2016/11/21 - What Am I Psychic

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2016/11/21 - What Am I Psychic

Post by D-Rock »

[2016/11/21 What Am I Psychic ]
Title Text: IS MAGIC(K) REAL? DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANGERING MALICIOUS FA(E)RIES?! THAT'S WHAT I COME TO YOU FOR

Sucks when an overly complicated subject like mind control is a lot more complicated than you think, right?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: 2016/11/21 - What Am I Psychic

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Fox, what on Earth do you think locking a door is gonna do to protect you? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You know what I just realized ? Fox and Sabrina are in the same house together... Ha

We'll see if that will affect somehow
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I'm kind of expecting some Jurassic Park thing where you see a glass of water shaking as Mungo grows closer.

Then again, I suppose that joke has beed done enough times.
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

I feel bad for Fox! Not only might he fail his biggest case yet, but he could end up in jail! Or worse: end up flattened by Mungo!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I wonder what Peanut thinks of all this? :lol:
Dragonglare

Post by Dragonglare »

We're finally going to get to the bottom of what's going on with Sasha! As soon as Fox can figure out how to explain this to Tarot. =P

The K and the E in parenthesis. Are those just humorous alternate spellings of the words? Or could they be... the initials of who is controlling Sasha's mind?! ...Quick, what's Karishad's last name?!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gbr23 wrote:You know what I just realized ? Fox and Sabrina are in the same house together... Ha

We'll see if that will affect somehow
I was wondering that, too. Must be awkward to be in the same room with the girlfriend of someone you're disillusioned with.
Dragonglare wrote:We're finally going to get to the bottom of what's going on with Sasha! As soon as Fox can figure out how to explain this to Tarot. =P

The K and the E in parenthesis. Are those just humorous alternate spellings of the words? Or could they be... the initials of who is controlling Sasha's mind?! ...Quick, what's Karishad's last name?!
The K and E are actual alternate spellings of the words. They're used to differentiate specifics. "Magick" is mainly archaic, and is commonly used to show a difference between "rituals" and "stage magic."
"Faerie" is another way to spell "fairy" for the most part.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh this is going to be interesting. Hopefully Tarot can figure this out before Mungo arrives or else everything is just going to get a heck of a lot worse.
Dragonglare

Post by Dragonglare »

D-Rock wrote:.
Dragonglare wrote:We're finally going to get to the bottom of what's going on with Sasha! As soon as Fox can figure out how to explain this to Tarot. =P

The K and E are actual alternate spellings of the words. They're used to differentiate specifics. "Magick" is mainly archaic, and is commonly used to show a difference between "rituals" and "stage magic."
"Faerie" is another way to spell "fairy" for the most part.
I know, I was just being silly. Thanks though. =P
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I’m not crazy, Tarot,
I thought you should know.
My girlfr.. my friend may have almost killed someone but she knows more than she ever has, her personality’s off and she doesn’t know my name and...
Why are you looking at me that way?
I’m putting my job on the line,
if Mungo gets us, we’ll do time
Coz he’s a he-dog who busts through walls, lifts cars, carries out forensic analysis’s, acts as a certified therapist, spent most of the day trapped in a tree and...
Why are you backing away?
Tarot, I need your help,
and it’s best away from prying eyes
which is why I’m locking the door to keep Mungo out because he’s coming this way fast and, even though he’s mad we’re escaping he might not plow through the wall and...
Peanut, Sabrina. How’s it going, guys?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

That door is not long for this world. Seriously Fox, you could have saved some imminent property damage by just Leaving. It. Open.

Love how Fox gets into Tarot's personal space in that third frame. Really shows how panicked the poor guy is. *Nose boop.*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Fox does seem a might on edge today. Can't imagine why :P
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

anhedral wrote:That door is not long for this world. Seriously Fox, you could have saved some imminent property damage by just Leaving. It. Open.

Love how Fox gets into Tarot's personal space in that third frame. Really shows how panicked the poor guy is. *Nose boop.*
Mungo can't get in without a warrant. IF he does just run down the door like some WW2-esc T-34 tank, he'd in turn have to pay for the damages and also well, possibility of losing his job, and also a short sentence.. I think the only time you can go in without a warrant is when the suspect who fled into a house is either the suspect's own house, or if he is armed when he ran into another person's house.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Next comic gilligan cuts to them all in jail, with fox saying "...Guess not." :3

I'm ready to see the grand reveal at the end of this arc... but I'm wondering if Tarot will discover something else entirely different about Sasha? I still don't buy the mind control thing, but I wonder if Tarot learns something much different about Sasha than Fox (and us) realized.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Frank

Post by Frank »

"Well, I can scry her, but it'll take 15 to 20 minu--"
"WE DON'T HAVE THAT LONG!!!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

Frank wrote:"Well, I can scry her, but it'll take 15 to 20 minu--"
"WE DON'T HAVE THAT LONG!!!"
LOL -- "and I only have one spell slot left so THAT'S IT"

I believe Fido is in this house/plot (hanging out, probably watching Cops or something) and he's going to conflict with/talk down Mungo/save FOX/SOMETHING GUNNA HAPPEN. Why else have the third strip in this arc address the Fox/Fido conflict and Fox's struggle with his relationship with Sabrina? I hope they reconcile somehow.

