffic better due to having some car accidents before.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Got to work at the snack bar at school today.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Hooray: I finally managed to get my Xtransceiver to work. The range is poor but it reaches the bedrooms from the living room so it is good enough.

Sorrow: I hate sundays and I overslept.

Joy: I am going to be alone in the house for a long period of time. Time to listen to some video game song remixes at MAXIMUM VOLUME!
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Your Xtranceiver?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

From Pokemon Black and White, you can connect with other people who are playing the game at the same time.

I don't know much more, I've never really used it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

Sorrow:back from church while getting socked by rain, I expected no one to be at home but there is my dad. boom No My little ponny today :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Just watch it anyway! Unless he uses the TV or computer or whatever you'd use to watch it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Today I told my mom what the school psychologist told me, that I have manic depression and a anxiety disorder. I had avoided telling her for over a year because I was afraid of what she might say. It turns out I was right to.

She told me if I had any problem its from sending too much time by myself. I do have friends and we hang out when we can, but not always because of class, work or studying. I am not really the type of person who goes out to clubs or bars or anything. She told me that in a few years I would be out of school and working full time and that would not permit me time to have "mood swings" or to "feel sorry for myself", as she put it. I tried to explain what manic depression was but she didn't understand. She told me that a routine would help me. This being get up, go to work, go to bed, as opposed to get up, go to class, go to work, go to bed and repeat. In the same conversation she told me that something had been occupying my attention and "taking over my life". I can't think of what that could be. Literally, it is nothing because when I do have time off, I don't know what to do with myself. I only have my routine. I'm not sure how substituting one routine for another will help me, but she does not seem to know what a mental illness is or how to cope with it.

After she told me her solution to my problem, she told me to make perfectly sure that I do not tell anyone because it would be embarrassing to me and the rest of the family, and last thing I needed was for people to think I was crazy. It would only serve to make me look like "a fool".

I am starting to realize how alone I really am.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Today I told my mom what the school psychologist told me, that I have manic depression and a anxiety disorder. I had avoided telling her for over a year because I was afraid of what she might say. It turns out I was right to.

She told me if I had any problem its from sending too much time by myself. I do have friends and we hang out when we can, but not always because of class, work or studying. I am not really the type of person who goes out to clubs or bars or anything. She told me that in a few years I would be out of school and working full time and that would not permit me time to have "mood swings" or to "feel sorry for myself", as she put it. I tried to explain what manic depression was but she didn't understand. She told me that a routine would help me. This being get up, go to work, go to bed, as opposed to get up, go to class, go to work, go to bed and repeat. In the same conversation she told me that something had been occupying my attention and "taking over my life". I can't think of what that could be. Literally, it is nothing because when I do have time off, I don't know what to do with myself. I only have my routine. I'm not sure how substituting one routine for another will help me, but she does not seem to know what a mental illness is or how to cope with it.

After she told me her solution to my problem, she told me to make perfectly sure that I do not tell anyone because it would be embarrassing to me and the rest of the family, and last thing I needed was for people to think I was crazy. It would only serve to make me look like "a fool".

So sorry to hear that. :( Both that you have this disorder and that your mother responded that way.

She's wrong. I spend a LOT of time by myself and I've never "contracted" such a disorder.

Don't listen to her. You clearly need help, and you recognize it, and your mother isn't going to give it to you. What matters isn't how other people perceive you, it's that they get the truth, and that you have help when you need it.

But at the same time, try not to resent her. I don't know why she doesn't understand, but she may honestly think she's acting in your best interests, wrong though she may be.

I'll pray for you.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

This reminds me of how my mom talks about how my internet friends are "distracting" me from what's important, as well as implying that they "corrupt" me. (Disclaimer: I'm an extremely well-behaved and morally-minded young fox.) There really isn't anything you can do other than try to get professional help without her. I do think a routine is good for stuff like that, but it's by no means an excuse to not seek real help.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy/Sorrow: I just listened to a song that I really like to listen to. The song always cheers me up and makes me sad at the same time. I just can't figure it out.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:Joy/Sorrow: I just listened to a song that I really like to listen to. The song always cheers me up and makes me sad at the same time. I just can't figure it out.
I think you find happines from misery... or otherway around
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Today I told my mom what the school psychologist told me, that I have manic depression and a anxiety disorder. I had avoided telling her for over a year because I was afraid of what she might say. It turns out I was right to.

