Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by MrNeonShot »

69eist wrote:Neonshot, that avatar is so cute, where did you view it?
I made it myself ^^
Rick provided the characters, I did everything else.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, all.

As some of you may know, my grandfather has been suffering from cancer for quite a while. I was told today that unfortunately he may only have a few days left to live. So if worst comes to worst and I have to vanish for a few days to deal with things (and it's seeming increasingly likely that that'll happen) then please bear with me and I'll get back as soon as I can. Esper and Brent will fill in my mod duties for me in that time, I'm sure, and everyone please feel free to move my characters as needed until I get back.

For now I'm still here and will post for myself but if I miss more than two days consecutively then it's safe to assume the worst and post for me until I say otherwise.

Thanks for your understanding and assistance in this difficult time.

Cheers,

Roo.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Hi, all.

As some of you may know, my grandfather has been suffering from cancer for quite a while. I was told today that unfortunately he may only have a few days left to live. So if worst comes to worst and I have to vanish for a few days to deal with things (and it's seeming increasingly likely that that'll happen) then please bear with me and I'll get back as soon as I can. Esper and Brent will fill in my mod duties for me in that time, I'm sure, and everyone please feel free to move my characters as needed until I get back.

For now I'm still here and will post for myself but if I miss more than two days consecutively then it's safe to assume the worst and post for me until I say otherwise.

Cheers,

Roo.
*hugs* I lost my father this year due to the same illness, and I know every bit of this terrible situation. I am with you all the way, and I pray that your spirit stays strong in these days and those that will follow.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Cheers,

Roo.
Best of wishes. My prayers are with you.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Have as much time as you need before his passing.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, all. Your support means a lot to me.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Cheers,

Roo.
Oi dang. What to say other than what everyone else has?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

OK, couple of things to say.

1. I hope he makes it, Mr. Hlaoroo. Give him my hope and deepest regards.

2. I shall not be here over the weekend. I have a full plate to deal with.

3. ...How many are with my RP?
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, all.
Still no news, so that's good news, I guess.

In other news, you only have a few hours left to vote for the new name for Pet Friendly RPs. Hurry and cast your vote before it's too late! If anyone suggests a new name at this late stage I will extend the voting period.

In other other news, RG is in desperate need of players. If it doesn't get more players in the next two days then it will be shut down so if you want to save that RP then get in now. Please remember to keep posting if you do sign up because otherwise the cycle will repeat itself and the RP will be shut down. If you're not interested in actually posting in that RP then don't bother signing up but if you do want to save it and have fun in it then get going before it's too late!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hotep , would it be enough if me and Valerio join ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Serence, with you and Val, that gets Hotep up to six players which is officially enough. :)

Attention Everyone!
The results are in and with 8 votes to 4 you voted to change the term "Pet Friendly" (PF) to "Housepets! Universe" (HPU)! This will become effective immediately and will affect all future PF/HPU RPs as well as the current ones whose names shall be changed shortly.

If anyone is particularly unhappy with this change or has a valid reason why it should not go ahead then please feel free to PM Brent or Esper with your concerns or appeal and we mods shall discuss it. You can, of course, PM me too but as I've said earlier I can't guarantee my availability at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who voted and as always, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve your experience here at Housepets!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

My grandfather passed away at 1am last night. :cry:
I'll be heading down with the family first thing tomorrow and I'll probably be away for the better part of the week. it may be longer; I don't know at this stage. So please bear with me and I'll be back when I can. Feel free to post for my characters in the meantime.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:My grandfather passed away at 1am last night. :cry:
I'll be heading down with the family first thing tomorrow and I'll probably be away for the better part of the week. it may be longer; I don't know at this stage. So please bear with me and I'll be back when I can. Feel free to post for my characters in the meantime.
My deepest condolescences. Now take all the time you need to deal with this event, and bear in your soul all the good things of that man. Remember his life, not his death. *hugs*
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

That's sad to hear... I'm sorry for your loss and I wish you and your family well and best wishes... And as Val said, take all the time you need -piles onto the hug-
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I poofed for a few days and I missed a lot :,(
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Roo.

In other news, I'm not sure if I'm interested in rp's anymore. Ever since I've been seriously studying the bible and finding out that channel frederator has a program for new and/or established animators, I've been really busy and have found that roleplaying is getting boring, and with the amount I'm in, it takes me awhile to catch up. So I'll be leaving the roleplaying forums for an unknown amount of time. I'd like to stay with Richmond Acres, but I don't think thats possible for me anymore. However, I'll still be around the forums, so if you need me, I'm still here.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

MrNeonShot wrote:In other news, I'm not sure if I'm interested in rp's anymore. Ever since I've been seriously studying the bible and finding out that channel frederator has a program for new and/or established animators, I've been really busy and have found that roleplaying is getting boring, and with the amount I'm in, it takes me awhile to catch up. So I'll be leaving the roleplaying forums for an unknown amount of time. I'd like to stay with Richmond Acres, but I don't think thats possible for me anymore. However, I'll still be around the forums, so if you need me, I'm still here.
Well, I'm going to miss you, even if I haven't roleplayed with you as long as others have. At least you've found something you like.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote: I poofed for a few days and I missed a lot :,(

In other news, I'm not sure if I'm interested in rp's anymore. Ever since I've been seriously studying the bible and finding out that channel frederator has a program for new and/or established animators, I've been really busy and have found that roleplaying is getting boring, and with the amount I'm in, it takes me awhile to catch up. So I'll be leaving the roleplaying forums for an unknown amount of time. I'd like to stay with Richmond Acres, but I don't think thats possible for me anymore. However, I'll still be around the forums, so if you need me, I'm still here.
awww , that's a shame that you're leaving , but at least you found something you like , so see you around Neon , and hope that you will one day be back here with us
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aw, I'm real sorry to see you leave, Neon
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

thanks for understanding, guys ^^
Roleplaying has helped my a bit with story building, so this has been a great help and a great experience!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

I'm sorry to see you go Neon, but its awesome to know that you'll be pursuing stuff that you love to do! Good luck and hope to see you around sometime again, even if its not in the RP Section! ^w^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hla, I doubt you need any words from me because it has all been said so much better by the others and it's their feelings and offerings to you that I share.

Neon? See ya around, bud.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorry to see you go, Neon, but I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

and if the thing with Channel Frederator works out, remember some of your old friends here can help with voice work ;)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

*Does spit take*
N-neon don't go, we'll miss you. We really like you.
*sigh*
I can't convince you to stay, and it would be wrong for me to try. Just don't leave us completely, okay?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I am staying on the forums, but the rp forums are just going to be out of my to do list.

I might need some voice actors for an animation I'd like to try, but the Simon and Freddy one has to be finished :p

Oh, one more thing... Channel Frederator Network claimed to have no requirements, but when I went to check it out, it said I had to be at least 18 years old
Basketballs... Now I gotta wait 2 more years before I can sign up.
Well, at least it gives me time to practice animating ^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

MrNeonShot wrote:
I poofed for a few days and I missed a lot :,(

Aw hell.

Well good luck in whatever you'll do! You'll be missed!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm back, everyone. Thanks all for your support and kind words. It's really meant a lot to me.

Sorry to hear you're going, Neon. Thanks for your contribution to the RPs. We'll certainly miss you. I'll be in touch to sort out your GMships.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:I'm back, everyone. Thanks all for your support and kind words. It's really meant a lot to me.

Sorry to hear you're going, Neon. Thanks for your contribution to the RPs. We'll certainly miss you. I'll be in touch to sort out your GMships.
YAY! Glad to see you back. i hope you're doing fine. Given the circumstances
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

So, this week is going to be busy for me, it's Christmas week so that means in the retail world that we don't stop. I Won't be around much. But will try and manage rp's as much as I can.
Hlaoroo wrote:I'm back, everyone. Thanks all for your support and kind words. It's really meant a lot to me.

Welcome back
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hey everyone, you know the drill. It's the holidays, I'm with family, I might have trouble posting, blah blah blah. But rest assured. When I am ready and able to post, I WILL post. Once I've opened all my presents of course.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@Hlaoroo Just seen this and late but welcome back!

GAH! Is anyone else still having problems with the forums? To get on to the forums, I have to click into them two or three times, then I find myself logged out, and having to log back in. THEN when posting, because it's taking the form a minute or more to post, I click the submit post button again, and it posts.

So I'm getting very long page load, and long and delayed post times.

Anyone else getting this?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:@Hlaoroo Just seen this and late but welcome back!

GAH! Is anyone else still having problems with the forums? To get on to the forums, I have to click into them two or three times, then I find myself logged out, and having to log back in. THEN when posting, because it's taking the form a minute or more to post, I click the submit post button again, and it posts.

I sort of have this problem too , but it's not that often though
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

serence ice fox wrote:

Indeed. Five hundred time better than that time, though. Mostly it takes a second load only.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:

Indeed. Five hundred time better than that time, though. Mostly it takes a second load only.
Yeah, it's happening to me a lot too.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yeah I've had that problem quite a lot. I thought it was just some way my internet was acting with the website, but now that seems unlikely.
Lintharix

Post by Lintharix »

ello i am new in this rp thing and what is it and what is the purpose and how do you do it thanks
YES I KNOW I SAID I PLAY IN A ROLEPLAY SA-MP SERVER BUT NOT THIS WAY. IT'S A DIFFERENT KIND OF RP
A doctor would tell me to cheer up, since I'm a bit depressive. ¿What do I think? I don't need that #&@%, I have been under heavy stress for 5 years, I'M SUPPOSED TO REACT LIKE THIS.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks all for leting us know of your connectivity issues. I've let Diss and Rick know so they'll look into it as soon as they're able.

May I suggest though that reports of forum issues be put into this thread in future so that we can leave the main OOC for RP stuff? Cheers. :)
Lintharix wrote:ello i am new in this rp thing and what is it and what is the purpose and how do you do it thanks
Hi, Linth! Welcome to the RP forums!
May I suggest that you read the first three posts in this thread? It explains everything you need to know about our style of RP. To sum up though, the basic idea of our RPs is to create a character, usually a pet in Housepets! style, and have them interact with other characters to have adventures, mischief and fun. :) There's a complete list of all our RPs as well as information on how to make a character and the general RP rules at the other end of the above link. Once you've read those posts, if you've any more questions or if you need anything else clarified then please don't hesitate to ask. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

ThatOneGirl

Post by ThatOneGirl »

This is so cool but intimidating and flustering... sinve I joined the fandom a frw weeks ago.... mehhhh...im new to the whole furry thing so yeah roleplaying will be alittle difficult to pick up but I feel like it is something I will enjoy
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

ThatOneGirl wrote:This is so cool but intimidating and flustering... sinve I joined the fandom a frw weeks ago.... mehhhh...im new to the whole furry thing so yeah roleplaying will be alittle difficult to pick up but I feel like it is something I will enjoy
we hope you will enjoy it too :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome, ThatOneGirl!

I'm sure you'll fit right in here and you'll have a lot of fun! :D Would you believe that 18 months ago I wasn't furry and I'd never roleplayed? Now here I am, not only moderating the RPs and feeling very welcome in the community but also thoroughly enjoying being a part of the furry community with my very own fursona! :) I can't promise that you'll get to be a mod but I can promise that you'll have heaps of fun here and that being new to the fandom is certainly no obstacle to that. :)

Make sure to read the first three posts in this thread to get an idea of what our RPs are all about and if we mods can be of any assistance either here or anywhere else on the forums or if you just feel like a chat then feel free to drop us a line any time. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Welcome aboard, TOG.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie