Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ChewyChewy

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla rolled her eyes.

"I'm not applying for a job at the moment."

She sighed.

"Look, cards on the table. Why do you hang out with me, and why are you telling me this?"
"Alright, cards on the table. I hang out with you because I enjoy myself hanging out with you, more than I do with anyone else." Max said, "And I'm telling you, because you've a right to know when someone considers you a good friend."
Vanilla stared at him.

She couldn't detect any dishonesty in his face, nor any sign of other deviousness, like he wanted to use her brain, or to set her up for some kind of prank.

Her eyebrows went into a frown position, like she was angry...but tears began to fall from her face.

She turned her head, sniffling.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla stared at him.

She couldn't detect any dishonesty in his face, nor any sign of other deviousness, like he wanted to use her brain, or to set her up for some kind of prank.

Her eyebrows went into a frown position, like she was angry...but tears began to fall from her face.

Max gently put a paw on her shoulder, forgetting how she reacted last time he did that, "Vanilla, are you alright?"
Rendak wrote:Aethon threw Sly again the clubhouse wall, blatantly ignoring Liz' request, then walked over to Sly and picked him up again, looking him in the eyes "I'm not trying to prove anything you little fool!"
Liz jumped at Aethon and grabbed him by the shoulder. She wasn't strong enough to do anything, but she still held on, "Stop it!"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla stared at him.

Max gently put a paw on her shoulder, forgetting how she reacted last time he did that, "Vanilla, are you alright?"
"You KNOW I'm not!" snapped Vanilla, shaking his paw off.

She turned red. "...Sorry, that came out wrong.... It's just...I need help. I want help. But I'm afraid to do what it takes to GET help. I want to stay the way I am, I want to change, I hate emotions, but I'm emotional, ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!"

She felt like a volcano, which finally erupted in the one word: "KIBBLE!!!"

She covered her mouth and sat down, crying but without any real sound. It was the kind of crying that would clear up in a minute or two, yet none the less sincere for that.
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly grunted in some pain, realising now Aethon wasn't kidding at all. This time, he didn't grip Aethon's paw and just let himself hang. "Sorry, sorry, what's wrong then?" Sly asked. one closed and slightly dazed from the previous action. By being lucky, he didn't seem to be in much pain, but was simply surprised at Aethon's actions. He looked towards Liz slowly, and felt somewhat sad that she was trying to look after him like that. Made him look up to her even more then he already had though.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aethon turned his head to Liz and shook her off to the ground easily, then turned back to sly "Okay, first of all, do NOT try to blame your current problems on me, and why we're you kissing that kitty"
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

"Would you believe the same reason I kissed you?" Sly began, somewhat mocking Aethon, but making sure it wasn't obvious. Giving just a second to lose his eyes and think, he slowly said: "I guess...I guess I kissed Liz because I care for her...a lot, I mean..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"You KNOW I'm not!" snapped Vanilla, shaking his paw off.

She turned red. "...Sorry, that came out wrong.... It's just...I need help. I want help. But I'm afraid to do what it takes to GET help. I want to stay the way I am, I want to change, I hate emotions, but I'm emotional, ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!"

She covered her mouth and sat down, crying but without any real sound. It was the kind of crying that would clear up in a minute or two, yet none the less sincere for that.
Max sat down next to her, and let her cry it out. He decided on saying nothing for the time being, and let her cry it out.

---

Liz was knocked off of Aethon easily. She looked up to Aethon and Sly, hoping nothing bad would happen. She listened to them as they talked.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"You KNOW I'm not!" snapped Vanilla, shaking his paw off.

Max sat down next to her, and let her cry it out. He decided on saying nothing for the time being, and let her cry it out.
After a few minutes, Vanilla sounded dry-mouthed.

"Sorry you had to see and hear that--especially out here. I don't get it, I should have been embarrassed to have an outburst out here, but...I feel like I'm in my room, talking to Honey."

She looked at him. "No offense."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote: After a few minutes, Vanilla sounded dry-mouthed.

"Sorry you had to see and hear that--especially out here. I don't get it, I should have been embarrassed to have an outburst out here, but...I feel like I'm in my room, talking to Honey."

"None taken." Max said, "Honestly, that makes me feel happy, that you're that comfortable with me."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote: After a few minutes, Vanilla sounded dry-mouthed.

"None taken." Max said, "Honestly, that makes me feel happy, that you're that comfortable with me."
Vanilla nodded.

"So why doesn't it make me feel happy? It didn't even take me this long to get comfortable with Honey."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla nodded.

"So why doesn't it make me feel happy? It didn't even take me this long to get comfortable with Honey."
"I don't know." Max admitted, "Why do you think you've gotten comfortable with me?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla nodded.

"I don't know." Max admitted, "Why do you think you've gotten comfortable with me?"
Vanilla became very UN-comfortable just then. Now she was the one who had to answer questions, and she felt like she was being given a test she wasn't even told about, much less had she studied for it.

"I...I don't know...because...you remind me of Honey? And...myself...."

Vanilla tried to hush her voice at the end, but cringed at the possibility that he may have heard it.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla became very UN-comfortable just then. Now she was the one who had to answer questions, and she felt like she was being given a test she wasn't even told about, much less had she studied for it.

Vanilla tried to hush her voice at the end, but cringed at the possibility that he may have heard it.
"I remind me of yourself?" Max asked, genuine curiosity in his voice. He wasn't too surprised that this was the answer, but it was still somewhat unexpected.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Conrad felt a weight hit him dead in the chest. He fell over in a heap and opened his eyesto the sight of awesome sitting on top of him.
Conrad stared for a second and started to laugh.
He grinned up at Awesome
So, I guess I'm it?
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla became very UN-comfortable just then. Now she was the one who had to answer questions, and she felt like she was being given a test she wasn't even told about, much less had she studied for it.

"I remind me of yourself?" Max asked, genuine curiosity in his voice. He wasn't too surprised that this was the answer, but it was still somewhat unexpected.
Vanilla winced, as if ripping off a band-aid that pulled her fur out with it.

"Well, you said it yourself. We have the same interests. And...we live with pets that we don't identify with a whole lot, much though we might care for them."

Vanilla thought that was it, but some nagging feeling made her wonder if she was forgetting something.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

44R0NM10 wrote:Awesome barked once more, this time instinctively seeming a lot more focused. Taking one more sniff, this time to make sure he had Conrad, he jumped, planning to land right next to Conrad and say tag loudly. In the chance Conrad dodges, Awesome would be able to swiftly get him from scent. He was just hoping he didn't miss the jump and end up landing on Conrad.

(your choice how Awesome goes. I basically gave you what he'd do in each circumstance :P )
Seth wrote:Conrad felt a weight hit him dead in the chest. He fell over in a heap and opened his eyesto the sight of awesome sitting on top of him.
He grinned up at Awesome
So, I guess I'm it?
Shiro flinched as he heard the sound of the impact, knowing it from first hand experience. "Y-you guys okay...?" He questioned as he opened his eyes and turned to look at the scene. The sound of Conrad's laughter helped to disperse any concern he might have had though. "Oh...uh, y-yeah, looks like it." The husky answered as he caught what the tackled dog had said, smiling a bit as he walked over. "So...sh-should we jump right in to round two, or would you t-two like to rest a little first?"
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

(Sorry for any inactivity.)

Mark packed his bag. He headed through the park, playing his flute. He also noticed Awesome, Shiro and Conrad. So, he sat down and watched while playing his flute.

(Are they out of the park?)
RAINBOW YEAAH!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla winced, as if ripping off a band-aid that pulled her fur out with it.

"Well, you said it yourself. We have the same interests. And...we live with pets that we don't identify with a whole lot, much though we might care for them."

