Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Unusuallynamedperson

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Congratulations!!! As for jobs, I'm sure you'll get there somewhere.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy/Sorrow: Sleet's gender is no longer a mystery on this forum.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Unusuallynamedperson

:? Well thanks for that input Doug, now half of us will have nightmares for a month.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy/Sorrow: Sleet's gender is no longer a mystery on this forum.

Yeah, too many gender confusion I this forum.

(I admit that I didn't knew that Amazee Dayzee was a girl until last December :P )
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Unusuallynamedperson

I didn't at first either, and offended Buster, we should probably have something for that in the user control panel...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy/Sorrow: Sleet's gender is no longer a mystery on this forum.
Who said I'm male? I use both genders when referring to myself here, but if there's only one gendered term in a message, I just pick one or the other. I could have just as easily said "aunt."
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleet wrote:Joy: I'm an uncle!
YAYAYAYAY! I was wondering last week if they had the baby yet, and I was just about to Skype you to find out!

@Roarin, even if he may not see this: I wanted to transfer universities for three years but I had a plethora of people talk me out of it, suggesting that I change my major and not jump to anything too rash. I did in fact change my major into a interdisciplinary field with a concentration in business IT.
I've been pretty miserable at my school for the last three years (my grades have been good though!), and the final straw for me was this past November when I went to get into a pre-requisite class and they refused to let me into the course because I wasn't technically in that department (even though I had a Dean's approval).
They told me, with three semesters left in my bachelor's degree, to revise my plan of study and go find some other classes to take. I also register for classes super late (I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my financial aid), so by the time I found this out it was too late to transfer schools mid-year. But I'm still transferring after the spring semester is over with next month. :)

Moral of the story is, try changing your major if that will help, but if you think something smells fishy or you can't find anything you want to take, go ahead and transfer. Make sure you are aware of how this will affect your student loans and financial aid, and go for it if that is what you really want to do.

Sorrow: I'm super salty about this university.
Joy: I'm transferring to a community college in a much safer area, and I'm pursuing computer IT, networking, programming, and security.
Joy: I'm definitely going to finish my last year for my bachelor's degree (with a changed concentration to computer ethics), but I'm going to get the education I want before I seal the deal on my college career.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorta related to the previous post, I've been thinking of the same thing as well. At my current rate, I no longer have confidence in myself that I won't be able to continue my major without repeating any more classes. I talked to my mom about it, and I said that maybe I should transfer to another university. DLSU (the university I'm currently enrolled in) has waaay high standards, and if I somehow graduate with a degree in Accountancy, almost everyone who'd wanna hire me would have really high expectations of my performance, something I know I'm not capable of meeting. So, I thought of transferring to a university where I can comfortably meet their standards and at the same time pass with above average grades. My mom, however, suggested that I shift to another major instead like financing. It sounded like a good idea, and I would agree to do it too. A lot of the classes I've already taken can still be credited even with this different major. But the problem is still there. Even if I do good with a major in financing, expectations for me would be incredibly high given the reputation my university has. So, I've decided, with much regret but still determination, to transfer out of my current university. I realize this'll be a tough thing to go through. I'll still be taking Accountancy, but there's no guarantee all of the classes I've taken will still be credited. But I figured it's better than continuing at my current pace and keep getting delayed.

Whew, that was longer than expected. :?

Sorrow: I got sooo little sleep last night. I tried taking a nap earlier, but I had trouble doing so. Now my head's at a constant struggle of wanting to fall asleep, and wanting to stay awake. Gaaaahh
Another Sorrow: With our househelper gone, my mom's been doing the laundry in addition to having to watch over my little sister. It's hard seeing her work so much. I just hope she doesn't tire herself out.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorta related to the previous post, I've been thinking of the same thing as well. At my current rate, I no longer have confidence in myself that I won't be able to continue my major without repeating any more classes. I talked to my mom about it, and I said that maybe I should transfer to another university. DLSU (the university I'm currently enrolled in) has waaay high standards, and if I somehow graduate with a degree in Accountancy, almost everyone who'd wanna hire me would have really high expectations of my performance, something I know I'm not capable of meeting. So, I thought of transferring to a university where I can comfortably meet their standards and at the same time pass with above average grades. My mom, however, suggested that I shift to another major instead like financing. It sounded like a good idea, and I would agree to do it too. A lot of the classes I've already taken can still be credited even with this different major. But the problem is still there. Even if I do good with a major in financing, expectations for me would be incredibly high given the reputation my university has. So, I've decided, with much regret but still determination, to transfer out of my current university. I realize this'll be a tough thing to go through. I'll still be taking Accountancy, but there's no guarantee all of the classes I've taken will still be credited. But I figured it's better than continuing at my current pace and keep getting delayed.
I left computer science because freshmen were expected to come in with a high amount of knowledge in computer programming. For personal context, my high school was across the street from a cow pasture. The other university requirements (like engineering calculus, chemistry, and physics) were breaking me and my first semester GPA was a 2.45. I made a C- in my first programming class and I failed the second one (taught in a 125 person lecture hall style), but by that point I had been exploring classes outside of engineering so my GPA shot up to a 3.4 the next semester. My self-esteem was a train wreck until I left the engineering department and made the Dean's List my first semester out of engineering.

