Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh! Do excuse me! Where are my manners? My name is Evelyn. Sister Evelyn, if you want my title too. And sorry, I missed the joke. I get rather too focused on my work sometimes. I'm not sure what you're talking about with my "lle" but it sounded like a compliment so thank you."

==========
Yay! Kiki has several big mouthfuls of the crunchy nuts. Only then does she remember something very important.
"Fank 'oo!" she mumbles around a mouthful, only showering the raccoon with a few crumbs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

both james and trevor laugh a bit. Trevor begins brushing the crumbs off. "come on kiki were gonna get you home ok?" trevor said picking up kiki and placing her on his shoulders once more. "james go get our bows from the cabin. ill meet you at the stream ok" trevor said begining to climb down. james nodded before leaving quickley.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"LLe is... uh.." Owain tried to think of the word and ended up clicking his fingers to focus. "place. And it sure were a complem't. I'm Owain," he added, offering the handpaw.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron was leading his group into forest looking for the child. He was using all the tracking skills he has learned being a Mercenary, but a mouse babe is harder to track than a heavy footed ferret.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Evelyn shakes the proffered paw. "A pleasure indeed, Mr. Owain. Welcome to our abbey."

==========
"Okay." says Kiki, still scoffing chestnuts. Glancing up from the bag she spots a familiar face in a nearby tree.
"Hi, Bwum! Look! Chesknuts!" she calls happily. Brum spins around so quickly that she nearly topples from the branch. In an instant she takes in the situation and without hesitation bounds across branches, leaping from tree to tree in a desperate flight to save Kiki from the weasel and the strange creature.
"What are you doing with her? Where are you taking her? Give her back!" she yells as she swings towards them.
"This way, Aron!" she shouts as she passes over the stoat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Trevor upon reaching the ground doesnt hear kiki and spins quickley to the aproaching person and drawing his long dagger in protection. James who was not far also drew his dagger and joined trevor. After so trevor was flooded by shouting, "ok ok hold on! what?" trevor said blocking any swings at him with his hands rather than his dagger. "if i heard correctly they are looking for the girl on your shoulders" james said. trevor makes an ooooh sound with his mouth and nods. "are you the mother?" Trevor asks still holding his dagger up unsure of any danger that would occur. James does the same and holds one of his throwing knives in his other hand. "someones coming," james said as trevor nodded also. "i hear them james dont worry." trevor said before focusing back on brum, "whats your name. i saw you earlier today.....you were in redwall preparing festivities correct?" trevor asked still keeping kiki on his shoulders.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"My pleasure, Chwaer Evelyn" Owain said before looking around, "You needin' any 'elp in 'ere? Idle 'ands an' all that?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron makes his way towards the commotion. Before he left Redwall Aaron had put his cloak and chain mail back on and grabbed his sword knowing the woods can be a dangerous place. Coming around a tree he saw Trevor and James with Kiki, slowly he drew his sword and moved into a 'ready position' in case it became a fight.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Willing paws are always appreciated. Are you able to sit up now or is your head still ringing?"

==========
"Uh... I'm a squirrel! How could I be? I am a friend though and we at the abbey want our child back!" As the two draw their weapons, Brum pulls a loaded sling from her belt and spins it slowly and dangerously, watching from the corner of her eye Aron approach below.
"You're right that I am from Redwall. We're a peace-loving people and I don't want to fight you. Please just let us have our dibbun back."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd spotted the convergence of the others and slowed to a trot, coming up slowly to 'tower' behind them, clenching his fists
Hotep the psychic

james pointed his throwing knife at arron with his sword."ill put it this way, since you are the only one i want to trust at the moment. before i disapeer with james and kiki. i ask you, to first have everyone else put there weapons down. you are in ranger territory this deep in the woods. second brum, would you care to join me for something to drink. then i will give you kiki. shes having quite the time out here. then the three of us will return to redwall. deal?" trevor asked watching everyone. "lets see one large man, three in the bushes, one with a sword, this brum character and a few more...i only have my saxe knife, throwing knife, v, and a few smaller throwing knives....on top of so if they arent the truth i have to protect kiki" trevor thought as james after hearing trevir slowly put one knife away while watching others.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The woods is free territory. it belongs to no beast! That's the way it's always been!" Brum swings her sling a few more times and then tucks it back into her belt, defeated.
"Fine. We'll talk. But don't you dare harm on hair on her head if you want to see another sunrise!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Trevor nods before putting his knives away. James followed suit still watchfull of the others around him. "oh but it is under ownership. No one beleives so" trevor said before waving for brum to follow as he and james began heading towards there cabin. "james we wont use any of our trails understand. i dont trust these people very much, move ahead and keep hidden." trevor said silently as james nodded before seeming to disapeer into the woods without a trace
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, thought's gettin' easier an' there's no point in wastin' a bed now, is there?" He sat up in a wobbly manner.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Any creature in need is not wasting a bed." Evelyn points out. "How do you feel now that you're sitting up? Not too dizzy?"

==========
"Only vermin think they can own it and none of them have been seen around here for many seasons. Where are we going and why won't you just give us our dibbun back? Her mother is desperate." asks Brum. She deliberately leaves a trail as she pushes through the undergrowth so that the others can easily follow her and rescue her should it be required.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain stands, with the help of the bed and does his best to look like he doesn't need the support as the world shakes around him. "That g'd enough, Evelyn?" he says, looking straight over her left shoulder for a moment before correcting himself.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"thats only what we want people to think. we are not far from where i live. Decides making paths wont help here. theres to many twists in the growth that it makes it harder for tracking." trevor said coming up to the clearing where his cabin could be seen, large for a one story house, it had a shed outside and its patio held two unstrung bows leaning on the wall. on the chair sat james. "if i find any of your freinds followed us i will have to shoot them. you are the third person to see this place." trevor said setting kiki down before turning to look at the growth. satisfied for the moment he enters the cabin.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I c'n lift'n'carry as well as any c'n" Owain claimed, trying to stand upright without holding onto anything.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Being an experienced healer, Evelyn isn't fooled for a second but she decides to play along.
"Looks like you're healing up nicely. I tell you what. Would you be a dear and sit up at the table here and finish chopping these dried herbs for me. I'll help you walk over there but I suggest you don't put your arm around me or you'll get spiked." Evelyn supports the wobbly mouse over to the table and indicates the piles of herbs which need chopping into their various jars. Once Owain is safely ensconced in a chair, she passes him a knife and chopping board.
"Make them about so big, if you please." she instructs, holding two fingers slightly apart to show the length. "Mind you don't chop your paws now. If you need to stop or lie down again, just say. Thank you for offering to help." Evelyn checks on the vixen again before crossing to a basket and beginning folding fresh linen into a cupboard.

==========
"I can whack you with a slingstone faster than you can string a bow." points out Brum, fingering the sling in her belt. "I'm honoured to visit your home and I'm sorry to appear rude but I have to wonder why you've brought me out here and why you won't let me take Kiki back to her mother."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"and i can throw a knife faster than a throw from a sling. I said i would allow kiki to go home, but i want you to realize what it is we do." Trevor said moving to a door in the back of the house. He opened it and lit a pyr at the center and set aside two curtains bringing light to the small armory of bows, swords, knives and such. all were seperate and above each stand was a picture of a king or queen, knights or a person. in the back were books and above it like the picture hanging in redwall was a person, instead it was a ferret in a green cloak with a bow at full draw, behind him was the knight redwallers knew. "recognize the knight?" trevor asked
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain nodded and tried not to wince as his head felt like a clapper striking the bell. He took Evelyn's offered arm and paid attention to her instructions, blinking once or twice to get his vision back to rights. “Enrhyw drafferth, Evelyn,” he said. “Uh, no trouble,” he translated before carefully chopping the herbs and only almost catching his fingers twice as he worked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's no knight but a warrior. Martin the Warrior. Not a bad likeness either." Brum answers quietly, shocked and somewhat alarmed by the vast array of weapons. Very few creatures at Redwall actually owned weapons and an armoury like this was unheard of except for at Salamandastron or in the stories of vermin of old. Even the Guosim shrews, armed as they were with their rapiers, did not display such an assortment of the tools of a dark trade.

==========
"From where do you hail, Mr. Owain, and what brought you to our fine abbey, if I may be so bold as to ask?" queries Evelyn as she works.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain paused in his efforts before replying - best to make sure he didn't lose a finger, he thought. "I'm from Wyeside in th' Marches," he said with a little wist in his tone. "Left a few blynyddoedd... uh, years back. Went trav'llin'. by th' time I went back it weren't home so I wand'r, lookin' to help where I can." He nodded carefully, feeling the headache lessen. "Of'en I've been able to. Reminds me, I'll need t' get that cup out my bindle later. For the feast.". He only almost cut his fingers.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded. "the ferret pictured was the Ranger that went into the same battle. He is Swiftpaw the white. he is who we see as a hero. he was the ranger that worked with martin before, but he had martin keep his identity unknown to others. For this no one knew of the rangers and his work that made redwall safe. The woods, redwall, and other places we watch. we are the only ones here that the last ruler gave orders to watch, protect, and serve redwall and its many surroundings. The woods are owned by us. The weapons around you are the ones used in Martins Battle he is shown in. we keep them ready for use." trevor explained touching the picture. James soon walked in with a cloth shirt on and held his leather armor. "darn leather is dry again. ill need to soak it" james said setting his leather armor down and putting the knives in there correct shelf. Trevor looked at brum. "you see we are the rangers of redwall. we know what happens before it occurs. except or kiki here, that came as a suprise when i found she followed me into the woods." trevor said
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Might I ask why it wasn't home?" Evelyn enquires as she slots another sheet into place.

~~~~
Brum is inclined to doubt this story but for Kiki's sake she decides not express this sentiment and instead resolves to research this ferret in her library as soon as she gets time.
"Why do you show me all this?" she enquires, still slightly daunted by the display of military might.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain gave a small sigh and gathered his thoughts. "Time passes, Ev'lyn," he said softly, "an' so do people. Them as you were mad at fer reas'ns y'can no longer figgur. Them you wanted forgivin' from an' those y'just knew. All gone or grown or changed in th' years y'bin changin' yersel'.". He grinned. " I were not much more than a plentyn... Uh, child... when I left but, time I got back? It were all different, eh? He sighed again before looking to see what Evelyn made of the tale.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"a sign of showing we are no enemy should you see us again.....and if i might ask is there still a king and queen in redwall?" trevor asked as james ran around with kiki on her shoulders.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"There's a Father Abbot but there's never been a king or queen of Redwall. We're a peaceful community, not a monarchy... Kiki clearly trusts you and I can see that you haven't hurt her so I suppose you are to be trusted and that I owe you an apology for my former hostility." Brum decides not to mention her suspicion that this could still be a plot to gain her trust somehow. She can't deny though that the two creatures could have easily overpowered her long since yet they haven't even attempted to lay a paw on her, and that they do seem very good with Kiki.

~~~~
With a jolt, Evelyn realises what must have happened. She drops the towel she was folding back into the basket and buries her face in her paws.
"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't realise! You poor creature! I should never have asked! I'm so sorry! I feel awful now! You must think me quite callous."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Carefully and gently, Owain gets up, walks over and puts his paws on Evelyn's shoulders. He was almost smiling. "Don' worry about it, luv," he said, "it were a time ago an' I'm past that, yeah? I jus'... well, it's pity I never want or need, yeah? So none o' that 'mbarrassment, y'hear? Tell me o' you. An' Brum."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

