HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly?: Apollo City

Post by MrNeonShot »

Everything we can do is already done. Now we just need to rebuild the base, or somehow get it back virus free. Hinata said.
((hmm... I was hoping they'd meet Noah, but it seems that he'll be in there for a bit. How about we distract Kelly's group until he's ready?))
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:"A total of twelve men have landed on the Moon. This was accomplished with two US pilot-astronauts flying a Lunar Module on each of six NASA missions across a 41-month time span starting on 20 July 1969 UTC, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11"
This was an old wikipedia entry, but since then, nobody took the time to land on the moon until Atlas commissioned NASA to help them get here, because they figured out how to inhabit the planet. At first, the rule was that "no one can own one piece of space, because we're all from space", but since they really couldn't argue when Atlas set up shop, everyone fought to get a piece of Apollo. America, and the UK ended up winning that fight, but I fear its coming back.
Rosie explained.
"Slow down there Rosie, I'm no genius!" Ashe exclaimed, struggling to internalize the deluge of information. She did however get the gist of what was said. "So the landing site is where them humans first landed here last century? Huh." She was not that impressed, and seeing some random footprints from some guy was just plain weird. And she DEFINITELY didn't want to be reminded of the attack on the Moon Base. But the moon sand sounded fun.

"Well, might as well. We can make moon castles, and make Cae the king!"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The rat droid nodded when asked the first question, his stiff neck joints creaking, and then his head settled cocked to the side, "King?" Caeruleus buzzed, "I do not think that I am qualified to be the monarch of the moon."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"She meant that you'd be king of the castles we make." Dust explained.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery raised an eyebrow at Mr. Smith's reaction but was more concerned with the people coming out of the conference room. His eyes scanned from person to person until he spotted someone at the end of the crowd.
It was a man. Unlike many of the others in the crowd he was dressed in casual jeans and wore a black vest over a white shirt.
The man ran his fingers through his short Sandy hair before he noticed Avery, and a big grin spread across his face.
Owner and dog walked towards each other and met in the middle.
"What took you so long?" Alec asked jokingly, crouching down to Avery's level.
"I got... Sightracted." The dog responded
"Wouldn't expect anything less. First impressions?"
"I think I'll keep my feet on the ground for awhile."
A moment passed without either of them saying anything.
Then Avery crossed his arms, suddenly looking serious.
"Did you try to look for me?" The dog asked sternly. The man answered without skipping a beat.
"You kiddin' me? You'd yell my ear off if I did anything risky." At that answer the dog grinned and the two hugged. Alec drew a silent sigh, even after all these years Avery still treats him like a patient.
He did in fact go out and look for the dog, almost getting trampled by the people exiting the transport dock. But he didn't have to tell him that.
Alec ruffled his dog's headfur.
"So how are the sleeves."
"Good fit."
Alec nodded in agreement before standing back up.
They both walked back to Orion and Mr. Smith where Alec proceeded to give a friendly wave before introducing himself.
"HI, wish we could have met under better circumstances. I'm Alec, Alec Johnson." He held out his hand to shake. Up close one could see one of his eyes was more clouded than the other.
Last edited by Roarin on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It felt like a heavy lead weight was lifted from John's core, seeing Avery reunited with his Dad. He looked relatively young, maybe in his early 20's, and the fuzz on his chin was the only thing that made him slightly older. Listening to the banter between dog and human lightened his mood.

So, when Alec extended his hand for a greeting, John jovially stuck his beak into the crook in the palm and nodded his head up and down several times in a shaking gesture. He retreated his beak, and said, "hELLO mR. jOHNSON, i'M jOHN sMITH. fINALLY wE cAN gET tO sEE tHE bIG mAN iN qUESTION!"
===================================
Esper wrote:The rat droid nodded when asked the first question, his stiff neck joints creaking, and then his head settled cocked to the side, "King?" Caeruleus buzzed, "I do not think that I am qualified to be the monarch of the moon."
hypernovatic wrote:"She meant that you'd be king of the castles we make." Dust explained.
"Silly Cae, we'll play pretend that you're a king!" Ashe said, scruffing the rat's head. "The mightiest king of the Moon Kingdom!"

