Chat thread

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Teh Brawler

Re: Chat thread

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dissension wrote:Next thing we know, you'll be submitting an audition to FUNimation, right? Don't worry, "significant professional experience" includes things like church and school plays and community theater and what-have-you. Really, it's a psychological thing to weed out the people who aren't entirely sure of themselves so that casting directors don't have to go through zillions of half-hearted (or even completely earnest) demo tapes from people who haven't ever acted but know they'd be good at voice over because their voice is awesome.

Contributing Sources: Mike McFarland and Vic Mignogna

Good luck with the Poke'mon auditions, and if you decide to go for FUNimation, I wish you more of the same.

Just realized this post could be taken sardonically, but I don't mean it that way.
......Have you been reading my mind or something?
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

If you do audition for FUNi and either get called in or audition through an open casting call, whatever else you do, don't touch the mic. xD

Also, always be nice to everyone ever. And tell everyone I said hi! *laughs hysterically*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dissension wrote:If you do audition for FUNi and either get called in or audition through an open casting call, whatever else you do, don't touch the mic. xD

Also, always be nice to everyone ever. And tell everyone I said hi! *laughs hysterically*
*pauses*
*slowly reaches over and pats Dis on the back*
........there, there?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Teh Brawler wrote:So, yeah, to follow my housepets auditions, I auditioned for some parts in the fan-made anime based off of the Pokemon special manga. I haven't gotten a part yet, but I've been getting good reviews overall.

I'm enjoying this computer mic of mine. :D
Poli, poli, poli! :lol: I heard about projects like that before, but people usually shot 'em down for copyright infringement-- though, I'm not sure if it even takes effect if it's done non-profit by fans. *Shrug*

... By the way, in advance, I'm not sure... Would the first person to yell out 'This. is. SPARTA HOUSEPETS!' after the 300th member be more deserving of a cookie, or a smack upside the head?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Vadiant wrote:... By the way, in advance, I'm not sure... Would the first person to yell out 'This. is. SPARTA HOUSEPETS!' after the 300th member be more deserving of a cookie, or a smack upside the head?
I think both :mrgreen: because I want a cookie, and think the smack upside the head will be worth it!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

This is what we call football.

Also DANG IT PENUMBRA WHY WON'T THIS PICKAXE JUST HIT FOR ONCE, I AM SO SICK OF THESE DOGS
well to be fair you're meant to avoid them but their snarling gets on my nerves
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Ebly how far are you into Penumbra.

Apparently the jerky is a very nice way of fighting them ninja style. Yeesh, imagine taking a pick axe to the back while you're having dinner :v
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Ebly how far are you into Penumbra.

Apparently the jerky is a very nice way of fighting them ninja style. Yeesh, imagine taking a pick axe to the back while you're having dinner :v
surprisingly not that far off red

who is an annoying little perfectly wonderful person
Liam

Post by Liam »

In Australia football is played with your hands. Go figure.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

300 members? THIS IS SPARTA!!!
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

No... THIS. IS. HOUSEPETS!! ... And now I'm tempted to smack myself.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

*Slaps both 44R0NM10 and Vadiant with a giant mola mola*

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Three hundered members! Wow.

However...

OF those 300, only 188 of those members have posted 5 times or more, with 48 of those members having a total of exactly 0 times. And some have become inactive...

Still though, 300 people took the time to register. Which says something! I predict we'll keep growing.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Buckdida wrote:Three hundered members! Wow.

However...

OF those 300, only 188 of those members have posted 5 times or more, with 48 of those members having a total of exactly 0 times. And some have become inactive...

Still though, 300 people took the time to register. Which says something! I predict we'll keep growing.
We have been growing a lot lately, however that is good and bad for different reasons.
Make Pasta not war.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The comment section seems to be a good portion of the bad i would say. >.>

but hey, at least the comments are alive!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

A scout is...

Trustworthy!
Loyal!
Helpful!
Friendly!
Courteous! Kind!
Obedient! Cheerful!
Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent!

This is the Scout Law, a code of morals that a Boy Scout should try to follow whenever he can. It's a pretty good set of morals, don't you think?

I JUST GOT EAGLE SCOUT! WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOO WHOOOOO WHOOOOO!
5, 10, 10. A very nice and easy date to remember for getting the rank, no?

Ebly! Why the heck aren't you online! I need to yell at you about me getting Eagle!

What's even better is that in my Eagle essay, I actually mentioned my moderator job here...and, guess what, they asked me to elaborate! Wow. So, in some part, I guess I need to thank you all, even those who have been a thorn in my side when trying to keep the forums following the rules, because otherwise, I wouldn't have this job!

Thank you to everyone who's been a friend. And the occasional foe, I suppose. You've helped, whether you know so or like so! :lol:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Congrats Buck :3

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Buckdida wrote:A scout is...

Trustworthy!
Loyal!
Helpful!
Friendly!
Courteous! Kind!
Obedient! Cheerful!
Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent!

This is the Scout Law, a code of morals that a Boy Scout should try to follow whenever he can. It's a pretty good set of morals, don't you think?

I JUST GOT EAGLE SCOUT! WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOO WHOOOOO WHOOOOO!
5, 10, 10. A very nice and easy date to remember for getting the rank, no?

Ebly! Why the heck aren't you online! I need to yell at you about me getting Eagle!

What's even better is that in my Eagle essay, I actually mentioned my moderator job here...and, guess what, they asked me to elaborate! Wow. So, in some part, I guess I need to thank you all, even those who have been a thorn in my side when trying to keep the forums following the rules, because otherwise, I wouldn't have this job!

Thank you to everyone who's been a friend. And the occasional foe, I suppose. You've helped, whether you know so or like so! :lol:
Yay! Go Bucky! Congrats on making Eagle! That's such a huge accomplishment! You go! Woot! I like exclamation marks!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Wow, good job mate! Im so close to mine....i can almost smell it....just..need....service project...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Also, I was surprised to see that we didn't have more than 300 members. I guess the ones we have are just very active. In the past I've been on forums with very large inactive/nonposting memberships, so I have trouble realizing exactly how many 300 is.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I kind of think a cleanup's going to come sooner or later, since we have members from 2009 that still haven't posted once...
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

Congratiulations, Buck! That's one thing I regret not following through on, is joining the Scouts. My dad and I talked about it all the time and it just never happened. Oh well.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Nice Job Bucky! Enjoy your eagle rank!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Congrats, Buck, you must have worked your tail off to make Eagle. Let that be a lesson to you, people, hard work pays off.

Also, moderating an Internet forum may have applications outside of the Internet.

On a personal note, I topped out at the Cub Scout rank of "WeBeLo..."

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I always felt gypped that the "Webelos" rank was not based on an animal back when I was a Cub Scout. Furry in the making I guess.

Also, fun fact: in the inversion of the whole thing where there are no such things as Legos (they're called Lego bricks), a single highest-ranked Cub Scout is called a Webelos scout. The "S" is not a pluralizing "S."
Last edited by Sleet on Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This is a fact of which I am aware.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Sleet wrote:I always felt gypped that the "Webelos" was not based on an animal back when I was a Cub Scout. Furry in the making I guess.

Also, fun fact: in the inversion of the whole thing where there are no such things as Legos (they're called Lego bricks), a single highest-ranked Cub Scout is called a Webelos scout. The "S" is not a pluralizing "S."
Actually, I believe that the highest Cub Scout rank is "WeBeLoS II" rank. What was with that? Ungh! I mean, they definitely could have make another animal rank. Let's see...

I began as a Tiger Scout (kindergarten); that's before Cub scouts.
Then Bobcat, Bear, Wolf, WeBeLoS (the capitalization is intentional), WeBeLoS II...
Then Boy Scouts: Scout, Tenderfoot, 2nd Class, 1st Class, Star, Life, Eagle! That all took a total of 13 years, or about 2/3rds of my life. Huh.

Anyway...my family actually had this discussion. My dad, of course, recommended Platypus rank. :lol: I suggested Badger rank. I think Badger rank could work! Get rid of one of the WeBeLoS ranks and put Badger in there!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 382#p33382

Brawler? I'm gonna slap you with a fish so hard it will knock you into next week
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 382#p33382

Brawler? I'm gonna slap you with a fish so hard it will knock you into next week
Heh, couldn't resist. I'll pull back, though; I've been letting my mouth run lately. I'll kick back the dramatics.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Teh Brawler wrote:

Heh, couldn't resist. I'll pull back, though; I've been letting my mouth run lately. I'll kick back the dramatics.
I was joking around ya know~
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Besides, where would he even get a magical time-travel fish at this hour, anyway?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Buckdida wrote:Actually, I believe that the highest Cub Scout rank is "WeBeLoS II" rank.
Bite me.

But yeah, I always thought it was dumb. I would suggest "Tunicate Scout."
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

I was joking around ya know~
BAH IT'S LIKE MY ABILITY TO TELL TONE HAS VANISHED COMPLETELY
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I got the awards for wolf, tiger, and bear when i got my arrow of light even though i joined as a first year webelo O_o i guess i didn't tell them lol
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:BAH IT'S LIKE MY ABILITY TO TELL TONE HAS VANISHED COMPLETELY
What ability to tell tone?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:
The ability to tell tone that has allowed me to respond appropriately on many an occasion on this forum, Ebly.
Everyone's gotta have a super power.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Ebly wrote:
The ability to tell tone that has allowed me to respond appropriately on many an occasion on this forum, Ebly.
Everyone's gotta have a super power.
But the question is: Am I joking about your funny reactions whenever someone implies they're serious... or do I genuinely think you are unable to tell tone?
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

Buckdida wrote:
Sleet wrote:I always felt gypped that the "Webelos" was not based on an animal back when I was a Cub Scout. Furry in the making I guess.

Actually, I believe that the highest Cub Scout rank is "WeBeLoS II" rank. What was with that? Ungh! I mean, they definitely could have make another animal rank. Let's see...

Then Bobcat, Bear, Wolf, WeBeLoS (the capitalization is intentional), WeBeLoS II...
Then Boy Scouts: Scout, Tenderfoot, 2nd Class, 1st Class, Star, Life, Eagle! That all took a total of 13 years, or about 2/3rds of my life. Huh.

Anyway...my family actually had this discussion. My dad, of course, recommended Platypus rank. :lol: I suggested Badger rank. I think Badger rank could work! Get rid of one of the WeBeLoS ranks and put Badger in there!
according to this:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the ... _come_from

WeBeLoS stands for: We'll Be Loyal Scouts, and so the final rank of WeBeLoS is the highest commendation of that fact, proving that you can indeed be a loyal Scout.
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Justice193 wrote:
Buckdida wrote:

according to this:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_did_the ... _come_from

WeBeLoS stands for: We'll Be Loyal Scouts, and so the final rank of WeBeLoS is the highest commendation of that fact, proving that you can indeed be a loyal Scout.
We know that, but we would rather it had been another animal.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Oh, don't tell me you didn't see this coming from a mile away.
Last edited by Zander on Thu May 27, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson