Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CanadianHero

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by CanadianHero »

I went to Russia for the summer :joy:

I went to Russia for the winter :sorrow:
Fox: Ah ignore Peanut fighting Bino, you want churro, no? King: Si!

Let's Dance! *falls to floor*
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

CanadianHero wrote:I went to Russia for the summer :joy:

I went to Russia for the winter :sorrow:
^ this :lol:

Joy: got today off from work, as well as Thursday and Friday. I got to work Saturday and then I'm off until next Saturday. :D going to Indiana to see family and also see the Spiderman midnight premier. Can't wait!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Big Sorrow: PC's power supply was defective, apparently. It died.

Big Joy: Still under warranty, so got a new one just like that!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Joy: Its finally cool enough to wear my sweatshirts again! :D

Sorrow: I am a slave to my style, but I love it!
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/

Post by 0404 »

not joy nor sorrow, it's just natural: it's around 70, too hot...
JOY:I got LA noire. for $5
hummmm,:I'm going to dye my hair to dark brown.
mehhhh:I really need new fursona avatar.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: My little cousin was a little hyped up on chocolate and was playing some racing game where he was driving the cop car.
This is my favorite line from him: I'm a saver. Not an abraver or a daver or a saver. Oh, no... I am a saver. :lol: Priceless.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Nick@nite is airing Kenan & Kel right now. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Kenan & Kel is awesome
Sorrow: Nick @ Nite keeps moving its threshold for "old" closer and closer.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorrow: fridge is dead, must buy a new one.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Blood vessel popping moment: I only wanted three games from CEX but no everything just has to go wrong for me. The first one they lied about. It clearly said they had between one and three in two different shops but they refused to let me add it to my basket.

The second they charged me for the purchase but it has mysteriously not arrived. I can only assume it has been eaten by the english postal service. Not the first time that has happened.

And the one that has got me the most riled up is the one that actually arrived. I proceeded to install it until the horrifying moment when the message comes up saying "your video card is too crap to play this game." I have had it with my computer. The video card was what postponed me playing tiberium wars for about a year and now it wants to mess my game playing up again! Must resist murder spree.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Joy: RedBubble just shipped my t-shirt order.

Sorrow: The washer machine is broken.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sorrow: Got pretty mad at my friend this morning (well, technically yesterday morning) about how lazy he is. I hate getting mad at people I'm close to, but I guess it's like that sometimes.
------------------

Post by 0404 »

@Wolfy, I'm sorry mate. I hope everything turns out well.

JOY?:I dyed my hair to dark brown. me iz not me. I sure look sooooo different. I look pretty smoother tho. 8-)
Joy: Sushi buffet FTW
Nahhh??nah?: talking to old elementary hood friend on phone is sure akward. She used to hangaround with me at playground but not anymore....
Joy: LA noire is so fun, thriller. It feels Like playing mature version of blues clues video game.

JOY!: I went to school undergraduate award ceremoni. I have recived Academic Excellence Award, and Subject award (power mechanics techology).
heeeeeya, Austin of texas university here I come.

Mod Edit: Please refrain from double-posting. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent post, please use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:Payday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joy:Mom's mastectomy was today and it apparently went well, she'll be home by tomorrow.
Joy:I'm done with work until after my study abroad
sorrow:packing
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Joy: Got my grades today, and I didn't fail a class.
Sorrow: They weren't good grades :? yah, I need to do better
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: Brave was awesome you guys.
Joy: two more days until my trip.
------------------

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Inali wrote:Joy: Brave was awesome you guys.
Joy: two more days until my trip.
Word of warning: DO NOT READ ANY REVIEWS OF BRAVE UNTIL YOU'VE SEEN IT! You'll cheat yourself out of the experience!
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Grey Wolverine

I take it this is from experience?
Joy: Going to a party tomorrow!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorrow: I've been having some problems with Yahoo! for three days now, has anyone else had this problem?

My link to the site (in addition to typing in the URL properly) redirects to what appears to be the site but the exact URL says "http://www.yahoo.com/?r196=1340943319" or something similar (the exact numbers change and sometimes it's "?&r" instead of "?r"). And I'm signed out.

However, everything else about the site appears to be completely normal: I've looked at the tell-tale signs of a phishing site on Yahoo! and this falls into none of those categories. It even still has my personal information intact on other pages, I'm just currently signed out of it--and that's always been the case. It even appears that I have e-mails I haven't looked at because I'm not signed in. Plus, I didn't click on any link in a dangerous e-mail or anything--literally I didn't do anything except click on the link in my toolbar and this happened, where it never has before.