Suddenly, a warm feeling swelled in her chest, radiating from her heart outwards, and she sighed in contentment. "Dad met Avery's Dad, and they're together again!" She was grinning.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:Everything we can do is already done. Now we just need to rebuild the base, or somehow get it back virus free. Hinata said.
((hmm... I was hoping they'd meet Noah, but it seems that he'll be in there for a bit. How about we distract Kelly's group until he's ready?))
"I'm sure it'll work out. Things will be back to normal, or as close to as possible before y-" Todd suddenly emits three short but loud beeps and freezes in place, eyes blank. Kelly sighs and shakes her head.
"He's been having problems with his power level sensors lately. He probably didn't even know he was low. We'd better get him back to the theatre to charge." There's a short hiss and Todd's arms, legs and tail return to a neutral, default standing pose.
"Well, he had power enough for that but he's probably running off emergency supplies now. From what he's told me, were he in space as he was built for, that would have triggered his safety line to reel him in and the position makes him easier to get back through the airlock and onto the ship. Fortunately for us it'll also make it easier to carry him. Do you want to take his head or footpaws?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've got him. Hinata replied, swing him onto her back and carried him like a back pack. She positioned his feet to be wrapped around her hips for better grip.
He's really cute when he falls asleep. she said.
---
In our case, run our simulation engine. Rosie added to Cae.
---
Nice to meet you! I'm Orion Atlas, from Atlas Incorporated. Orion shook his hand, then saw the black suit turn the corner.
Dad! He shouted after the man. He then walked beside him as they went.
Orion. I'm very busy. Stuff has been going down, and I need to get things organized. he said.
I can't wait until the theater show. Then I'll be able to rest. he said. Orion wagged his cybernetic tail, then said Okay! I'll see you there!
and with that, he went back to Avery's owner and Mr. John.
My dad is still doing work today, so he won't be joining us.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The rat droid gave a small, "Oh." before beginning research on how to be a king
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Alec chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.
"Big man? Avery, what have you been telling these people?" He looked down at his dog, amused. Avery looked back up at him innocently.
"Well it's nice to meet you John. And thanks for getting Avery here safely." Alec scritch-scratched the top of the dog's head.
"He doesn't usually accept help from people. But I guess he saw something in you two." Avery's owner smiled.
------------------
MrNeonShot wrote:Nice to meet you! I'm Orion Atlas, from Atlas Incorporated. Orion shook his hand.
The man raised an eyebrow in surprise.
"Atlas? Ah, so your the pet of the infamous owner of this company" Funny, he figured with a man like Mr. Atlas being so rich he would have owned a real pet.
"I actually haven't seen him around that many times. But I guess it makes sense, running a company is a lot of work."
-------------------
Avery lightly tugged on the side of his owner's shirt to get his attention.
"So... what are you doing here anyways? Didn't you say something about a coffee shop?"
"What? I don't get to have hobbies? Besides, i can't let all this knowledge go to waste." He tapped the side of his head, making Avery roll his eyes.

Ref Ref!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah was mostly calm, but was still taking deep breaths. Stay positive. He said to himself. Look on the bright side. Electronic signals can still be sent. Dad can keep on uploading videos and getting paid ad revenue. It just means the mall won't be getting the next couple waves of toys anytime soon. We can keep on doing business as usual. Everything is fine. We might even be able to go to that new theater if I get out soon enough. Everything is awesome. He chuckled as he remembered that song and the movie it came with. Over seventy years later and it's still good.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Are you sure? He's... pretty heavy..." Kelly trails off as the rabbit picks up the ferret.
"I guess you are. He is kinda cute, isn't he? The quickest route to the theatre is this way." Kelly begins leading the way, following the map in her database.
"Let me know if you need any help with him."

~@~@~@~
The nurse notes Noah's readings settling down again. "There's a good dog. Nice and calm. Keep your readings steady like this and you'll be home in no time." she encourages, ruffling his headfur.

