Housepets! Radio Show Is Closed

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Teh Brawler

Re: Housepets! Radio Show

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:
Zander wrote:Can i be the main sound effects person? i have over 15gb of sound effects and extensive adobe soundbooth/other program knowledge, i could make it like lackadaisy's! D: just give me a shot!
It's a date!
WHY MUST YOU CONSISTENTLY PROVE ME WRONG
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

this looks amazingly awesome. somebody post a post giving me a quick overveiw of what i need to know to get in on this so i can send in my auditions and possibly help write the stuffs.
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:this looks amazingly awesome. somebody post a post giving me a quick overveiw of what i need to know to get in on this so i can send in my auditions and possibly help write the stuffs.
That would be the first post on this thread. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Teh Brawler wrote:
SomebodyYouKnow wrote:this looks amazingly awesome. somebody post a post giving me a quick overveiw of what i need to know to get in on this so i can send in my auditions and possibly help write the stuffs.
i want specifics. SPEH-CIF-IKS!!!
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
i want specifics. SPEH-CIF-IKS!!!
Well, to get specifics, you're going to have to be specific on what you want specified.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

1 what is the audition submition process
2 how would one go about helping to write the script
3 how would one veiw the already written script?
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:1 what is the audition submition process
1 and 2 are both answered on the first post. Send your audition audio files and script submissions to either Ebly or myself, whether through email or PM. As for the third one, we don't actually have a written script yet.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Teh Brawler wrote:
SomebodyYouKnow wrote:1 what is the audition submition process
1 and 2 are both answered on the first post. Send your audition audio files and script submissions to either Ebly or myself, whether through email or PM. As for the third one, we don't actually have a written script yet.
3 i misunderstood the first post then.
bwah bwah
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Uh, the idea isn't exactly to go showing everyone the script. You'll know what the script is when you hear it in action!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

got it.
bwah bwah
Zander

Post by Zander »

I thought id take a wack at editing crappy mics (no offense) and makeing them better. heres what i came up with :

Edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=e ... 72ad52.mp3

non-edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=6 ... dab6d4.mp3

I just wanted yall guy's opinion on it. less editing? more editing? something different? Thanks.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:I thought id take a wack at editing crappy mics (no offense) and makeing them better. heres what i came up with :

Edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=e ... 72ad52.mp3

non-edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=6 ... dab6d4.mp3

I just wanted yall guy's opinion on it. less editing? more editing? something different? Thanks.
The taking out of the background noise was good. I'd go the extra step and try to clean up the voice sound, as well.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kazuo1G

Post by Kazuo1G »

I know about someone (two, actually) who has the perfect voice for Tarot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkdAQBht ... re=related (Sorry, I know it has some "Adult Swim" humor in it, but this is the best stuff I could find with one of the actresses in it, next to that creepy "Ignorance is Bliss" song with Princess Toadstool and Bowser...)

The actress who voices Elly (the girl with the thick glasses) might work. The only info I have on her is that one of her internet names is "Kagome".

But then again, the actress who voices June (The girl with the purple/burgundy hair) might work too (in fact, I think she might work better). I don't have any info on her though, and the wiki that used to have all that info got deleted...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kazuo1G wrote:I know about someone (two, actually) who has the perfect voice for Tarot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkdAQBht ... re=related (Sorry, I know it has some "Adult Swim" humor in it, but this is the best stuff I could find with one of the actresses in it, next to that creepy "Ignorance is Bliss" song with Princess Toadstool and Bowser...)

The actress who voices Elly (the girl with the thick glasses) might work. The only info I have on her is that one of her internet names is "Kagome".

But then again, the actress who voices June (The girl with the purple/burgundy hair) might work too (in fact, I think she might work better). I don't have any info on her though, and the wiki that used to have all that info got deleted...
Well, the first thing about that is, we've already got Tarot filled, though no auditions are truly final (a.k.a. you fit the part better than the current actor, you get the part), which renders that point null. The other, more pronounced, but still not terribly solid point I have, is that this is really a project amongst the forum members/fan-base of Housepets. It was really started for the fun of it, and I don't think it's really worth the trouble to go get more experienced actors when we already have so many talented people here on the forum.

