TensaZangetsu

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Joy: maybe I won't be kicked out on the streets if I decide to tell them
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Possibly is best to just remain quiet unless if it is necessary to tell them for the next few years. But I'm getting sidetracked. x3
Anyways, Joy: I've finally got all the time I need to do many things that I've been wanting to do, but have postponed on doing for many days. Previously I've been overly occupied, No free time. D:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Your being a tad paranoid.

Just tell people it's none of their business. Because it's not.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Tensa, don't LIE to people, but I agree with Foxstar. It's no one's business but your own.

Sleet and ReCreate, I don't think lying is a good solution.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

TensaZangetsu wrote:Sorrow: people keep asking me if I'm gay and it's really aggravating me
I mean yes its true but I really don't feel like talking about it
Sleet and Foxstar are correct, either lie or if you're uncomfortable with that just brush the question aside on hte grounds that it's none of their business

sorrow:got in an argument with my friend last night and it got pretty heated

Joy:I thought I'd lost my camera but my mom found it yesterday, so I'll have that back next time I go to cash my paycheck

Joy:Parents took me grocery shopping saturday!

sorrow:I have a 5 hour shift from 8pm to 1 am tonight, oy vey.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Though you are probably right, Tensa, that refusing to answer the question will cause rumors, Lying would probably cause rumors as well. Sadly, it's human nature, especially during the school years. The fact that they're even asking probably means they already assume you are.
Though, I've been told that that could constitute sexual harassment, so if this is actually happening at school, you could probably get them in trouble, possibly anonymously.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I agree with Brent, if they are asking you this, they already assume that you're gay. If you don't do anything outlandish and keep neutral about the topic, they'll most likely forget it.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

ChewyChewy wrote:Tensa, don't LIE to people, but I agree with Foxstar. It's no one's business but your own.

Sleet and ReCreate, I don't think lying is a good solution.
I think that for situations like this, lying is the best solution. It's a fairly small thing, and it's not anyone else's business, what right do they have to be told the truth? I don't see any reason why.

Shrugging it off, changing topics, etc would raise suspicions, stating otherwise would likely make the person questioning shrug it off and cause them to forget about it.

Now, If it's something that they do deserve to be told the truth about, then your point is valid. But the general "never lie" rule is too naive, for sometimes, lying yields the best result.
no longer active, sorry
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

When is it ever acceptable to LIE? Besides, as Brent says, it probably won't work anyway. Even if it does work that doesn't make it okay.

Probably would be good to tell someone that they're bothering you, though, Tensa.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

I'm going to go with ReCreate on this one. If you don't want them to know, lie. They're going to make assumptions if you do that, but not as many as they will if you avoid the question. It's the lesser of two evils. Also, there's always a chance they're just doing this to get a rise out of you. Stay cool and you'll be alright.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Some people will badger you even after you deny and lie. Its probably best to lie and stay cool, but just know that people will always be there to harass you.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sorrow: I was exhausted at work today, and I can't function when I'm tired. Thank goodness I can sleep in tomorrow, because I don't have to go to work until 2 pm.
Joy: I look forward to the 20th of this month, because that's when I get to go on my snowboarding trip. :D
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Joy: i got another cool sticker from my friends.
Sorrow: did 4 pages of handwritten notes, but had to type them out, now its only 2 pages. I wonder what the teacer will think.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy - Yesterday, my brother for once had time for a game.

Sorrow - ...however I didn't because I was tired...
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Gah! You're all sooo confusing!
I'm not sure WHO to listen to.
If you have more too add, pm me ONE at a time, as to less confusion and so there won't be an argument... Is this considered Mini-modding? If so, please ignore me then.
Anyways

Neutral: Maybe foxstar is right and I am being paranoid
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Really wished I'd know what's the best way out of it, Tensa, but I never really experience anything like that before, and I don't want to give advice based on assumptions... Hang in there, buddy *hugs*

Sorrow: Been deriving my happiness and cause of existance from endless gaming for the past 4 days, with no actual contact with any other living person apart from those in the game...