So sorry to hear that. :( Both that you have this disorder and that your mother responded that way.

She's wrong. I spend a LOT of time by myself and I've never "contracted" such a disorder.

Don't listen to her. You clearly need help, and you recognize it, and your mother isn't going to give it to you. What matters isn't how other people perceive you, it's that they get the truth, and that you have help when you need it.

But at the same time, try not to resent her. I don't know why she doesn't understand, but she may honestly think she's acting in your best interests, wrong though she may be.

I'll pray for you.
Thank you.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: Avengers. That is all.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Joy: Avengers. That is all.
Yes. I saw it and it HULK SMASHed all expectations.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorry to hear that your mom reacted that way, Radio Blue Heart. Shes sort of right when she says you need a routine (though it seems you already have one) but there is more to that when dealing with depression. It's also ridiculous that shes worrying about embarrassing family.
I can somewhat relate to what your going through and if you want to talk about it, feel free to P.M. me.

Sorrow: My friend is calling me every day while wasted asking when I'm moving back.
Sorrow: My favorite shirt got shrunk in the laundry.
Joy: I think I may now have a real job thanks to a good friend.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Double Joy: Got kidnapped by a friend over the weekend, had a blast and even got to see Avengers along the way.
Sorrow: Throat feels horrid, and haven't been able to sleep well...I hate getting sick.
Meh: It's storming here tonight...it's not bad but I dislike how the power flickers when this happens.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Anger: Lent a "friend" one of my games. I have been asking for it back for three weeks now and he is making up all these pathetic excuses as to why he doesn't bring it in. It is not hard to put a small case inside a bag.
If he hasn't brought it in tommorow I am going straight to my head of year as technically he has stolen my stuff.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
McFly

Post by McFly »

Minor Sorrow: Allergies are such a pain.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: finally got internet working on my phone again
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sorrow: the oldest of my three dogs, is in great pain due to the fusion of several vertebrae and the growth of bone excrescenes along the spine. That's because he's 14. He's not operable. I can only treat him with strong painkillers in this last stage of his long life. :cry:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sorry to hear that Val. at least he's lived a long life. Just make him as comfortable as possible.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

valerio wrote:Sorrow: the oldest of my three dogs, is in great pain due to the fusion of several vertebrae and the growth of bone excrescenes along the spine. That's because he's 14. He's not operable. I can only treat him with strong painkillers in this last stage of his long life. :cry:
*Cries and hugs you* I am so sorry to hear that. I mentally give him hugs so that he feels slightly better
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

valerio wrote:Sorrow: the oldest of my three dogs, is in great pain due to the fusion of several vertebrae and the growth of bone excrescenes along the spine. That's because he's 14. He's not operable. I can only treat him with strong painkillers in this last stage of his long life. :cry:
*gives you a big, warm hug*
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Joy: I'm very close to graduating from high school.
Sorrow: I'm losing my ability to hold my tongue...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What did you say and when?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

He meant the literal ability to physically hold his tongue, Sleet.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Not at all. But it don' mattah, everything worked out anyway.

Post by 0404 »

joy: wohhhhohohohoh 3rd place on longjump!! had a good track and filed day. good luck chram and jeff's good luck worked.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: My good luck rubbed off on someone!!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Where to start where to start!
Whelp let's kick off with good

Good #1: I'm makin' friends and making sure to keep EM
Good #2: having a boyfriend... Not much to say about his personality though <.<
good #tres: finally getting my feelings off my Chest to a friend (not the mate and not what you're thinking about... I think)
Good 4: Music music it's what keeps me sane > W0)
Good 5: I'm back here and hopefully someone missed me
Good 6: Been working on stuff... Pretty much one of the reasons I haven't been on in a while.
Now onto the bad
Bad UNO: I'm failing biology and Geometry
Bad dos: I lost 2 friend (not that they died... They hate me)
Bad 3: I have Depression to deal with and Low (and when I say low I mean barely any) self esteem
Bad 4: my bad moods are what caused my friends to hate me ; A;
Bad5: trouble a Brewin at school
Bad 6: I'm trapped in a 'love Square... Or is it still triangle even with 4'
I have mate and love him. But appatently these 2 guys love me and idk what to tell them. It's stressing me out and I'm at my ends with that
Bad 7: MY GOD IM SO SORRY WOLFY FOR NOT TELLING YOU WHERE I'VE BEEN (wait can I even say this on here? It's been so long and kinda forgot)

So this might be a good look
I'm kinda neutral on. How I'm feeling right now... Best described as not happy nor sad
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Joy: Dragging a friend with me to D&D tomorrow, it shall be fun.
Joy: Peanut Butter M&Ms.
Sorrow: I'm an arachnophobic type and I just had a spider fall on my leg and go scurrying down it. Now I'm jumping at every little thing that feels 'off'.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Shirosune wrote:Joy: Dragging a friend with me to D&D tomorrow, it shall be fun.
Joy: Peanut Butter M&Ms.
Sorrow: I'm an arachnophobic type and I just had a spider fall on my leg and go scurrying down it. Now I'm jumping at every little thing that feels 'off'.
I'm sorry if this is rude, but PFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!
Y U SO SCARED OF SPIDER!
Spider our friend! Spider good!... Maybe spider wants that Buck fifty ye owe him >.>
(again I'm so sorry if this sounds rude or something. But I couldn't resist the joke)
Anyways. I understand how you feel. I used to fear spiders too. Now I only fear the dangerous ones line the Brown Recluse or the black widow or the Deadly Wolf Spider
Others like the garden variety spiders that are harmless to us I'm alright with.
So... Good luck with that fear and yay I love Peanut Butter M&M's
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I have read everyone's replies.
But I'm not really sure how to respond to them, however I am quite thankful for all your support!
TensaZangetsu wrote:Where to start where to start!

good #tres: finally getting my feelings off my Chest to a friend (not the mate and not what you're thinking about... I think)
Good 6: Been working on stuff... Pretty much one of the reasons I haven't been on in a while.
Now onto the bad
Bad 3: I have Depression to deal with and Low (and when I say low I mean barely any) self esteem
I have mate and love him. But appatently these 2 guys love me and idk what to tell them. It's stressing me out and I'm at my ends with that
Bad 7: MY GOD IM SO SORRY WOLFY FOR NOT TELLING YOU WHERE I'VE BEEN (wait can I even say this on here? It's been so long and kinda forgot)

I'm kinda neutral on. How I'm feeling right now... Best described as not happy nor sad
I was wondering why you weren't here as often! Well it's good that you have a boyfriend and that people desire you. (I don't know a better way to say this) I can't give you any dating advice but I can say that you should not fret over highschool relationships. They usually don't last after graduating. Your friends hate you because of your bad moods... hm... if they're really your friends I don't think they really hate you, probably annoyed with you at most.
Last edited by Wanderer on Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Wanderer wrote:
TensaZangetsu wrote:Where to start where to start!

Now onto the bad

I was wondering why you weren't here as often! Well it's good that you have a boyfriend and that people desire you. (I don't know a better way to say this) I can't give you any dating advice but I can say that you should not fret over highschool relationships. They usually don't last after graduating. Your friends hate you because of your bad moods... hm... if they're really your friends I don't think they really hate you, probably annoyed with you at most.
That... Actually made me feel better
Sorrow: INSOMNIA! always friggin keeping me up at night > 3>
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorrow: My addiction is causing me to lose sleep, and my physical health is suffering as a result. :(
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com

Post by 0404 »

ChewyChewy wrote:Sorrow: My addiction is causing me to lose sleep, and my physical health is suffering as a result. :(
Here, have a glass of warm milk. What kind of addiction is it? Sorry if it's touchy subject.

Joy+sorrow?: had a good dream last night. My old crush was there, but we only talked about how life is going :P