Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Seth »

Joy:Had fun breaking a bunch of old computer moniters and appliances with a couple friends for our anit-valentines day celebration.

Sorrow:Gonna have to stay up late to finish my paper

Sorrow:Messed up my hand throwing things around, totally worth it though
:lol:
Attachments
401305_2352982564494_1848081647_1467738_351529659_n.jpg
401305_2352982564494_1848081647_1467738_351529659_n.jpg (29.65 KiB) Viewed 8763 times
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: I have a temporary job that I can probably start tomorrow and work until the other place gets back to me.
Sorrow: Nobody to enjoy valentines day with this year due to breaking up right before I moved.

Seth: I wish I could have helped out with that. xD
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Kitela wrote:Joy: I have a temporary job that I can probably start tomorrow and work until the other place gets back to me.
Sorrow: Nobody to enjoy valentines day with this year due to breaking up right before I moved.

Seth: I wish I could have helped out with that. xD
And that was only about half way through the "festivities" :lol:
Pretty crazy night, afterwards I enjoyed my last cigarette and got dinner, way better than any of that sappy valentines day carp.

I dont have anyone to enjoy it with either. But being single doesn't bug me the other 364 days of the year, why would it be different tonight?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Glad to hear you quit that habit! and yeah, I find myself to be a more functional person being single but I'm reminded that I lost a good relationship with someone not to long ago.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Yeah that's pretty rough. Oh well, at least you can enjoy the little perks that come with being single.

Sorrow: Apparently the counseling center has forgotten about me, I haven't got a response from them since I emailed them last friday.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

joy:Almost holiday time!
sorrow:my french test today went as badly as I thought it would
joy:the temperature has stabilised above freezing!
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Joy: I have friends I can talk to and a few I can rely on.
Sorrow: My female friend I was cuddling got a boyfriend so I no longer have anyone to cuddle with.

Joy: I'm still friends with her.
Sorrow: I want to go back to being cuddle friends with her.

Joy: I had prepared for this moment since she said she was interested in this guy.
Sorrow: Losing her as a cuddle friend hurt more than I thought it would. :/
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Seth wrote:Joy:Had fun breaking a bunch of old computer moniters and appliances with a couple friends for our anit-valentines day celebration.
That reminds me of the time I had an old dishwasher that didn't work and I brought it out to my I guess second cousin Ben's place, turns out that against two guys with rifles a dishwasher doesn't stand a chance, so if we are ever invaded by dishwashers I know I'll be safe.

Joy: last night got all three of the first Fallout games and I am now in the process of beating Fallout 1.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

lightwolf21 wrote:Joy: I have friends I can talk to and a few I can rely on.
Sorrow: My female friend I was cuddling got a boyfriend so I no longer have anyone to cuddle with.

Joy: I'm still friends with her.
Sorrow: I want to go back to being cuddle friends with her.

Joy: I had prepared for this moment since she said she was interested in this guy.
Sorrow: Losing her as a cuddle friend hurt more than I thought it would. :/
You can snuggle with someone without it being romantic. I'm sorry if she disagrees, but my friends don't revoke those privileges when they're dating someone. I didn't even become friends with one of them till she'd been dating some guy for more than a year.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Dissension wrote:You can snuggle with someone without it being romantic. I'm sorry if she disagrees, but my friends don't revoke those privileges when they're dating someone. I didn't even become friends with one of them till she'd been dating some guy for more than a year.
She doesn't share our views in this case. :/
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

JOY: 3 more days until I go to North Carolina!
SORROW: I have to resume my normal life when I get back...
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Ohh, you live in the North Cakalakies as well?
Joy: It is Thursday so now I got no school till Monday.
Sorrow: Got tons of tests next week it seems. Such hard ones as well. D;
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: It's almost the weekend

Sorrow:THere's no way I'm gonna get my homeworl done this weekend

Joy:I have better things to do than homework
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: What a bad idea to take this job! I have never been this overwhelmed in my life. :(
Joy: My other job should be calling me in any year now. Hopefully this one.
Sorrow: Going to be here a lot longer than I expected, probably the whole summer.
Sorrow: Sick again.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Sorrow: I keep having so many dreams, Where nice things happen, but I think to myself "This must be a dream, isn't it?" from within the dream. It happened twice. The second time, I thought It was real, But later I realized it wasn't. That sucks.

