Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

zeldakeeper

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by zeldakeeper »

I've only played 6, 7 and Fairy Wars. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE FLANDRE'S WINGS?! Pain in the neck to draw though OTZ
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Did anyone see the vague looking trailer for borderlands 2.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Tears in Rain a TF2 jump movie.

If for nothing else, watch it for the music. Though if you're not blown away buy the editing and the jumps people do, I'd call you crazy.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

you know what I hate, the Halo 4 trailer, people said it looks so great, but the trailer was boring and the game WILL be crap, just like Halo 2, 3, ODST, and most of Reach. I think Halo just needs to stop in general, the games are boring, un-inventive, the multiplayer has been craptastic since Halo 2, and I hate Master Chief, why do people like this character, you get more character development out of Kat from Reach, and Chief HAS HAD 3 FREAKING GAMES, he is a terrible character. And screw 343 guilty spark, he killed the only good character, Johnson.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

that sounded more like talk from a hator then any criticism Wolverine.

It was a teaser trailer for people looking forward to the game, myself included. The multiplayer has always been some of the best out of any Xbox game. Personally, the Halo 4 trailer really excited me. I'm not the only person who thinks it either.
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Don't play xbox and never will, never understood halo, or COD and never will, dont get why they released dead rising 1 on xbox and wii but released 2 for PS3 and never will
also:waiting for new assassins creed and metal gear solid is killing me!!!
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They just got offered more money, or they felt they could make more money on the different platforms.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Grey Wolverine

44R0NM10 wrote:that sounded more like talk from a hator then any criticism Wolverine.

It was a teaser trailer for people looking forward to the game, myself included. The multiplayer has always been some of the best out of any Xbox game. Personally, the Halo 4 trailer really excited me. I'm not the only person who thinks it either.
Alright, I see your point, I tend to go on rants often, just happens sometimes.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well I should be getting my PSP today. Does anyone here have Dissidia Duodecim?
None of my Xbox friends can play with me sense you need a PS3 to play online.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I personally thought that the trailer was okay. I don't think they should have made a halo 4, and I think it won't be very good, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I do however, hope that I'm completely wrong and that halo 4 kicks butt. But I'm very excited for Halo CEA, which looks totally awesome IMO.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I finally managed to play Duke Nukem Forever, and it's been the first game for awhile that I've actually just wanted to put down. It was funny, but not worth getting to the funny parts. I think my fav' joke so far has been the Leeroy Jenkins so far, hehe :P
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

HAX! Did you know that you can upload Ideas for items to valve? P.s That's not me btw, thats an admin of a Saxton Hale Mode Server. Who Is a Hacker.
Attachments
vsh_spotline_final0002.jpg
vsh_spotline_final0002.jpg (59.41 KiB) Viewed 8971 times
exranio

Post by exranio »

Snipers don't get crits!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

exranio wrote:Snipers don't get crits!
They do in SAXTON HALE mode.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well now that I have a PSP my gaming colection is going to get even more real than it already was.

Currently
----------
Dissidia Dueodecim

Battle Plan
-----
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Sonic Rivals
Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday
Sonic Rivals 2
Dark Stalkers
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

I found a match in CoD: Black Ops without people using any FAMAS', Galil's or the Ghost Perk.
That was an unique match.

For the one that do not know, those things that I just named are the most overpowered and overused weapons and perk in the game of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Helmetzid

Post by Helmetzid »

Found one of the most AWESOME Left 4 Dead 2 Maps EVER: watch the video to see what i mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mE94ocfx9k
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
exranio

Post by exranio »

I know this is game discussion and not pony discussion

but it is a game. Fighting is magic sneak peak 2 minutes from now http://www.livestream.com/mane6
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

So I got Record of Agarest War: Zero for my birthday. It plays a lot like Fire Emblem. X3

Also got Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

And Fallout: New Vegas.
exranio

Post by exranio »

New Vegas is pretty tight

Onmy end I had to call ten gamestops to find a dang copy of Blaz Blue Continuum Shift.
The Grey Wolverine

Is it sad that Im only missing the achievables in New Vegans for beating the game with Caesar's Legion winning, crushing the white legs in Honest hearts, and dealing 10,000 damage with unarmed. I plan on getting these in my current playthrough.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

I will admit, I am an avid Pokemon player. I also like things from Square Enix, Genre's have to be RPG based. Though there is one game that tops at my all time fav, sad part is not too many are into the series, Ogre Battle 64. As for console, anything made by Nintendo :p
ImageImageImage
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Do you have Ogre Battle 64 on the actual system? I find it kinda odd that your favorite game is the second most expensive game on the N64. ^^; Oddly enough however, we got that game in its box like a Month ago, never played it though.

Though I think I have said it before. Phantom Brave is my favorite. Hooray for having Obscure, not the most well-known titles as favorite. x3
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Do you have Ogre Battle 64 on the actual system? I find it kinda odd that your favorite game is the second most expensive game on the N64. ^^; Oddly enough however, we got that game in its box like a Month ago, never played it though.

Though I think I have said it before. Phantom Brave is my favorite. Hooray for having Obscure, not the most well-known titles as favorite. x3
I do still own my 64, I don't do emulators.

Also, I bought the game from a gaming store kinda like Game Stop, it was when the Gamecube started to come out, so I got it for only 30 dollars

The series is a game you have to think at, it is basically a midevil military strategy game. First time I went through it took me 72 hours of game play. Though also note that there are 6 different endings depending on the actions you take in the game.
ImageImageImage
FlintTheSquirrel

That makes me think of the Disgaea Series. Many different endings and stratergy. Phantom Brave is also a stratergy game, but has the same ending......and the most impossible, post-game bosses ever. D;
Stratergy games are a ton of fun though. |3

And good to see that you use official things. ^^
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:That makes me think of the Disgaea Series. Many different endings and stratergy. Phantom Brave is also a stratergy game, but has the same ending......and the most impossible, post-game bosses ever. D;
Stratergy games are a ton of fun though. |3

And good to see that you use official things. ^^
I agree, if there is a game that does not make you at least try to think or make you work to beat it, then there is no fun in it. Sad part is a series I like, the Zelda series, a lot of the puzzles are the same, defeat all enemies, move a block, run away.....FAST, and many others somehow keep creeping into each Zelda game.

You should see my collection of games I have, shoot, I have the original three Pokemon games released to the US :3
ImageImageImage
FlintTheSquirrel

Erm....you should see mine actually........ ^^;
Anywho, I do not think a game has to be to thought intensive to be fun. I also like those that test your skills and your reflexes to act like things such as Megaman.

An another note. My favorite game on the newer consoles is Oblivion. :3
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Erm....you should see mine actually........ ^^;
Anywho, I do not think a game has to be to thought intensive to be fun. I also like those that test your skills and your reflexes to act like things such as Megaman.

An another note. My favorite game on the newer consoles is Oblivion. :3
Thus far the 'newest' consoles I have gotten are the Wii and DSi. Which a game I play a lot on the Wii is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. "Playtime's over"
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Brawl is pretty much the best thing ever. I don't think I would ever stop playing that game if my friends didn't stop.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

DismayWolf wrote:Though there is one game that tops at my all time fav, sad part is not too many are into the series, Ogre Battle 64.
I occasionally use the male centurion as my avatar around the Internet. Ogre Battle 64 is one of the best video games ever. *giggles* I rented it a lot when it was first released but didn't buy it till a few years ago.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Sleet wrote:Brawl is pretty much the best thing ever. I don't think I would ever stop playing that game if my friends didn't stop.
Brawl is an awesome game, I like a lot of the new comers they brought to it like Wolf and Pokemon Trainer.
Dissension wrote:I occasionally use the male centurion as my avatar around the Internet. Ogre Battle 64 is one of the best video games ever. *giggles* I rented it a lot when it was first released but didn't buy it till a few years ago.
On my last file I had a Male Centurion, though my all time favorite is Bisk the Werewolf. sadly though, if I was to get any of the Zenobian characters, I had to give up Bisk :(
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I wasn't really excited about Wolf until I played him. He's a lot of fun. Now, Lucario, on the other hand... I probably squee'd harder than anyone here except for 44R0NM10.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Sleet wrote:I wasn't really excited about Wolf until I played him. He's a lot of fun. Now, Lucario, on the other hand... I probably squee'd harder than anyone here except for 44R0NM10.
Lucario, the Mewtwo replacement? lol. I miss Mewtwo to be honest. When playing in a battle with my friends on Melee, I paused the game, and wished they had the camera feature they have on Brawl, it was so epic
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like Lucario more as a Pokémon. Mewtwo was fun, but he was pretty bad, so that's something else Lucario has over Mewtwo.
FlintTheSquirrel

I love Marth in that game. .-. Ice Climbers, Ike, Shiek, Lucas, Lucario, and the others are also very fun to use. The game sure does give you a variety of characters that carry fun traits. ^^
Long Range (Sword) And Speed (Marth and Shiek) are fun to use. ^^
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

I like how they finally brought Sonic into the games, as when Melee was out, there were false rumors of him and Tails appearing in Melee if you completed Cruel Brawl. It was funny, so many people tried, but could never get it done. Then we all realized the article came out April 1st....so it explained a lot
ImageImageImage
FlintTheSquirrel

Hehe, I would Love to see Tails there.....or Megaman. Sonic was not to fun for me in that, he was not all to fast, and he is very short range and rather hard for me to understand. His special is so very cheep though.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

I am a speed kind of guy when it comes to the SSB series. Hit, then run away lol. Tails would be awesome in the series, though he would probably be a fast character as well. Too bad Shadow only appeared as an assist trophey
ImageImageImage
FlintTheSquirrel

I am a speed/long reach type. I tend to hit, and roll behind my opponents. I try to be rather close up throughout the battle and only run away for an item or if I need to charge an attack.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

I love throwing items, especially the Poke'ball, as I tend to hit my opponent 90% of the time, and I shout, "HA, I caught you, you is my pokemonz" though my favorite item is the Beam Sword, I don't really know why, it just is lol
ImageImageImage