"i see.. that is a suprise. i ask because we watch redwall but i was unsure if there was a ruler anymore. that would meaan father abbot may know of our work if the secret was passed on." trevor said before grabbing a book from the shelf. "i know the libraryof redwall is large. compare this book with some of the other books. it tells of a more current history of redwall and some of the rangers doings....but i ask you dont spread word about us." trevor said handing the green book over, a leaf insignia on the top of the leather. trevor then smiled and went towards the living room where james was telling a story to kiki. "alright you two time to get kiki home. james get your cloak. were gonna escort brum back." trevor said. james nodded and grabbed his cloak and bow. trevor did the same then both placed the hoods over which quickly hid there faces and any expression they would have. there boddies seemed part of the cloak now that seemed standing upright. "miss brum. after you. Follow the trail straight ahead. it will take you to redwall" james said.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you..." Evelyn picks up her towel again and folds it into the cupboard.
"As to me, well there's not much to tell really. I was born and raised a Redwaller. I always knew I was interested in the healer's arts and when I finished my education at the abbey school I came and studied under the healer up here. When she retired I took over at the request of the abbot and the other abbey dwellers and I haven't looked back since. Ambrose, our cellarhog, is my husband and we have a beautiful daughter who works in the kitchens and a younger son who's been showing an interest in the gardens." Right on cue there's a knock at the door and a pretty hedgehog maid enters carrying a tray with a couple of bowls of soup for the few creatures occupying the beds.

==========
Brum thanks Trevor for the book and promises that she'll do some research but informs him that she'll have to tell the other creatures about him in as much as they'll be desperate to know where Kiki had gotten to.
"We'll have to let everybody know that we've got Kiki back too. I also have to wonder why you're so insistent that no one should know of you and if you're that insistent why did you reveal it to me?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

"you seemed to be the most trustworthy, decides kiki was not so persistent on heading back home. But i must insist that our work be secret. If everyone knew of us enemys would know very quickley and would plan against it. This secret keeps redwall safe and allows its people to plan ahead if trouble were to come. Its hard to explain fully. you can tell them about our names and kiki followed me into the woods because of magic tricks. but nothing more on what you saw or know of the rangers. trevor said he adjusted his cloak breifly "now as to everyone knowing were she went, its into the woods and to a travelers camp. dont be very specific where. Decides we'll be joining you for the feast." trevor said as james signalled he was ready to go.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled at the response. "You got a place good enough to spend a bywyd in... Um..." Owain concentrated through the ringing, "A life, I mean. Tha's a special thing t'find in life, Evelyn." He gave a small bow to the new entrant. "Prynhawn dda," he said in greeting before remembering himself again. "I mean g'd af'ernoon."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aldryd stood patiently, waiting for signal to proceed or turn back
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

Aaron was leaning on a tree, sharpening his sword with a whetstone he carries with him, and whistling a tune as he waited. He was starting to get worried because Brum has been gone longer than he expected.
Last edited by Fallout otter on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Afternoon, sir." greets Evelyn's daughter as she passes out to the soup to those who can feed themselves and then assists the one who can't. The herbs and spices in the fragrant broth fill the infirmary with a delicious aroma.

==========
"I see." Brum thinks it wisest not to ask who the enemies might be. "Well thank you for finding Kiki and looking after her. We'd best be heading back. I'll follow you if you lead the way through the undergrowth or I could go through the treetops with Kiki on my back if you'll point me in the direction of the abbey. I got a bit turned around on the way here thanks to the convoluted route we took."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The white fox stirred uneasily in her sleep , even with her eyes still closed , the horror could still be seen on the fox's face as she muttered , begging , to be more precise
"please.......don't......no......stop.........please......"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain accepted the broth and finally recalls he'd not had breakfast that morning. Nor much of dinner the previous day. He was quite hungry and indelicate over the consumption before apologising to the ladies present for his manners. Then he sat himself back down and grinned as he recalled how Evelyn hadn't answered his Brum based question. At least the ringing was dying away now. Still things to chop. He got back to it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor nodded. he then walked ahead waving for brum to follow. behind brum james followed watching around.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum follows Trevor back to where they'd left the rest of their small party. Seeing the otter and stoat standing around nervously.
"It's all right, everyone. We've come to an understanding and we have Kiki back. We'd better get her back home to her mother and ring the bells so that everyone knows that she's OK."

==========
"Clearly you were hungry. It's fine, Mr. Owain. Just wait until you see some of the hares eating tonight." She looks around as the fox starts muttering and then hurries to the vixen's side and begins bathing her brow with water from a bowl.
"Shh. It's okay. You're okay. You're safe." she keeps murmuring other gentle phrases, using her voice to soothe the fox as much as she can.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters