Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Redwall

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Brum correctly surmises that "gellyg" means pear.
"I've not seen Oren either, Owain." Politely declining the offer of the pear, she bends a picks a couple of succulent strawberries from the patch by the tree before straightening and allowing Owain to drape his arm over her again. She offers the mouse first pick of the berries in her paw before selecting one for herself.
"D'y often get t' walk out here, Brum? Owain asked, selecting the second best he saw to complement the Pear. "I Got to admit, I've nev'r been envious, like, of them that stayed put anywhere 'till now."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All Redwall creatures are free to come and go as they please. I've sat out here on many a summer's day reading records of our past or adding my own to our library." Brum pops a strawberry into her mouth, enjoying the soft sweetness.
"But why be envious? Why not join us? You'd be most welcome!"

==========
"A Raccoon... I think Brum might have mentioned reading something about your kind in our history books... Well, as a guest here, is there anything you'd like to see, Mr. Trevor, since Charles has no preference?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"well ive seen this place over too many times. but first should be the main hall. there is the tapestry that hangs showing a grand knight of old"trevor said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Esper wrote:"For the most part I simply grow my own food." Aldryd nodded, "Though, truth be told, I do work as a bodyguard from time."
"Bodyguard ? For whom ?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

What kind of job is that? Charles asks.
and why would you have a tapestry of the stars? I know their pretty, but we can just look up at the night sky to see them!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

"no its a tapestry that pictures a knight standing over an enemy. sir gawain i beleive was the name. youll see. As for my job i cant talk about it" Trevor said entering the main hall where the feast was being prepped
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

But the night stands over everyone, enemy or friend. Charles replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All Redwall creatures are free to come and go as they please. I've sat out here on many a summer's day reading records of our past or adding my own to our library." Brum pops a strawberry into her mouth, enjoying the soft sweetness.
"But why be envious? Why not join us? You'd be most welcome!"
"Hang me ffon up?" Owain wondered, watching the others of his species and others attend their duties before noting Brum's confused face. "Uh, me stick," he translated, "Place like this here? Plenty've them like me around, good sun, strong walls and pretty ladies...l'brarians 'elpin' me walk?" He nodded. "Figure might be an idea, aye."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Leaving the infirmary before Aldryd got there, Aaron wandered the Abbey grounds before falling asleep beneath a pear tree close to where Brumble and Owain are.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"A body guard to whomever cannot protect themselves." Aldryd chuckled, "The muscles aren't all for scaring off kids." he gestured widely to his form
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander left the infirmary and walked outside for a while. He then saw Brum and Owain. "Hello you two." he greeted.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Owain said, noting the young Shrew, "prynhawn da, Alexander. Good afternoon. You lookin' t'walk wi' us?" He looked at the snoozing Aaron. "Oop, need ta be dawel... quiet."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:"A body guard to whomever cannot protect themselves." Aldryd chuckled, "The muscles aren't all for scaring off kids." he gestured widely to his form
Sara gave the muscular otter a shy smile "I wish I could be brave like that"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Hang me ffon up?" Owain wondered, watching the others of his species and others attend their duties before noting Brum's confused face. "Uh, me stick," he translated, "Place like this here? Plenty've them like me around, good sun, strong walls and pretty ladies...l'brarians 'elpin' me walk?" He nodded. "Figure might be an idea, aye."
"I certainly think it would! But then I am rather biased." Brum laughs.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Owain said, noting the young Shrew, "prynhawn da, Alexander. Good afternoon. You lookin' t'walk wi' us?" He looked at the snoozing Aaron. "Oop, need ta be dawel... quiet."
"Hi! Oops... Hi! Let's walk over to the plum trees so we don't wake him." suggest Brum, nodding at the snoozing stoat.

~~~~
"The only knight in our tapestry is Martin, friend Trevor." points out Evelyn, slightly confused. She decides not to press Trevor about his job. Pulling a bag of hazelnuts from her pocket, she offers them to the mouse.
"I normally keep these for dibbuns who behave well in the infirmary but I think I can make an exception for today."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ev'n Plums," Owain chuckled. "Not seen this many ffrwythau... fruits since I left th' seidr growers'f the marches." He wondered if they'd heard of Cider so tried another name for it. "Y'might call it Apple beer here?" He glanced coyly at Brum as they sat under the Plum tree. "Bias'd, 'ey?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles took the hazelnut with a Thank you!, then popped it in his mouth. He winced slightly, not liking the flavor, so he swallowed it quickly. He then remembered the name Evelyn just mentioned.
My brother talks about Martin the Warrior a lot, but not as much as Martin's love. Charles remarked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Evelyn takes a nut for herself and offers the bag to Trevor.
"We too know of Laterose of Noonvale. We still have a rosebush outside our Great Hall that is descended from the very bush that was brought here as a gift from the one planted on Rose's grave. Brum can tel you much more of that story than I though."

==========
Brum giggles at the idea of Apple Beer. "No, we call it cider too, Owain. Our cellarhog assures me he has some fine barrels for tonight too. And yes, very biased. I was born and raised here so I'm bound to think highly of the place."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Ah, bravery can land you in quite a mess if you are too fool to know when to step down." Aldryd explained, smiling, "But there is a word for bravery with prudence, if I could only remember...."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"well.....but still , you could save someone for that bravery as well , yes ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hlaoroo wrote:Brum giggles at the idea of Apple Beer. "No, we call it cider too, Owain. Our cellarhog assures me he has some fine barrels for tonight too. And yes, very biased. I was born and raised here so I'm bound to think highly of the place."
"An the fact you think I c'n do honour t'the place is honour indeed, Brum, Owain confessed, feeling strength in the warmth of the day and the company. "An' I need t' watch m'self with the Cider. Las' time I had a bit too much an' woke 'anging from my feet inna castle dungeon. Fortunate I'm athletic and freed m'self. Wha' 'bout you, Alexander? Any tales t'tell?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

serence ice fox wrote:"well.....but still , you could save someone for that bravery as well , yes ?"
"I suppose you could, yes, but with any brave act come a risk." The otter scratched his crooked nose
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"None that either of you would be very interested in." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

trevor waved a hand in saying "no thanks" at the gesture of nuts. he adjusted charles before looking at the tables then the tapestry once more. "now where to?"trevor said.
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote: "I suppose you could, yes, but with any brave act come a risk." The otter scratched his crooked nose
"o-oh , I'm sorry sir if ....um....that remind you of something bad" Sara apologized , noticing the injury
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh, no!" Aldryd held up his palms, "No bad memories there, but I will admit that my nose became so crooked in my more foolish days.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

hypernovatic wrote:"None that either of you would be very interested in." Alexander said.
"Oh, y' c'n never tell, m'friend. Come, sit and tell us of y'self, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles hadn't been paying attention to the surroundings, but when Trevor adjusted him, Charles looked up at the tapestry.
That's Martin the Warrior? Charles asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Well, I did save a dibbun from drowning in the pond once." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sit a while an' tell, ffrind" Owain said, patting the ground near him, "Or jus' sit fer the shade, eh?" He looked to Brum for support. "Comp'ny's good, isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Alexander sat down next to Owain. "Well, the dibbun's name, from what I remember, was Gregor. He swam out to far. Luckily I was there. I didn't have that much trouble getting him out of the pond. And that's about it." Alexander said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:"Oh, no!" Aldryd held up his palms, "No bad memories there, but I will admit that my nose became so crooked in my more foolish days.
"well , I guess as they say , live and learn"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I remember that, Alexander." agrees Brum. "The abbess was going to hold a feast in your honour but you turned her down."

==========
"Aye, that's our Martin. And that rose there by his right footpaw symbolises the love of his life, Laterose of Noonvale, whom I'm sure you're familiar with. That's Martin's famous sword below the tapestry there." Evelyn moves closer to the tapestry as she talks.
"This tapestry is the heart and soul of our abbey. We come here when we want to talk to Martin, when we need guidance or someone to confide in. Even though he's long gone his spirit still resides here in each and every one of us."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, I'm not one for that much attention." Alexander said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hotep the psychic

"at my place i have a tapestry just like that for someone else. speaking of which charles if youd like a place to stay yojr welcome with me. i always have room and it should make you feel comfortable. maybe i can show you some tricks."trevor said. looking at charles then to evelyn.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

hypernovatic wrote:"Yeah, I'm not one for that much attention." Alexander said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.
"You'n me both, 'lex," Owain said, "D'spite my stories."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You mean you have more stories, Owain? Do tell us. I've always enjoyed a good story." encourages Brum eagerly.