I also don't really think she fits Tarot very well, but that's not terribly important at this point.

Though she could play Sasha
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Just thought I'd point you all in the direction of this topic; https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... ?f=2&t=925

Rick is apparently wanting to put strips up onto Youtube, but hardly anyone involved in this project seems to have posted so far. This might be the first step in getting the HousePets audio project really moving :p
Zander

Post by Zander »

sliceofdog wrote:Just thought I'd point you all in the direction of this topic; https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... ?f=2&t=925

Rick is apparently wanting to put strips up onto Youtube, but hardly anyone involved in this project seems to have posted so far. This might be the first step in getting the HousePets audio project really moving :p
I. posted in there.

theres a reason my names bolded in the first post of this thread.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well it would be helpful if vadiant and obbl found the time to actually record their lines
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Sorry for the delay! Microphone malfunctions meant I had to get another new headset, which wasn't really an option until I got home for the holiday weekend, tonight-- nearest electronics store was a faaar far walk away from school. x_X Should be set to go in short order, now!
RG; Seb & Dahlia
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

I. posted in there.
That's why I said hardly anyone :p

What I was referring to mostly was how strange I found it that so few voice actors invaded Rick's thread, but they're all so enthusiastic here (Not that I'm blaming them, I'm sure they simply haven't been on/had the time/etc. I just find it funny is all ^^)
Zander

Post by Zander »

sliceofdog wrote:
I. posted in there.
That's why I said hardly anyone :p

What I was referring to mostly was how strange I found it that so few voice actors invaded Rick's thread, but they're all so enthusiastic here (Not that I'm blaming them, I'm sure they simply haven't been on/had the time/etc. I just find it funny is all ^^)
Radio thread:
"Meh.. i'll guess i can try"
"Oh, i dont have a mic. oh well..."
"I think i sent you the recording...? right?"

Ricks thread:
"I want to help as much as i can"
"I'm going to go buy a mic"
"I sent you 15 recording of me"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Heh. To be fair, only two people have got enthusiastic so far (About taking part that is, others are enthusiastic about the project but haven't offered to contribute) and neither of those had posted in this thread. We have a lot of people here who have done multiple recordings, some of them wanting this project very much to take off, and those are the people I'm surprised haven't posted.

Anyhow, in the wake of your animated script getting a good reception, are you going to be trying another?
Zander

Post by Zander »

sliceofdog wrote:Heh. To be fair, only two people have got enthusiastic so far (About taking part that is, others are enthusiastic about the project but haven't offered to contribute) and neither of those had posted in this thread. We have a lot of people here who have done multiple recordings, some of them wanting this project very much to take off, and those are the people I'm surprised haven't posted.

Anyhow, in the wake of your animated script getting a good reception, are you going to be trying another?
Sure, you thinking about doing some more voices?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Zander wrote:
sliceofdog wrote:Heh. To be fair, only two people have got enthusiastic so far (About taking part that is, others are enthusiastic about the project but haven't offered to contribute) and neither of those had posted in this thread. We have a lot of people here who have done multiple recordings, some of them wanting this project very much to take off, and those are the people I'm surprised haven't posted.

Sure, you thinking about doing some more voices?
More voices for characters I've already done, yes.

More attempts at new characters, probably not. Maybe a couple more of the ferrets, but nothing past that.

