PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zander

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by Zander »

44R0NM10 wrote:I have to apologize there, Zander. I noticed your characters have only really had a full chat with pets that have left, and me. Your characters have interacted with Bolly's characters quite a lot as well. I must also mention Vadiant's character Seb, due to the 'dognapping' awhile ago. Unfortuneatly, no pets at the party so far can honestly say "I have talked to Bella in a full conversasion".

It felt like Vanilla was understanding of Bella though, and I'm sure something good will happen soon. For your characters to get attention, you'll need to do something differant though. Somehow, Awesome's shy personality got that, but it was whenever he left the party early that somebody always followed him.

If I had to suggest something, have Bella do something to deserve attention! Nothing that goes against CT's rules though. If not, maybe the roleplayers here will try something...like bring up conversation with your characters. I doubt they'd do that if Lucky and Bella were always stood togeather though...that's just oppinion, and thinking via real world situataions.

(Also, it'll make sense for Jack to not know Lucky. He's just got out of hospital, and I doubt he's talked fully to everyone new to him in the 2 week timeskip.)
But Bella isnt the type to do something like that though T_T.
Lucky is...
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

...your link to Bella sends you to Lucky, and vice versa.

Sorry, I should've known that from reading what had already been said. I guess...erm...I honestly don't know what to say. I'm not sure what Lucky would do, but as long is it ends happily...I guess it's okay.

My pets are going to the party...fashionably late, and uninvited ( :? well, they were sleeping...unless somebody notices them in the car). The owner always has an eye on the neighborhood...for some reason. Sly'll be more then happy to talk to your pets, so that can be arranged. That is, if nothing happens until then. HEck, he'll do it anyway. After all, he hasn't officially met them yet!
Zander

Post by Zander »

44R0NM10 wrote: After all, he hasn't officially met them yet!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 545#p50545
...your link to Bella sends you to Lucky, and vice versa.
crap.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

dang...how did I forget that? I'm really sorry, but the same applies! Sly didn't really learn anything about Bella and Lucky that time anyway.
Zander

Post by Zander »

What will we do with the party? >_> <_<

-Robert Louis Stevenson
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I guess party food won't be there, but there'll be music and games! There's a pool, and a trampoline (but you knew that). The answer would probably be assumed anyway. Only Jack know's exactly what's in the house after all.

(I don't think I should've answered this...but that goes against my creed.)
Zander

Post by Zander »

44R0NM10 wrote:I guess party food won't be there, but there'll be music and games! There's a pool, and a trampoline (but you knew that). The answer would probably be assumed anyway. Only Jack know's exactly what's in the house after all.

(I don't think I should've answered this...but that goes against my creed.)
Well what i was asking was i didnt know what you meant by that question. is it like 'What is going to be there" or "What are we going to do there" Or something else?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Jack

Post by Jack »

in the house there is Jack's very large and very extensive books, comics and mangas collection. in his room. in the den there is a collection of dnd, exalted and even wow rp books. there is a ps3 and a wii in there too (though Jacks doesn't like it the wii at all.) if anyone wants a funny little incident, they can make there characters stumble upon Jack's hidden plushie collection. thre are some decorative swords, (though Mr. Alter does not allow playing with them) a home movie thing and some other ordinary house stuff.

i don't mind if anyone makes up a few things in the house , but nothing too significant.

@ the game: i don't know about the thought talk thing, its your call.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
The Game

Post by The Game »

I was afraid you'd say that Jack -_-
well i think they should still be able to do it. Just cuz its fun :D
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. We kind of decided magic is here to stick, and Tarot-like magic is always ok. :D

It's up to the roleplayer if they want to use magic. I'm quite sure CT would prefer to know how big a part it plays beforehand though. I'm almost 100% sure he's ok with this though, after all...it's been happening for such a long time, everyone knows it's harmless.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

You are able to use magic, but you have to talk to me about what kind of magic, how you will use it, when you will use it and why you will use it. I will try to develop a system of magic that makes sense so there will be some limitations. Until then, ask me about magic, and don't plan on making any new magic systems. We currently have: Zappa and Jackson's magic books, Jack and Wonder's telepathy, and Liz and Morrigan's druidic magic. I think I remember Vanill having something, but I'm not sure what, I think I remember Chewy saying that he regretted doing that.

Anyways, so far all of the ideas for the party sound pretty good. But there would most likely be chocolate-free party foods, such as paydays, beef jerky, popcorn, chips, soda, etc. Also, I think it would be hilarious if Wonder stumbled upon Jack's plushie collection.

Also 44, magic has been known to cause a lot of mayhem, so I want to be very careful with it.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorry...9/10 of my answers have been either wrong or unclear.

I'm gonna stop acting like I'm giving correct answers...at least for awhile. Sure, I'll try to give answers...but expect somebody else to have a better answer.

I apologize beforehand for any false infomatuion I give. Normally I will mention if I'm not entirely sure on that matter however.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:sorry...9/10 of my answers have been either wrong or unclear.

I'm gonna stop acting like I'm giving correct answers...at least for awhile. Sure, I'll try to give answers...but expect somebody else to have a better answer.

I apologize beforehand for any false infomatuion I give. Normally I will mention if I'm not entirely sure on that matter however.
It's alright 44, don't worry too much about that. :)
Zander

Post by Zander »

My characters dont even know that magic exists. So this party would get weird if someone pulls out magic <_<

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zander wrote:My characters dont even know that magic exists. So this party would get weird if someone pulls out magic <_<
This is exhibit A as to why I don't want magic at the party. It will freak people out.
The Game

Post by The Game »

ctcmjh wrote:You are able to use magic, but you have to talk to me about what kind of magic, how you will use it, when you will use it and why you will use it. I will try to develop a system of magic that makes sense so there will be some limitations. Until then, ask me about magic, and don't plan on making any new magic systems. We currently have: Zappa and Jackson's magic books, Jack and Wonder's telepathy, and Liz and Morrigan's druidic magic. I think I remember Vanill having something, but I'm not sure what, I think I remember Chewy saying that he regretted doing that.

Anyways, so far all of the ideas for the party sound pretty good. But there would most likely be chocolate-free party foods, such as paydays, beef jerky, popcorn, chips, soda, etc. Also, I think it would be hilarious if Wonder stumbled upon Jack's plushie collection.

Also 44, magic has been known to cause a lot of mayhem, so I want to be very careful with it.
Thanks for clearong things up CT.
And i was thinking about having Wonder do that. I think it'd have the right amount of awkwardness to make it unbelievably funny :lol:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@Jack: What kinds of books does Jack have?
ctcmjh wrote:I think I remember Vanilla having something, but I'm not sure what, I think I remember Chewy saying that he regretted doing that.
What I regret is that Athlon bunnied Vanilla by giving her magic powers that I neither gave her in my bio nor wanted her to have.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Jack

Post by Jack »

ChewyChewy wrote:@Jack: What kinds of books does Jack have?
well, its a very wide array of books. it can start from something silly like "winnie the phoo" and end up in Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" or "The portrait of Dorian gray". it also contains a large amount of sci-fi and fantasy books. you can also find some biography's of famous people through history (nothing about famous people from today.). and though Jack doesn't put most of his interest in Greek mythology, he does enjoy knowing it and does have books about it. there are also a few psychology books there, but those are he's moms and he never actually read them, just went through them when he was bored. next to all of this is Jack's greatly beloved ad treasured comic and manga collection. he just loves those.

@wonder: Jack has a problem with sharing his emotions and revealing secrets to other people..... so making wonder find that plushie closet will be funny as heck! xD
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Jack wrote:
well, its a very wide array of books. it can start from something silly like "winnie the phoo" and end up in Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" or "The portrait of Dorian gray". it also contains a large amount of sci-fi and fantasy books. you can also find some biography's of famous people through history (nothing about famous people from today.). and though Jack doesn't put most of his interest in Greek mythology, he does enjoy knowing it and does have books about it. there are also a few psychology books there, but those are he's moms and he never actually read them, just went through them when he was bored. next to all of this is Jack's greatly beloved ad treasured comic and manga collection. he just loves those.

@wonder: Jack has a problem with sharing his emotions and revealing secrets to other people..... so making wonder find that plushie closet will be funny as heck! xD
Some of those sound like they might interest Vanilla....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Jack

Post by Jack »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Jack wrote:

Some of those sound like they might interest Vanilla....
*sigh* i have most of what i described there but not all of it. i wish i had it all in real life. i lack the greek mythology and i need more comics and mangas.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Hey everyone! I need to make a quick announcement. I am introducing a new rule into Radiant Gardens. It's not that big of a rule, but I think it will help a lot.

From now on, all posts must be at least three sentences, or have good content. I am the first and final judge of 'good content.' I will only send a PM about this if your post is below 3 sentences AND has no good content.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ctcmjh wrote:Hey everyone! I need to make a quick announcement. I am introducing a new rule into Radiant Gardens. It's not that big of a rule, but I think it will help a lot.

From now on, all posts must be at least three sentences, or have good content. I am the first and final judge of 'good content.' I will only send a PM about this if your post is below 3 sentences AND has no good content.
EDIT: This only effects all posts from here on out. Previous posts are unaffected by this rule.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I could easily ask a questions here, and that is: what about when you're controlling 2 or more pets at the same time? (3 lines of texts between them, or 3 lines of text each?)