Sorrow: I feel as if my relationship with best friend is also slowly dying down. We're not communicating as much. It appears to happen with everyone.. They all just have to better things to do, and end up leaving me, disappearing. Recently, It's been happening even more over shorter time-frames. With about 3 people I knew. Fortunately.. He tells me otherwise, and so do some perceptions from myself and some reasoning. But my mind doesn't agree with itself. Oh well. I also feel a bit sad, Because even though he's been gone for a short period of time so far, it feels much longer.

Sorrow: Started working on a drawing(digital recreation from paper) last night, Worked on it earlier today too, But now that I look at it, I don't like it anymore. It just looks bad. This completely kills motivation to continue working on it. It really feels like quite a failure..

I usually include a joy to keep this even, But I can't think of one at the moment.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

ReCreate wrote:Sorrow: I keep having so many dreams, Where nice things happen, but I think to myself "This must be a dream, isn't it?" from within the dream. It happened twice. The second time, I thought It was real, But later I realized it wasn't. That sucks.
I almost had a lucid dream from that once. It's a bit creepy being conscious of dreaming while it's actually happening, especially if it's a nightmare. :?
Sorrow: I feel as if my relationship with best friend is also slowly dying down. We're not communicating as much. It appears to happen with everyone.. They all just have to better things to do, and end up leaving me, disappearing. Recently, It's been happening even more over shorter time-frames. With about 3 people I knew. Fortunately.. He tells me otherwise, and so do some perceptions from myself and some reasoning. But my mind doesn't agree with itself. Oh well. I also feel a bit sad, Because even though he's been gone for a short period of time so far, it feels much longer.
He's probably just busy or has a lot on his mind. I wouldn't worry.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Kitela wrote:
ReCreate wrote:Sorrow: I keep having so many dreams, Where nice things happen, but I think to myself "This must be a dream, isn't it?" from within the dream. It happened twice. The second time, I thought It was real, But later I realized it wasn't. That sucks.
I almost had a lucid dream from that once. It's a bit creepy being conscious of dreaming while it's actually happening, especially if it's a nightmare. :?
I tend to lucid dream a lot. I'm often aware that it's a dream. I found it to be fun, But often I can't spawn in things, because I feel that if I do, I will break the dream.
Well, No, I've directly consulted him on this, and it's simply, we don't have anything to talk about.
no longer active, sorry
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:Staying up late to do laundry/math homework
Joy:I need to get these done, so it'll be a huge load off my mind.
Joy:My Tyler the Creator shirt is coming in Monday!!!!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Seth wrote:Joy:Had fun breaking a bunch of old computer moniters and appliances with a couple friends for our anit-valentines day celebration.

Oh boy oh boy. That's a whole lot lead you could've exposed yourself to. I hope you covered up and stayed away while unprotected. These things can lead to various horrible forms of chronic and maybe acute poisoning. O_o
no longer active, sorry
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I'm usually a lot more conscious of dreams if I'm anxious and dreaming. Sometime I can prevent things from happening in a nightmare and become aware of time and perception. After that happens I for some reason regain vivid memory of previous dreams and nightmares when I wake up.
ReCreate wrote: Well, No, I've directly consulted him on this, and it's simply, we don't have anything to talk about.
Try some small-talk then, or if you know him IRL try and hang out.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ReCreate wrote:

Oh boy oh boy. That's a whole lot lead you could've exposed yourself to. I hope you covered up and stayed away while unprotected. These things can lead to various horrible forms of chronic and maybe acute poisoning. O_o
Covered up?
Protected?
what kind of person do you take me for!!!!???
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

ReCreate wrote:Sorrow: I feel as if my relationship with best friend is also slowly dying down. We're not communicating as much. It appears to happen with everyone.. They all just have to better things to do, and end up leaving me, disappearing. Recently, It's been happening even more over shorter time-frames. With about 3 people I knew. Fortunately.. He tells me otherwise, and so do some perceptions from myself and some reasoning. But my mind doesn't agree with itself. Oh well. I also feel a bit sad, Because even though he's been gone for a short period of time so far, it feels much longer.
A lot of folks who talk with me off the forums say I'm not communicative enough. I'm cool with silence and don't need constant conversation to keep me interested in someone. Maybe your friend is the same way?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

ReCreate wrote:
Kitela wrote:
ReCreate wrote:Sorrow: I feel as if my relationship with best friend is also slowly dying down. We're not communicating as much. It appears to happen with everyone.. They all just have to better things to do, and end up leaving me, disappearing. Recently, It's been happening even more over shorter time-frames. With about 3 people I knew. Fortunately.. He tells me otherwise, and so do some perceptions from myself and some reasoning. But my mind doesn't agree with itself. Oh well. I also feel a bit sad, Because even though he's been gone for a short period of time so far, it feels much longer.
Well, No, I've directly consulted him on this, and it's simply, we don't have anything to talk about.
Hmm. I have gone through this myself (a number of times, in fact), and it is always rather troubling. There is little that you can do; you can not force your friend's attentions, but nor would it be fair on you to be the only one putting the effort in to your friendship.
The only advice I can give you is try to spend time with your friend doing stuff you both enjoy, it doesn't truly matter what is it as long as you are both there and you are both having a good time. If your friend continues to show no interest in you then there is nothing more to be done, to chase would cause problems.
I could say, just as so many have said to me, "Try to make new friends" but if you are anything like me then that will be a difficult task. After all, there are just some people we can not get along with, and others may want different things in a friendship than what you might want.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:Played Fifa with my roommate instead of doing math homework last night

Joy:Forgot to set my alarm, still woke up in time to get to class (albeit without showering or changing out of my pajama pants)

Joy:I've been really on the ball with my various obligations for pledging at the frat

sorrow:Massively behind on my reading for my classes, probably won't catch up this weekend because I work

Joy:I'm gonna have the dorm to myself over spring break, Dorm parties galore!!!!!

Joy:Parents are going to be awesome and take me shopping for some nice clothes, which in retrospect I probably should have owned before coming to college but whatever.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: I think I'm experiencing signs of depression again. :(
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:My friend is coming home from the other side of the state this weekend and we're gonna hang out tonight.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: My neighbor was kind enough to give me some shoes that no longer fit her son. I only had one pair of shoes before.
Sorrow: I tried working this side job to get myself out of debt and just ended up spending more money.
Joy: If I stay here over the summer I may be able to bring my one of my good friends down here to stay with me! :3
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Sorrow: I think I'm experiencing signs of depression again. :(
Sorrow: I don't know how to help you. :(

I hope you can find and acquire what you need, I really do.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: Got to play dodgeball with friends today. Most fun I had in a while. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I love dodgeball!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Joys: its a 3 day weekend, got to play with friends, going to a monster truck show (not a big fan, but oh well family time is family time)
Sorrow:gotta catch up on homework
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I used to just watch that. Man, I had so much free time as a kit.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Everytime I encountered it; I always wished it was a game, or tried to predict where it was going to turn next.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

I had a game kinda similar to it as a kid, but I do remember that. I spent a long time watching it, and eventually learned that if you just hug the left or right side, you will always eventually reach the end.
McFly

Post by McFly »

Tiggy wrote:Joy: Nostalgia'd so hard.
I used to love watching that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tiggy wrote:Everytime I encountered it; I always wished it was a game, or tried to predict where it was going to turn next.
You and me both.
FlintTheSquirrel

That and the Pipes were my favorite.

Sorrow: Family is looking into getting me to work at Dominos. It is not that I do not want to work, nor that I do not want to work at Dominos, it is just that I am worried about a job in the first place. I have never had one, and am quite shy, and I am very prone to mess up.
Tiggy wrote:or tried to predict where it was going to turn next.
I am quite sure it always followed the left wall.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
Sorrow: Family is looking into getting me to work at Dominos. It is not that I do not want to work, nor that I do not want to work at Dominos, it is just that I am worried about a job in the first place. I have never had one, and am quite shy, and I am very prone to mess up.
Don't worry about it, the experience will help you loads in life. I'd consider myself really lucky if I could get a job at all anyway. Oh, and the extra money won't hurt~ :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I agree completely with Fortyfourrzeronmten. You're at an age where it's important to start working and making money for yourself. Not to mention you'll learn valuable life skills.

Also Domino's is delicious so you'll be helping bring deliciousness to people all over the place! ^_^