Also, my recording get-up has changed now that I'm at Uni. I have very little time to do recording sessions on my laptop, and the quality will probably be lower. However, I do have access to the Drama Department's recording studio, which would provide professional quality. I just have to book it a week in advance, meaning I'd probably wait till I had a good deal of material to record XD
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well, I'm one of those people who are really enthusiastic about the project and, personally, I LOVE voice acting. But the only problem is, I have no computer skills, or editing skills, or bow hunting skills, or nun-chuck skills (girls only want boyfriends who have great skills). So yeah, I really want to project to take off, but I'm just not the person to ask to edit it all.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Ebly wrote:well it would be helpful if vadiant and obbl found the time to actually record their lines
GAH! Sorry! Got a bit discouraged early on trying to find the right balance of female-male for Grape, need to just sit down and work ;)

*Work Work Work*
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Obbl wrote:
Ebly wrote:well it would be helpful if vadiant and obbl found the time to actually record their lines
GAH! Sorry! Got a bit discouraged early on trying to find the right balance of female-male for Grape, need to just sit down and work ;)

*Work Work Work*
Um, how can you work if the script hasn't been written yet? :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, as it is, a lot of you have auditioned for parts and haven't gotten a response on that. Needless to say, Ebly and I have fallen behind. So, if you have auditioned and received no word on it, post here saying so, and we'll look to see where you are. Please don't resubmit your audition unless we ask you; it cuts down on the clutter. Thanks.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Me, though I did the generic demo tape thing rather than a specific audition. *shrugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yo, Ebly, Rick mentioned that he has Rita's voice (from Rita and Runt from Animaniacs) in his head for Grape.
Do you mind if I try to incorporate that in my Grape voice (aka: the voice I auditioned with won't sound quite the same as this new voice)?
Cause it'll actually be easier for me to work with a template (since I can hear Rita's voice on Youtube) and try to match the pitches and vowels.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Obbl wrote:

*Work Work Work*
Um, how can you work if the script hasn't been written yet? :P
you're so silly

he wrote the script :P

yes if rick said so, do that. his conception for the characters kind of supersedes ours since he made the comic and all
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well, I never did hear Ebly's reaction to my voices....

I went out for:
Rufus
Spo
Duke Milton
Marvin Arbelt
Pete (in Gryphon form)
King

I would certainly love a response for each, but an overall response is cool too :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

i sent teh brawler some crappy/embarasing auditions...
yeah.
bwah bwah
Zander

Post by Zander »

SomebodyYouKnow wrote:i sent teh brawler some crappy/embarasing auditions...
yeah.
everyone thinks there auditions are crappy/emberassing. for instance, i hate my own voice. its too low for my age and size... its.... off..

-Robert Louis Stevenson
valerio

Post by valerio »

Despite the fact that I hate my own voice, I tried two very important characters such as Fido and Spo in this strip.
Flaming will be redirected to the nearest fire extinguishers. Thank you for suffering. (also, this is my first time in absolute with this stuff...)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4646386/

And the next strip
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4646503/
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

valerio wrote:Despite the fact that I hate my own voice, I tried two very important characters such as Fido and Spo in this strip.
Flaming will be redirected to the nearest fire extinguishers. Thank you for suffering. (also, this is my first time in absolute with this stuff...)

And the next strip
As much as I'm excited that you're jumping on the band wagon, as I've said before, the only way that we can consider your audition is if you actually send it to Ebly or I. PM one of us for details.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

You know, Valerio, you're Fido actually reminds me of a Russian accent. You're vowels were very similar in many places.
Just found that amusing :D
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:You know, Valerio, you're Fido actually reminds me of a Russian accent. You're vowels were very similar in many places.
Just found that amusing :D
hehe, and to think that the last time I heard russian was in a movie, long ago...
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Dude Valerio, you and I have to do a duet piece with Fido and Spo! I do love your Fido voice, sounds pretty good. I've got a pretty high Spo voice to match the fact that his vocal chords are smaller.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:Despite the fact that I hate my own voice, I tried two very important characters such as Fido and Spo in this strip.

And the next strip
I like your Fido its good. Your Spo was not as high pitched as I personally picture him but Fido was good.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Challenger01 wrote:Dude Valerio, you and I have to do a duet piece with Fido and Spo! I do love your Fido voice, sounds pretty good. I've got a pretty high Spo voice to match the fact that his vocal chords are smaller.
I like this idea!
Tonight (my timezone) am gonna try more strips from this arc. I'll leave out Spo's voice to see what you can do. Deal?