Chat Thread 23: Sleet and I Can't Come Up with Anything Cute

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

YingBlanc

Re: Chat Thread 23: Sleet and I Can't Come Up with Anything

Post by YingBlanc »

there's a diffrence :?: _ :?:
Last edited by YingBlanc on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Sleet wrote:So, what's everyone's opinion on wooden vs. mechanical pencils? I use wooden pencils because they're cheap and replaceable, but I prefer mechanical pencils if I have a choice.
I don't know, because I'm always using wooden pencils ;)

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:but there are so many other AWESOME singers that are still alive like the peepz from AC/DC, Green Day, Pink, Aerosmith, umm.... other living rock singers...
Sleet wrote:So, what's everyone's opinion on wooden vs. mechanical pencils? I use wooden pencils because they're cheap and replaceable, but I prefer mechanical pencils if I have a choice.
i use mechanical pencils :3
Of course there're ;) We're just talking about it in general ;) And there's one thing about which I was talking - all of them are "older" - AC/DC, Aerosmith are old and still active, Green Day started at 1987, Pink is the youngest from all of them, she begins at 1996 her carrer. But the sad true is that the music right now is very weak if we compare it with the past times. Now we've got such artist on the foreground like Rihanna, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Tokio Hotel, etc. 20 or 30 years ago you've got such bands/artists like Elton John, Cher, Nirvana, Metallica, Queen, Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, etc. How to compare past foreground stars to nowadays "stars"?
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Mechanical for me, too.
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Depends on what you want to use the pencil for... Mechanical pencils are very acute at all times making them excellent for deep set lines or writing. Manga artists employ them for the accuracy in line structure. I used to use them a great deal but I eventually transitioned back to wooden pencils.

Wooden pencils are great for having varying levels of dullness. I prefer to use the side of the pencil for block placement, but use the tip to refine the drawings I do. The only down side to a pencil is that you have to sharpen it, but that happens to be the flaw with the mechanical pencil as well... I keep both on me at all times just for flexibility.

And truly there are very good singers still alive Sonic! My favorite's when referring to soft rock would be Van Morrison or James Taylor as of late, but there are so many great singers it's impossible to have a favorite, rather I like them all for differing reasons. I'm that way with most things.
Last edited by ResTheRabbit on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Ok, but what is the difference between them, because I don't have possibility to use mechanical and simply I don't know ;)

And big YAY! :mrgreen: One of my drawings is in Featured favourites of Housepets! Group :mrgreen: I didn't expect this :mrgreen:

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Box O Lions wrote:Depends on what you want to use the pencil for... Mechanical pencils are very acute at all times making them excellent for deep set lines or writing. Manga artists employ them for the accuracy in line structure. I used to use them a great deal but I eventually transitioned back to wooden pencils.

Wooden pencils are great for having varying levels of dullness. I prefer to use the side of the pencil for block placement, but use the tip to refine the drawings I do. The only down side to a pencil is that you have to sharpen it, but that happens to be the flaw with the mechanical pencil as well... I keep both on me at all times just for flexibility.
Thanks Box :) Now I know that I won't use mechanic pencil, because it won't suit to my drawing style, where I can completlely change sketch during the work. And I'm trying to use different shades on my pencil.

ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

jopencjusz wrote:
Box O Lions wrote:Depends on what you want to use the pencil for... Mechanical pencils are very acute at all times making them excellent for deep set lines or writing. Manga artists employ them for the accuracy in line structure. I used to use them a great deal but I eventually transitioned back to wooden pencils.

Thanks Box :) Now I know that I won't use mechanic pencil, because it won't suit to my drawing style, where I can completlely change sketch during the work. And I'm trying to use different shades on my pencil.
Watch the double posts...

If you practice proper hand strength you can create different shades without having to switch between 2B, HB, 4B, and 6B. Hand strength is how tightly you hold the pencil or push down on the paper. Lighter lines require delicate strokes. That's the most important thing to teach and yet art teachers always seem to just skip it entirely.

Does anyone play Poker? I don't gamble but I love the aesthetics of it! The chips, the green felt table, and the card designs... ooooo aaaahhh!! pretty.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I prefer Solitaire or blackjack for cards, and slot machines or blackjack for gambling(if I ever actually gambled.)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

Box O Lions wrote:
jopencjusz wrote:

Watch the double posts...

If you practice proper hand strength you can create different shades without having to switch between 2B, HB, 4B, and 6B. Hand strength is how tightly you hold the pencil or push down on the paper. Lighter lines require delicate strokes. That's the most important thing to teach and yet art teachers always seem to just skip it entirely.

Does anyone play Poker? I don't gamble but I love the aesthetics of it! The chips, the green felt table, and the card designs... ooooo aaaahhh!! pretty.
Sometimes I must by naughty ;)

Well, I know about it, because actually I have only one type of pencils, so I don't have choice and I must get different shades from it :P I've got standard HB pencil and it's all what I've got :P This is one of the reasons why I don't try to put shades on my drawings :P

I don't play it, but poker as a game is quite interesting ;) But I must say, that I prefer texas holdem version than "classical" one.

ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Liar's Dice is pretty interesting too. It depends on my mood whether I'm good at poker or not (I prefer Texas Hold 'Em too, rather than 5 card stud) because I'll laugh and giggle if I have something good. But if I'm in a semi-serious mood I can play it down and lie adequately. Black Jack is soo fun! It's ironic that me and several kids younger than me play more poker than my friends that are my age. x3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Box O Lions wrote:It depends on my mood whether I'm good at poker or not because I'll laugh and giggle if I have something good.
that's why I laugh and giggle when I have something that isn't good. Change your baseline to match your reaction. the reverse poker face.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

And that's why I'm trying to not express any feelings while I'm playing ;) And I'm good at bluffing ;)

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I keep a smirk on my face regardless of what cards I have.
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Tha Housedog wrote:I keep a smirk on my face regardless of what cards I have.
Or better yet... keep a derp face on! XD hahahahaha

Hey guys what are the demensions for the banners?
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I don't know how it looks on this forum. I think that if you look in the thread about banners, most of them is made in the right size ;)

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Box O Lions wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:I keep a smirk on my face regardless of what cards I have.
Or better yet... keep a derp face on! XD hahahahaha

Hey guys what are the demensions for the banners?
I don't think there's an official standard, I just made up the size of mine.
Image Image
Bino

Post by Bino »

In Poker i can keep a straight face, in interesting banana i like to smirk everytime i lay something down
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey folks, I have AIM now. *points to the AIM button below his/her posts* Feel free to say hi!

Also, it asked for a gender, so I flipped a coin. I think there's no way to see it, but if there is, it's not necessarily my real gender.
Last edited by Sleet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Bino

Post by Bino »

I need to set myself up on some of these other means of communication...
Bino wrote:I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Bino wrote:I need to set myself up on some of these other means of communication...
They have a skype thread if you want to get our usernames. Is skype AIM or those two seperate programs?

DO you like my new banner? It's a wolf, but it's not any of you... it's just a wolf.
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

I've got only skype, on which I'm rather only sometimes and gadu-gadu - polish communicator ;P

Nice banner Box, I like it ;)
Last edited by jopencjusz on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

A wolf with a keyhole? Awsome.
Which reminds me. I need to upload that picture of Fox.
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Cwitt wrote:A wolf with a keyhole? Awsome.
Which reminds me. I need to upload that picture of Fox.
The keyhole is on Res too, it's just harder to see because it's only got the top of it showing.

You'll laugh one day when you find out how the keyhole ties into the character.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Box O Lions wrote:You'll laugh one day when you find out how the keyhole ties into the character.
As long as it has nothing to do with a certain Square Enix game...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

It seems I won't be getting any drawing done today. My parents decided to take me to the Dallas Car Show. Sorry, hun. :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housedog wrote:Sorry, hun. :(
It's alright. I forgive you.

*runs away laughing before (s)he's smacked*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Bino

Post by Bino »

Tha Housedog wrote:It seems I won't be getting any drawing done today. My parents decided to take me to the Dallas Car Show. Sorry, hun. :(
Son, i am disappoint.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

Tha Housedog wrote:It seems I won't be getting any drawing done today. My parents decided to take me to the Dallas Car Show. Sorry, hun. :(
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww D:
Sleet wrote:

*glares*
Last edited by sonic id furreh!!! on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

Sleet wrote:

I fear for the person who gets operated on by her. XD I'm just playing with you Sleet!
Bino

Post by Bino »

Box O Lions wrote:
Sleet wrote:

I fear for the person who gets operated on by her
I agree! IF Sleet becomes a surgeon, that is
sonic id furreh!!!

what if one of us got operated on by her >.>

oh my gawd! peepz! i found the best cough drops ever! e.o... they taste like peaches :3
Bino

Post by Bino »

Oooooh i want some sonic!!!!

And if i ever had to be operated on by him/her, i'd get sooooo nervous! He/she could get revenge on me for all the awful things i've done for the last few days!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Peach flavored cough drops?!?! Outragous!
I finally got my picture to upload.
PS: It stinks
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:what if one of us got operated on by her >.>

oh my gawd! peepz! i found the best cough drops ever! e.o... they taste like peaches :3
What brand is it?

I used to eat Ricola cough drops like candy.... I don't know if that was bad for me or not.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Bino wrote:Oooooh i want some sonic!!!!

And if i ever had to be operated on by him/her, i'd get sooooo nervous! He/she could get revenge on me for all the awful things i've done for the last few days!
that would be a breach of the Hippocratic oath.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

..That probably isn't really bad for you, Box. Although, a tad strange.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
sonic id furreh!!!

i eat most cough drop like candy :3.... well... only the ones that taste like candy or fruit
and they're Halls Refresh
Bino

Post by Bino »

Cwitt wrote:Peach flavored cough drops?!?! Outragous!
I finally got my picture to upload.
PS: It stinks
Dude it's awesome!!!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

sonic id furreh!!! wrote:
Sleet wrote:

*glares*
Sorry Sleet, it's possible that I don't swing that way. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

(And if you do you're taken.)