Sorrow: I'm getting selfish and self-centered lately, both in speech and in mannerism. I hate that, but I can't help it somehow.

Joy: At least I managed to survive so far with my biscuit-and-instant-noodles diet, without spending a cent. That's quite an accomplishment ^w^

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sorrow: college starts, and it seems to be 1 stressful hour after another. Stress for May exams have officially started.

Joy: least my sickness is gone. That's always a good thing.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: I thought I was going to have to but a suit this week for a pledge event, turns out I don't

sorrow:I just realized I dont even own a tie

Joy:I'm going to borrow some clothes from my dad so I get to save my paycheck(well most of it I need to go buy some new CD's) this week

Joy: Going to a drop in hockey game with my dad this weekend, should be fun.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Been deriving my happiness and cause of existance from endless gaming for the past 4 days, with no actual contact with any other living person apart from those in the game...
Story of my life. Completely fine if you like the people you play with. The only contact with people I get is IRC and going to class 3 days a week :P

You're just looking at it the wrong way. Put a positive spin on it!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Lovin' my new avatar~! Small joy, but I take what I can get.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:shamrock shakes are back!!!!!! I ended up walking across campus at 1:30 this morning to get one.
so worth it.....
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

sorrow: for some reason I am so tired after school has finished especially if I have to walk there and back home like today. it isn't even a exhausted situation as it is not a hard day or even a long walk, I even get a decent amount of sleep. I dunno why but I am just so tired nowadays.

all annoyances aside: making good progress on a new awesome game. some rage out sessions have occured but overall definatly a good buy. HAPPY TIME :)
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow
God God GOD!!!
my luck is awful!!!
I get slapped in the face, knocked over, then hit in the face with a Volleyball!
Why is my luck so terrible
Neutral: some guy pinched my nipples... I'm not sure what to make of this
Sorrow: everyone I know IRL hates me
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You make nothing of it. Dumb kids will be dumb kids.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sleet wrote:You make nothing of it. Dumb kids will be dumb kids.
Ok... I guess

Sorrow: I fell asleep in class!
That's never happened before!
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Welp. Try drinking something with caffeine before class. Like coffee, or tea.

Anyways. Weird sort of sorrow: Went sorta mad last night(Weird rage/sad/fear thing), Not sure what to call it. it's like a contained panic attack. Though, about an hour later, just returned to normal. Usually I can control this, But it's just been mad recently. O_o Same's been happening today too. No matter, Right now I'm in a spontaneous but at least somewhat happy mood. ^^
no longer active, sorry
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

I fall asleep during my study halls, that's about it. But now I take a vitamin B12 every morning along with my cup of coffee, and that works like a charm!

Joy: I'm writing again! Not that it was on this forum that I posted it, but I'm considering posting what I have so far once I'm done editing it.

Joy: I'm done with chapter one, five or so pages into chapter two, and now I'm going and editing chapter one before I write any more.

Sorrow: I became violently ill last night. Fever and vomiting for ten or so minutes straight.

Sorrow: I stayed home from school today because of it.

Joy: I got to get some more editing in with my story, though! :D
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

TensaZangetsu wrote:
Sleet wrote:You make nothing of it. Dumb kids will be dumb kids.
Ok... I guess

Sorrow: I fell asleep in class!
That's never happened before!

Really?? I fell asleep in two classes today :lol:
Sleeping in class is the best part of high school

Joy:I was able to stay awake in my math lecture which is good because we were going over some stuff for hte quiz on friday.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

JOY: I'm getting a new job making more money and I'm starting out as a supervisor. With a company truck and gas cards then to top it all off I'll be doing far less work and its with all my old friends from the company I'm with now. I'm so happy I can cry.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: I'm cursed
This day is literally
THE WORST DAY I'VE EVER HAD!
IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE
what's next? I get hit by a bus!