You guys, wouldn't it be crazy if Sasha is actually Kitsune's avatar? Or a dragon? :mrgreen:

I mean I watch Critical Role. So now, I think it's possible for any character in any fictional work to be a dragon at all times.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

guru4567 wrote:You guys, wouldn't it be crazy if Sasha is actually Kitsune's avatar?
I thought it was established that, in Universes & Unrealities, the Game Master has no followers or avatar. The GM is a referee, not a player.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

Naro Rivers wrote:
guru4567 wrote:You guys, wouldn't it be crazy if Sasha is actually Kitsune's avatar?
I thought it was established that, in Universes & Unrealities, the Game Master has no followers or avatar. The GM is a referee, not a player.
That cosmic game is finished, but the game world persists. What if Sasha's an NPC he's controlling? If you're playing D&D or U&U, the GM can be anyone (you just have to ask before overriding their brain). I keep going back to the fact that she's "Protected". Who is protecting her, and will that come to play here?
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

guru4567 wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:
That cosmic game is finished, but the game world persists. What if Sasha's an NPC he's controlling? If you're playing D&D or U&U, the GM can be anyone (you just have to ask before overriding their brain). I keep going back to the fact that she's "Protected". Who is protecting her, and will that come to play here?
Now that the game is over, though, Kitsune's role as a participant has ended as well. What possible reason could he have to continue to manipulate the world? His original motivation was to teach Pete and Dragon a lesson and, while he certainly seems interested in this world, he doesn't seem the type to micromanage.

HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Don't worry Fox. Tarot the psychic and Sabrina the psychologist has got the situation under control. maybe
We also have Peanut the therapy dog to keep things calm. :lol:
Last edited by HellishK9 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Well, Fox, close the door probably won't block Mungo, but at least you can hide yourself from him. ;) Come on Tarot, just take a look at Sasha and use what's remained of your psychic powers (you still have some, right? :P) to see what's wrong with her... Ah, and Sabrina can help you. :) Yeah, you don't know, but calm down Fox, there can always be a chance that your hypotheses are wrong... :roll:
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

FancyHat wrote:
anhedral wrote:That door is not long for this world. Seriously Fox, you could have saved some imminent property damage by just Leaving. It. Open.

Mungo can't get in without a warrant. IF he does just run down the door like some WW2-esc T-34 tank, he'd in turn have to pay for the damages and also well, possibility of losing his job, and also a short sentence.. I think the only time you can go in without a warrant is when the suspect who fled into a house is either the suspect's own house, or if he is armed when he ran into another person's house.
Um, OK, but...probable cause?? (All right, I admit it, my understanding of legal precedent is based entirely on overexposure to Zootopia. Heaven help me.)
kinamiya

Post by kinamiya »

i would probably say that mungo doesn't want to damage private property...but i saw breaking fences....so....idk.....maybe he don't want to break tarot door?
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

anhedral wrote:
FancyHat wrote:

Um, OK, but...probable cause?? (All right, I admit it, my understanding of legal precedent is based entirely on overexposure to Zootopia. Heaven help me.)

I actually gotta agree with anhedral on this one. If Mungo breaks into a house to get fox without proof he is actually inside than hes in the same boat as fox. Though i am just going to call this one, if i am wrong i am wrong but i am sure of it at this point..

"There is NOTHING wrong with Sasha as far as supernatural stuff"

Why she is doing it i have no idea but i have a feeling that that's the plot twist that's dragged this out so long. Build up suspense until everyone is sure of something and then do the opposite since you never made it an impossible option.
Image Image
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

I'm surprised the alt text isn't something like "Have you tried turning her off and back on again?"
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Wolfbane wrote:I'm surprised the alt text isn't something like "Have you tried turning her off and back on again?"
Ha ha, *this*^^
Argent

Post by Argent »

Saturn381 wrote:I wonder what Peanut thinks of all this? :lol:
He's probably thinking about his strategy for Pokemon Moon.

Also, +1 to Wolfbane for "have you tried turning her off and back on again"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Argent wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:I wonder what Peanut thinks of all this? :lol:
He's probably thinking about his strategy for Pokemon Moon.

Also, +1 to Wolfbane for "have you tried turning her off and back on again"
Yeah i gotta admit you won the witty comment award on that one :D
Image Image
Argent

Post by Argent »

Do they have Pokemon in the Housepets Universe?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Argent wrote:Do they have Pokemon in the Housepets Universe?
Yes. We know they have Nintendo, and even Solatorobo, Pokemon isn't a stretch.
Frost SF

Post by Frost SF »

You see, its all about the eyes. Right?
Right?
guru4567 wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:
I always thought Pete just meant she was protected from her drunken "dad".
Last edited by D-Rock on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: If your post is the most recent and you wish to say more, please use the "Edit" button on the top of the post.
Q. Frosty.
get it? Q Frosty... queue Frosty? eh? eh?
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Argent wrote:Do they have Pokemon in the Housepets Universe?
Hasn't Peanut been seen playing Pokémon?

guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

i think it was, but that leaves who the protector is open.
Chinchilociraptor

Post by Chinchilociraptor »

Now now... Just because ONE game has ended doesn't mean kitsune isn't DM'ing or participating in others.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

But why would he be playing another game in this universe? There are an infinite number of low-order universes to play in, after all.
Frost SF wrote:
guru4567 wrote:I keep going back to the fact that she's "Protected". Who is protecting her, and will that come to play here?
I always thought Pete just meant she was protected from her drunken "dad".
I always assumed he meant that she was protected in that she would not be aware of their conversation (and so become involved in some way).