~@~@~@~
"Well, hopefully it will. Rock, you and Basil can have a look at Dale's modifications. In the meantime, now that Dale is out of danger, I'd better make a quick round and check on my other patients. You can wait out here, sir, if you like. There's a waiting area just down the hall there where you can make yourself a coffee or get a snack from the vending machine."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Roarin wrote:Alec chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.
"Big man? Avery, what have you been telling these people?" He looked down at his dog, amused. Avery looked back up at him innocently.
"Well it's nice to meet you John. And thanks for getting Avery here safely." Alec scritch-scratched the top of the dog's head.
"He doesn't usually accept help from people. But I guess he saw something in you two." Avery's owner smiled.
John noticed that his pass had fallen off his beak, and he hastily picked it up, before maneuvering the clip to latch upon his neck, pinching it. He didn't look fazed however.
"tRUTH bE tOLD, mR. jOHNSON--" He started buzzing "--yOUR sON hERE hAD aSSISTED mE oN aN eMERGENCY oPERATION oN mY dAUGHTER tODAY, nOT tO mENTIONED sAVING mY lIFE tWICE jUST tODAY! hE'S a rEALLY wONDERFUL dOG!" He smiled with his eyes at both Alec and AVery. "i nEVER rEALLY gET tO eXPRESS tHIS oUTRIGHT, bUT tHANK yOU."
MrNeonShot wrote:Nice to meet you! I'm Orion Atlas, from Atlas Incorporated. Orion shook his hand, then saw the black suit turn the corner.
Dad! He shouted after the man. He then walked beside him as they went.
Orion. I'm very busy. Stuff has been going down, and I need to get things organized. he said.
I can't wait until the theater show. Then I'll be able to rest. he said. Orion wagged his cybernetic tail, then said Okay! I'll see you there!
and with that, he went back to Avery's owner and Mr. John.
My dad is still doing work today, so he won't be joining us.
Even the lavender alien was intrigued by that revelation. So Orion's the pet, or in this case son, of Atlas co.'s owner. He had heard of Robin J. Atlas and his visions of creating a hospitable life on the Moon, as well as the tragedy that struck him and his late son after the outbreak. Glancing at the wagging tail of the blue cy-pet, he wondered whether Mr. Atlas was still in mourning. The long coat and fedora hat seemed to conceal something, but then again, he seemed to act just normal, if not a little busy.

When Orion returned to them and mentioned his Dad was not joining them, he shelved his thoughts and said, "uNDERSTOOD."
He did however flinched when Alec stated called the cloaked person 'infamous'. Maybe he was uninitiated, or just that frank. He averted the whole thing, and continued asking Orion, "aRE wE gOINg sOMEWHERE eLSE, oRION?"
====================================================

For the umpteenth time that day, Ashe was taken in for a tizzy with all the jargon. "Yeah, what she said." She kinda wished she was more informed about all these technical mumbo-jumbo, but again, the brochures only mentioned the user-friendliness of the cy-pets. Guess the promoters never took into account that these guys are complex living beings too.

They had been walking for a bit, passing by their own apartment building.... wait, what? Ashe slapped herself on the forehead. Why didn't she notice this before?

"Cae, apparently we're living in the same apartment building! And both me and my Dad didn't notice it before!" she exclaimed. The whole Moon base attack thing must have screwed with their perceptions.

Still, the cat didn't feel like going in and seeing either Miss Annette or go back home. "Never mind, let's just go on. This is only my second time here, so might as well."

((OOC: I assumed that the Ashe group is now between building C2 and C3, and yes, her reaction reflects my own.))

69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Very well sir, what are your inquiries?" Basil says as he directs his words at Rock.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah twitched uncomfortably when the nurse ruffled his head fur. Could you please not do that? I never like it when people ruffle my fur.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"The same building...?" Caeruleus' head drifted to face the building, "My mother lives in there...." He mumbled passively
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

kurowolfe wrote:They had been walking for a bit, passing by their own apartment building.... wait, what? Ashe slapped herself on the forehead. Why didn't she notice this before?
"What's wrong?" Dust asked.
kurowolfe wrote:"Cae, apparently we're living in the same apartment building! And both me and my Dad didn't notice it before!" she exclaimed. The whole Moon base attack thing must have screwed with their perceptions.
"Oh that's cool." Dust said with a smile.
kurowolfe wrote:Still, the cat didn't feel like going in and seeing either Miss Annette or go back home. "Never mind, let's just go on. This is only my second time here, so might as well."
"Okay, just a little bit farther." he encouraged.
---------------
"Well, I'd like for you to see if I had somewhat fixed it correctly." Rock said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I wanted to go back home for a drink, but we can go explore... I know! At the top room, gravity is almost non existent! Its like flying! Orion said.
At least, thats what I've been told. I'm not allowed to go, because my motor controls aren't good up there, but I've taken my friends to watch them! he said. You guys can play up there if you wa--
Excuse me, Master Orion? Mr. Atlas wants you to go around town until the show starts. It gets busy in here, and he wants you not to get hurt from all the rush. Lilly said.
Oh... Well, if you guys want to go around town with me, your welcome to join! Orion offered.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The nurse immediately drops her hand."Sorry. You're not like most of my other patients. I'll learn to work with you."

~@~@~
Kelly turns a corner and pauses. "Er... Computation error... We've come full circle..." She looks up at the sky scraper. "How did that happen?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hinata shrugs.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It's......... Okay. Noah said. It's just one of those little things that just drive me nuts, like when people ask me too many questions without giving me a chance to answer them, or when people plug their ears just because I'm saying something they don't like. I'm sure you have a couple of things like that yourself.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Caeruleus pinged again, "Progress report on Wealthy again, guys. I replaced a large section of corrupted code from the AI, so he is capable of very basic functioning now. It looks like he may be ready for a new body much sooner than expected, that is all." the recording of Annette came and went
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, yes! Everybody does! One of mine is when patients misbehave." jokes the nurse with a wink. "How's your pain level now? Have the painkillers kicked in?"

~~@@~~@@~~
Kelly checks her map again and reorients herself.
"Okay... I have recalculated the path. We should get there this time..." This time Kelly's calculations are correct and they arrive at the front door of the theatre. Kelly leads Hinata in through the double doors which unlike most doors in the city are old fashioned in appearance and must be manually opened and shut. Once through, she walks past a ticket desk and confectionery and refreshments stand and makes for a smaller, nondescript door in the wall, its smooth surface marred only by a small plaque denoting that this door was for "STAFF ONLY". Holding the door for Hinata, she shuts it behind the rabbit and then heads down the corridor to a recessed portion of the wall in which are several short platforms above which plugs for droids' cords are mounted in the wall.
"Plug him in over here, Hinata."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah returned the joking wink. The pain isn't completely gone yet but it is much better.

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Th-these doors don't open by themselves? Hinata asked as she plugged Todd into the wall.
---
That's great news! Has his new body arrived yet? Rosie asked the small ani-droid.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"JD wanted the place to have the look and feel of an old-fashioned theatre and he thought that having a droid open a door for you would be a good way to do that." explains Kelly. "Would you like a tour of the place now that you're here?"

~~@@~~@@~~
"Well these painkillers aren't quite as strong as the others you were on so they might not take the pain away fully. So long as you're comfortable you'll be OK."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure! Hinata glanced at Tod once more to make sure he was comfortable, then nodded.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Alright. Well, this wing is the staff wing and contains the living quarters for the troupe as well as offices and storage. So there's not an awful lot to see back here." Kelly leads Hinata back the way they've come and into the foyer.
"This is the foyer. This is where everyone comes in and mills around before the show and during the interval. They can buy tickets over there and refreshments and snacks over here. We even have oil and fuel pellets for the droids." Kelly makes for a set of double doors at one end of the foyer and pushes them open. She takes Kelly into the centre of the opulent room. Chandeliers hang from the roof and reflect off the polished wooden floor which is currently devoid of seating.
"This auditorium can be both a function room, a ballroom or dance floor and a second theatre depending on whether we bring out the seating, tables or leave it clear. Would you like to go up on stage?" Kelly asks, indicating the stairs beside the stage.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