Still, I'm glad to see this rule. :)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:I could easily ask a questions here, and that is: what about when you're controlling 2 or more pets at the same time? (3 lines of texts between them, or 3 lines of text each?)

3 each
Jack

Post by Jack »

ctcmjh wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:I could easily ask a questions here, and that is: what about when you're controlling 2 or more pets at the same time? (3 lines of texts between them, or 3 lines of text each?)

3 each
but what if sometimes three lines is too much, and you don't want your character to say that much. sometimes a single sentence is what describes a character best! what about then?
The Game

Post by The Game »

at first i thought it said posts have to be under 3 sentences. I reread it 3 times before i understood it xD
I think thats a good rule :P
Zander

Post by Zander »

ctcmjh wrote:Hey everyone! I need to make a quick announcement. I am introducing a new rule into Radiant Gardens. It's not that big of a rule, but I think it will help a lot.

I say this is a horrible way to regulate the content in posts.
on my screen (1920x1080), wrighting 3 lines would be like wrighting 6-7 lines on some other people's computers. Makeing it unfair for me.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Jack

Post by Jack »

Zander wrote:

I say this is a horrible way to regulate the content in posts.
on my screen (1920x1080), wrighting 3 lines would be like wrighting 6-7 lines on some other people's computers. Makeing it unfair for me.
another important point. i have a pretty wide screen as well.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What? :? He said three sentences, not three lines....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zander

Post by Zander »

ChewyChewy wrote:What? :? He said three sentences, not three lines....
oh. <_> i could have swore someone somewhere said lines...

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Obviously lines would be unfair, and a good GM wouldn't say that.

So, when does the party start and how will everyone know?
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Jack wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

3 each
but what if sometimes three lines is too much, and you don't want your character to say that much. sometimes a single sentence is what describes a character best! what about then?
Well, that's where the rule about me judging content comes in. If you only have a single sentence, but it's something like:
[quote="exampleman"]
Dude McMan looked at everyone, "Hey everyone, my name is Dude."[/quote]
That's fine, because Dude introduced himself, which is plenty.

However, this is not a good post:
[quote="examplelady"]Bob Bobson just stood there and listened.[/quote]
It's not a good post. He didn't do anything, besides what was assumed he was doing anyways.

Also, it is 3 sentences, not 3 lines.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ctcmjh wrote:
Jack wrote:
ctcmjh wrote: 3 each
Well, that's where the rule about me judging content comes in. If you only have a single sentence, but it's something like:
[quote="exampleman"]
Dude McMan looked at everyone, "Hey everyone, my name is Dude."
That's fine, because Dude introduced himself, which is plenty.

However, this is not a good post:
examplelady wrote:Bob Bobson just stood there and listened.
It's not a good post. He didn't do anything, besides what was assumed he was doing anyways.

Also, it is 3 sentences, not 3 lines.[/size][/quote]

Okay thats great and all but why are you writing in super huge text? Its not like it really freaking matters if its bigger or not, i still read every post. -.- and its starting to get annoying.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zander wrote:Okay thats great and all but why are you writing in super huge text? Its not like it really freaking matters if its bigger or not, i still read every post. -.- and its starting to get annoying.
I only write big when I'm making an announcement, or answering questions about an announcement. You don't need to mock me like this on the OOC to make your point. You could have PM'ed me about this.
Zander

Post by Zander »

I didnt mean it to be mocking. Sorry if you took it the wrong way >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

So, uhhhhh.....What's happened in the thread? Athlon told me there was a pool party.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Zack_the_husky wrote:So, uhhhhh.....What's happened in the thread? Athlon told me there was a pool party.
It's been decided upon in the RPG but hasn't started yet.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Zander wrote:I didnt mean it to be mocking. Sorry if you took it the wrong way >_>
Alright, and I apologize if I was mean. I was just in a bad mood when I posted it. It was wrong of me to take it out on you. *huggles Zander*
Zack_the_husky wrote:So, uhhhhh.....What's happened in the thread? Athlon told me there was a pool party.
Yes, Jack is going to have a pool party at his house. Max, Winter and Wonder are all going to help him plan it.
Jack

Post by Jack »

ctcmjh wrote:
Zander wrote:I didnt mean it to be mocking. Sorry if you took it the wrong way >_>
Alright, and I apologize if I was mean. I was just in a bad mood when I posted it. It was wrong of me to take it out on you. *huggles Zander*
Yes, Jack is going to have a pool party at his house. Max, Winter and Wonder are all going to help him plan it.
and bella!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Jack wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:
and bella!
*cries*
Maybe it would be best if i just quit :=(

-Robert Louis Stevenson