Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

" T-Thanks... Reno hugged Iudex "It means alot to me... " he smiled slightly, his trembling coming to a stop, he felt calm, he felt safe "I-Is it him makingg me feel this way..." Reno thought to himself before letting go of Iudex. Reno put his head inside the door"Come on guys, I have a cake at home that needs to be eaten" he called
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

A jolt shot up Iudex's spine, had he been hugged? Just another first to happen to the cat today. He timidly returned the hug, "You are very welcome." he detached as Reno did, "I am glad." Iudex continued to wait for the others, "I haven't had cake in ages..." he thought
Thouhastbinpwnd

Post by Thouhastbinpwnd »

When Reno fell, Rover jumped but seeing Iudex he stopped, Interesting, the cat has a soft spot. He thought. "Me too, I havent had cake in years. Let's get going, shall we?" He said to the group
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After Trigger heard Reno call him he put the gun on the table. "Whoops, guess its time to go. Sorry, maybe next time, I happen to be pretty good at these game myself." He started to walk away when he stopped and thought for a moment. "Actually, you know, me and a few pets are doing a get together thing. In fact, I think that cat that walked in with you is goin too. You should come by." He looked around. "Err... Wait here one sec." The husky dashed off into the arcade, coming back a couple seconds later with a piece of paper and a pencil. He was writing something as he walked back to the dog. He squinted, scrutinizing the paper before folding it and putting it in the dog's hand. "Its directions, to the building. I don't know the streets and stuff and its kind of a crude drawing but... i think i got it. Reno won't mind." Trigger rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away for just a second. "I hope" He thought to himself. "Anyways." Clapping his hands together and starting to tread backwards. "I gotta go. I'll be seein ya." He turned around, waving as he did so and dashed out the door. He spotted the other pets already walking down the sidewalk and he chased after them. "Guys, sorry I didn't leave right away, I met this other dog, pretty cool guy, I think you." Pointing to Ludex. "Came in with him. Anyways I de-" Trigger stopped when he noticed the glum mood. "Hey... Is everything alright." He asked. Slight hesitant, his tail stopped wagging.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno smiled slightly "Yeah I'm fine. Hey run back in and get him, he can tag along with us, the more the better" he nodded to Trigger "I don't mind it, honest" he said. "As long as they don't cause trouble, anyone is invited" he chuckled
Pet Friendly:
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The Moon Howler wrote:
Leafolawl wrote: Skya had quickly and silently followed behind Zaya, bouncing the whole time, only to let out a squeal of excitement once Zaya had motioned for them to sit next to her. It was almost like her feet never touched the ground at the speed she went charging at the seat before jumping onto it. "Alright, first question Zaya, how much is this going to cost, second, do you think I got enough tea this morning, because I'm kinda questioning my own sanity, and third, Plamen smells like a flower." She said without taking a breath, Trying to figure things out and get Zaya to sniff Plamen, just to see how uncomfortable it would make Plamen.

She Thought Plamen would probably get her back for it, but it would be worth it. It would really be worth it.
Plamen followed the two females silently, caught in his memories. As they were near the restaurant, he managed to snap out of it. He sat when Zaya motioned them to.
At Skya's first question, the GSD smiled "Don't worry, Skya. As a gentleman, I'll pay for our meals."
At the cat's third *question*, which was more like a statement, Plamen gave Skya an angry glance, but said nothing, hoping that Zaya will ignore that part.
Zaya giggles at her friend’s contained hyperactive behavior. Though her breed wasn’t known for having a very sharp sense of smell, she quickly poked her nose over Plamen’s shoulder when he glared at Skya. His resulting expressing made her giggle again. “Not like a flower, but that’s not to say he doesn’t smell nice.” Zaya puller her messenger bag off her shoulder and set it on the floor at her feet. “Please, don’t worry about paying. I’m very close to the family who owns this diner, they’re nice to me and my friends even though the diner doesn’t really serve pets...”

There were some voices and some dishes clattering back in the kitchen. “I wouldn’t worry about ordering either. They’ve always surprised me with delicious hot meals.” There was some gleefully high laughter coming from the kitchen. It sounded like a child.

--Edge City K9 Training Center--
Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:

The K9 trainer gave both the dogs a semi-skeptical look and glanced at his watch. “Cruiser? You mean a dog that trains here? Look if you have concerns about one of our dogs, you should talk to the front desk. But I can tell you two now, unless he’s part of the police K9 training unit, he’s not going to be here for another hour or so.”
Do you guys have like a phone number or something we could reach him at? We kind of lost track of him and we want to make sure he isn't waiting for us somewhere.

The trainer sighed. “Look, see that guy over there?” He pointed to the first desk in front of the building’s entrance. “Talk to him and tell him the name of the dog you’re looking for, and he’ll tell you how to reach him. But I doubt you’ll get anything more than a house or owner’s cell number.” The several dogs from earlier returned. One of them asking about a problem with a locker. “Ah, ok let’s go. Good luck finding your friend.” He said to Soren and Marus as he walked across the room and down a hallway with the several training dogs in tow.

--Red Star Arcade--
Roarin wrote:After Trigger heard Reno call him he put the gun on the table. "Whoops, guess its time to go. Sorry, maybe next time, I happen to be pretty good at these game myself." He started to walk away when he stopped and thought for a moment. "Actually, you know, me and a few pets are doing a get together thing. In fact, I think that cat that walked in with you is goin too. You should come by." He looked around. "Err... Wait here one sec." The husky dashed off into the arcade, coming back a couple seconds later with a piece of paper and a pencil. He was writing something as he walked back to the dog. He squinted, scrutinizing the paper before folding it and putting it in the dog's hand. "Its directions, to the building. I don't know the streets and stuff and its kind of a crude drawing but... i think i got it. Reno won't mind." Trigger rubbed the back of his neck, glancing away for just a second. "I hope" He thought to himself. "Anyways." Clapping his hands together and starting to tread backwards. "I gotta go. I'll be seein ya." He turned around, waving as he did so and dashed out the door. He spotted the other pets already walking down the sidewalk and he chased after them. "Guys, sorry I didn't leave right away, I met this other dog, pretty cool guy, I think you." Pointing to Ludex. "Came in with him. Anyways I de-" Trigger stopped when he noticed the glum mood. "Hey... Is everything alright." He asked. Slight hesitant, his tail stopped wagging.
Cruiser’s eyes never left the screen, seemingly not very interested in whatever Trigger was saying at the moment. “Heh sure, whatever man. See you later.” He took the paper slip and continued playing as Trigger left, leaving him alone in a deserted part of the arcade. Cruiser just kept at his little virtual zombie-murdering spree, oblivious to anything else for the next few minutes. The difficulty level of the new game finally got the best of him after an especially powerful reanimate boss appeared, and maimed his character to death my flinging various weapons at the screen at high speeds.

A medical kit with a countdown timer popped up asking for coins or another card scan to continue. Cruiser gladly reached up to his collar to get his card, but froze dead-still when he looked back at the game screen. It looked like the game had glitched, and had gotten stuck on its black ‘continue’ screen background. But this wasn’t what caused Cruiser’s heart to jump.

In the blackness of the screen, he could see what was either a reflection of what was behind him, or a faint image in its background. Surely enough he could see his own reflection, but just behind him and to his right was a very familiar, very tall outline...

--

Moments later, Cruiser could be heard very loudly smashing through the Arcade’s front doors. He quickly scanned the street and parking lot as he continued moving. He caught sight of Iudex walking away with a few other dogs, including the one that handed him written directions not ten minutes ago. “HEY! HEY WAIT UP!!” Cruiser began sprinting straight at them.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:--Edge City K9 Training Center--
Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:

The K9 trainer gave both the dogs a semi-skeptical look and glanced at his watch. “Cruiser? You mean a dog that trains here? Look if you have concerns about one of our dogs, you should talk to the front desk. But I can tell you two now, unless he’s part of the police K9 training unit, he’s not going to be here for another hour or so.”
Do you guys have like a phone number or something we could reach him at? We kind of lost track of him and we want to make sure he isn't waiting for us somewhere.

The trainer sighed. “Look, see that guy over there?” He pointed to the first desk in front of the building’s entrance. “Talk to him and tell him the name of the dog you’re looking for, and he’ll tell you how to reach him. But I doubt you’ll get anything more than a house or owner’s cell number.” The several dogs from earlier returned. One of them asking about a problem with a locker. “Ah, ok let’s go. Good luck finding your friend.” He said to Soren and Marus as he walked across the room and down a hallway with the several training dogs in tow.

Marcus approached the desk he'd been pointed to nervously, he had no idea what he would do if he couldn't get some kind of contact info from them Hi, we need the contact info for Cruiser
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno turned and saw another dog sprinting towards them "You must be Cruiser...." he said and looked up towards the sky, seeing colors of the sunset "Introductions can be given when we reach the hotel gentleman, for now errr... RACE YA THERE!" he made the silly excuse to sprint ahead of everyone, wanting to get there as quick as possible
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger turned around, Cruiser was running towards them. He waved. "Hey I was gonna go back and get ya, but I guess I don't need to now." Cruiser's expression made him smirk. He crossed his arms over his chest. "What happened? You look like you saw a ghost. Or was it one of those monsters in the game?" He remarked sarcastically. The husky turned his head to see Reno race off towards the apartment. "Hey, no fair!"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex took a moment to watch the dog race off, then turned to Cruiser with a knowing smile, mouthing the words, "I know you saw him...". And this was true, in the commotion Cruiser breaking through the door, he could see a faint image in his mirror/tag. "So, you're joining us, Cruiser? Wonderful! This is going to be fun." he spoke as he began to drift slowly in the wake left behind by Reno
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno stopped in front of the hotel, panting heavily, he looked back and saw the others "S-Sorry!" he huffed I didn't want to get caught in the dark... Bad memories... " he sighed, a familiar voice in his head "You have loved the stars too fondly to fear the night" a phrase he had heard many times, a phrase that made him remember, that made him regret... that made him want to cry "Big brother I'm sorry..." he whispered to himself
Pet Friendly:
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:Plamen followed the two females silently, caught in his memories. As they were near the restaurant, he managed to snap out of it. He sat when Zaya motioned them to.
At Skya's first question, the GSD smiled "Don't worry, Skya. As a gentleman, I'll pay for our meals."
At the cat's third *question*, which was more like a statement, Plamen gave Skya an angry glance, but said nothing, hoping that Zaya will ignore that part.
Zaya giggles at her friend’s contained hyperactive behavior. Though her breed wasn’t known for having a very sharp sense of smell, she quickly poked her nose over Plamen’s shoulder when he glared at Skya. His resulting expressing made her giggle again. “Not like a flower, but that’s not to say he doesn’t smell nice.” Zaya puller her messenger bag off her shoulder and set it on the floor at her feet. “Please, don’t worry about paying. I’m very close to the family who owns this diner, they’re nice to me and my friends even though the diner doesn’t really serve pets...”

There were some voices and some dishes clattering back in the kitchen. “I wouldn’t worry about ordering either. They’ve always surprised me with delicious hot meals.” There was some gleefully high laughter coming from the kitchen. It sounded like a child.
Skya had gone into a laughing fit the second Plamen had said he'd pay for their meals, laughing that much harder when he gave her an angry glace, only to have her laughter quieted when Zaya said the food is free. "Wait, they're just giving us food? Really?" She asked, mouth agape, taken off guard by the concept. "Also, I really thought he smelled like a flower... What's he smell like then?" She asked, an ear cocked off to the side in confusion.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Plamen blushed as he felt Zaya's nose on his fur, his blush reddened even more after her comment about him.
"Ugh.. thanks... I guess.."
At Skya's question about his smell, he crossed his paws on his chest "Definitely not flowers!"
One of his ears fell down "Yet I still don't like the idea of receiving anything just like that... It feels... unfair..."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex arrived next to Reno, sensing the dog's sadness, he placed a comforting paw on Reno's shoulder, "Forgive me go speaking out of turn, but are you well? Do you require support?" Iudex looked meaningfully into Reno's eyes. This car may not have much of a social side, but this dog had begun to grow on him and he could not let him wallow in depression
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"S-sorry I am fine..." Reno tried once more to hide his eyes, this time not quite as successful, for some odd reason, he couldn't turn away from Iudex "I- I'm so sorry Iudex I didn't think these memories would come floating back to me... Look we're almost inside, just wait until we get to my room ok, I promise, I will tell you guys everything" he grabbed Iudex's hand and held onto it as he began to walk
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Please do not apologize,memories are one of the strongest forces in our bodies. They can allow us to transcend the sky or bring us to our knees." Iudex responded soulfully. His fur began to raise itself on end as his hand was grasped, the new sensation making him nervous, "A-as you wish..." he studdered, still in shock. Iudex had no choose but to follow Reno into the building, but through his shock, a glimmer of curiosity shone through, "This dog, he seems oddly attached to me..." he thought, "And why has he taken my hand? It feels strange..." his ponderings continued into the hotel as he regained his composure
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Zaya looked to her feline friend with a questioning stare. The Borzoi was never a breed known for their sense of smell, but even so she was able to pick up on other scents on Plamen. Out of politeness, she did not extend the conversation with an answer to Skya’s question. However Plamen’s concern quickly caught her attention.

“Please don’t feel that way; there is a reason for the hospitality.” Zaya was neatly placing napkins out in front of her in anticipation of her meal. “It’s quite a story…” before she could continue, a delighted voice distracted her from the conversation. From behind the front counter a small child came rushing out. A little girl no older than six laid eyes on Zaya and immediately rushed to her side. “Zaya! Zaaaya!!” The child squealed as she hopped up to hug Zaya around her neck. The mildly surprised wolfhound didn’t seem to mind, in fact, she smiles and returned the hug. “I missed you so much! Why did you go?”

Zaya giggled at the sudden and very close hug. “Oh, Melanie! I missed you too.” Following the thrilled little girl was the woman from earlier carrying several small dishes. “Melanie, manners!” Lucy scolded for the rather overt display of affection from her daughter. “It’s alright Lucy.” Zaya made it clear she was in no way offended. She looked to the young girl with an apologetic expression once she’d let go of her.

“I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye last time. But it was important to me. Can you forgive me?” The little girl hugged Zaya again. “Aww, I do.” Melanie held out her hand to Zaya. “But I never got to say thank you for this.” On her wrist was a small bracelet with a charm on it. “Thank you.” She said with the upmost gratitude. Zaya smiled and giggled again.

As Lucy set out the three dishes to Zaya and her guests, the borzoi gestured to them. “Lucy, Melanie, these are my friends. Skya and Plamen." “It’s very nice to meet you, any friends of Zaya I’m pleased to see! Go ahead enjoy your food.” Set out in the dishes was a sort of meaty stew with a couple of biscuits for Zaya and Plamen, and a tuna salad with a little crescent roll on the side for Skya.

--Edge City K9 Training Center—

The man at the front desk stopped with writing on whatever document he was filling out and stared blankly at Marcus and Soren. “That I can do for you, one moment please.” After a few minute typing at the computer in front of him, the man returned his attention to Marcus. “There are several dogs who attend here who go by that name. I need a last name, description, or the name of his owner. May I ask why you need his contact information?”

--

Cruiser was fumbling for the right words. What he’d witnessed moments earlier was a clear indication to him that he’d been followed, despite what Iudex had said. Now what was supposed happen? Cruiser found himself looking over his shoulder every few steps as he followed Iudex and the two other dogs. It wasn’t until they finally reached the hotel did he calm down somewhat.

The way Reno took Iudex by the hand made his expression twist a little. “Jeez, like cats much?” He thought to himself. The way he perceived it was just odd...nonetheless he followed them into the building close behind.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger followed behind everyone nonchalantly. He had put on his headphones, had his hands resting on his neck, and was listening to Jack Johnson, humming along with "Sleep Through the Static". The husky couldn't put a finger on it, but there seemed to be a negative feeling coming from the majority of the group. Reno looked like he was in a sullen mood and Trigger stifled a laugh when saw how awkward Ludex seemed to be.

Then there was the new dog. "I think he said his name was Cruiser." Trigger thought to himself. Well whatever his name was the new dog kept glancing backwards, as if expecting something to pop out and grab him. Trigger grinned. "Probably from playing too much much of that arcade game."