This place is really cool! Like living in another time! Hinata looks at the chandeliers around the room.
That sounds good! Lets go! she answered the ferret-droid.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Esper wrote:Caeruleus pinged again, "Progress report on Wealthy again, guys. I replaced a large section of corrupted code from the AI, so he is capable of very basic functioning now. It looks like he may be ready for a new body much sooner than expected, that is all." the recording of Annette came and went
"That's great!" Dust exclaimed. "By the way, who exactly is Wealthy?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wealthy was the Moon Base's A.I. system. He was going through rampancy, an A.I.'s equivalent to cancer.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

MrNeonShot wrote:I wanted to go back home for a drink, but we can go explore... I know! At the top room, gravity is almost non existent! Its like flying! Orion said.
At least, thats what I've been told. I'm not allowed to go, because my motor controls aren't good up there, but I've taken my friends to watch them! he said. You guys can play up there if you wa--
Excuse me, Master Orion? Mr. Atlas wants you to go around town until the show starts. It gets busy in here, and he wants you not to get hurt from all the rush. Lilly said.
Oh... Well, if you guys want to go around town with me, your welcome to join! Orion offered.
John nodded. "sURE, i'LL jOIN iN." He figured that it would be good to let Ashe be with the others, to at least let her get used to being around cy-pets before the chemical cocktail wore off and his missing body parts grew back again.
===============================

"That's great news!" Ashe echoed the other pets' words on Miss Annette's report. "He'll be up and running in no time, yessiree!"
MrNeonShot wrote:Wealthy was the Moon Base's A.I. system. He was going through rampancy, an A.I.'s equivalent to cancer.
"Ah, so that what rampancy means!" the cat exclaimed. "I never really understood it completely, only that Wealthy's life was in danger."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly leads Hinata up onto the stage. "It is, isn't it? Thaat was what JD wanted." Once they've climbed the stairs, Kelly walks out into the centre of the stage. She points out to Hinata the light box from where the sound and lighting are controlled, the balcony which provides extra seating, the rows of lights pointing at the stage and the tracks, some holding lights or curtains, others vacant, awaiting set pieces, which hang over the stage. She shows Hinata the system of levers, counterweights and pulleys that allows the tracks to be raised and lowered with ease.
"Todd could have flown you up there so you could see everything close up. Sorry about that."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery nodded.
"I'll tag along too." It would give the dog a chance to tour the city and get his bearings around this place.
He looked up at his owner, wondering if he'll be accompanying them.
"I actually still have some things to sort around here." He vaguely pointed behind him with his thumb.
"But I'll catch up with you guys later."
A moment passed when Alec suddenly dug through his pockets and produced a flip phone.
"Almost forgot, here's your phone." The man handed it to Avery.
"You told me to get something simple so this is what I could find." The dog thanked his owner and put the phone in his collar pocket. It was true, he could figure out those complicated smartphones...

"So... Where are we headed?" Frost asked Orion.