Joy: I haven't lost hope

Joy: this song I am listening to
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

ReCreate wrote:Welp. Try drinking something with caffeine before class. Like coffee, or tea.
I wouldn't really recommend this, actually. I'm no doctor, but I personally just don't fancy the idea of requiring a drink to keep me out of unconsciousness.

Joy- This has just been a good week in general. Relatively little real work but enough to do.
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

CaptainPea wrote:
ReCreate wrote:Welp. Try drinking something with caffeine before class. Like coffee, or tea.
I wouldn't really recommend this, actually. I'm no doctor, but I personally just don't fancy the idea of requiring a drink to keep me out of unconsciousness.

Joy- This has just been a good week in general. Relatively little real work but enough to do.
In that case, I suggest getting diagnosed with something that can be treated with a stimulant, like ADHD. Ritalin keeps me awake and focused. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Joy, I guess: Darn it, why must anime have the capability to make me feel!?
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: I am constantly reminded that I am everyman, a dime a dozen. I was literally pushed out of the way today. It doesn't help when people expect me to be their loyal servants and do all their little chores.
Sorrow: I'm ignoring everyone and getting shouted at for it. Had a huge argument with my friend, which ended up horribly.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

*POSTED AT 2:35 AM ON 2/9/2012*
I have just finished my 13 page essay on Molecular Dynamic Simulations.
And if I ever hear those three words in that order, I will seriously contemplate shooting someone.
Haha Jk
But I am soooooo relieved that I am done with that.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

@ Tensa - There should be no reason why complete strangers need to know anything about your private life. Just tell them it has absolutely nothing to do with them, and if they make up rumours just ignore their pettiness. But as for your family, then you have two options;
- Since you fear your family will disown you then it is perhaps best to wait until you are financially independent before telling them. That way, if you do take it badly, they could not do anything to harm you physically or economically.
- Or you could tell them and hope for the best. You would know your family better than anyone here, will they really disown you? (Rhetorical question, don't answer it!). You are their child, after all, but only tell them when you are ready. Don't let anyone force the issue. (I know that is pretty obvious but I thought to say it anyway).
Also, regarding what a student did to you recently, I am pretty sure that is grounds for battery. Battery is any unwanted touch, and it is illegal (it is in my country anyway). That little bit of information might be a deterrent enough to cause them to leave you alone, and if not then you can have them done for it (it probably won't go to court but the authority in your school will have to do something about it). But its up to you.

Sorrow: I seemed to have lost one of my journals, which was something I wrote about a few years ago.
Joy: I was able to remember the base principles of that journal and hopefully I will be able to recreate it. It will probably take some time though but those principles were the most important aspect of the journal.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

joy: Found the Spice and Wolf manga in a swedish online bookstore for quite a good price! o uo
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Sorrow: Just learned that the reason the 'nice' shower-head I have has been leaking, and steadily getting worse at doing so, is because of a design flaw.
Joy: I found a temporary replacement to said shower-head for less than two dollars.
Joy: I just had the best shower I've had in six months.
Neutral or Joy and Sorrow(Take your pick): I just got a better shower out of a two dollar shower-head than one that cost over ten times as much.

Joy: This post has been more Joy than Sorrow.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Tiggy wrote:joy: Found the Spice and Wolf manga in a swedish online bookstore for quite a good price! o uo
Joy:Tiggy just reminded me that Spice and Wolf is a thing

Sorrow:3 hrs sleep the last 2 days
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

CaptainPea wrote:

You don't have to. :P You could just do it whenever you want to. Though, Quite a lot of people are quite directly fueled by caffeine and as far as I know they're not in bad health. (I know of 2 already, from the top of my head)
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: In that case, I suggest getting diagnosed with something that can be treated with a stimulant, like ADHD. Ritalin keeps me awake and focused. ^_^
I was diagnosed with that as a child, and I used to have to take Ritalin every day and back then, it had a lot of side-effects. Caused me derealization and/or depersonalization and other passive but negative things that made me dislike it. D: We've kind of dropped it, though. Not sure why. Then again, I don't remember anything (really) from this early area of my childhood.
no longer active, sorry