~~~~
Evelyn looks between Charles and the raccoon.
"You'll always be welcome to stay here at Redwall too, Charles. Our door is always open to new friends and creatures in need. We have a school here too where you can learn to read and write and we have other creatures your age that you can spend time with. How old are you, anyway?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Indeed!" Aldryd chuckled deeply, eyes shut with mirth
Hotep the psychic

"old enough to shoot a bow and learn some outdoor skills. maybe a small sword or a dagger. i know james started like so. young and all"trevor said
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Anoth'r story?” Owain wondered. “Not one so easy as th' oth'r but that one where I got 'ung up by me traed... uh, feet, led intew wun've th' worst I've 'ad. It was Somewhere... west've 'ere but east've the cidermakers an' I woke upside down wi' a 'ead fit to bang like a drum.” He chuckled. “Then th' local lord came by. Seem'd 'e'd lost 'is Marchogion... uh... warriors ((knights)) an' someone was stealin' all th' local Dribbluns. No-one'd seen nothin' but th'e last 'ad been the son o' the local tracker an' 'e were able to lead me deep into the woods near a river. I figured th' only thing 'round was the old eglwys... um, buildin' o' worship? So's I go there that aft'rnoon an' look round. I'm seein' nothin' but I 'ave this... feelin', y'know? Somethin's not right. Makin' fit t' camp that evenin' and I sees smoke risin' from the ground by a small 'ill nearby. Turns out it's a chimney hidd'n in the bryn... uh, hill. I found a door.” Owain sighed. “I also found out th' Lord were a liar. 'E'd not lost 'is people, y'see? 'E were usin' them t' keep the miners he were usin'. The local Dribbluns. That night I were thinkin' of drawing m'blade wi'out wantin' t'put it back in unstained, I can tell you two. I were fortunate to avoid it that time. I 'adn't been seen, y'see? An', reckonin' the Dribbs were all locked in, they'd gone into one room t' get food. Someone 'locked' th' door with one've the carts they was using to get the stuff the Dribbs'd mined t' the river an' I work'd th' doors t' free the Dribbs.

We ran like the Diafol.. Uh, evil thing wi' 'orns... were aft'r us an' ran straight into th' Lord's other men. I fought an' cut 'em from three to two but I were losin'. Then th' tracker fell on 'em, sayin' 'e'd come back as I'd get lost at night!
” Owain chuckled. “'E were right, too! I left 'day after. They 'ad their Dribbs an' I were pretty sure I didn't need t'see what 'appened to th' lord, y'know? 'Appen he'd been coinin' it in from sellin' th' metal an' keeping on the good side by sendin' people t' find out what'd 'appened. I figure they'd use the money f'r summat good better than givin' it t'me so...” Owain shrugged. “They's good people. Sorry it weren't a bright tale like you were 'opin', Brum. There's other places I been where the river fair burns the throat it's so pure. Places where mountains rule th' sky an' villages ain't seen violence in more'n a century. I like them places more 'n th' others but they ain't 'alf borin' an' bad fer stories, Cariad.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Charles stared at the sword before answering.
Dad says I shouldn't play with weapons. My brother says I should learn as soon as I can pick up his sword. Charles replied. And my grandfather said that we'd be staying here, so... I think I'll stay here. A messenger from Noonvale is supposed to fly in some time to check on us... Charles said, staring at the sword. Hey! I can send for my brother to come down to help look for my grandfather! Charles shouted.