Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kyuunado

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Kyuunado »

Those were the good ol' days when, if you were last, a blue shell was useful. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Hey, I'm currently playing Shining Force II and I'm stuck on the third battle. Can anyone lend a helping hand?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Hey guys, I got Assassin's Creed 4, and ya know what, it's a fun pirate game, like, really fun
*Raises hand* Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! Question!

What I'm REALLY interested about within Assassin's Creed 4 is: Do they still tell the story of what happens in present day, after you-know-who died?

Also, have I ever introduced to my little friends?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:I'd be excited if I were you!
I'm alrady excited! So excited I'm playing Pearl just to remember my dream team! *scurries around the walls*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Silly Zealot wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:Hey guys, I got Assassin's Creed 4, and ya know what, it's a fun pirate game, like, really fun

What I'm REALLY interested about within Assassin's Creed 4 is: Do they still tell the story of what happens in present day, after you-know-who died?
it's really not important, I really don't care about the present story
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I thought Pirates of the Carribean online was a realistic pirate game. Except for the fact you have to buy everything with RL money.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Not very pirate- like then is it? :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They make it easy to pirate in-game currency.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

if a pirating game had no kind of pirate activity I would be bitterly disappointed with it really.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Commanding your own ship. Keeping it maintained. Sinking other ships. That was the pirates life for me.
That, and trying to find that Easter egg dog on the island of Tortuga, or one of those islands.
I thought it was fun, especially when you had to stop Jolly Roger from trying to burst through your defenses.

I'm pretty sure Black flag would be a better pirate game, though.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Looking for a Pirate game? Play Uncharted Waters Online. You pirate other players that could potentially lose alot of value, but they get insurance if they are careful =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:

it's really not important, I really don't care about the present story
But that's the only part of the story we still don't know the ending of!

Anyone who played or researched into Assassin's Creed 3 already knows how the "golden age of piracy part" in the fourth game is going to end!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

The Grey Wolverine

Silly Zealot wrote:But that's the only part of the story we still don't know the ending of!

Anyone who played or researched into Assassin's Creed 3 already knows how the "golden age of piracy part" in the fourth game is going to end!
Shush, let other people figure it out if they want to, and I hated the present day story anyways.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm now Masuda Method breeding for a shiny Ralts in Pokemon X. I almost have a full box of them. They're not shiny of course.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I never did that, though I still managed to breed a shiny Riolu in Platinum once. And I plan on IV breeding at some point once I run out of content in X.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I now have a box and a half full of Ralts. I caught a shiny Durant!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Speaking as somebody whom thought Assassin's creed was getting better and better until Assassin's Creed 3 (where they basically went back to basics, left out the hook dagger and duel dagger systems), do you think I'd like it?

Seriously, tree climbing angered me. We went from "These towns all have ways to travel across them better, but you can pretty much do whatever you like and it'd work!" to "these towns are too small to do any really cool, continuous parkouring. But hey, at least you have these painfully linear trees that require ridiculous amounts of trial and error to realize what you can climb and what you can't. Same applies to the small amount of mountains!".
Even worse considering they got rid of the hook claw...I mean, I know the company basically split into 2, different people worked on Assassins Creed 3 than those whom worked on Brotherhood and Revelations, but still. The hook claw was not only a cool way of executing people, but it gave a much needed slight increase to the challenge of the parkour.

Oh, and Connor acted like an idiot throughout the entire game. Ezio had growth, and that was awesome. Altair was always the standard hero guy, made cooler by his dedication to the religion(?) of assassination shown in revelations. Connor was just:
"Now I'll side with the native Americas...now I'll side with Washington...now the Native Americans again...now Washington again..."
"Hey you know our tribe was massacred by these strangers? You ever think that could happen again?"
"What are you, a communist?"
Jokes aside, I just think Connor's character was written poorly...either that, or we were just supposed to believe he was gullible, and had no sense of morality.

That, and I personally despised the sea combat. I'm not gonna say it was bad, I don't really know...but it just felt slow, and dull compared the other elements of gameplay. Don't get me wrong Revelations made this mistake too, but the tower defense mini-games didn't last too long. I suppose maybe you were supposed to get a sense of spectacle from sailing your own ship and blowing others out of the water... I didn't get that at all. I just got bored.

So yeah, do you think I'd like Assassin's Creed 4?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Speaking as somebody whom thought Assassin's creed was getting better and better until Assassin's Creed 3 (where they basically went back to basics, left out the hook dagger and duel dagger systems), do you think I'd like it?

Seriously, tree climbing angered me. We went from "These towns all have ways to travel across them better, but you can pretty much do whatever you like and it'd work!" to "these towns are too small to do any really cool, continuous parkouring. But hey, at least you have these painfully linear trees that require ridiculous amounts of trial and error to realize what you can climb and what you can't. Same applies to the small amount of mountains!".
Even worse considering they got rid of the hook claw...I mean, I know the company basically split into 2, different people worked on Assassins Creed 3 than those whom worked on Brotherhood and Revelations, but still. The hook claw was not only a cool way of executing people, but it gave a much needed slight increase to the challenge of the parkour...
ect.
ect.

Maybe. You just have to try...
Or completely ditch the series all together because of one entry of the game.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

MrNeonShot wrote: Maybe. You just have to try...
Or completely ditch the series all together because of one entry of the game.
I don't really want to stop playing Assassins Creed just because I disliked a lot of the new mechanics of one game...Besides, according to reviews the game are just getting better.

Even though I disagree with Wolverine a lot, I value his opinions on things. Feel free and try to sell the game to me yourself if you like, or just tell me what you thought on the mechanics of Assassins Creed 3. :P
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Anybody (else) here ever heard of N/Nreality? or Autofrag/Autofrag Sumo/Autofrag Redux?

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I haven't even played assassin's creed.
I thought you were asking a rhetorical question.
I watched my friend play one of them, but all I saw was parkour.
The fighting was only with bare fists, so that got boring.
All in all, I don't think I'm that into assassin's creed.
The only reason I would have played was because of the revolutionary war setting.

I watched Tobygames play AC3, and the graphics are poor.
Reading your review just tells me it'll be a waste of time.
The Grey Wolverine

44R0NM10 wrote:

Even worse considering they got rid of the hook claw...I mean, I know the company basically split into 2, different people worked on Assassins Creed 3 than those whom worked on Brotherhood and Revelations, but still. The hook claw was not only a cool way of executing people, but it gave a much needed slight increase to the challenge of the parkour.

Oh, and Connor acted like an idiot throughout the entire game. Ezio had growth, and that was awesome. Altair was always the standard hero guy, made cooler by his dedication to the religion(?) of assassination shown in revelations. Connor was just:
"Now I'll side with the native Americas...now I'll side with Washington...now the Native Americans again...now Washington again..."
"Hey you know our tribe was massacred by these strangers? You ever think that could happen again?"
"What are you, a communist?"
Jokes aside, I just think Connor's character was written poorly...either that, or we were just supposed to believe he was gullible, and had no sense of morality.

That, and I personally despised the sea combat. I'm not gonna say it was bad, I don't really know...but it just felt slow, and dull compared the other elements of gameplay. Don't get me wrong Revelations made this mistake too, but the tower defense mini-games didn't last too long. I suppose maybe you were supposed to get a sense of spectacle from sailing your own ship and blowing others out of the water... I didn't get that at all. I just got bored.

I do, the towns let you climb everywhere, and in the jungles there is still tree running, but also towns you can run around and jump, and the swashbuckling elements are actually a ton of fun, it feels good, and Edward is fun, he kind of stumbles into being an assassin and honestly the hook claw isn't there at all, but you still run around and slide everywhere, plus with Edward not being an assassin at the beginning, he is a privateer who makes his way to there by accident, and as such he is limited by his assassin gear, using pirate abilities, parkour is doable n towns, and well made pirate tactics for fights, and there is a ton of ways to move around. I think you'd like it since it feels different
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing lots of Tales of Xillia 2. Really good game so far. I wish could understand the story but I don't know Japanese.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is there a script translation anywhere online? That's what I did when I played Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi.