Vanilla thought that was it, but some nagging feeling made her wonder if she was forgetting something.
Max nodded, listening to her, "Since we're a lot alike, that makes sense as to why we're comfortable around each other." Max said.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla winced, as if ripping off a band-aid that pulled her fur out with it.

Max nodded, listening to her, "Since we're a lot alike, that makes sense as to why we're comfortable around each other." Max said.
Vanilla shifted her weight from one foot to another.

"But you're NOT just like me. If you were, I wouldn't be comfortable around you. There's a LOT about myself I can't stand."

She groaned.

"Kibble, that's why I don't get this! You have my virtues, you lack my flaws, I'm comfortable around you, why can't I just enjoy that? Why do I have to keep my guard up?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Seth wrote:Conrad felt a weight hit him dead in the chest. He fell over in a heap and opened his eyesto the sight of awesome sitting on top of him.
He grinned up at Awesome
So, I guess I'm it?
Shirosune wrote: Shiro flinched as he heard the sound of the impact, knowing it from first hand experience. "Y-you guys okay...?" He questioned as he opened his eyes and turned to look at the scene. The sound of Conrad's laughter helped to disperse any concern he might have had though. "Oh...uh, y-yeah, looks like it." The husky answered as he caught what the tackled dog had said, smiling a bit as he walked over. "So...sh-should we jump right in to round two, or would you t-two like to rest a little first?"
Awesome smiled as Conrad laughed, a little concerned that he might have hurt him at first. He stood up, still smiling, before offering a paw to help Conrad up. "I'm fine either way, honestly," Awesome began, looking towards Shiro. He looked down for a second, afterwards, before slowly said: "I-I, erm, might have a small advantage here by the way...I watched a lot of trained scent dogs when I was younger, and even learnt a little from the more friendly of those dogs..."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shifted her weight from one foot to another.

"But you're NOT just like me. If you were, I wouldn't be comfortable around you. There's a LOT about myself I can't stand."

She groaned.

"Kibble, that's why I don't get this! You have my virtues, you lack my flaws, I'm comfortable around you, why can't I just enjoy that? Why do I have to keep my guard up?"
"I don't know..." Max said to himself, in a curious tone, not an uncertain one, "What if you're not comfortable because there's something in the back of your mind, nagging at you. Like you either can't figure out what it is, or you don't want to." Max asked. He shot his paws up defensively, "I mean, I'm only saying this because I kind of have that feeling."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shifted her weight from one foot to another.

She groaned.

"I don't know..." Max said to himself, in a curious tone, not an uncertain one, "What if you're not comfortable because there's something in the back of your mind, nagging at you. Like you either can't figure out what it is, or you don't want to." Max asked. He shot his paws up defensively, "I mean, I'm only saying this because I kind of have that feeling."
Vanilla groaned, turning away from Max.

"Now I wish you WERE a psychological therapist. Something IS there, but I don't know what it is, and I don't WANT it there."

She sighed, hanging her head.

"This is precisely what I've always wanted, but something isn't letting me enjoy it, and I--"

A light bulb came over her head.

She sniffed so hard it sounded like a reverse snort. She started to cry, but desperately fought against it.

"It won't LAST, that's what it is! It won't LAST! It NEVER does! NOTHING ever does!"

She wasn't exactly crying, just sniveling, and anyone walking in on her at the moment might have laughed at her countenance.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

44R0NM10 wrote:
He grinned up at Awesome
So, I guess I'm it?
Shirosune wrote: Shiro flinched as he heard the sound of the impact, knowing it from first hand experience. "Y-you guys okay...?" He questioned as he opened his eyes and turned to look at the scene. The sound of Conrad's laughter helped to disperse any concern he might have had though. "Oh...uh, y-yeah, looks like it." The husky answered as he caught what the tackled dog had said, smiling a bit as he walked over. "So...sh-should we jump right in to round two, or would you t-two like to rest a little first?"
Awesome smiled as Conrad laughed, a little concerned that he might have hurt him at first. He stood up, still smiling, before offering a paw to help Conrad up. "I'm fine either way, honestly," Awesome began, looking towards Shiro. He looked down for a second, afterwards, before slowly said: "I-I, erm, might have a small advantage here by the way...I watched a lot of trained scent dogs when I was younger, and even learnt a little from the more friendly of those dogs..."
Conrad took Awesome'a paw and pulled himself back to his feet, he felt a twinge in his bad leg but it didn't seem to be anything major. Feels okay, I think I'll be fine.

I'm good to start whenever you guys are. I'll see how my ears stand up to wonder boy's nose. He grinned as he finished his sentence, he really was looking forward to trying to catch Awesome, it had been a while since he'd played any kind of competitive game with someone that wasn't going easy on him.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Shiro's tail wagged a bit, smiling as he gave a nod. "N-nothing wrong with that Awesome, that you're trained, e-even if just a little, makes it that much more interesting." Turning to look at Conrad he nodded again, more than happy at the idea of another round. "I-I'm ready at any time."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned, turning away from Max.

"Now I wish you WERE a psychological therapist. Something IS there, but I don't know what it is, and I don't WANT it there."

"This is precisely what I've always wanted, but something isn't letting me enjoy it, and I--"

She sniffed so hard it sounded like a reverse snort. She started to cry, but desperately fought against it.

"It won't LAST, that's what it is! It won't LAST! It NEVER does! NOTHING ever does!"

She wasn't exactly crying, just sniveling, and anyone walking in on her at the moment might have laughed at her countenance.
Max wasn't neccesarily startled by Vanilla's outburst, but nor was he expecting it at all. He understood what she meant, or at least he thought he did. He shook his head, "Nothing ever lasts? What about Honey? She's still here, isn't she?" Max asked.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome smiled as well, realising now the easy game was over, and that nobody would be going any more easy. He rolled his shoulders, almost imitating his older brother Sly, and his tail finally began to wag. Stepping back, he said: "Ready when you are then Conrad." Part of him was looking forward to seeing how Conrad would go, but another part was curious at how Shiro would go on considering he was the most experienced. As he examined them both, he also realised just how dark it was getting. Given an hour or so, and there'd probably be no need to close eyes at all (if it wasn't for the street-lights that weren't in the distance)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Conrad stood where Awesome had started and closed his eyes
Ready when you guys are.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned, turning away from Max.

Max wasn't neccesarily startled by Vanilla's outburst, but nor was he expecting it at all. He understood what she meant, or at least he thought he did. He shook his head, "Nothing ever lasts? What about Honey? She's still here, isn't she?" Max asked.
"She doesn't count! I LIVE with her!" snapped Vanilla.

She covered her mouth and gasped, then turned away. She wasn't crying anymore, but she turned red all over and it was visible beneath her fur.

"I...didn't mean to say that--that's a HORRIBLE thing to say...."

Vanilla soon realized that Max had a point. Honey was still with her. Mr. Cake was still with her. She hadn't driven either of them away or turned them against her. Indeed, they were the only ones who had always been around and had neither used nor abused her. Sometimes she forgot that, taking them for granted, but...she really did appreciate it, and wondered how much she deserved it.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"She doesn't count! I LIVE with her!" snapped Vanilla.

She covered her mouth and gasped, then turned away. She wasn't crying anymore, but she turned red all over and it was visible beneath her fur.

Vanilla soon realized that Max had a point. Honey was still with her. Mr. Cake was still with her. She hadn't driven either of them away or turned them against her. Indeed, they were the only ones who had always been around and had neither used nor abused her. Sometimes she forgot that, taking them for granted, but...she really did appreciate it, and wondered how much she deserved it.
Max defied his natural instinct to flinch at her shouting. He shook his head, "No, I know what you meant." He said, "You know she'd care about you even if she didn't live with you. And there are others who care about you too. Like your Dad, Liz, and myself."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"She doesn't count! I LIVE with her!" snapped Vanilla.