Also, the sign-in page says "https://" like it's supposed to--as I said, the extra "code" or whatever at the end is literally the ONLY difference I'm seeing.

What's going on here? My brother said that it may be that the server's down and another server is being used temporarily until they fix it, and a friend online has said that it could be a case of clearing cookies. I'm a little paranoid when it comes to the Internet, so I don't know if it's okay to log in. I don't want anyone getting my password (that's literally all I would have to type in because my userID is already on the sign-in page, just like normal), but I also want to access my e-mails!

Help, please? :oops: :(
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My friends got married! My first wedding that wasn't family! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

@Chewy
If the site is yahoo.com (and is spelled correctly) it can't be any other site (unless someone hijacks the site which is unlikely).
The code at the end is a parameter that the site passes to itself (you may notice similar codes in these forums) (technically you can pass one yourself, but if the site doesn't know what to do with it nothing will happen :lol: ), so it's likely they are/were testing something (or maybe forgot to remove some test code before they put it on the site).
I'm not seeing it when I go, so it may have been removed by now.

Remember: only Yahoo! has the exact domain name "yahoo.com", just like Rick is the sole owner of housepetscomic.com
No one else can use that exact name for their site as long as they own it. ;)
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Joy: I'm finally getting an actual vacation! Going to see snow in the middle of summer :lol:
Yes!
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

Joy: my sister is over for the summer.
sorrow: Brain has been very self-deprecating lately. Stupid low self-esteem.
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Obbl wrote:@Chewy
If the site is yahoo.com (and is spelled correctly) it can't be any other site (unless someone hijacks the site which is unlikely).
The code at the end is a parameter that the site passes to itself (you may notice similar codes in these forums) (technically you can pass one yourself, but if the site doesn't know what to do with it nothing will happen :lol: ), so it's likely they are/were testing something (or maybe forgot to remove some test code before they put it on the site).
I'm not seeing it when I go, so it may have been removed by now.

Remember: only Yahoo! has the exact domain name "yahoo.com", just like Rick is the sole owner of housepetscomic.com
No one else can use that exact name for their site as long as they own it. ;)
Okay then--but that's strange that you're not seeing it because I still am. :(

But thanks! :)

EDIT: Deleted cookies, and it worked! :D The code is gone!
PF chars

--Phoenix

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: had some friends over today and we went swimming.
Sorrow: Ow, sunburn... Ow...
------------------

Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Joy: Homemade chicken parmesan, tasted so good and was so worth the effort.
Very very slight sorrow: Ate too much, but it was soooooo good. Makes the pain almost worth it.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: came out to my best friend, he was cool about it.
Sent from my conifer.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Minor sorrow: The internet for my phone stopped working last night.

Joy: It came back this morning.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: Spiderman. :D
------------------

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Guys, I feel like I need to apologize for some things. If anyone has been noticing that I've been acting... differently... and not in a good way... lately, they're very correct.

I've been dealing with a lot lately in my day-to-day life. I've been weeding out bad friendships with people who were never really my friend in the first place, and having to deal with that has been putting some stress on me. I feel like I'm going into my senior year of high school with only half of the friends I started with this summer.

My best friend has moved/gone off to college early and I feel like part of me is missing by not having the one person who was always there for me, always able to make me feel better, no matter what. This and losing other friendships is hurting a lot more than I've been caring to let on to most people.

I DID however, finally manage to purchase an iPhone! ... And then a week later, I stick a pot on my head and dance the chicken off from work! (Today, actually.) Always a nice way to start with a new (and higher) phone bill.

Although, on the bright side, I did manage to save up enough money to maintain my phone bill for the next five or six months. The only downside is that I will now be flat broke, constantly. :| But I've grown pretty used to that ever since I got my car last year. If my parents did not pay my car insurance, I would be up the creek without a paddle.

This is now the fourth job I have been released from. The first was due to the manager coming to some financial problems and had to close down the store, the second job conflicted with my school hours, the third I was unknowingly covering for someone on maternity leave. This job now decided that I was "too slow"- even though I managed to handle the entire floor by myself on Saturday, the busiest night of the week for waitressing- but I had a perfect attitude and work ethic, in their opinion.

Now it is the middle of the summer. I have no job or any chance of getting one, all except four of my friends are basically gone, and my boyfriend will be gone basically half this month on vacation and a leadership camp. To put it shortly, I'm now sitting at home every single day, stewing in what has turned into restlessness, manifesting anger, loneliness, and self-pity. I am a firm believer in not having self-pity, but it gets really hard to not succumb to that when you are constantly being told that you're not good enough by your parents and there is no way to get away from them, or no one else to talk to.