Also, I would not be able to play an RPG without being able to understand the dialogue. The story is part of the fun!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm trying to beat Xenoblade before the sequel comes out on WiiU.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sleet wrote:Is there a script translation anywhere online? That's what I did when I played Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi.

Also, I would not be able to play an RPG without being able to understand the dialogue. The story is part of the fun!
There's a walkthrough that translates choices and quests but that's it. I never play for the plot anyway. I'm playing for the awesome gameplay.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Are there fans of racing games here? That's my main and favorite games genre, liking more the arcade ones with free roaming driving, but I don't reject the races on closed circuits. I prefer to avoid the real simultators, they require time and dedication, which I haven't. I'm neither fan of bikes riding games, except for the older motocross racing ones.

Are there also football (soccer) games players here? I used to play them more in past, but I've kinda lost interest in them, now.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I have Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the Xbox360, and Burn Out Paradise.
Both are really fun, but Burn Out Paradise is by far more fun.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:But that's the only part of the story we still don't know the ending of!

Shush, let other people figure it out if they want to, and I hated the present day story anyways.
It was because it ket interrupting the distant past part of the story, wasn't it?
I hated the concept too, at the beggining, but I got used to it, and after the whole "stop the templar world enthralling scheme AND the end of the world." I ended up getting interested by it!
44R0NM10 wrote:Even though I disagree with Wolverine a lot, I value his opinions on things. Feel free and try to sell the game to me yourself if you like, or just tell me what you thought on the mechanics of Assassins Creed 3. :P
I already did my take on the game at the end of this page.

The Grey Wolverine

Its not even that is interrupts the past story, its that the stories in the past are actually interesting, unlike the present day story which was kind of poorly done since it comes up like 7 times, its really under developed and boooooooooooooring
44R0NM10 wrote:Even though I disagree with Wolverine a lot, I value his opinions on things. Feel free and try to sell the game to me yourself if you like, or just tell me what you thought on the mechanics of Assassins Creed 3. :P
We do disagree a lot on games, I don't know why I talk to you as much as I do about them, not because I don't lie discussion, but I really don't play as many videogames, I play a lot more tabletop RPGs like Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and most disappointingly enough, Pathfinder, and a lot of miniature wargaming, mostly Warhammer 40000
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Is tabletop RPG very popular there in the US? I never seen the game being played here, nor the games themselves. Heck, I would have never even known about them if I hadn't read the comics!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tabletop gaming is pretty popular in the US, yes. Relatively speaking, anyway. It's obviously not very high on the list of most popular pastimes.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Starfox, anyone?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Right after I do this barrel roll... *boom*
Ahhhh, darn smartbombs.
The Grey Wolverine

MrNeonShot wrote:Starfox, anyone?
I like me some Stairfax!
kurowolfe wrote:Is tabletop RPG very popular there in the US? I never seen the game being played here, nor the games themselves. Heck, I would have never even known about them if I hadn't read the comics!
Depends on who you ask, a lot of people have never played, but it has its own communities.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

MrNeonShot wrote:Starfox, anyone?
64 is obviously one of the best rail shooters ever. Didn't care for Assault or Command, though. I think of Adventures as a different entity entirely from the rest of the series. It was a good game, probably one of the last Rare ever made.

I really wish the series would stop being dormant. There was still so much potential, and just think of what a 64-style game would look like in HD...
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I personally hate Krystal now.
I played Starfox Command 6 TIMES!
And not one of them does she stay with Fox.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

It's pretty clear they just had no idea what to do with Krystal's character. Story was never one of the series' strong points anyway, but Command was just disgraceful.
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Exactly.
My idea for the for a Starfox Game is to bring back the characters from Starfox 2 SNES, Fey and Miyu.
Fey could operate the Great Fox, Fox can remain in the Sky, and Miyu could work as a ground agent.
The Grey Wolverine

Krystal is a leftover from a game Rare canceled and turned into a Starfox game, for some reason. It was going to be a weird game with anthro foxes in it, so yeah, Stairfax!