Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Esper wrote:Aldryd nodded gruffly down to Sara as he began to set out, "Yes, come on then, it's best if we get going before the sun starts to go down."
Sara nodded quietly , following Aldryd as they both headed toward the big gate
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right. And getting you into the cart is far easier than the reverse." Brum jokes. "So, in you get and hold on tight. We'll take it slow at first, just to make sure it holds." Hefting the handles, after a brief wiggle to loosen the hold of the mud, Brum manages to push the wheelbarrow across the lawn.
"Are you comfy? I hope those bumps aren't too jarring. Shall I try running? See if we can get some speed up?"

==========
"That's okay. That'll pass eventually. Do you think you got all the berries up or are there more still to come? You may yet need another dose of the remedy. You're rather quiet, Charles. Are you feeling okay?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Charles replied that he was OK, just worried about Peter and Biff and all his friends and everyone else and... He stamped his foot on the floor in irritation and hopped a couple of times.
"I hope I'm rid of them, Sister Evelyn," Peter groaned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If'n I say dim," Owain said, trying not to laugh as he hurtled over the grass, "y'd prob'ly take it as a ie ((yes)) any'ow so run on, bach!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Sara just followed Aldryd silently after that , as they headed toward the abbey's gate
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd led the way out into the open land surrounding the abbey, and then paused quietly about thirty yards out, "It may take some time to find what we need, Sara." he turned to gruff at the fox, "Do you mind being out past dark?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd led the way out into the open land surrounding the abbey, and then paused quietly about thirty yards out, "It may take some time to find what we need, Sara." he turned to gruff at the fox, "Do you mind being out past dark?"
"After dark....." Sara muttered , looking back at the tall wall behind them . The thought of being out in the dark was pretty worrisome to the vixen . After all , last time Sara did that , she was running for her life .
Just a little bit , it will be fine , it will be fine.... she told herself , taking in a deep breath
"n-no , not at all sir Aldryd" she replied "It would be faster than one beast working alone after all"
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Drake wrote: Calder blushed a little bit, though with his fur it might have been hard to see. Looking up in surprise and some confusion about the question, "Oh, um. Just a dream, the acorn talked, I guess I was saying something back."
"I've done that before." Aaron laughed. "So when do you think Owain will be here?"
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"As you command, milord!" Brum quickly accelerates the wheelbarrow until she's running full-pelt towards the gatehouse. There's a hair-raising moment as the barrow hits a pothole, nearly flinging its contents onto the lawn but Brum manages to recover her momentum and keep the barrow upright.
"Sorry about that bump. I forgot Foremole pulled out a bush from there last season so there's still a bit of a hole where the roots were."

Nearing the small building nestled by the great oaken gates, she digs in her heels and brings the barrow to a gentle stop by the door. Darting in and out, she passes Owain his bindle and sword and then heads for the forge at a more sedate pace, wary of the sharpened weapon now riding with her precious cargo. She arrives right in time to hear Aaron's question.
"Right about now, Aaron." she answers. "We brought you something too. How did the forging go, Calder?"

==========
Wayland allows the two creatures to leave, informing them that someone is in the gatehouse at all hours so they need only knock to be admitted to the abbey at the conclusion of their business before shutting and barring the doors behind them.

==========
Evelyn pours a cup of water from a pitcher on a stand and passes it to Peter.
"Here. Drink up. You need to replace those fluids and the water might help settle your stomach a bit." Sensing the Charles' frustration, she envelops the young mouse in a warm hug.
"Peter and Biff will be just fine, I promise. I wish I could say the same for the others. I can promise that Lord Brock and the hares and everyone here at Redwall will do all we can to find them though and I promise that we'll do everything possible to help you personally too. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now, Charles. I do know that you're very brave though, and strong too. You have the look of Martin the Warrior about you. I see it in your eyes. But you don't have to stay strong. We're all here to help you. If you need to let out your frustration or stress, that's okay. It might help clear your head. And if you need to cry, that's fine too." The hedgehog gently rubs the mouse's back in a comforting manner, alert to how he might react and willing to let him respond as he needs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain held on as Brum went pellmell, laughing almost despite himself even as they almost went for a flyer. He looked through the few items in the bindle for the coins and little treasures and his repair kit even as he made sure the sword didn't stick him anywhere important. "H'lo, fellas," he said in greeting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank... thank you, sister," Peter said, accepting the gift as Charles accepted the hug and, very carefully, hugged back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder paused in his conversation as the others came to the forgeBrum, Owain! Hey, hello! He shouted and jumped up and down Yes, most of the work is finished. I was just talking to Aaron here, and about to tell him I didn't know when you all would be by. Also I had a dream of a talking acorn, that was funny! Hi, what do you think Owain? He jumped over to his work, the metal work was lined up neatly and was all ready to be put together.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"So sir Aldryd ?" Sara called , having been following the otter "May I ask which plants we're looking for ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

With Brum's help, Owain extricated himself from the barrow. "Might need t' dyluniadau.. uh, d'sign a chair wi' wheels. Be easier t' get out of." He took himself to look over the work Caulder had done to appraise it. "Y'do good work, Cauld'r," he added, looking over the pieces. "Sword's in th' barrow if'n y' want t' practice onna blade, like."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

"Thank you sir Owain, I try my best to smith quality materials and tools." Calder took a look at the wheelbarrow, "Remind me again, what were we doing with the blade again, my mind tends to wander, being a squirrel and all".
RP Characters:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum clears her throat, pretending to be indignant as she aids Owain out of the wheelbarrow. "Not all squirrels have wandering minds you know, Calder. Just, probably, more than a few of us." she grins teasingly before turning back to the mouse.
"Oh, we did have one of those once. It was a long time ago though, in the time of Abbot Carrul. It belonged to a hare named Martha Braebuck. Remind me to tell you her story sometime. It's quite a good one. I've made it one of my goals to find out what happened to that chair after she finished with it though. I can't seem to find any mention of it in the records and nobeast seems to have seen it since. It must be around here somewhere though. So... What do all these parts do, Owain, Calder?" she queries, looking at the array of metal on the burned and battered bench.

==========
"You're welcome, Peter." This time Evelyn doesn't pull away from the hug, allowing the mouse to take as much time as he needs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Owain said, holding up a handle, "this'n goes at th' top've th' llethr... uh, rise? An you pull 'r push 'round inna circle t' bring th' trolley clos'r or let it down easy. Th'rope don' go syth... straight, tho'. Goes through these two," he added, patting the other two, identical, items. "One 'igh an one low. Mak's the load a lot light'r."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter laid back and tried to get a little sleep as Charles eventually released Evelyn and set about busying himself. "I'll have t makeyou a bell-ringer, Charles," Peter said. "You have the energy." Charles gave a short laugh at that but also smiled.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd spoke without looking back, "We need to find healthy red nightshades, baron's flax, and worm ward to make the proper pest killer." he said as the edges of his home forest started to come into view, "Worm ward grows near the roots of trees and the leaves look like the dead ones around it, so be careful when looking.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I see" Sara nodded , though knowing Aldryd wouldn't be able to see her , and started to look around as she following the otter , just in case there were some of those plants nearby"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain held up part of the appliance and examined it. "Aye," he said in contemplation, slipping into his nativetongue without thinking. "Gallaf clymu ddau rhaffau yn hyn a bydd yn hawdd cymryd y llwyth"

(("I can tie up two ropes in here and it can take the load easily."))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, like a block and tackle? I've read about them on ships but never actually seen them. Our moles are good at improvising things when they need to lift or move things. Moles are good like that. How will this fit with the ramp though? I mean, we'll still need room to walk up and down." Brum picks up one of the pulleys and soon replaces it on the table, surprised by the weight.
"Er... Sorry, Owain, I didn't understand that. You slipped back into the Marchland dialect."

==========
Evelyn checks on Biff again, noting that the hare is still soundly asleep, before making sure Charles doesn't touch anything he shouldn't. Soon there's a knock at the door and an older mouse, grey in colour with crow's feet by his eyes and long, drooping whiskers on his muzzle, enters the room, the spring in his step belying his age. This is Brother Jack, the abbey's only official bell-ringer since his partner had gone to the Dark Forest last season, and the mouse who's been training Peter in the art of campanology. Crossing to the bed he places a lilly in the vase on the bedside table.
"I heard you weren't too good, Peter, so I thought I'd come and cheer you up. How are you feeling?" he queries, seating himself on the bed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"S'ry," Owain said, "Was sayin' two ropes'd fit in 'ere. One a bi' long'r'n th' other so th' set don't need t' be too far out. I c'n work from this'un."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter did his best to sit up and just about managed it. "I'll be o...okay,sir," he said with a small shudder. He even managed a small smile. "So.. so much for my out..outdoor survival skill, yes, sir? But... You should not have troubled yourself with those stairs for me, Sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The sun had settled halfway down on the horizon by the time Aldryd and Sara reached the edge of the forest. The otter padded inside and beckoned Sara in after him. After some time in the woods, the otter knelt down next to a tree and sat his rucksack down on the ground, reaching in to pull out two unlit torches.

"Here," he said to Sara, handing over the torch, "We'll need thee soon, so hold onto that."

After that, he smiled crookedly and then turned his head down to search the leaf litter at the base of the tree
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. I see. So what of the barrow itself? What are you going to do with that?" queries the squirrel, leaning on the bench and facing the mouse.

==========
"Easy, easy. Don't trouble yourself with getting up for me." Brother Jack smiles before scowling at Peter's concern.
"Oi. I'm just as sprightly on the stairs as any dibbun - I just do it a bit more slowly!" he protests.
"But anyway, the reason I've come, well, one of the reasons - I did come to cheer you up too. The reason I've come is to give you this." The mouse produces a neatly folded sheet of parchment with a red wax seal on top and passes it to the vole.
"I was saving it to give to you last night but in all the excitement I forgot. Then I thought I'd give it to you in the Nameday Feast since that's coming up soon but then this happened so I thought I'd give it to you now to cheer you up and make you feel better. Go on. Open it." Brother Jack is fairly bouncing with excitement but manages to restrain himself so that he doesn't shake Peter up too much.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter fumbled as he pulled the parchment open and wondered why it seemed the entire room was watching him as he gripped the letter before it fell from the bed. This time he managed to open it and read the calligraphy haltingly, pausing at times to take breath. "On this day," he read before burping and pardoning himself, "it is confirmed that Peter Grayne, app...apprentice of Redwall has... completed his apprenticeship and..." He read the rest with greater quickness as a smile spread over his face, "I, may therefore, now undertake the oath to be recognised as a full brother of the abbey with all responsibilities and privileges associated with the rank!" He had tears in his eyes as he looked up. "It's s...signed by the Abbess," he added, seeming almost prouder of that than he was of the achievement as Charles congratulated him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"F'r tha' I'd need t' see th' pren.. uh.. timb'r an' what's t' cut it wi', M'cariad," Owain said, giving Brum the smile of someone now close to both his heart and his element. "I got th' planin' stuff and all needed for th' fine work but the rest'll be yer somewhere."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:The sun had settled halfway down on the horizon by the time Aldryd and Sara reached the edge of the forest. The otter padded inside and beckoned Sara in after him. After some time in the woods, the otter knelt down next to a tree and sat his rucksack down on the ground, reaching in to pull out two unlit torches.

"Here," he said to Sara, handing over the torch, "We'll need thee soon, so hold onto that."

After that, he smiled crookedly and then turned his head down to search the leaf litter at the base of the tree
holding the torches with both arms , Sara nodded quietly , following the otter , staying a little bit closer to him than she would like to admit , since the darkness was coming rather quickly
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Congratulations! You're out of your indentures! You're one of the best campanologists I've ever seen. If you want, the position of official co-bell-ringer for the abbey is yours. You're also welcome to take the oath and become an official member of our order. That's by no means essentail. The job is yours regardless, if you want it, that is. You can also choose to take on a student of your own when you feel ready." grins Brother Jack.

"Congratulations, Peter! That's fantastic news! I'm proud of you!"

==========
"Ah. Then we'll want to talk to Sister Juniper. She's our carpenter. She can be... Er... Let's just say her tongue and her will can be as strong as her arm..."

==========
Shortly after the otter and vixen leave the abbey, Trevor, James, Harriet, Bertie, and the young rabbit are admitted through the main gate. Harriet heads straight for the infirmary with the babe while the other three go in search of the Badger Lord.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of <urp> pardon, of course I'll... take the oath," Peter practically squeaked, the bed moving as he fidgeted with excitement as Charles added his voice of congratulations, "and t-thank you, sir!" He sniffed heavily. "As for a student, I have an idea, if Charles doesn't mind?"
Charles innocently responded that no, he didn't mind Peter having an idea in the slightest. Then he grinned and Peter laughed whilst coughing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some do say ne'er trust a Carp'nt'r who don' know bad words," Owain said with a smile as he accidentally caught sight of Brum's eyes again and got entranced for a moment.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"Sir Aldryd ?" Sara asked , picking up some of the herbs they needed "may I ask you something ?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd hoisted himself up from a kneeling position and turned to face the fox, torch in hand, "Uh, yes, Sara?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I think I can see what your idea is already. I'm sure you'll do fin with him! I'll give the abbess the good news that you want to take the oath and you stay here and focus on recuperating. I'll come up and check on you again later if you like. Meanwhile, I need to teach that substitute ringer a thing or two about timing." So saying, the mouse claps Charles on the shoulder and heads for the exit, standing politely aside to let Harriet enter with the babe before leaving. Evelyn listens intently to Harriet's story before gently taking the babe who has started crying again. She has a nurse fix Harriet a drink to help calm her nerves because the hare is visibly upset again now that the adrenaline has subsided. Meanwhile, after making sure the babe is healthy she fixes him a bath and gently cleans him off before providing him with a fresh nappy. Clean and dry, the babe settles somewhat, and after Evelyn feeds him with a herbal broth, falls contentedly asleep in the hedgehog's arms.

Rocking him gently as he sucks his paw in his sleep, Evelyn seats herself on the bed on Peter's other side along with Harriet.
"You did well today, dear. Look, he's sleeping peacefully now. You've saved his life." she encourages quietly. "I'm sory you had to see those awful things but try to put them from your mind and remember the good thing you've done here. He'll probably think of you as Auntie Harriet when he grows up." This comment makes Harriet giggle and feel a bit better.

~~~~
"Well, Juniper must be a great carpenter then!" Brum smiles back, not noticing Owain's infatuation in her amusement. Then she can't help but laugh as a group of hares stroll past outside, singing bawdily about their favourite meals.
"When chaps run to the table it's always me the winner! I'm fairly famished as a frog when I run into dinner! Oh, dinner, dinner! I fear I am much thinner! I lick at both my plate and paw then I yell out for more!" they sing before fading into the distance.
"Oh dear! Let's hope the cooks are making a good meal tonight! We can't have the hares wasting away!" she laughs. "Speaking of, the day is getting on. Shall we see if we can find Juniper before dinner or save that for tomorrow?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Aldryd hoisted himself up from a kneeling position and turned to face the fox, torch in hand, "Uh, yes, Sara?"
"erm , how have you come to know about these plants ? If you don't mind me asking of course"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Ah, it is no trouble." Aldryd said back to Sara, his gruff tone starting to soften away, "I am a farmer in these woods, so it is convenient for me to know what kinds of plants to use to help my crops grow."

The otter stood from his crouch and struck his torch on a rough tree to spark it alight, "Although, if I am honest, one of my brothers, an herbalist, told me about these things. Even drew me pictures in a book to help me remember." he said, smiling crookedly, "So I could find them even though I never learned how to read like he did."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:"Ah, it is no trouble." Aldryd said back to Sara, his gruff tone starting to soften away, "I am a farmer in these woods, so it is convenient for me to know what kinds of plants to use to help my crops grow."

The otter stood from his crouch and struck his torch on a rough tree to spark it alight, "Although, if I am honest, one of my brothers, an herbalist, told me about these things. Even drew me pictures in a book to help me remember." he said, smiling crookedly, "So I could find them even though I never learned how to read like he did."
"Oh I see" Sara nodded , somehow felt like she was a little more assured , just from the way the otter spoke just now
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Owain said, glancing skywards, "per'aps we'll see 'er a' th' meal, eh? Days gone quick, m'cariad. Mus' be th' comp'ny." He chuckled.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank y<urp>ou, sir," Peter said as his mentor headed out. He listened to the adventures of Harriet and knew her to be a hero. "Aww,"he said, watching the baby.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, good food good company and a task to do really do make time fly." Brum concurs. I think we can leave everything here. It's not going anywhere and we'll not get the wheelbarrow upstairs anyway. Do you want to put your bindle in your room before dinner?" Once again Brum offers Owain her shoulder as she turns towards the abbey.

==========
"Would you like to have a hold, Charles?" Evelyn asks quietly as Harriet, physically and emotionally drained has fallen asleep on the bed next to her. "I need to make my rounds again. He's a beautiful young rabbit, isn't he? I wonder what his name is... I'd offer you a hold too, Peter, but I think it's safest not to for the moment, just in case you need the bucket in a hurry."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Charles happily accepted charge of the little Dibbun and did his best not to look too frightening or frightened of the situation. He held her gently, rocking slightly.
"Smart, Sister Evelyn," Peter agreed, feeling a bucket was in his near future.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Prob'y bett'r," Owain said, accepting the help. "Who wan's t' see a bindle a' th' banquet table?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The sun now was barely peaking over the horizon and the torchlight cast gloomy shadows at the edges of it's radiance. Aldryd stopped next to an old tree and began to review all that he and Sara had collected

"We need to find more baron's flax or we won't have enough to make enough poultice to help the carrots," the crooked nosed otter said down to Sara, "I have a store of the flax dried in my cellar, let's go get that. It's dangerous in these woods past a certain hour too, come this way." he continued, taking a turn off deeper into the forest
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Calder's mind wandered off, worried about making sure something was not burning, he did a check and noticed the conversation moved away from him. He then noticed his mess."I think I will be here for a while everyone, it would be irresponsible to leave this place in the state it is in. I should clean it. Perhaps later I can rejoin you all?" Calder grabbed a broom near him, and began to sweep. The job may take the rest of the day, or it would if someone needed his assistance and needed something forged.
RP Characters:
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

It was a awhile untill finally finding the large badger lord, the two cloaked slid to the side as to show the rabbit and Bertie. The rabbit easily bowed at the sight of the Lord in some horror as to what would happen to him. Trevor stepped forward first slowly going over what passed at the village after so James showed another older feather and broken tools showing resistance to some enemy.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Drake wrote:Calder's mind wandered off, worried about making sure something was not burning, he did a check and noticed the conversation moved away from him. He then noticed his mess."I think I will be here for a while everyone, it would be irresponsible to leave this place in the state it is in. I should clean it. Perhaps later I can rejoin you all?" Calder grabbed a broom near him, and began to sweep. The job may take the rest of the day, or it would if someone needed his assistance and needed something forged.
"I'll help you clean up." Aaron offered.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:The sun now was barely peaking over the horizon and the torchlight cast gloomy shadows at the edges of it's radiance. Aldryd stopped next to an old tree and began to review all that he and Sara had collected

"We need to find more baron's flax or we won't have enough to make enough poultice to help the carrots," the crooked nosed otter said down to Sara, "I have a store of the flax dried in my cellar, let's go get that. It's dangerous in these woods past a certain hour too, come this way." he continued, taking a turn off deeper into the forest
Nodding in agreement , Sara followed Aldryd deeper into the woods , occasionally looking back to see if there was any sign of the sun over the horizon.