Max defied his natural instinct to flinch at her shouting. He shook his head, "No, I know what you meant." He said, "You know she'd care about you even if she didn't live with you. And there are others who care about you too. Like your Dad, Liz, and myself."
"...Do I?" said Vanilla. She said it out loud, but she was mostly asking herself. DID she know that? What if Mr. Cake had never adopted her, and she met someone like Honey? Would she trust Honey? Or would she be resisting like this? Why HADN'T she resisted more when Mr. Cake had adopted her? Was it because she couldn't control it so she went along with it, and nothing seemed untoward? If so, what was different with Max?

She sighed, then shrugged. "You're right. Touche. I can't argue with you anymore."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"...Do I?" said Vanilla. She said it out loud, but she was mostly asking herself. DID she know that? What if Mr. Cake had never adopted her, and she met someone like Honey? Would she trust Honey? Or would she be resisting like this? Why HADN'T she resisted more when Mr. Cake had adopted her? Was it because she couldn't control it so she went along with it, and nothing seemed untoward? If so, what was different with Max?

She sighed, then shrugged. "You're right. Touche. I can't argue with you anymore."
Max was relieved to see that she seemingly became much more calm and receptive. He nodded, "That's good. I don't like to argue." He said, a bit of a smile on his muzzle, "This might be a bit forward, but would you like to take walks like this more often?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"...Do I?" said Vanilla. She said it out loud, but she was mostly asking herself. DID she know that? What if Mr. Cake had never adopted her, and she met someone like Honey? Would she trust Honey? Or would she be resisting like this? Why HADN'T she resisted more when Mr. Cake had adopted her? Was it because she couldn't control it so she went along with it, and nothing seemed untoward? If so, what was different with Max?

Max was relieved to see that she seemingly became much more calm and receptive. He nodded, "That's good. I don't like to argue." He said, a bit of a smile on his muzzle, "This might be a bit forward, but would you like to take walks like this more often?"
Vanilla looked at Max. She knew the answer was yes, but she didn't say that.

She folded her arms and half-closed her eyes.

"Are you asking me out?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla looked at Max. She knew the answer was yes, but she didn't say that.

"Are you asking me out?"
"So you consider this a date?" He asked, folding his arms as well.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla looked at Max. She knew the answer was yes, but she didn't say that.

"Are you asking me out?"
"So you consider this a date?" He asked, folding his arms as well.
Vanilla's eyes widened, and she lowered her arms.

"I didn't--you're the one who--"

She growled, but not in a nasty way.

"You tricked me."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla's eyes widened, and she lowered her arms.

"You tricked me."
"Tricked is such a nasty word. I prefer to think of it as, 'playing'." He replied.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla's eyes widened, and she lowered her arms.

"You tricked me."
"Tricked is such a nasty word. I prefer to think of it as, 'playing'." He replied.
Vanilla frowned.

"It's not playing when you're the ball."

She pulled her hood over her head.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Tricked is such a nasty word. I prefer to think of it as, 'playing'." He replied.
Vanilla frowned.

"It's not playing when you're the ball."

She pulled her hood over her head.[/quote]
Max blushed a bit, in embarrassment. He felt like he went a bit too far. 'I don't really have an off-switch, do I?' his inner dialogue questioned, "I didn't mean to offend."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max blushed a bit, in embarrassment. He felt like he went a bit too far. 'I don't really have an off-switch, do I?' his inner dialogue questioned, "I didn't mean to offend."
Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

"I don't believe in romantic love."

She nodded curtly as if to say "End of discussion."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

Max nodded, not necessarily knowing what to say in response. 'So I guess I do have an off switch.' He remarked to himself mentally.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

Max nodded, not necessarily knowing what to say in response. 'So I guess I do have an off switch.' He remarked to himself mentally.
"I...." Vanilla sighed. "Look, I personally would like to make this a regular thing. I mean, not THIS, but...walking in the park, and talking--about better subject matter."

She looked at her toes.

"But I'm not interested in dating."
PF chars

--Phoenix