Happy Feet 2

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JohnWillow

Happy Feet 2

Post by JohnWillow »

Who liked it? Who didnt?

Personally i found so many things wrong with it but i'd like a few other opinions before i let out my own
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Happy Feet 2

Post by Sleet »

From the trailer alone I thought it looked awful and didn't see it. But I'm open to other opinions.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Gotta admit, I love Elijah Wood. I've not seen the movie, and didn't like the plot of the first one though. So, yeah, there's my experience at least.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I feel a bit like Joey's friend Lester because i thought the movie was hideous, it totally sullied the first one and i'm not afraid to tell you why.

It was really hard to swallow that none of the penguins know what a puffin is, i accept that they know every song from the last fifty years, not so much that they know how to hip-hop and get this, BASE JUMP!!! But no one knows what a Puffin is.....

There were about a thousand plots in this movie including one long and pointless sidestory about krill.

The new character Sven showed a very disturbing interest in Gloria, the writers weren't afraid to suggest that he slipped his tongue in her mouth.

And apart from a few badly placed musical numbers the other vexing part of this film was when Boadicia, a baby penguin, made it back to Adélie Land, a place she's only been to once, when the ice bridge was destroyed

If you think my opinions are too strong let me know and i'll try to tone them down in future

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

JohnWillow wrote:It was really hard to swallow that none of the penguins know what a puffin is
I haven't seen this film, but considering that puffins don't live in the Antarctic, it's rather likely a penguin wouldn't know what a puffin was. (That depends on how human the penguins are treated, of course. If they are in other respects treated as culturally equivalent, that would be weird.)

I only have vague memories of the original Happy Feet, but I don't remember it impressing me too much so I don't have any plans to see this one.
Image Image
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm in pretty much the same boat as CP. I scarcely remember what the first film was about, though I remember quite vividly that it wasn't anything impressive. As such, I was never terribly interested in seeing the sequel.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I'm just wondering this, how in any way did the first one warrant a second movie? The first one wasn't bad it just, existed.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:I'm just wondering this, how in any way did the first one warrant a second movie? The first one wasn't bad it just, existed.
I'm assuming it's that little kids love penguins. Also, apparently the first movie was a top grosser for the first 3 weeks. Heck, they made back over half their budget in only 5 days. I must admit, I don't look at movie stats too often, but that sounds really impressive to me.

The movie's been out 8 weeks, and they're still not broken even yet (and it's made less then half the amount the first made in the opening weekend), so I highly doubt there will be a third one.

Also, wow, the movie has plenty of stars...Elijah Wood, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon are some that I actually really like.
The Grey Wolverine

With that in mind, if you want to watch something with penguins, watch March of the Penguins. Morgan Freeman is the narrator. All I need to say.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Believe me the star studded cast doesnt make this movie worth your time. Admittedly it took me a few times to warm to the first one, but it was better for several reasons, comedy timing, enviromental message, voice overs, even the dance numbers. It finished on a note similar to many pixar movies, as in you couldn't see it needing a sequel.

I figure this movie was put together after the decent but comparably small success of Owls of Ga'hoole, which i hope will have a sequel.

The Grey Wolverine

Still, Pixar can make really good sequels, like Toy Story 2-3
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i saw the first one but havent gotten the chance to see the second one and i liked it

also i guess the 'not the comic' part of forums can be about anything, i'm first ganna see if there's already one about naruto, and if not i'll start one
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."