Housepets! on TVTropes!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

GameCobra

Housepets! on TVTropes!

Post by GameCobra »

Hello, Everyone! Welcome to the Housepets! TVTropes topic. I figured I try to see if we can start a TVTropes Topic to get a discussion about the tropes on Housepets going on here since this comic already has large scales of tropes that can be used on this comic.

If you are not familiar with TVTropes, it's a website for people that have time to think about the things you see on Television/Media and point them out on the comic/show/videogame in the form of Tropes. It's entirely fan-base driven, but Tropes come in many different flavors - examples include Characters, scenarios, plots, settings, dialogue and motifs. The site goes into details about the tropes the more you spend time there.

Now here's the big thing: Housepets! has been on TVTropes for a good long time, but the comic has lots of good room for fans to discuss what tropes fit Housepets. Right or Wrong, that's what this topic was created for. If you ever wanted to ask yourself: "would this trope fit Housepets?" Or if there was some major changes you were wondering would work with the Housepets! TVTrope page, this would be the perfect topic to discuss such things!

Let's help to perfect the Housepets! Tvtrope page! :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Housepets! on TVTropes!

Post by copper »

I can't even navigate that site properly! :lol:

I have my own tropes in my head I use, so they probably will sound strange without explanation.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

A lot of the examples are on the left side of the page. I can give one good example that hasn't been added: In the holiday area, there's a trope called Halloween Episode, which Scaredy Cat and the half-finished All Hallow's Ween arc would count for. If I put it on the site, I would hit the edit page button and go down to where the trope would fit (put it alphabetically) and do it like this:

*HalloWeenEpisode

When done like this, the link for HalloWeenEpisode will then show up and explain to the troper what a HalloWeenEpisode is about. And if I wanted to add an explanation about the Halloween episodes on Housepets, I would do it like this:

*HalloweenEpisode: Scaredy Cats, where the cats and Zach try to play a game to see who can scare who out of the mansion. the half-finished All Hallow's Ween arc also counts as well, which marked the start of the 2012 art evolution for the characters.

Also, forgot to mention that the tropes on this site has a "Moments" section on the top right, which basically means you can write down in details on what you think was a Awesome(star medal)/Heartwarming(<3)/Tearjerking(water tear)/Funny moment(:D). Clearly, a lot of people can have a field day with these, but that's actually intended to make the comic much more enjoyable for tropers to hear about what fans like about the comic.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Still not getting it at all. Sometimes my thick skull is troublesome... Other times, like with a severe head trauma, it is a blessing though, so it all evens out! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Added the Affectionate nicknames to Fido, Bino, Max, Grape, King, Sasha and Sabrina. Was considering putting them next to the character's name in the future, or even creating it as a general thing that happens in Housepets.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If I could edit tvtropes properly I would.
I just can't get it to work.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Legotron123 wrote:If I could edit tvtropes properly I would.
Are you registered?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kitch wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:If I could edit tvtropes properly I would.
Are you registered?
Yes.
I did it so I didn't have to worry about the spoilers.
P.s. it's a really fun site.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

How about "What an Idiot" or something similar? During the Temple Crasher arc, Zach took the role of cleric because he was told by Sabrina he would be the most closely protected out of everyone. So what does he do when his allies encounter monsters? He split from them alone into the unknown. Cue you are likely to be eaten by a grue.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

He would fall more into the area of Lovable Coward, similar to Scooby Doo once a monster showed up.
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:He would fall more into the area of Lovable Coward, similar to Scooby Doo once a monster showed up.
speaking of which: There *are* two Scooby references in the comic. What kind of tropes would those get?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

They would go to shout-outs.