Once he got to the door the husky turned around to face behind him, trying to see what Cruiser was looking for. Of course he could see nothing unusual. "Cause life's boring like that..." He said to himself. And with a sigh, he closed the door behind him and followed the other pets.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno walked up to the front desk " Miss Jenny I need the key to me room please " he asked and the woman at the front desk handed him the key "Thanks" he nodded and finally noticed he still had hold of Iudex's hand, quickly letting go and blushing slightly. "We're up on the middle floor" he said and walked over to the elevator and pressed the button
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"The middle floor... Yes." Iudex dutifully followed Reno to the elevator and waited in near silence until, "You are a kind host, I am glad that I have met you." the cat smiled awkwardly, still unused to the gesture
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Don't thank me, I am happy just having you here, you have turned out to be a great friend and I... Thank YOU..." he blushed slightly " Trigger, Rover, Cruiser, you guys comin? " he smiled, his tail swishing back and forth happily
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sat May 12, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex blushed In earnest, "I-I you're welcome..." he resigned. A knot tied in the cat's stomach as he reached out to his side and tenderly gripped Reno's hand, blushing in silence. The elevator door crept open, releasing a cold draft
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:Zaya looked to her feline friend with a questioning stare. The Borzoi was never a breed known for their sense of smell, but even so she was able to pick up on other scents on Plamen. Out of politeness, she did not extend the conversation with an answer to Skya’s question. However Plamen’s concern quickly caught her attention.

“Please don’t feel that way; there is a reason for the hospitality.” Zaya was neatly placing napkins out in front of her in anticipation of her meal. “It’s quite a story…” before she could continue, a delighted voice distracted her from the conversation. From behind the front counter a small child came rushing out. A little girl no older than six laid eyes on Zaya and immediately rushed to her side. “Zaya! Zaaaya!!” The child squealed as she hopped up to hug Zaya around her neck. The mildly surprised wolfhound didn’t seem to mind, in fact, she smiles and returned the hug. “I missed you so much! Why did you go?”

Zaya giggled at the sudden and very close hug. “Oh, Melanie! I missed you too.” Following the thrilled little girl was the woman from earlier carrying several small dishes. “Melanie, manners!” Lucy scolded for the rather overt display of affection from her daughter. “It’s alright Lucy.” Zaya made it clear she was in no way offended. She looked to the young girl with an apologetic expression once she’d let go of her.

“I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye last time. But it was important to me. Can you forgive me?” The little girl hugged Zaya again. “Aww, I do.” Melanie held out her hand to Zaya. “But I never got to say thank you for this.” On her wrist was a small bracelet with a charm on it. “Thank you.” She said with the utmost gratitude. Zaya smiled and giggled again.

As Lucy set out the three dishes to Zaya and her guests, the borzoi gestured to them. “Lucy, Melanie, these are my friends. Skya and Plamen." “It’s very nice to meet you, any friends of Zaya I’m pleased to see! Go ahead enjoy your food.” Set out in the dishes was a sort of meaty stew with a couple of biscuits for Zaya and Plamen, and a tuna salad with a little crescent roll on the side for Skya.
Plamen nodded "I guess... It wouldn't hurt to try it your way... once." he mumbled. As he saw the child, he smiled.
As Zaya introduced him, he put a paw on his chest and lightly bowed. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Lucy and Miss* Melanie, and thank you for the food." the sweet aroma of the cooked stew was filling his nostrils "It smells great."

(OOC: * - That's how one turn to small girl, yes?)
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:
--Edge City K9 Training Center—

The man at the front desk stopped with writing on whatever document he was filling out and stared blankly at Marcus and Soren. “That I can do for you, one moment please.” After a few minute typing at the computer in front of him, the man returned his attention to Marcus. “There are several dogs who attend here who go by that name. I need a last name, description, or the name of his owner. May I ask why you need his contact information?”
Well we kind of lost track of him today and we're trying to find him. I think he's a dutch shepherd and most of his head and muzzle are black.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser glanced over his shoulder again before wordlessly stepping into the elevator. He couldn't help but eye Iudex with suspicion. The earlier sighting of the thing from earlier that day, and the odd cat's claim that for the time being there was nothing to worry about had him questioning the trustworthiness of his new acquaintance.

