First Time To Request What Comes Next

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

WHAT TO DOOOOO?

I want to see Bino, Fox and Rex have an adventure!
10%
I want to see Joey be his crazy self!
19%
I want to see Sasha do something meaningful!
42%
I want to see the K-9 unit solve a mystery!
17%
I want to see more ferrets! (w/o hoomans plz kthnx)
4%
I want to see the zoo again!
1%
Whatever happened to Zach, huh? HUH?!
6%

Total votes: 69

ReCreate

Re: First Time To Request What Comes Next

Post by ReCreate »

GameCobra wrote:I personally like to see Sasha as a character. don't matter who is involved. she's just one of those people you wanna hug!
First thing I thought was: people mean a group of humans.

...Oh the technicalities... :roll:
edit: IM THE PAGE KING! WOO lol
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

If King turned back into Joel, I would enjoy seeing him as Sasha's owner instead of her dad that she has now.

But one big point we all seem to have forgotten is that Joel is not only in trouble with the law for kidnapping and resisting arrest, but he (technically) broke out of prison. I don't think the cops would be on his side...
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

The pets of the neighborhood will fight on his side. :) (if they knew he was King) At least, I hope that would be the case.

Actually, if they were to side with him, then there has to be a few arcs involving him before it, to make him more attached with the other pets.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ctcmjh wrote:If King turned back into Joel, I would enjoy seeing him as Sasha's owner instead of her dad that she has now.

But one big point we all seem to have forgotten is that Joel is not only in trouble with the law for kidnapping and resisting arrest, but he (technically) broke out of prison. I don't think the cops would be on his side...
Well if Pete changed him back Pete could clear that up by erasing everyone memories of what happened because he is trying to teach Joel a lesson and if he learns it he might help him out like that. But then again Pete's a jerk so you never know. And that fact does lend some credence to Joel staying King or a least he would want to anyway.

Edit: This comic https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/ ... t-of-beef/ seems (to me anyway) to suggest that clearing up what Joel did by getting rid of it is what Pete might do because Pete thinks that this is a better way to teach him a lesson so why would he have to spend time in jail as well. Edit: Fixed up wording
Last edited by IceKitsune on Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Game

Post by The Game »

ctcmjh wrote:If King turned back into Joel, I would enjoy seeing him as Sasha's owner instead of her dad that she has now.

Wait who said the sops have sides? Cops do their own thing, so they'd probably taze him as they say 'we want to help you!'.
But if your talking in a logical sense, then the cops would not be unhappy with Joel, maybe sympathetic that he's babbling about being a pet. I can see their conversation...
Joel: I swear!! i was pet!! A corgi!! With this bird thing that kidnapped me from jail-
Cop: They always use the 'bird thing'. Poor saps...
Or something like that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

This comic is primarily about the pets, so if King turned back into Joel, we would essentially lose a character, and a popular one at that. I wouldn't count on it ever happening. And if it did, you guys are right, there's no way he'll go anywhere but jail.
Last edited by Sleet on Thu May 06, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

yes, i mean really, we should just eliminate all those extraneous characters and make the comic about king

the domain kingcorgi.com is still available rick
ImageImage
ImageImage
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Or at least a spinoff for King! C'mon, it'll be awesome!
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

D: what about all the OTHER characters? its not like there all gonna take this lightly... there probaly running twoards your homes right now with pitchforks and torches...
HELLO THERE
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Sleet wrote:This comic is primarily about the pets, so if King turned back into Joel, we would essentially lose a character, and a popular one at that. I wouldn't count on it ever happening. And if it did, you guys are right, there's no way he'll go anywhere but jail.

And I agree with the above quote. Whats the point of changing King back to Joel if that was going to happen? By the way, I would love to see a King/Sasha pairing, considering the fact that they both do have some similar predicaments in their lives. But at the same time, Pete is pretty much jerk anyways. Or is he a jerk with a heart of Gold?
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Yep, sasha will most certainly win. :D
Can't wait! :D
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
chronocrosser

Post by chronocrosser »

Barkeron wrote:
Sleet wrote:
This comic is primarily about the pets, so if King turned back into Joel, we would essentially lose a character, and a popular one at that. I wouldn't count on it ever happening. And if it did, you guys are right, there's no way he'll go anywhere but jail.

And I agree with the above quote. Whats the point of changing King back to Joel if that was going to happen? By the way, I would love to see a King/Sasha pairing, considering the fact that they both do have some similar predicaments in their lives. But at the same time, Pete is pretty much jerk anyways. Or is he a jerk with a heart of Gold?
I Disagree I personally feel that sooner or latter this comic like all good things will come to an end and at least one ark before that happens King will be Joel again. But I like many others truly hope it doesn’t come for at least a few decades. On an Additional note I agree with ctcmjh after Joel’s experience as King he would make a much better owner then whoever his name is. :ugeek:
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

chronocrosser wrote: I Disagree I personally feel that sooner or latter this comic like all good things will come to an end and at least one ark before that happens King will be Joel again. But I like many others truly hope it doesn’t come for at least a few decades.
Because, obviously, Rick will still be writing these comics in his middle sixties :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Teh Brawler wrote:
chronocrosser wrote: I Disagree I personally feel that sooner or latter this comic like all good things will come to an end and at least one ark before that happens King will be Joel again. But I like many others truly hope it doesn’t come for at least a few decades.
Because, obviously, Rick will still be writing these comics in his middle sixties :lol:
I just hope that this doesn't turn out like so many other comics and he never finishes it at all.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

chronocrosser wrote:
Barkeron wrote:
Sleet wrote:

I Disagree I personally feel that sooner or latter this comic like all good things will come to an end and at least one ark before that happens King will be Joel again. But I like many others truly hope it doesn’t come for at least a few decades. On an Additional note I agree with ctcmjh after Joel’s experience as King he would make a much better owner then whoever his name is. :ugeek:

*shrugs* Hey, you never know. I mean, the webcomic PvP is still going strong after more than 12 years! :o
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Don't worry about the past, there's the future!
Don't worry about the future, there's the present!
He who controls the present controls the past, who in tern controls the future!

In other words, Housepets! is awesome and will never end in our hearts! :D

That's more then just cheezy, that's a whole block of cheese there...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

44R0NM10 wrote:Don't worry about the past, there's the future!
Don't worry about the future, there's the present!
He who controls the present controls the past, who in tern controls the future!

In other words, Housepets! is awesome and will never end in our hearts! :D

That's more then just cheezy, that's a whole block of cheese there...
More like a Wheel
Liam

Post by Liam »

IceKitsune wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
I just hope that this doesn't turn out like so many other comics and he never finishes it at all.
We should sabotage Rick's university career so that he becomes unemployed and has to financially rely on the comic.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Great idea! It can't be that hard to subsist on a webcomic, right?

...Right?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:Great idea! It can't be that hard to subsist on a webcomic, right?

...Right?
This makes me think of the DMFA filler comic of the artist, Amber Williams, as a homeless person holding a sign saying "Will draw good for food".... (I think the words were misspelled)....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wikipedia lists a grand total of 44. In the world. Some of those are dubious, like those that aren't really around anymore (Staccato) and those who have earned "real" jobs (Kevin and Kell, 8-Bit Theater, Girl Genius). So... odds are good! Yay!
Arcticsyn

Post by Arcticsyn »

I wanna see Sasha! You can probably guess who I voted for :D
'From green to red our days pass by... waiting for a time to tell us why? Are we dancing all alone?'
In Flames we trust

'Leaders are hard to come by, followers are omnipresent, satisfied with a mediocre lifestyle, satisfied!'
In Dying Days
Liam

Post by Liam »

Sleet wrote:It can't be that hard to subsist on a webcomic, right?
If... things like Megatokyo, Least I Could Do, Looking For Group, Snafu, User Friendly and xyzwldzuzkdkl can make that much money, no.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Well there's a few big things about those comics.

One, they've been around for YEARS

And two, they put in the work to make the money
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Liam

Post by Liam »

Yeah, that's true. Scrawly, unpolished line art, stick figures and references as substitutes for actual jokes are hard work not anybody is able to do.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gasp, there exists an artistic medium where quality and success are not strongly correlated?

To make money you don't have to be good, you just have to make people like you. Turns out idiots are easy to manipulate.
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Sleet wrote:To make money you don't have to be good, you just have to make people like you. Turns out idiots are easy to manipulate.
Is it against the rules to point out a very strong example?
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

NoelL wrote:
Sleet wrote:To make money you don't have to be good, you just have to make people like you. Turns out idiots are easy to manipulate.
I love you
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

If you're not a particularly pleasant person, we could still measure the number of people that could potentially like you by percentage. So let's say that your personality only appeals to about 1% of the people, while someone else who is nicer appeals to 30%. All he needs to do to match your numbers is to make sure that the greatest amount of people know about you so that your 1% is as large as his 30%. Sure, you also have a higher percentage of people who hate you, but when you're talking about a group of people that gives you money, you only need a solid figure of people, not a percentage.

And as for making money, despite people liking me, it still takes time and effort and other money to invest into making a profitable merch line, etc. The "old guard" comics have done that and can do that cause they've been around so long anyone who needs to know of their existence does already.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

chronocrosser wrote: But I like many others truly hope it doesn’t come for at least a few decades. On an Additional note I agree with ctcmjh after Joel’s experience as King he would make a much better owner then whoever his name is. :ugeek:

A few decades? o.O Do you mean that in dog years?
Last edited by Barkeron on Fri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

machchunk wrote:
NoelL wrote:
I love you
Seconded.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

I wants to see the ferrets.. with SPORKS! :3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Introduce a bunch of new characters: you know you want to.

Edit: I see we're talking about making money off the comic. My advice is to do what I do: make money off what you can and don't worry about the rest. You have merchandise and all that right? What about publishing a few arcs in a book? It's not hard to make some extra spending money off a few things, and sometimes you might as well.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Introduce a bunch of new characters: you know you want to.

Edit: I see we're talking about making money off the comic. My advice is to do what I do: make money off what you can and don't worry about the rest. You have merchandise and all that right? What about publishing a few arcs in a book? It's not hard to make some extra spending money off a few things, and sometimes you might as well.
A Housepets! book has been discussed in a previous thread [Link]. I still support the idea and would definitely buy one. I'd even pre-order if rick wanted to take preorders to build up some funding for it.

If not a book what about just making a few posters? If you just made one that'd be awesome, but it'd be even awesomer and probably more profitable if you made one for each character (or the bigger characters at least). And what about making a new shirt with the updated artwork? I still proudly wear my Housepets! shirt from redbubble and would love one with the new art style!

This comic has a huge profit potential :3
LupinTheVapour

Post by LupinTheVapour »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Introduce a bunch of new characters: you know you want to.
I would normally say that this would be a bad idea, but I also would have said that before the point at which my favorite pet was introduced (Tarot). Rick has a huge talent for maintaining all his characters believably, and yet stay focussed enough that it doesn't get boring.

EDIT//: As far as shirts go, I'd pay good money for a Tarot shirt! A group shot would be cool too.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I think Rick has already made a large array of character to work with, so he is most defiantly fine on that department.

Also, if he were to make posters, I would love to get one, like of a single character or a group. Except I don't know how much I trust ordering over the internet.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I think that Grape, Peanut, Tarot, Max, Bino, Fido, Joey (and his weird friends), Sabrina, Spo, Marvin, Tiger, Zach, Sasha, Fox, King/Joel, Pete, Rex, Fiddler, Keys, Daisy, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mr. Bigglesworth, Lana, Keene, Duke, Rock, Simon, Pit, Squeak, Spot (as well as Stripe, the Bad Guys, the Cyborg, and the Orphans), all the woodland critters, The Zoo animals, Jasper, Pridelands characters, Kevin, Sgt. Ralph, the other K-9 unit dogs, Rufus, the Barn Cats, Daryl, Miles, Lucretia, Mile's cubs, and the various humans that have appeared are enough characters for now. But there's always room for more!
valerio

Post by valerio »

YES! I'd totally buy a big poster with a completre group portrait to hang in the bedroom! :D :D
You know, something showing our pets & ferals trying to stand in two or three lines as if in a school portrait, with someone being all disciplined and smiling and almost of all the others...not!
I wanna I wanna I wanna!!!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

oddly, I really like that idea of a poster Valerio! I'd deffinatly buy that as well!
I'm still on the lookout for a strip that has the 3 brothers in it however, I don't have a clue what it would be but it would be awesome!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I would love to see some sasha strips because her story with her abusive owner interest me. I look forward to her adventures.