From what I have seen, even though it may be a good college, having a low GPA and not much else on your resume is not as good as going to a "mediocre" college with a high GPA that opens up opportunities to internships. It might be different with business-style majors, but I know engineers have a much harder time with situations like that. You should do what feels best to you. I don't know how your university system works, but I know North Carolina has a published list of courses that will transfer between different schools in the state. Maybe you can find something similar?

Joy: It's almost the weekend!
Sorrow: I have to start packing some things for moving at the end of April/early May. Removing command strips will be tons of fun.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorrow: since we started to some work in the house, the house feels a LOT smaller and uncomfortable. Also, in the place that were chairs, now there are beds, making some desks useless. That made me do less homework. Doesn't helps that this year the Malvina Inslands day's (2th April) and Workers day's (1th May) public holydays are absent since this year, the government didnt mind to move the holidays as usually was.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

In the end, when it comes to tertiary education, I say get input from others but make the decision by yourself and choose what you feel is right. Back in high school, IT-related jobs were seen as rubbish ( a very dangerous notion that top schools in this country tend to propagate), and I was geared for science or engineering-related jobs since I somewhat excel in science and maths. Then, when I found out that chemical engineering doesn't even strike my interest and I was struggling to even get by, my depression episode began. I wanted to bail out and try something else that I know I can succeed in like software engineering or pharmacy, but financial problems and pressure from my parents, relatives and even the professors at the university made that impossible. 7 years later, I failed despite my efforts. All I got are some credits, major depression and anxiety and a heaping load of student loan to pay back.

I am starting in another college 10 minutes from home in Occupational Safety and Health next month (a course that resonates well with me and I can use my engineering credits for it), and hopefully I would be able to excel in that and find a job and earn my living.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: I've been on the forum for an entire year now! But I feel like I've known you all for the longest time. Hoping to be on here another year!
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Congrats on your anniversary, Furryface! (Now that I think about it I just realized I missed my trianniversary... :< )

Joy: I remembered this place still exists! Hurrah, I'm not COMPLETELY off my rocker yet!

Joy: I resurrected my grades from the dead- in two weeks I went from having 4 F's to absolutely zero! I think. Hopefully.

Joy: Things worked out in the end with my ex- her new friends no longer make me anxious. Now they just anger me. A lot. OH MY DOG THEY MAKE ME SICK I consider it an improvement.

Sorrow: My Quest for Grades has had great cost- yet another guest week slips through my fingers, like pocket sand through the eyelids of an angered assailant.

Sorrow: My legs hurt. Chalk it to doing 4 hours of chores and then immediately walking across town afterwards, to a party where physical activity took place.

Sorrow: I can't consume as much soda as I'd like now. :(
If you want my number, it's #804080.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

Furryface18 wrote:Joy: I've been on the forum for an entire year now!
Congratulations Furryface!

Sorrow: My allergies have been super bad lately :?
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
Unusuallynamedperson

Furryface18 wrote:Joy: I've been on the forum for an entire year now! But I feel like I've known you all for the longest time. Hoping to be on here another year!
Gratz man!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Another medical school rejecting me... pretty much just one left that I might interview with...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Even the forum won't let me share my problems. I typed out everything that I have inside that's been bothering me, only for the site to log me out when I press submit and all that I typed then was gone. On the phone no less

Joy: In the end though, a night's sleep is all I needed to partially reset my mood. I feel kinda okay now, I guess?

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

:( If you ever wanna vent, feel free to send me a message, alright? I'm a good listener.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: I've been sick since last Wednesday morning. I'm almost over it now, but its been real stubbornly holding on.

Sort of Sorrow: My niece went to see Zootopia with my sister. Shes such a gossip that she was spoilering bits left right and centre while the immediate extended family was going to a good restaurant located an hour out from where we all live for my sister's birthday. Since I've been sick for the last week I postponed most non-vital events I was planning. I'm sorta feel bad for not cancelling going to the MTG prerelease for Shadows Over Innistaad, as during that time I was at my sickness. But kids will be kids and one can't really control when one gets sick. It also looks like wont be fully recovered for FNM tomorrow either.

Sorta Joy: Well I guess its not the worse flu I ever caught...It rates as the second worse one overall ever thro.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorry to here that man.

RAGE! My friends have been really agitating lately, and my brother even more so! I SWEAR I'LL WIND UP KILLING SOMEONE IF THINGS DONT START TURNING AROUND THIS WEEK!!!
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Joy: The Wings over South Texas Airshow is this weekend! Can't wait to see all of the performances.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote::( If you ever wanna vent, feel free to send me a message, alright? I'm a good listener.
I know you are, and I'd take up your offer and everyone else who had offered. Thing is, like a computer, a good night's sleep is generally a good cure-all for my distress, and my tribulations tend to sound trivial by the time I'm over it. Usually even venting on this page would help.

Sorrow: I'm beginning to accept the fact that I'm pretty much anti-social and hipster *shrug*

Joy: Gonna get ready to register for college next week. I'm kinda happy, I like being a student again xD

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorrow: Wada Koji, best known for his songs in the Digimon franchise, has passed away battling cancer at age 42... He will be missed dearly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4Pj0YCg2Y
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

My condolences to him and his family. Many Japanese people dying young lately in the news

Unusuallynamedperson

That's not exactly young, even so, may he rest in peace.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Finals this week...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

All the best, and go into the exam hall with the intention to succeed :3

Joy: Finally after 2 months on drought, it finally rained down heavily yesterday. It was heavenly

ShadowLightning

Joy/Sorrow: Soo... one exam done, now I just have to do the other later. I gotta say, I think I did pretty... okay. I mean, I probably didn't get a high grade, but I can confidently say I got at least 70% on the exam. Problem is, I need MORE than that. I'll assuredly pass the class, just not meet the grade requirement. And since I'm transferring to a different university next term, I don't think it'll matter much. Just wished I went out with a bang, hehe.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

That's good news, either way. Good on ya

Sorrow: I feel very lonely at the moment, but I don't have enough social energy to want to interact or talk with friends or even other people. I tried chatting with my gaming friends, but I find myself balking horribly from the idea and actually brought my online game character to an empty spot and mull alone. Stupid, I know.

Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy/sorrow: I finished season 4 of American Horror Story. I stayed up until 3 am on Sunday morning and I've fallen into the "show hole" which is like story withdrawal and I've been reminiscing about yesterday and I just don't know what to do with myself right now.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorrow, got the grade for my English paper, and because I've been sick it was a 78, not nearly as good as what I deserved, that was an eight page paper, so many points were taken for stupid reasons like context! Or that I misspelled one or two words...
ShadowLightning

Joy: Finals are done! :D

Can't really say how well I did. I'll just have to wait till they post the grades. Time to relax and have fun till then, hehe. :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Slight joy: My mum got a new phone for virtually free yesterday, and she gave her old phone to me. Though, she's not sure whether she actually wanted to keep using her new Samsung J5 or she wants her old Note 2 back. So atm, I'm temporarily taking care of her Note 2.

Possible joy?: If she decides to stick to the J5 and I get the Note 2, there's a possibility that I could use the Note as a cheap tablet to draw digital art on. Kinda excited about that

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Well, if she decides she wants the Note 2 back, you get a brand new phone, right? ;)
Unusuallynamedperson

Kitch wrote:Well, if she decides she wants the Note 2 back, you get a brand new phone, right? ;)
Yeah I think that's what Kuro meant, was that question rhetorical?
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: The heat is killing me. About 34 degrees Celsius today. Oh Doooooog, I hate summer.
Unusuallynamedperson

Yeah, that makes two of us...I'm finding some correlation between the hate of summer, and the members on this forum...weird right?

Joy, my earth science grad is a seventy three and passing again. I'm also passing all of my classes.

Joy, it's Friday, so maybe I'll be able to catch some sleep over the weekend and get other things done.

Sorrow, doing all that yesterday really exhausted me, and I probably still won't be able to do anything fun until I've reached an 80 in at least one of my grades.

Sorrow, I won't be able to respond to Rose for a while because of this, and I don't want her to worry about me, or think that I'm just ignoring her.

Sorrow, still being yelled at for previous drop in grades, and now I'm also being called lazy.
Joker364

Post by Joker364 »

Sorrow

The past five years of my life has been nothing but an emotional roller coaster dealing with marital problems and my own self worth. I ended up being admitted because I wouldn't talk to anyone during that time as I felt I would be a burden on them and kept saying I was fine.

Joy from that:

I met a lot of awesome people that were dealing with similar issues and learned that it's okay and I am slowly getting better ^^
Unusuallynamedperson

Well that's good to hear, that you're getting better.

I know the feeling...
Joker364

Post by Joker364 »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:Well that's good to hear, that you're getting better.

I know the feeling...

I know I'm new to the forums, but if you ever need someone to vent to feel free to message me :)