I am, however, trying to get this all to stop. I am not the type of person to lie down and be kicked over and over again, and I do not take emotional abuse for things that are not my fault. I will not let it get the best of me. I try to find new passions and I throw my spirits into them. Since job opportunities are not going to happen, and I don't have much money, I'm looking into volunteering opportunities close to my home. I have already asked my neighbor (a local florist) if he needs a volunteer, and I'm going to ask the local animal shelter and a church-run Good Will type of store if they'd like any help with things. Anything to curb my insomnia, to get out of bed early and not sleep until noon like a sloth, to create an outlet with all this stress, is what I'm seeking right now.

I am burning for the day I'm 18, when I can start applying to electronics stores and clothing stores- places where I would actually be a good fit for. Not to mention I can also begin college internships, most of which are paid in the career I am seeking (computer engineering).

I'm sorry for the wall of text, you guys, and I hate bothering people with problems of my own. I really, really do; I have more pride than I can swallow at times. But there's really only so much I can take and it's not like anyone here in my own life will listen to me right now. I seriously don't want any sympathy or pity, I just want someone to really listen to me.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

And listen I will.

You seem to be having a hard time, and you don't want us to give you any sympathy or pity.

At least you're turning this all into something good. Taking all of the free time you have now and using it to volunteer at least. It feels good to be busy, even if it's not something that you're getting paid for.

I know how you must feel right now, my job last summer never laid me off, but I always felt kind of in the way at times because everyone else there pretty much worked there year-round. It was kind of frustrating when they never called me back this year and I heard that they hired a bunch of new pizza makers. But now I'm doing a bunch of other work that I enjoy a lot more, and I won't have to even worry about getting money next year as I will hopefully be in the military by then.

I can see that you're thinking the same way with when you turn 18 and can actually get jobs that you like and even some collage internships (Paid collage internships). I'm glad to see that you haven't let everything get to you and you're still looking forward to the future.

If you ever feel that you nee someone to listen, don't be afraid to send me a PM. I'll be more than willing to listen to what you have to say.
This also goes for anyone else who feels like they need to talk to someone. I know what it feels like to want to have someone to listen to you, even for only a minute or two.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Beagle, this is the most encouraging thing I have seen this summer. Thank you for posting this.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm not one to be like, "Feel bad for me!" I grew up hearing the phrase, "Sucks to be you!" if I acted like that. I'm more of the type to say, "The world has been crapping in my cornflakes lately. Do you mind if I rant a little?" I've grown to hate hearing about people who fall down and don't get up, when they have a lot of opportunity to make changes for the better.

I'm basically doing what you did, Jeff: I'm trying to tough it out until my horizons widen. I only have about seven months left, thankfully. Also, that's what I heard about all my previous jobs that had laid me off or let me go for some reason. An ex-manager of mine hired one of my childhood friends who is border-line mentally inept, basically because she knew she could pay him under the table and for a lot less than what she paid me last summer (minimum wage).

And thank you all for being supportive, it means a whole awful lot. I'm doing all I can to make changes for the better right now, but it can be hard to swim against the current.

As another note, just to further explain why I've appeared to be crabby lately, I've been having some non-life-threatening health problems right now, such as heartburn, mild asthma attacks, finding out that my wisdom teeth need to be removed ASAP, along with some other things, so that's always fun. -_-
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: Watched some loony toons on TV. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen them.
Joy: Also watched some Tom and Jerry.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:I leave tomorrow for Amsterdam, I'm all packed and ready to go!
Sorrow:It's 100 degrees
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

JeffCvt wrote:Joy: Watched some loony toons on TV. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen them.
Joy: Also watched some Tom and Jerry.
Loony Toons never got old. I still watch them most mornings.

Joy: Just got back from an interesting drive to Iowa. My friend needed to get there so we made it a road trip. We listened to our metal CD's and the radio for 20 hours. I also showed her how to use a digital SLR camera.
Sorrow: She filled up the memory card on my camera taking pictures of everything so I only have pictures from half the trip. It was also near 110 degrees and my car AC sucks.
Joy: We stopped at white castle twice and a couple other places we talked about visiting before.
Sorrow: She'll be in Iowa for a while which means I have no one to hang with until whenever she gets back.
Joy: It's independence day, I'm stocked with firecrackers, and there's no drought here.

Post by 0404 »

JOY: Texas
Nuff said.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: my flight leaves today, I keep alternating between being a bundle of nervous energy and freaking out because I'm convinced that something is going to go horribly wrong
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Sorrow: According to the doctor, my Dad can't go walking around until he takes a look at his foot, so he is stuck in bed for a week
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

texascat018 wrote:JOY: Texas
Nuff said.
I feel kinda weird, but I laughed really hard at that.