Ref Ref!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yea I'm pretty comfy. Noah said as he stretched his arms. If I can go on the internet, I'm perfectly fine with staying here for a little bit.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We can get you internet access but we'll have to move you into the other ward first. This room is technically the recovery room. Now that you're awake enough we can take you back to your ward where you can rest up and heal." The nurse switches Noah's various monitors and pumps to battery mode and hooks them to the bed before wheeling him down the hall and into the elevator. A few minutes later, they're back in Noah's original room with the monitors and pumps running off mains power again. She passes the dog the remote for the TV in this room and then disappears and returns with a tablet computer.
"This is connected to our wifi. It'll keep you occupied. Feel free to play the games on there too but don't wear yourself out."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Orion watched the flip phone go to its pocket.
Is that a new double sided touch screen phone? he asked.
---
Iiii don't know, I'm pretty heavy. Hinata replied.
But this place IS beautiful...
---
Rosie and the group arrive at the park. There was a stepping path, leading down to the weather-worn american flag. But you'd have to walk around to the other side.
There was a translucent bubble around the flag area, but there was still moon sand that could be walked on.
Well, here it is!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, Todd is pretty strong." counters Kelly. "But thank you. We like it. You haven't seen the other theatre yet either. The other theatre is where tonight's show will be performed." Kelly leads Hinata back into the foyer and across towards a grand set of double doors but before she reaches them she diverts up a grand staircase. At the top of the staircase she opens another no less impressive set of double doors and gestures for Hinata to enter. The two droids step out onto the balcony which overlooks the auditorium. Row after row of red velvet chairs line the sloped floor of both the balcony and the huge auditorium below, their seats folded up to show off the numbers embossed on brass plates affixed to the front of each seat. A giant chandelier hangs from the roof, its myriad crystals in their gilded mounts refracting and reflecting the light so that it fills the whole whole room. Delicate carvings adorn the walls and cleverly conceal the sound system as well as a some lights and a couple of private boxes look grandly over the whole scene. Below and in front of the droids at the opposite end of the cavernous room lies the stage. The sheer scale of it is mind-boggling. The dark floor of the stage seems to flow from under the expansive curtain like a river from under a waterfall before it drops off into the rounded orchestra pit. The curtain itself is dark red velour and is lowered, completely masking the set from sight. The proscenium arch is also lavishly decorated with carvings, scroll-work and is formed from dark timber. The whole effect is humbling yet pleasing to the eye.
"Well? What do you think?" Kelly enquires quietly.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Roarin wrote:Avery nodded.
"I'll tag along too." It would give the dog a chance to tour the city and get his bearings around this place.
He looked up at his owner, wondering if he'll be accompanying them.
"I actually still have some things to sort around here." He vaguely pointed behind him with his thumb.
"But I'll catch up with you guys later."
A moment passed when Alec suddenly dug through his pockets and produced a flip phone.
"Almost forgot, here's your phone." The man handed it to Avery.
"You told me to get something simple so this is what I could find." The dog thanked his owner and put the phone in his collar pocket. It was true, he could figure out those complicated smartphones...

"So... Where are we headed?" Frost asked Orion.
MrNeonShot wrote:Orion watched the flip phone go to its pocket.
Is that a new double sided touch screen phone? he asked.
"sAY mR. jOHNSON, i wOULD lOVE tO gET tO kNOW yOU bETTER. mAYBE wE cAN mEET aGAIN aFTER yOUR bUSINESS?" The duck-like alien sincerely wanted to get to know him and Avery better; he couldn't explain why though. He still sucked in the social aspects of the human interaction, although he tried his best in the past 100 years to learn so.
======================
MrNeonShot wrote:Rosie and the group arrive at the park. There was a stepping path, leading down to the weather-worn american flag. But you'd have to walk around to the other side.
There was a translucent bubble around the flag area, but there was still moon sand that could be walked on.
Well, here it is!
Ashe didn't even notice the flag inside the bubble; all she saw was the sand! "Woohoo!" she yelled, and bounded towards the sandy grounds, letting herself plop onto the surface on her back. Grasping the grains in her paws, she commented, "Wow, the sand's different! It's prickly!" Her tailtip was a blur, blowing the sand out of its way.

((OOC: Just FYI, moon sand, or lunar regolith as it is known, feels rougher because the sand particles are more jagged around the edges, due to the low gravitational pull and the lack of moisture on the moon. Dunno whether Apollo City is different though.))

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm? Umm, I don't think so." Avery took the phone back out of his pocket to examine it more closely. The phone was still in fact, a flip phone, colored a charcoal black. It had a small screen in the front with the time and a camera. When you flipped it open there was an interior screen that could be controlled by the neon green blinking buttons inside. Avery tried to tap on the inside and outside screen.
"Err, nope. I think it just flips open and you can call people by pressing the buttons." He turned the phone on its side to see the manufacturer.
"No-key-ah? I think I've heard of them before. I think they were popular back in the day"
---------------------------------
"Yeah, sounds good." The man nodded to John.
"Hey, you know what. Why don't you guys drop by the shop in a few hours? That way we can meet up and I can show the new place." Alec ruffled Avery's hair as he looked up at his owner.
"That's the coffee place you got right?"
"Yep." Alec grinned. His exuberance was akin to that of a boy wanting to show off his new toy to his friends.
"Mr. Johnson." A voice down the hall called Alec's name.
"Ack, well, duty calls. I'll see you guys later. Remember, Sufficient Grounds Café, sector C7" He flashed the group another smile before making his leave.

Ref Ref!