--Edge City K9 Training Center--
Seth wrote: Well we kind of lost track of him today and we're trying to find him. I think he's a dutch shepherd and most of his head and muzzle are black.
"...and brindle colored right? Hmm, I have his owner's contact information, but it says here he's been excused from attendance on a sick note." The man looked suspiciously At Soren and Marcus, finding it odd these dogs were claiming to have lost track of a pet that was apparently out sick.

Esper wrote:"I am Iudex's father, Lucius. Do not worry about your training session, I have already taken care of that, Iudex told me of your dismay."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:
Seth wrote: Well we kind of lost track of him today and we're trying to find him. I think he's a dutch shepherd and most of his head and muzzle are black.
"...and brindle colored right? Hmm, I have his owner's contact information, but it says here he's been excused from attendance on a sick note." The man looked suspiciously At Soren and Marcus, finding it odd these dogs were claiming to have lost track of a pet that was apparently out sick.
Well you see we got him to get out of the house for some fresh air and now we need to find him and make sure he gets home tonight. Marcus tried to keep his voice as neutral as possible, hopefully the officer would buy into his lie and give him the information.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger followed the rest into the elevator, pushing Rover along with him just as the door closed. Locating an isolated corner he leaned his back against one of the walls of the elevator and watched the numbers on an electric panel slowly change as they went higher and higher. He yawned, but other than that stayed quiet.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Iudex..." Reno blushed lightly when Iudex grasped his hand back I-Is he just being a good friend and making sure I am ok...Or does he feel the same way I do..." he blushed more at the thought and shook his head as the elevator door opened up. "This is our floor!" he smiled and stepped out and walked to his room door, unlocking it "And this is my home... I live alone..." he let his hand slip from Iudex's and sat down in the couch "I guess I have some explaining to do now... Huh..."
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex followed into the house, and frowned once his hand as let go, "What a wonderful home, very welcoming." the cat sat down next to Reno, bush still permeating his fur, "Please only explain if you have the heart." What am I doing!? He's making me feel strange, I should consult one of the books... Iudex thought
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I've explained why I live alone to Trigger but for you I can explain it again... it happend a year ago... I used to have a owner named Jenna... She was only 11 but we were close... One day she had a family trip to see her aunt and she was allergic to dogs so I was left at home..." Reno looked down "Well they were on their way back home and they had a car accident and drove off the side of a bridge... None of them survived..." he shook his head.

"Now to explain why I am afraid... Of the night... It happend when I was only a puppy, before I even met Jenna..." Reno shook his head "I was a stray and I was hungry... So I made my way to an alley behind a restraunt..." he choked. " Next thing I knew I was pushed onto my back with other strays standing above me" he looked into Iudex's eyes "They said things like 'Who you think you are messin on our turf' and 'You're gonna get it!' he swallowed hard.

"They had pipes and boards and bricks and went to beat me... Thats when my big brother finally showed up...And they beat him in my stead... they beat him until he no longer moved and they told me to go before I end up like him... So I left... I feared every way I turned... Afraid that I would see them again...afraid I would see HIM again..." he coughed holding back his tears
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger frowned as he sat down on the floor next to the couch with his legs crossed. He had taken his headphones off and they were resting on his neck. "You never told me about that part... That's pretty rough..." The husky grimaced and nodded to Reno, giving a silent condolence to his brother.

He, personally had never experienced the lose of a family member. Heck he never really had a 'rough' time in his life, not even before his owner became his owner, living in a pet store. "But i guess i can be thankful for that...."

Trigger turned his attention to the other pets. Ludex still looked awkward, sitting on the couch next to Reno. He shook his head. "That cat needs to get out more." . "And what about you?" Addressing Cruiser with a smirk. "You looked kinda chewed out too, almost... half scared to death actually." His tone was almost sarcastic. Trigger was still convinced that it wasn't really anything other than playing that themed shooting game. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh my..." Iudex placed his paw on Reno's shoulder empathetically, his past hadn't been kind either, "Please do not fear." the cat returned Reno's gaze, "Nor do I wish to have tears shed either, this is a happy occasion." he poured all of the compassion he had Into his voice and his free hand drifted down to Reno's paw, the contact making Iudex want to squirm, but he suppressed the urge. Iudex felt an emotion that was totally new to him, however this only added to the awkwardness of his situation

Rover pulled his cell phone from his collar to read a text message, "Very sorry, but I have been called home, my dad came back!" he exclaimed as he trotted out the door happily
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser just silently followed into Reno’s home, still looking distraught. He didn’t even bother to take a seat anywhere as Reno began telling his life story to his guests. It wasn’t until he mentioned being threatened by stray animals and losing his brother did Cruiser become drawn to what he was saying. The fact Reno was almost breaking down made it that much more dramatic. Just who invites brand new acquaintances into their home and tells them a story that's heartbreaking enough to bring tears to their eyes?

Cruiser cocked his head to one side with a blank expression. Good freaking god, man...that sucks...” He muttered, barely even acknowledging the departure of another guest Reno had invited.
Roarin wrote:"And what about you?" Addressing Cruiser with a smirk. "You looked kinda chewed out too, almost... half scared to death actually." His tone was almost sarcastic. Trigger was still convinced that it wasn't really anything other than playing that themed shooting game. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
Cruiser shot trigger a slightly annoyed glare. “You have no idea...” He subconsiouly ran his paw over the tiny video recorder on the side of his collar and gave Iudex another weary stare. That weird cat was getting pretty close to that melon coli dog…
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno smiled slightly when Iudex grabbed his hand once more "It has been difficult... But Iudex is right... This is a time to be happy, after all I have three great new friends! I mean, if you keep looking back to yesterday, how can you pay attention to whats happening today! he perked up So I say live for today and fight for a better tomorrow! he said Soda's all around! And cake too!" he smiled, and this time it was a real one
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

D-Singer wrote:Cruiser shot trigger a slightly annoyed glare. “You have no idea...” He subconsiouly ran his paw over the tiny video recorder on the side of his collar and gave Iudex another weary stare. That weird cat was getting pretty close to that melon coli dog…
Trigger raised his hands in defeat, the smirk still on his face. "Your right, your right. I don't have a clue. Didn't mean to judge, I'm sorry. I was just curios is all." He stood up and dusted his fur off, even though there was no dust to dust. (It was more for theatrical effect). "But I think someone mentioned cake. Now that's the best idea I've heard all day.".

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Yes, that is the proper emotion!" Iudex poke jovially as he awkwardly hugged Reno, "I haven't had cake in many ages! But I will stick with tea, thank you." the cat let go of the dog, pulled a thermos from his satchel, tapped it three times, and the container began to emit a sweet and herbal steam
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser made a nervous smile. "Heheh...just what I need. Cake and soda...especially soda..." The partially detached shepherd began looking around the home, eventually approaching his host. "Reno right? So uh...you go this place all to yourself no owner to speak of...mind tellin' me how you did that again? Are you payin' for this place all by yourself?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Well Mr.Caspian is paying for the first year here, but after that I pay on my own, but everything else like food, gas for my motorcyle, and other things like that I pay for on my own. I even have papers that legally state that I am my own owner, and alow me to work pet freindly jobs. I work at the pet shop nearby and its actually pretty decent pay." Reno said as he went to the kitchen and unrapped the box containing the cake, the content making him pause then laugh " Oh Mr.Caspian..." the cake was a pet friendly chocolate cake intricately built to look like a grand caslte with white frosting and on the front of the castle it says "Live to the fullest" in red frosting "You always know what to say..." Reno smiled
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex listened intently to Reno's situation, "Oh god! What in the name of Eris is wrong with me, what is going on!" he screamed mentally. The cat tilted his head when he saw the decadent cake, "It is beautiful! Even better than what Marion baked!" He smiled with more confidence, "Care to do the honors, Reno?" Iudex reached into his satchel and pulled a large knife out, handing it to the dog, his hand trembling as it came closer to Reno
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno grabbed the knife from Iudex's hand, only to set it down next to the cake and take Iudex's hand in both of his "Iudex... Are you ok... You're shaking all over... If you want I could give you a ride home... Or maybe you should just sit down for a moment..." he said looking into Iudex's eyes, his own off colored eyes had a look of worry "I won't let anything happen to you... I promise..." he mouthed so the others wouldn't hear
Pet Friendly: